PDA

View Full Version : SVB vs Carlo Biado on TAR?

Johnnyt
09-12-2013, 04:18 AM
Seems like a pretty good match IMO. After he knocks SVB out of the World 9 ball it will become a grudge match I believe. Johnnyt

darren_simion
09-12-2013, 04:27 AM
Dont count out Shane yet. 7-3 now.

icucybe
09-12-2013, 04:28 AM
Biado has skills! It would be a good match up. What structure would be best race to 100 or best out of three? I leaning towards best out of 3 winner breaks.

NYC cue dude
09-12-2013, 04:31 AM
Races of less than 20, best of 3, neutral table is a pick em.

Johnnyt
09-12-2013, 04:43 AM
Dont count out Shane yet. 7-3 now.

I hope he comes back, but alt break is tuff to fade when you're down 4 games. Johnnyt

Vahmurka
09-16-2013, 05:29 AM
that could be a good one on TAR!
And as far as almost every TAR action match has SVB involved (for good reasons mentioned by Justin several times) I think it could be great to have Biado playing Thorsten on a TAR box!

spartan
09-16-2013, 05:40 PM
that could be a good one on TAR!
And as far as almost every TAR action match has SVB involved (for good reasons mentioned by Justin several times) I think it could be great to have Biado playing Thorsten on a TAR box!

Thorsten has not been on Tar and I would think that for a multiple world champ if he gets on tar for his inaugural match, he would go after bigger names like ex-world champs bustamante, orcullo or TAR dominator SVB. No offence to Biado but Biado will be farther down the queue:)

scsuxci
09-16-2013, 07:08 PM
Shane will hammer him in a long race.To much experience with the format
and doesn't fall into a mental slump like Biado did when he started making
simple mistakes.IMO,its a mismatch.

westcoast
09-16-2013, 07:56 PM
It would be cool to see Biado play Orcollo in a long race. Young upstart vs. the established vet. Would be interesting.

In terms of Shane, I think he is the favorite against anybody in a race to 100 in the TAR studio. If the match was in the Philippines, Biado or Orcollo would probably be slight favorites. In a relatively short race up to 25, it has been proven that Shane is definitely beatable in the TAR studio (Archer, Bustamante, Orcollo in the last 2 years)

westcoast
09-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Shane will hammer him in a long race.To much experience with the format
and doesn't fall into a mental slump like Biado did when he started making
simple mistakes.IMO,its a mismatch.

It is an interesting debate. What is a better test of skill? A short race in a tournament with a lot of immediate pressure or a long race which tests stamina and dogging a shot here an there is relatively insignificant?

chilli dipper
09-16-2013, 08:17 PM
This match doesn't really seem to interest me. I have not seen or heard enough of this Biado guy, it feels like it would shane playing some unknown guy. not sure if I would even watch it on a free stream.

strokin'myshaft
09-16-2013, 09:16 PM
It would be cool to see Biado play Orcollo in a long race. Young upstart vs. the established vet. Would be interesting.

In terms of Shane, I think he is the favorite against anybody in a race to 100 in the TAR studio. If the match was in the Philippines, Biado or Orcollo would probably be slight favorites. In a relatively short race up to 25, it has been proven that Shane is definitely beatable in the TAR studio (Archer, Bustamante, Orcollo in the last 2 years)

In the 3 money matches I'm aware of that happened between Biado and Shane, Biado is ahead 2 to 1. They may have played more than that so the record would be different.

Pfnatic
09-16-2013, 09:25 PM
This match doesn't really seem to interest me. I have not seen or heard enough of this Biado guy, it feels like it would shane playing some unknown guy. not sure if I would even watch it on a free stream.

Do you get good cell reception under the rock?

chilli dipper
09-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Do you get good cell reception under the rock?

I have only heard this guys name pop up in the last few months, has he been on many streams in the past?

westcoast
09-16-2013, 10:09 PM
I have only heard this guys name pop up in the last few months, has he been on many streams in the past?

he has been playing outstanding as of late- won the Hard Times tournament in Bellflower with such guys as SVB, Orcollo, Alex P., Souqet, Hohman, and Archer playing

JumpinJoe
09-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Plenty of elite players in the Philippines. Problem is they can't just come over here when they want, the young ones are not allowed to come at all. It's like they have to qualify to get that passport stamped to the u.s.. They got to win something over there before being allowed to come here.

It's crazy, but true.

jay helfert
09-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Plenty of elite players in the Philippines. Problem is they can't just come over here when they want, the young ones are not allowed to come at all. It's like they have to qualify to get that passport stamped to the u.s.. They got to win something over there before being allowed to come here.

It's crazy, but true.

This is true, but Carlo had established himself as a First Tier player (the highest level in the PI) over there before he came to the USA. After he won several events in Asia and the Philippines, he was finally able to get his USA visa. After what he's accomplished this year, that will no longer be a problem.

CanonShooter
09-17-2013, 01:48 AM
If Shane will hammer Hohmann at TAR Biado will squeeze him. And if he ever got a match with the Real Lion king of the jungle - Django Unchained will destroy his will and Hohmann knows it! Earl will suck out his oxygen in a 10 footer if TAR had it and will show him that 5 WPA and 5 US Open is better than 2 anyday anytime in these United States! Id pay and watch every one of these matches if TAR held it.

spartan
09-17-2013, 03:00 AM
If Shane will hammer Hohmann at TAR Biado will squeeze him. And if he ever got a match with the Real Lion king of the jungle - Django Unchained will destroy his will and Hohmann knows it! Earl will suck out his oxygen in a 10 footer if TAR had it and will show him that 5 WPA and 5 US Open is better than 2 anyday anytime in these United States! Id pay and watch every one of these matches if TAR held it.

Agree. Hitman Thorsten may have the baddest nickname but he will be badly manhandled in the long format (race to 100) against tamer names like SD Kid, The Lion, Django, Pearl. Not to forget Son of Pool, Robocop :thumbup:

Johnnyt
09-17-2013, 03:54 AM
Thorsten has not been on Tar and I would think that for a multiple world champ if he gets on tar for his inaugural match, he would go after bigger names like ex-world champs bustamante, orcullo or TAR dominator SVB. No offence to Biado but Biado will be farther down the queue:)

Not too many want any part of Carlo gambling. Johnnyt

jhanso18
09-17-2013, 06:24 AM
Not too many want any part of Carlo gambling. Johnnyt

I bet I can name the select few that don't mind. I want to see this kid play more. He's really exciting to watch!

icucybe
09-17-2013, 07:23 AM
I know Thorsten is not a gambler and more of a tour player. But SVB vs Hohman has too happend soon some way or another! :thumbup:

StraightPoolIU
09-17-2013, 07:43 AM
I know Thorsten is not a gambler and more of a tour player. But SVB vs Hohman has too happend soon some way or another! :thumbup:

Their set from the finals of this years SBE is up on InsidePool's youtube channel. You should check it out. It's pretty good.