PDA

View Full Version : Hide the Rum iba7467 coming back to D.C.

iba7467
09-12-2013, 05:15 AM
aka "Flying into Washington Dulles Part II"

I will be in Washington D.C. 9/19-9/20. I am hoping the group that came out last time can make it back out. That's right I'm calling everyone out;

beetle
black-balled
Corey-in-DC
MikeM

Maybe Andrew Manning, Perk and some other DC posters can make it this time.

JAM, if you and your significant other can make it out I'll buy dinner.

pfduser
09-12-2013, 05:41 AM
Good luck on your conquest of D.C! :thumbup:

iba7467
09-12-2013, 08:25 PM
No love from my DC people?

beetle
09-12-2013, 08:36 PM
No love from my DC people?

Can you make it out to First Break, Sterling VA on Thursday night? There's a 9 ball tournament out there and it always gets a good turnout. I'll buy YOU drinks if you can make it! I think I'll remember you even though I'm getting older, losing brain cells, and my memory is fading....

Black-Balled
09-13-2013, 10:24 AM
You do know that your last trip to DC was caught on video, right?

I'll be surprised, if you are let back in the joint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmkAxkYLuC0&feature=player_detailpage#t=46

Cory in DC
09-13-2013, 01:09 PM
aka "Flying into Washington Dulles Part II"

I will be in Washington D.C. 9/19-9/20. I am hoping the group that came out last time can make it back out. That's right I'm calling everyone out;

beetle
black-balled
Corey-in-DC
MikeM

Maybe Andrew Manning, Perk and some other DC posters can make it this time.

JAM, if you and your significant other can make it out I'll buy dinner.

Lame, I'm tied up those days. But enjoy the trip!

Cory

Black-Balled
09-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Don't sweat it, Cory.

We are coming over to your fine lil house.

iba7467
09-13-2013, 01:38 PM

I must have really made an impression. After all this time someone remembered my bridge and stroke to make this spoof video. Guy plays just like me.

iba7467
09-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Can you make it out to First Break, Sterling VA on Thursday night? There's a 9 ball tournament out there and it always gets a good turnout. I'll buy YOU drinks if you can make it! I think I'll remember you even though I'm getting older, losing brain cells, and my memory is fading....

Another bump and it looks like I'll try to make this tournament with Black-balled.

Black-Balled
09-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Another bump and it looks like I'll try to make this tournament with Black-balled.

damn. so i gotta play pool now? and stay up late? brutality.

maybe we should go for a bike ride instead, with similar amounts of alcohol, of course?

iba7467
09-17-2013, 01:14 PM
damn. so i gotta play pool now? and stay up late? brutality.

maybe we should go for a bike ride instead, with similar amounts of alcohol, of course?

You would have to start with the alcohol and finish with the bike ride whereas I would have to do the opposite. That's the only way I'm keeping up with you on a bike.

Bump to liven things up.

beetle
09-17-2013, 01:25 PM
You would have to start with the alcohol and finish with the bike ride whereas I would have to do the opposite. That's the only way I'm keeping up with you on a bike.

Bump to liven things up.

I will try and get over there by around 4:30 since they have a free practice beforehand. If you can get black-balled to go, you're far more persuasive than I. Ring game, anyone?

iba7467
09-17-2013, 01:51 PM
I will try and get over there by around 4:30 since they have a free practice beforehand. If you can get black-balled to go, you're far more persuasive than I. Ring game, anyone?

I have a meeting at the Hart Building at 2 PM. I hope to meet up with Walter and be over afterwards.

iba7467
09-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Trip started a day early. I am at First Break now if anyone wants to come out.

beetle
09-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Trip started a day early. I am at First Break now if anyone wants to come out.

Sorry, can't make it tonight. Have fun and see you tomorrow.

Andrew Manning
09-19-2013, 11:33 AM
As much as it pains me to miss out on this, I have a good excuse.

Her name is Aria, she's 3 weeks and a day old, and her mom has been home taking care of her all day while I've been at work. Gonna have to go home and take my turn.

Drink an extra beer or two for me, and shoot well in the tournament!

-Andrew

Cory in DC
09-19-2013, 11:46 AM
As much as it pains me to miss out on this, I have a good excuse.

Her name is Aria, she's 3 weeks and a day old, and her mom has been home taking care of her all day while I've been at work. Gonna have to go home and take my turn.

Drink an extra beer or two for me, and shoot well in the tournament!

-Andrew

Beautiful, congratulations!

Andrew Manning
09-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Beautiful, congratulations!

Thanks!

-Andrew

iba7467
09-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Congratulations Andrew. Probably best anyway since I'm wearing my pool playing shoes.

ROB.M
09-20-2013, 03:42 AM

-
I wish I would of seen this video a several months ago before he was here and I would of never gambled him...cue ball fouls only!! Lmfao tough game'

Cheers

Rob.M

Black-Balled
09-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Well, a fine time was had by all. Beetle, Iba and I were there to throw down and take the little weekly thing down.

Iba and I arrived with game faces on. That room was lucky to be empty, except for beetle. He had his happy hour face on an within moments, iba and I began drinking too.

We humiliated that diamond table, testing all of the 300" of rubber for elasticity while Iba made a valiant effort at ridding the venue of Cuba libres and beetle corona-d and I tried to be like Keith.

I almost won a match. I think iba came close too. Beetle was on a mission, beating us both and nobody else.

Sadly, iba did go bust, at the end of it all. Seriously...he left the joint paperless.

And on the happiest note, for me: I got to see a couple a couple of decades old friends, completely unexpectedly: thanks to my Arlington peeps for coming out. Made my night, warmed my heart and reminded me of happiness past. Miss those days and you both LOTS.

Pic attached

beetle
09-20-2013, 06:13 PM
Good to see everyone! My internal ear medical problem made my eyesight more acute (a known evolutionary phenomenon) and I was slicing in balls from everywhere last night!

So I got a lucky win on you guys. Sorry I could hear only half of what you were saying, but the drinks were good and I had a nice time.

We'll always have Paris.
--Steve

beetle
09-20-2013, 06:16 PM
And, to Andrew, congratulations!

iba7467
09-20-2013, 09:29 PM
I had a great time but the tournament director put a royal horse f**cking on us. Only two people did not get hues in the tournament (beetle and I), then the winner played black-balked. Oh, I did win a match. This guy played like Helen Keller but I won.

ROB.M
09-21-2013, 12:52 AM
No JAM.......?

Rob.M

Black-Balled
09-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Good to see everyone! My internal ear medical problem made my eyesight more acute (a known evolutionary phenomenon) and I was slicing in balls from everywhere last night!

So I got a lucky win on you guys. Sorry I could hear only half of what you were saying, but the drinks were good and I had a nice time.

We'll always have Paris.
--Steve

Interesting, about the ear thing. I have experienced it as well.

I had a bad ear infection and some- unknown to me at the time- crackhead was doing some tips for me. I told him tips only, no shaft cleaning. Went to pick them up and he tells me it is $20 more for each shaft, coz he cleaned them.

I almost cut him then and there.

Perk
09-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Damn, been out of touch for a bit or I would of got out....next time have Black Balled text me or something since I know he wont miss a post on AZ.....

Congrats on your baby Andrew!