PDA

View Full Version : Who won last night's action match?

oldplayer
09-12-2013, 05:15 AM
last night johnny archer and another player (forgot his name) played a money match at cues in canton, ga ......anybody know who won?

iba7467
09-12-2013, 05:24 AM
Johnny did what he always does ... he matched up in a game he couldn't possibly lose and barbecued his opponent. He spotted 7 games in a race to 22 and won the first 11 games. Shortly after I think he was up 16-9. I don't know final score just that he clearly won.

oldplayer
09-12-2013, 05:37 AM
thanks for the report iba

Put_upor_shutup
09-12-2013, 05:42 AM
Johnny did what he always does ... he matched up in a game he couldn't possibly lose and barbecued his opponent. He spotted 7 games in a race to 22 and won the first 11 games. Shortly after I think he was up 16-9. I don't know final score just that he clearly won.

In 2000 before john had eye problems...this would have been a little tougher. I saw john bbq stalev for 10k one time...and believe me..Stalev gets loose for the cash.

Birriards
09-12-2013, 06:12 AM
22-10 was the final score.

Hopefully the loser can write off the donation on his taxes.

dogginda9
09-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Just curious. Are John's games spotted added to the final score of 22-10? Meaning he won 3 games? Just asking.

cueman
09-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Just in case anyone wants to visit Cues it is on Canton Road in Marietta, GA and not actually in Canton, GA. It is a nice room.

oldplayer
09-12-2013, 07:50 AM
3354 canton rd Marietta ga.......great food, great service, great tables. new table lights too! what more could you ask? going there today as a matter of fact. maybe see you there!

poolpimp13
09-12-2013, 10:20 AM
In 2000 before john had eye problems...this would have been a little tougher. I saw john bbq stalev for 10k one time...and believe me..Stalev gets loose for the cash. an they played on a triple shim gold crown,john hager jr is a good player

iba7467
09-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Just curious. Are John's games spotted added to the final score of 22-10? Meaning he won 3 games? Just asking.

Correct, he won just 3 games. From reports, Archer was in full control at the beginning. Neither player was pocketing much on the break. Hager finally began running balls later on but would miss on the 8/9/10.

ironman
09-12-2013, 05:02 PM
an they played on a triple shim gold crown,john hager jr is a good player

Jpohn drew is a good player and has overcome a lot in the past few years. H e will put the money out ther and bet. He has own about $400,000 in the past year. When it comes to woofing and barking, he cn got u p arse of the best.
He had nochisce but be an action player.
When still in a stroller as a baby he, his mom and dad werein detroit, His mom, June got down with Rosey on a bar bax and June won about $300,000 with John drew there in the stroller. The next day Rosey showed wit less than halg the money and June went crazy. They were shown to the iterstate which was the best option. his dad is no sissy either.
Jpohnny's stroke might put fear in him but his bet won't!!

Ken_4fun
09-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Jpohn drew is a good player and has overcome a lot in the past few years. H e will put the money out ther and bet. He has own about $400,000 in the past year. When it comes to woofing and barking, he cn got u p arse of the best.
When still in a stroller as a baby he, his mom and dad werein detroit, His mom, June got down with Rosey on a bar bax and June won about $300,000 with John drew there in the stroller. The next day Rosey showed wit less than halg the money and June went crazy. They were shown to the iterstate which was the best option. his dad is no sissy either.

WHAT?!?!?!

Ken

LuckyStroke
09-12-2013, 05:11 PM

Ah, gotcha

Put_upor_shutup
09-12-2013, 05:18 PM

Yes yes he has won a little..recently actually..good movin little critter..walked right into the vault..he has a lot of gamble though even know he puts him self in spots to make scores he will gamble on anything and everything..

The Saw
09-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Yes yes he has won a little..recently actually..good movin little critter..walked right into the vault..he has a lot of gamble though even know he puts him self in spots to make scores he will gamble on anything and everything..

That's all true and legible.... He will GAMBLE, for sure.

Craig
09-12-2013, 05:52 PM

He also plays World Class Players dead even and gets the cash.

No disrespect I hope I didn't read your post wrong, but Johnny A. will get up and play.

I know you're a gambler yourself but when it comes to gambling it's all about getting the cash, regardless of what the proposition is as I know you already know this.

iba7467
09-12-2013, 08:21 PM
He also plays World Class Players dead even and gets the cash.

No disrespect I hope I didn't read your post wrong, but Johnny A. will get up and play.

I know you're a gambler yourself but when it comes to gambling it's all about getting the cash, regardless of what the proposition is as I know you already know this.

I was not being negative towards Johnny at all, but the statement is true about him 95+%. Back when he used to gamble he would play anyone even because he was better than them. As other players improved he quit gambling and focused on tournaments and family, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

In the last five years he has gambled 4 times and was dead stealing. If you don't think so just look at the final scores. I am not saying that is wrong, if someone wants to donate money to me I would probably take it.

tommyceilings
09-12-2013, 08:27 PM
I like John Drew's game a lot, and he puts himself in action with games you look at and think he has no chance of winning, but comes through.

He's capable of beating anyone in a race or a long stretch of ahead, but he's not the favorite playing Evgeny.

In 2000 before john had eye problems...this would have been a little tougher. I saw john bbq stalev for 10k one time...and believe me..Stalev gets loose for the cash.

seven_7days
09-12-2013, 10:56 PM

I know most of these words...but I still don't know what's being said.

ironman
09-13-2013, 04:41 AM
I know most of these words...but I still don't know what's being said.Simply put he as pretty much born and bred a suffler and shown th ropes quite early. He know how to gameble and unlikedmost, will gamble, He has been beaten but does not back down and neever offers excuses and keeps on ticking along.
He is not cray abut any totation game but, will play them Obiously I likre John and am a big fan of his.

ScottyDzntKnow
09-13-2013, 07:06 AM
Simply put he as pretty much born and bred a suffler and shown th ropes quite early. He know how to gameble and unlikedmost, will gamble, He has been beaten but does not back down and neever offers excuses and keeps on ticking along.
He is not cray abut any totation game but, will play them Obiously I likre John and am a big fan of his.

Spell check is a beautiful thing to use.

dakraljic
09-13-2013, 07:12 AM
He sin't native American speaker,so don't be rude to him !!!!
:smile::smile::p:cool:;):o:(

67tbird
09-13-2013, 07:24 AM
Seems we have a bunch of English teachers here :rolleyes:.

Leave the guy alone, if you're that great with English you should be able to get the gist of what he's saying.

CJ Wiley
09-13-2013, 08:12 AM
Simply put he as pretty much born and bred a suffler and shown th ropes quite early. He know how to gameble and unlikedmost, will gamble, He has been beaten but does not back down and neever offers excuses and keeps on ticking along.

I played John D. many times when he was coming up....I believe he learned a thing or "two".

Johnny A. and I also played several times and he always matched up tight. Both of these players have gambled more than most others that can be named.

It's kind of cool to hear about some good action these days, I was playing for $400. a game a couple nights ago myself......seems like the "good ole days".

Craig
09-13-2013, 01:26 PM
I was not being negative towards Johnny at all, but the statement is true about him 95+%. Back when he used to gamble he would play anyone even because he was better than them. As other players improved he quit gambling and focused on tournaments and family, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

In the last five years he has gambled 4 times and was dead stealing. If you don't think so just look at the final scores. I am not saying that is wrong, if someone wants to donate money to me I would probably take it.

I will agree some what with you on some of this. But it's not like every body is looking for Johnny either it ain't easy action for no one even today.

ironman
09-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Spell check is a beautiful thing to use. I guess you are right and now wonder the good posters left here. What is the point anymore

backplaying
09-13-2013, 03:02 PM

One wouldn't think Johnny would be stealing giving Henny the 7 and the last three, but it did look that way according to what I was told by someone who was in with Henny..

backplaying
09-13-2013, 03:04 PM
If it was John Hager jr playing Johnny, I watched him beat Cris Gentile playing 10 ball a couple of years ago. The kid can play.

Jaden
09-13-2013, 03:57 PM

Back in the mid nineties I watched him lose 30K to Francisco Galindo giving him the eight....

Jaden