PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas

Protocol
09-12-2013, 09:04 PM
So I am the captain of an APA 9ball team and we do a little thing for fun. Any time a player scratches or curses while playing they owe a quarter. I was giving the pot to who ever made a 9 on the break but it didn't take long to see this was not going to work out for the lower handicap players. I am looking for ideas on what to do with the money so that it is fair for all and in the spirit of fun. We normally get about 2-3 bucks a week so about 45 bucks for the whole session. Thanks

rrich1
09-12-2013, 09:11 PM
could do a tally of points won by each person. everybody isnt always going to win or win big.

lorider
09-12-2013, 09:25 PM
take every body to an end of session dinner. it wont pay the tab but it will put a dent in it.

another idea is to apply it to the last weeks league, that way every body could play free the last week.

PaulieB
09-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Could give the pot to the last player on your team that doesn't say "wow, this guy that is up from the other team is a huge sandbagger".

Shannon.spronk
09-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Our team used to do this. At the end of the season we took all the money and used it for supper and drinks. It was usually a pretty good time.