PDA

View Full Version : Help with cue value

jimgodoy
09-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks,
Jim

Allen Brown
09-09-2013, 04:31 PM
I don't know anything about the price, but I do know that cue looks amazing. Will this be for sale when you get an estimate?

jimgodoy
09-09-2013, 04:51 PM
It may be for sale. It is a 60 inch cue which I think may add to the price and it plays great. I'm on the fence of whether or not I even want to sell it but a friend had been asking me about it for the last 6 months, so I guess it depends on what price I can sell it for.

Ken_4fun
09-09-2013, 05:47 PM
It may be for sale. It is a 60 inch cue which I think may add to the price and it plays great. I'm on the fence of whether or not I even want to sell it but a friend had been asking me about it for the last 6 months, so I guess it depends on what price I can sell it for.

60 inch cues do not command a premium, in fact they are a tough sell. A reason to stay with 58 inch cues.

I would suggest the cue is worth about $200.

Ken

jimgodoy
09-09-2013, 08:28 PM
any Mcfadden cue is worth more than 200.00, not sure how you came up with that number, but thanks anyway.

poolguppy
09-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Im not sure about this wrapless style but i usually see mcfaddens with wrap and points with a couple shafts in the 500 area but i agree 60 inch for MOST people wont help the price, and that crack hurts its value a lot, ive turned down cues because of less damage than that...most id personally pay is 250-300 range, and im a fan of 60inch cues

Shooter08
09-09-2013, 08:52 PM
I was offered a leather wrap merry widow McFadden with 2 shafts for $500 two days ago. I may pick it up on trade. I have heard they are good players for the money, i may just keep it for myself. THx

skierlawyer
09-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Terry's cues are very good, the ones I've hit with all hit very good. Terry worked with Ernie Martinez in Denver at one time and his cues are influenced by Martinez. His cues command less money than EM cues, and are an excellent value. I agree that since your cue is 60", Damaged, Used, and fairly plain it is worth $200-$300 in today's market. I would keep it if I were you.

TheNewSharkster
09-10-2013, 12:15 AM
any Mcfadden cue is worth more than 200.00, not sure how you came up with that number, but thanks anyway.

Isn't the whole point of this thread to get an idea of the value....

jimgodoy
09-10-2013, 08:02 AM
The point was to get a value on the cue however I struggle with the idea that a good looking custom, even with some minor cosmetic issues would really sell for less than a used production cue like a McDermott or Meucci. Oh well. I really do appreciate everyone's input. I think I will just keep it. Thanks again everyone!

cuesblues
09-10-2013, 08:12 AM
I know Terry and I have a couple of his cues.
I've also bought & sold several McFadden cues, and I consider them the best deal out there for playability vs, price.
Terry doesn't charge much for his cues, and I've seen similar McFadden cues sell for $200 to $400.
The cues posted is a nice one, but the 60" length doesn't add to the value.
$350 max

ridewiththewind
09-10-2013, 08:23 AM
The point was to get a value on the cue however I struggle with the idea that a good looking custom, even with some minor cosmetic issues would really sell for less than a used production cue like a McDermott or Meucci. Oh well. I really do appreciate everyone's input. I think I will just keep it. Thanks again everyone!

With all due respect...the crack in the handle is not a 'slight cosmetic issue'. That crack will only continue to be a problem over time, and if it's lifting the finish, it will allow moisture to get in, and possibly eventually warp. The handle really should be replaced...and that may well cost the value of the cue to do, when you factor in the refinish afterwards.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4

Ken_4fun
09-10-2013, 09:23 AM
I stand corrected.

Its worth at least $2000.

Can I write you a check?

Never mind....:mad:

Ken

galipeau
09-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Jim, i know we've spoken in the past. This one looks great, but I have to agree that the handle might need to be replaced... I would really ask a couple cuemakers and see what they say. PM me and maybe we could work out a trade.

galipeau
09-10-2013, 10:12 AM
At the same time, I will say that i've seen some really stellar crack repairs. Even worse than this one. for most people though, its a risk factor as some woods like to move. Remember to take forum advice with a grain of salt!

jimmyg
09-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Isn't the whole point of this thread to get an idea of the value....

Apparently only if it's an inflated price.... :rolleyes:

J

Shooter08
09-10-2013, 01:20 PM
What would a Mcfadden BEM merry widow with leather wrap and 2 shafts be valued at in mint condition? I have one on the way from a trade, I think I'm gonna play with it for a while based on everything I've heard about them being good players. Or if anyone is interested make an offer, I should have it tomorrow. THx

cueaddicts
09-10-2013, 01:34 PM

Unfortunately, that's today's market. Fewer players/consumers with each passing year and fewer places to play, but the makers keep pumping them out. You obviously haven't tried to sell a used McDermott or Meucci (even without structural issues) lately either. :(

Best of luck. Keep it and play to hell out of it....I've heard they are nice players. :thumbup:

Cdryden
09-10-2013, 01:49 PM
If it was mine I wouldn't let it go for $200.00 despite the crack. I realize that the market is bad at the moment but still......