PDA

View Full Version : My life is about to change in a good way.

bfdlad
09-11-2013, 08:30 AM
I can' say very much right now but yesterday I flew to Denver, Co for a meeting. Its not all 100% dialed in but looks very positive.
This change will enable me to help do some great things for Pool and hopefully have a positive effect. Seem like we have so much negativity in the pool world these days I am excited to looking forward in a positive way.
Sorry this post isn't very informative and means nothing to 99% of you butI just wantedto say something. I am sure if all goes well I will be be ack to explain more.

StraightPoolIU
09-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Hope this means big time pool and chili cookoffs in our future.

Johnnyt
09-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Good luck to you and the pool world you are trying to help. I never met you but I have a pretty good read on people and you are one of the very good guys on here...maybe too good sometimes. GO GET EM. Johnnyt

bfdlad
09-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Hope this means big time pool and chili cookoffs in our future.

LOL, Seems like the Chili cookoff is going to haunt me for a while :) Who knows though this may be my chance to make it happen :) Funny guy.

StraightPoolIU
09-11-2013, 08:47 AM
LOL, Seems like the Chili cookoff is going to haunt me for a while :) Who knows though this may be my chance to make it happen :) Funny guy.

In all seriousness though I wish you the best. I bought the decider a few weeks ago, and enjoyed the heck out of it. Consider me a supporter going forward.

justadub
09-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Here's to hoping it works out for you, Mark. Definitely one of the good guys

ChicagoRJ
09-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Good Luck buddy... hope it all works out.. .let us know ASAP...

Island Drive
09-11-2013, 09:30 AM
I can' say very much right now but yesterday I flew to Denver, Co for a meeting. Its not all 100% dialed in but looks very positive.
This change will enable me to help do some great things for Pool and hopefully have a positive effect. Seem like we have so much negativity in the pool world these days I am excited to looking forward in a positive way.
Sorry this post isn't very informative and means nothing to 99% of you butI just wantedto say something. I am sure if all goes well I will be be ack to explain more.

Welcome....wishing you the best up Nort'....;).

Houstoer
09-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Mark - don't know you but always considered you a very positive force in the pool world in which we need as many positive forces as possible. Good luck in you endeavors and hope it works out for you (and us) :)
Ed

Blue Hog ridr
09-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Ah, one of those Fat Boy posts eh.

I'm going to tell you something but can't at the moment. Its secret BIZ and I'm in on it.

Well, at least you aren't pregnant, thats a relief.

Just teasin ya as usual Mark, Anyway, I hope that whatever it is, it works out 100% for ya and make sure you keep us posted on the details as soon as you know.

pool101
09-11-2013, 12:22 PM
I thought you were having a baby! wew!!!
Good luck with it and keep us posted Mark...
Mark

3andstop
09-11-2013, 12:23 PM
I know what it is .... I know what it is!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKvhVssO348)

bfdlad
09-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Thank you guys for your kind words an support. It means a lot to me. I started meetings today at 10am and left the meetings at 10.30pm so its been a long day but got a lot done and a little closer to the goals and being able to tell more. This is not a tease or anything like that I wanted to respond and thank you guy for your support. I will be begin meetings again in the morning and hope that I can tell more after that. This will be good for pool, I am not promising the 'Answer" or the thing that will save pool but it will be a great start and at least positive for a change. Thanks again to you.

Mark

PocketSpeed11
09-11-2013, 10:16 PM

Did you say chili cookoff? http://youtu.be/xWbobiutvxM?t=2m28s

bfdlad
09-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Did you say chili cookoff? http://youtu.be/xWbobiutvxM?t=2m28s

Veryy funny, My girl Jessica pee'ed herself laughing. I'm very happy that you guys find it SSOOOOO Amusing. Actually it is funnier than you think. Stay tuned and you will understand why its funnier than you know.

PINKLADY
09-11-2013, 11:12 PM
wha - ?

i'm sorry, i've been coming-down from your "chili" for the past month.

when i get that new-fangled "LCD", that Jay's bringing me back, perhaps i can comprehend your Aussie accent.

:wink:

Azsandshark
09-12-2013, 02:56 AM
Hey Mark,
Looking forward to any tidbits you can let out! Good luck and hope you can start a new ball rolling for all us pool fanatics!

Larry Eans

CreeDo
09-12-2013, 08:09 AM
I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 1,000.

No, I'm not asking you to guess what it is. I just felt you should know.

ideologist
09-12-2013, 08:26 AM

I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 1,000,000 - you get one guess at it, I will pay a dollar if you get it right.

Double-Dave
09-12-2013, 08:28 AM
I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 1,000,000 - you get one guess at it, I will pay a dollar if you get it right.

Will send paypal in pm.

Ken_4fun
09-12-2013, 08:28 AM
I love chili...

Where is the cookoff?

Ken

franko
09-12-2013, 08:30 AM

It is good to read about someone excited in the Pool world, good luck and keep us informed.

bfdlad
09-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Ok, the good news is that all went well today and I have a bunch of things to do and I will be VERY busy. The bad news is I have been asked to not say anything until the press release comes out on Monday at the latest.
I am afraid I may have built this up to be more than it is but I feel it will be a great opportunity to make a difference. There will be a constant stream of new info in the next couple of months that will explain my excitement and the positive things I am looking forward to.
Its been a great couple of days and head home tomorrow, I still have some things to do in the morning and have to be up early although I feel like celebrating tonight. Better wait til I get home :)

Thanks again for you guys well wishes and support.

PoolSharkAllen
09-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Ok, the good news is that all went well today and I have a bunch of things to do and I will be VERY busy. The bad news is I have been asked to not say anything until the press release comes out on Monday at the latest.

This could be the big Bonus Ball announcement that we've all been waiting for! ;)

BryanB
09-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Mark,

If you move to Denver and setup shop where big tables reside, please try to get it involved in Joe Tucker's American Rotation league. I have a room willing here in Colorado Springs and we have 6 people so far who are going to participate.

bfdlad
09-12-2013, 06:44 PM
NNNOOOOOOOO not the BB announcement

PINKLADY
09-12-2013, 09:08 PM

69 - i meant KK9

CJ Wiley
09-12-2013, 10:14 PM

Hmmm.....500?

BryanB
09-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Here you go Mark:

http://www.str8-shots.com/mark-cantrill-joins-str8-shots/

Mark Cantrill Joins Str8 Shots
Monday, September 16, 2013 · Tell Us What You Think
September 16, 2013 (Colorado Springs, CO): Str8 Shots is pleased to announce that Mark Cantrill has agreed to join our team. Mark has been a top promoter in pool for nearly a decade and will definitely be an asset in developing programs Str8 Shots currently has in place as well as those they are going to launch in the very near future.

Mark Cantrill is known throughout the industry for the Legends and Champions Pool Tour he has produced for 8 years. These tours have included some of the biggest names in the industry such as Johnny Archer, Nick Varner, Darren Appleton, and Thorsten Hohmann. The fans love the opportunities they are given to spend time with some of their favorite professional pool player’s and the professionals themselves always have a great time.

Mark will oversee the coordination of all tournaments and special events Str8 Shots produces. He will help to develop and manage the entire Str8 Shots team. This team will be a representation of players at all skill levels. The great news for the Legends and Champions fans is that he will continue to do the tours they all love with the backing of Str8 Shots.

“We’re excited to have Mark join our team because his vision is so in line with the vision that we have for Str8 Shots as well as the pool and dart industries as a whole,” said Marc Griffiths, owner of Str8 Shots.

Mark Cantrill has wasted no time moving forward so keep an eye out for details about special events that will be announced soon. If you would like to be involved with Str8 Shots special events, tournaments, or tours, you can reach Mark at mcantrill@str8-shots.com.

Str8 Shots is an online retailer for dart and billiard supplies. Visit their store at str8-shots.com/shop.

ChicagoRJ
09-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Awesome Mark...good gig....take it to the next level :). See ya RJ

Slingshot 14
09-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Congratulations on the new adventure !

RobertaAgnor
09-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Congrats and lots of luck Mark!

fathomblue
09-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Mark is British. We'll all be playing snookah by the time he has his say.

I'm KIDDING! Well, about part of it. He really IS British.

Congrats, pal!

bfdlad
09-17-2013, 09:52 AM
Mark is British. We'll all be playing snookah by the time he has his say.

I'm KIDDING! Well, about part of it. He really IS British.

Congrats, pal!

Thanks guys and gals and Bryan for putting up he link. I didn't realize it was up and started another thread and then came back to this. I hope I can make a difference. There is more to come on this that is good and positive, it will be released once we get a little closer.