PDA

View Full Version : Who do you like in this upcoming OnePocket match-Chip Compton or Larry Nevel

Dr.DreckDonkey
09-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Just curious on the public opinion on this match.
Who do you like and why?
Personally I think it will be a great match of two highly talented individuals.

Duane Tuula
09-10-2013, 12:43 AM
Larry has a huge advantage and should be a big favorite in my mind.

Bigtruck
09-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Chip loves being the underdog.

Both sides have the rail wide open on this one.

Ray

Dr.DreckDonkey
09-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Match is just 9 days away. I have noticed on Facebook that both sides are wanting to raise the stakes! I can't wait to sweat this one.

PocketSpeed11
09-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Seems like an even matchup to me.

9ball mike
09-16-2013, 10:24 PM
Larry has a huge advantage and should be a big favorite in my mind.

Can you explain why you say Larry has a huge advantage?

JumpinJoe
09-16-2013, 10:31 PM
The rails wide open they say. Makes very little sense. If both sides want to bet more they can bet it with each other.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm

JB Cases
09-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Who do you like and why?

Larry is my friend but I like Chip here because Chip comes from One Pocket Magic Land otherwise known as Oklahoma.

Bigtruck
09-17-2013, 08:18 AM
The rails wide open they say. Makes very little sense. If both sides want to bet more they can bet it with each other.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm

Not sure what you are trying to say but I'm sure both sides will increase their action before this starts. I had to have a minimum amount to put on the flyer.

Point is...both sides think they are the favorite. Will one be right? Will both be right and it turn into a dog fight?

You can always just save your money and bet on the Shaw/Dechaine exhibition match.

se10player
09-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Larry should win easy if he controls himself

Dr.DreckDonkey
09-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Larry should win easy if he controls himself

I do not think either one of them has it "easy" no matter what the scenario is...

Fast Lenny
09-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Chip Compton plays very close to Ochoas speed, I think Larry is the underdog here but what do I know about one pocket. :cool:

Bigtruck
09-17-2013, 07:12 PM
There will be ONLY 20 promo packs available plus 30 extra shirts and posters available. They will be first come first served.

They will go on sale tonight at 10pm cst. in the store on PoolActionTV.

Ray

$60 Promo pack includes: Event shirt, Autographed event poster and event pass
$25 - Event Shirt
$19.95 - Autographed Event Poster

$25 Event Pass
$15 Day Pass

Ray

Ktown D
09-17-2013, 08:28 PM
You can always just save your money and bet on the Shaw/Dechaine exhibition match.

I find this somewhat ironic given your sig line Ray. I appreciate what you are doing with this matchup, just don't see why you had to go there. I still like ya but that was kind of a slap and I don't see the reason for it.

I am looking forward to the match, looks like it will be a good one.

backplaying
09-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Seems like an even matchup to me.

Yep, I would say a pick it. I would think they both play just under Cliff.

Bigtruck
09-17-2013, 11:20 PM
I find this somewhat ironic given your sig line Ray. I appreciate what you are doing with this matchup, just don't see why you had to go there. I still like ya but that was kind of a slap and I don't see the reason for it.

I am looking forward to the match, looks like it will be a good one.

I'm sorry. I don't see it as a slap in anyone's face Daniel. Justin does great work and I admire what he and Mark have built. TAR is excellent, IMO. I buy em everytime I get a chance.

I was simply making a point to Brent that people have been asking for real action and then turn around and knock it. like something is up. Maybe I'm missing the point Brent was making.

Ray

JumpinJoe
09-17-2013, 11:29 PM
Not sure what you are trying to say but I'm sure both sides will increase their action before this starts. I had to have a minimum amount to put on the flyer.

Point is...both sides think they are the favorite. Will one be right? Will both be right and it turn into a dog fight?

I'll pass on betting both, I work on them nights. But if I were to watch or bet it would be for sure where actual gambling is taking place.

Don't care much to sweat exhibitions and or tournies with not much pressure.

Needing weight
09-17-2013, 11:32 PM
Ray didn't say anything even remotely out of line.

He's right we could just wait to sweat the Shaw match....

I'm gonna sweat em both. The Chip n Larry match will be a better sweat but Chip will win!

Chip would also beat Ochoa and Cliff.

I make the lines around here!

Bigtruck
09-17-2013, 11:35 PM
I'll pass on betting both, I work on them nights. But if I were to watch or bet it would be for sure where actual gambling is taking place.

Don't care much to sweat exhibitions and or tournies with not much pressure.

Thanks for clarifying Brent.

Ray

JumpinJoe
09-17-2013, 11:42 PM
I'm sorry. I don't see it as a slap in anyone's face Daniel. Justin does great work and I admire what he and Mark have built. TAR is excellent, IMO. I buy em everytime I get a chance.

I was simply making a point to Brent that people have been asking for real action and then turn around and knock it. like something is up. Maybe I'm missing the point Brent was making.

Ray

I always prefer real action. Been in far more then my fair share.

Just got no idea why both sides are asking to bet more from everywhere except one another. Now if one side only wanted to bet say 10, and the other wanted 20, then they got a reason to ask for bets from everyone.

Bigtruck
09-18-2013, 12:04 AM
I always prefer real action. Been in far more then my fair share.

Just got no idea why both sides are asking to bet more from everywhere except one another. Now if one side only wanted to bet say 10, and the other wanted 20, then they got a reason to ask for bets from everyone.

You probably nailed it. Maybe they have already raised the stakes between them and there's still more to go around.

Maybe all of that is posturing for dominance and control. It's also very possible that a high roll is not possible in this match. Which could allow it to get very interesting once the balls start rolling.

High Pockets Memphis will be a good place to be next Wednesday and Thursday.

Ray

Ktown D
09-18-2013, 10:26 AM

Ray

It was more a slap on the tushy not the face, you were a little more gentle than that.;)

I will be tuning in to the "gambling" match and I will probably also watch the " exhibition" as well. I wouldn't, and probably won't, hesitate to gamble on either one.

uwate
09-18-2013, 10:30 AM
I like Compton in this match.

im notoriously bad at picking winners so goooood luck to chip!

Bigtruck
09-18-2013, 02:36 PM
It was more a slap on the tushy not the face, you were a little more gentle than that.;)

I will be tuning in to the "gambling" match and I will probably also watch the " exhibition" as well. I wouldn't, and probably won't, hesitate to gamble on either one.

I agree. I will be broadcasting the $5,000 added Houston Open during the TAR match so I won't be able to watch. Usually the viewers will keep me updated.

Thanks D,

Ray

Bigtruck
09-18-2013, 07:00 PM
I like Compton in this match.

im notoriously bad at picking winners so goooood luck to chip!

You would fit right in in the commentary booth. :D

Ray

Dr.DreckDonkey
09-19-2013, 01:22 AM
Who do you like and why?

With just less than a week away, the public is clearly divided at 35 for Nevel and 33 for Chip.

With that being said. I know the tension is heating up and so is the bet! Here are a few comments from facebook!

Oscar Dominguez: Chip... What can I bet if we play.....
BONUS BALL! Lol

September 16 at 5:36pm via mobile Like 7..

Chip Compton: That's the only game I got a chance at Oscar;)

September 16 at 5:41pm via mobile Unlike 8..

David Parker: Speaking of. Yall are bout to be back playing bonus ball. Ha ha nice.

September 16 at 5:46pm via mobile Like 4..

Larry Nevel: We will bet 15k on the match Chip...plus for sweaters we will bet another 5k...

September 16 at 8:04pm via mobile Like 11..

David Parker: Oh boy

September 16 at 8:05pm via mobile Like 2..

Chip Compton: I got 15k for sure. So you want me to get 20??

September 16 at 8:05pm via mobile Like 7..

Chip Compton: That why I asked to jack the bet Larry Nevel

September 16 at 8:06pm via mobile Like 2..

David Parker: I'm still only betting 50$ on Larry..Cause he is a beast with the stroke shots and got a cue like Earl..

September 16 at 8:07pm via mobile Like..

Chip Compton: Get off your knees David Parker!! Lmfao

September 16 at 8:08pm via mobile Unlike 11

Bigtruck
09-20-2013, 01:13 AM
I noticed Larry is leading the pole by 3. One thing I think is clear. This is hard to call. Gonna be fun.

Scott Rabon, James Davis Jr and myself on commentary.

Ray

Ken_4fun
09-20-2013, 06:35 AM
I noticed Larry is leading the pole by 3. One thing I think is clear. This is hard to call. Gonna be fun.

Scott Rabon, James Davis Jr and myself on commentary.

Ray

Ray -

As you can imagine, it is a 50/50 split at Highpockets. I think Nevel is a slight favorite but there are plenty that think the other way.

Maybe that's why its causing such a stir, each side thinks they have a winner.

Ken

Bigtruck
09-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Ray -

As you can imagine, it is a 50/50 split at Highpockets. I think Nevel is a slight favorite but there are plenty that think the other way.

Ken

We are in the process of planning Part2 after the Houston Open.

Ray

Dr.DreckDonkey
09-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Ray -

I think Nevel is a slight favorite but there are plenty that think the other way.

Ken

Well the night before and the public is slightly leaning towards Nevel.
Who will win this epic One Pocket showdown?

Play starts tomorrow at 7p.m. central, tune in and sweat this one hole clinic.

I promise you will see some shots that will perplex your mind. Both these guys have unbelievable talent, strokes and creative minds for the game. I am excited and can't wait.

Juice
09-25-2013, 07:16 AM
Well the night before and the public is slightly leaning towards Nevel.
Who will win this epic One Pocket showdown?

Play starts tomorrow at 7p.m. central, tune in and sweat this one hole clinic.

I promise you will see some shots that will perplex your mind. Both these guys have unbelievable talent, strokes and creative minds for the game. I am excited and can't wait.

Junebug did you say perplex? LOL

Bigtruck
09-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Junebug did you say perplex? LOL

It's the debut of Junebug in the booth!! He has expanded his vocabulary for the gig! lol.

James has a lot of knowledge of the game and so does Scott. This will be the MOST educational show I've even been involved with. Get your pads and pencils ready!! :D

Everyone who gets an Event Pass will have access to the videos immediately after they are completed!! You will be able to fast forward, rewind and pause.

Ray

Ken_4fun
09-25-2013, 09:31 AM
It's the debut of Junebug in the booth!! He has expanded his vocabulary for the gig! lol.

James has a lot of knowledge of the game and so does Scott. This will be the MOST educational show I've even been involved with. Get your pads and pencils ready!! :D

Everyone who gets an Event Pass will have access to the videos immediately after they are completed!! You will be able to fast forward, rewind and pause.

Ray

Ray -

Is it possible that you put this on a CD? I would prefer to buy it.
Im out of town.

Thanks,

Ken

Treyf123
09-25-2013, 10:43 AM
I think I missed it but whats the price of the stream??

benny-the-blade
09-25-2013, 10:46 AM
I think I missed it but whats the price of the stream??

One day pass: $15

Both days: $25

Juice
09-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Junebug will be a great commentator for sure. Good guy for sure and has tons of knowledge on the game one pocket. When I watched double J play Josh Roberts in Vegas Junebug gave me the play by play and showed me some stuff I would have never seen. He is perplex in my opinion.

Bigtruck
09-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Ray -

Is it possible that you put this on a CD? I would prefer to buy it.
Im out of town.

Thanks,

Ken

If you Purchase the LIVE stream you will have access to it as long as you have your password.

On the recording you can fast forward, rewind and pause. It's available to watch as soon as each game completes.

Ray

Bigtruck
09-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Larry is up 1-0

Remember you don't have to watch live. If you get a pass you can watch the recording all you want.

Ray

Bigtruck
09-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Chip says this poll is off a little

Players have agreed to play till 4am cst (time zone 6)

Chip is up 4