PDA

View Full Version : Where would Vincent be today?

IntoTheRail
09-13-2013, 04:00 PM
I was watching The Color of Money last night and the scene when they first go on the road and Eddie is briefly speaking of how he was involuntarily retired from pool, got me thinking. If there were a sequel made today, where do you think the Vincent character would be in his life? He went through quite a character transformation in the movie, it would be interesting to see what happened to him over the next 27 years. Tom Cruise was 24 years old in the original so if you go off of his age that would make Vincent 51 years old today. What would he be doing at that ripe young age? I dont think many would have guessed Fast Eddie to become a liquor salesman but it actually played quite well in the movie.

I would like to think that he and Eddie made amends and went on to make loads of cash together. Maybe opened up a room where they spot a new young hotshot that is primed for pool greatness...with the right guidance of course. The possibilities are endless but just wanted to throw it out there and see what everyone though. So....what say you?

dakraljic
09-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Vincent???
He is probably at another Scientology convension !!!
Or he just came back from one and now he practices their drills !!!
Hope I helped you somehow!
:wink::wink::wink::wink::)

BRussell
09-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Waiting for his Bonus Ball check.

boogeyman
09-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Great imaginative thread!!

I would say Vincent played a few more years in tournaments, but then got burned out as quickly as he ascended. He would never make a career pool player anyway, despite his hugely innate talents for the game. He ended up going into the military as that was his REAL dream in life. He became a career officer in he U.S. Navy and became a true gentleman.

He split with his girlfriend, Carmen, right as he went into the military and she became so infatuated with the pool scene that she became a backer and ended up doing well stake horsing. Although she never became a player herself, she learned the ins and outs of pool and eventually became Director of the World Pool Association.

By the way, I think we all would like to know who won the "grudge match"—(race to 9) at the end of the movie, right?
>Well, nobody technically because they stopped after the fifth game. The score was 3-2 Fast Eddie in the lead.
>Right before Fast Eddie was ready to break the 6th game he paused, stood up, and then began to break down his cue. He realized at that moment that he COULD compete with Vincent and therefore didn't need to prove himself for the money.
>Vincent understood this and said nothing.
>But what about the money? Well, nobody really wanted it. But before Fast Eddie walked out of the room with his woman he looked at Carmen so as to tell her to take the money and to "make sure Vincent is looked after."

Everyone at the end was a winner......................

How's THAT for an epilogue???

ENGLISH!
09-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Unlike about Eddie, Burt would have been right about Vince, he was a loser. A very good shooter with no good character & no real brains. What's her name would have eventually dumped him & he would probably have gotten his hands split wide open & would have wound up stocking shelves for Eddie. That is, after Eddie won Atlantic City the following year.

Johnnyt
09-13-2013, 04:41 PM
As much as I don't watch anything with Tom Cruise in it since COM, I always thought another pool movie would come out of it. It really was a boom for pool I have to admit...no mater how silly he looked in the part. It got 1000's of mainstreamers involved in pool. Pool halls were popping up in every town. Johnnyt

nb92
09-13-2013, 04:43 PM
dealer school

Majic
09-13-2013, 04:43 PM
I was watching The Color of Money last night and the scene when they first go on the road and Eddie is briefly speaking of how he was involuntarily retired from pool, got me thinking. If there were a sequel made today, where do you think the Vincent character would be in his life? He went through quite a character transformation in the movie, it would be interesting to see what happened to him over the next 27 years. Tom Cruise was 24 years old in the original so if you go off of his age that would make Vincent 51 years old today. What would he be doing at that ripe young age? I dont think many would have guessed Fast Eddie to become a liquor salesman but it actually played quite well in the movie.

I would like to think that he and Eddie made amends and went on to make loads of cash together. Maybe opened up a room where they spot a new young hotshot that is primed for pool greatness...with the right guidance of course. The possibilities are endless but just wanted to throw it out there and see what everyone though. So....what say you?

i would like to see a remake of COM using some of todays stars in the cast and please no BB.

cueaddicts
09-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Back at the toy store, about to get his hours cut to part-time due to Obamacare. :(

IntoTheRail
09-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Great imaginative thread!!

I would say Vincent played a few more years in tournaments, but then got burned out as quickly as he ascended. He would never make a career pool player anyway, despite his hugely innate talents for the game. He ended up going into the military as that was his REAL dream in life. He became a career officer in he U.S. Navy and became a true gentleman.

He split with his girlfriend, Carmen, right as he went into the military and she became so infatuated with the pool scene that she became a backer and ended up doing well stake horsing. Although she never became a player herself, she learned the ins and outs of pool and eventually became Director of the World Pool Association.

By the way, I think we all would like to know who won the "grudge match"(race to 9) at the end of the movie, right?
>Well, nobody technically because they stopped after the fifth game. The score was 3-2 Fast Eddie in the lead.
>Right before Fast Eddie was ready to break the 6th game he paused, stood up, and then began to break down his cue. He realized at that moment that he COULD compete with Vincent and therefore didn't need to prove himself for the money.
>Vincent understood this and said nothing.
>But what about the money? Well, nobody really wanted it. But before Fast Eddie walked out of the room with his woman he looked at Carmen so as to tell her to take the money and to "make sure Vincent is looked after."

Everyone at the end was a winner......................

How's THAT for an epilogue???

lol the first part of this sounds like he walked out of the color of money and it turned into Top Gun.

I do like the Carmen angle though. That could make for a very interesting flick right there.

desertshark
09-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Unlike the Hustler the sequel to COM would have been more like an episode of Intervention without a happy ending.

Vincent and Carmen would end up in rough times. Vince a crack dependent bum and eventually beaten to death in a back alley over a bad drug deal. Carmen would try her hand at prostitution ending up strung out on heroin and eventually overdosing in a John's hotel room after being used as a "sock puppet."

Eddie would eventually be overcome by alcoholism and dying of a rotted liver and his bartender/bar owner love interest in the movie would end up selling all his stuff and dying a lonely death in a trailer park in Detroit.

scratchs
09-13-2013, 05:04 PM
He follows his old lady around Wall Street..

classiccues
09-13-2013, 05:06 PM
He would have taken the Balabushka to Valley Forge where I would have broken the news to him that it was a Joss. Told him the value went from 15k to 1k and he would have quit pool to race cars and marry Nicole Kidman. :p

Where he would have lost to Ricky Bobby. :thumbup:

JV

scratchs
09-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Unlike the Hustler the sequel to COM would have been more like an episode of Intervention without a happy ending.

Vincent and Carmen would end up in rough times. Vince a crack dependent bum and eventually beaten to death in a back alley over a bad drug deal. Carmen would try her hand at prostitution ending up strung out on heroin and eventually overdosing in a John's hotel room after being used as a "sock puppet."

Eddie would eventually be overcome by alcoholism and dying of a rotted liver and his bartender/bar owner love interest in the movie would end up selling all his stuff and dying a lonely death in a trailer park in Detroit.

I responded to soon..you had me rolling with the above script..man.

Kim Bye
09-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Carmen dumped Vincent for a mature guy with a real job. Vincent didn`t handle the breakup very well, he began drinking, he`s game suffered and he evntually found a dead end job, playing pool in a dive with shitty bar box tables on weekends while hanging out with he`s friend Jack Daniels and on paydays a ghetto hooker and some blow!

rexus31
09-13-2013, 05:16 PM
He would be grinding it out and devastated Bonus Ball didn't pan out, then announce his retirement on a popular online pool forum.

Tramp Steamer
09-13-2013, 05:19 PM

Excellent. Not only is this in keeping with the characters it is no doubt very close to the truth, were it real life. Well done, desertshark. :)

JohnnyP
09-13-2013, 05:37 PM
And I thought the Hustler was a downer movie.

michael4
09-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Vince joined a band in the late 1980's

In 2013 the movie opens with Vince as an American Idol Judge :thumbup:

book collector
09-13-2013, 06:56 PM
The sequel would have been about Vincent and his girlfriends child prodigy televangelist.
The movie would have ended with a 3 way shootout between Vincent the mother and the kid because they all counted "funny".

(((Satori)))
09-13-2013, 07:15 PM
Vincent has moved on from pool to make more money as an eSports competitor. Even at the ripe old age of 51 he is still the best and making well over 6 figures a year.

"But can you make any money playing Stocker?"

Koop
09-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Ass up in a gutter somewhere.

The Kiss
09-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Hustling just enough to buy cheap shoes at payless.

The Renfro
09-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Can't tell you... But eventually I'll finish writing the story :thumbup:

LOL I am sure others may be further along in their endeavors... I'll have to look but I think I am only 30-40 pages into the screenplay :frown:

Chris

Dead Money
09-13-2013, 10:06 PM

Vincent? Broke. Living with his parents and humping his fist at night.

PaulieB
09-13-2013, 10:29 PM
Back at the toy store, about to get his hours cut to part-time due to Obamacare. :(

Hey, give them 15 off on the Australian model!

JB Cases
09-13-2013, 11:35 PM
Waiting for his Bonus Ball check.

Now that was funny, true and sad at the same time!

DogsPlayingPool
09-14-2013, 12:13 AM
Vince would have maxxed out his credit cards playing online poker.

dom_poppa
09-14-2013, 12:14 AM
Vince would probably be at bars playing in APA/NAPA.

(((Satori)))
09-14-2013, 12:54 AM
Vincent has moved on from pool to make more money as an eSports competitor. Even at the ripe old age of 51 he is still the best and making well over 6 figures a year.

"But can you make any money playing Stocker?"

Check out the promotional video.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=417923

Then the top earners
http://www.esportsearnings.com/players

I am truly jealous.

Standbykid
09-14-2013, 06:48 AM

LOL....you're such a realist!

michael4
09-14-2013, 07:04 AM
Vince would probably be at bars playing in APA/NAPA.

Vince would be sandbagging in the APA as an SL4

fasted71465
09-14-2013, 07:18 AM
He took over Eddie's alcohol business after he was killed during a hustle gone wrong.

GreenFeltguy
09-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Vincent would die of old age after waiting several years for his bonus ball check and his unpaid winnings at the u.S. Open !

StonedCEO
09-14-2013, 08:43 PM
He would be working for a candy factory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKbLquqxBAQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DIKbLquqxBAQ&app=desktop

YubaCushion
09-14-2013, 09:17 PM

Standing at a whopping 5' 6" with that attitude he'd probably be decomposing right now.

gopi-1
09-14-2013, 09:24 PM
The world's a changin', he adapts

http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/tom-cruise.jpg

YubaCushion
09-14-2013, 09:32 PM
The world's a changin', he adapts

http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/tom-cruise.jpg

Photoshop goodness right here.

Shooter08
09-15-2013, 12:14 AM
Vince would go on to run a chain of car washes that he invested his winnings in after winning 50% ownership from a guy who had too many quarters in his pocket at his local bar and went on vacation to Vegas because he thought he was "good".

blah blah
09-15-2013, 01:03 AM
At the end of COM, Carmen and Vincent were already arguing and fighting like a break up was coming fast.

Carmen meets a better, smarter hustler at that same tournament and ends up dumping Vincent for him.

Vincent is broken up but wants to win so badly that someone easily hooks him up with drugs- he beats his gambling match that night, beats Eddie, wins the tournament, and gets himself a drug addiction to go with all of that money. Now that he has no one with any sense controlling him, the drugs take over and he lands in jail (any number of interesting charges).

Time in and out of prison, over and over, finally gets some of the attitude knocked out of him, he eventually gets clean, and he learns some sort of trade. Cold and prison hardened, he finally breaks the cycle and decides to be the straight and narrow non pool player.

A lunch hour? After work beers with coworkers? gets him back into a poolroom again, and he finds he still has some skill left. And there's a young kid acting up a storm, just like he did. He remembers himself when he was young, and decides he's going to take this kid under his wing and try to teach him and guide him.

Plot twists ahead: Vince isn't allowed to leave the state on his probation terms, but he and the bebe kid go on a multi-state road trip anyway; there are new drug temptations; Carmen is still strong and heavy in the big money pool scene, and she has a soft spot for Vincent and the memories of youth.

Toncam
09-15-2013, 01:50 AM
Vince would go on to become a child therapist due to his experience working at the toy store and his prowess at Stocker. :D

Tony_in_MD
09-15-2013, 04:48 AM
Vince is in van with a girl down by the river. :p

DelaWho???
09-15-2013, 04:49 AM

Vincent gets caught up in a drug deal and gets busted with 15lbs. The movie begins with his last raping in prison before he gets out. He gets work as a short order cook surrendering 25% of his pay to the house under constant threat of being violated and sent back for more ass raping. Finally he can't take it anymore and swings from a beam in the cheap hotel room he's living in after carving his initials in it.

:cool:

Bossman69
09-15-2013, 05:29 AM
Sadly enough, all of the previously read scenarios could have happened and have to most of the phenoms we have seen or heard about. :yeah::yeah:

rexus31
09-15-2013, 07:21 AM
Through his "Stocker" prowess, he was a lock at "The Point" where he graduated at the top of his class. After graduation, he flies drones for the US Air Force because, "it's all coming down to video game reflexes." After years of doing this, the reality hits that he is killing countless citizens through his sorties and he decides to retire from the Air Force. He picks up pool (9 Ball) again because, "it's easy; you make the shot and line up the next." After a few months of practice, Justin convinces him to play Shane in a 9B race to 100 at the TAR Studio which he wins 100-54. Next up is Qatar where he snaps off the World Championship and is deemed the best 9B player in the world.

Diamond69
09-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Scene 1
New AZBer VinDoom9 posts on the forum that he's looking for a backer for DCC. Trolls and defenders chime in with advice, insults, and some donations so he can make the trip.

Newer AZBer KarmaCarmen69 jumps on with her own thread about VinDoom9 is a scammer, dirtbag, and thief. Anyone who donated she is so sorry for and she would like to pay them all back because she already feels a connection with them.

1st intermission
VinDoom9 shows up at DCC, has a decent tourney, but dumps just enough to get some money action throughout the tourney. Starting out with 1 air barrel match, he builds a nice little bankroll and has nuthuggers everywhere touting this old guy as the next big thing in gambling.

VinDoom9 posts on here regularly as he travels around to other tournaments and making some money doing decent in tourney's and traveling.

Final act
VinDoom9 gets challenged by RealBartrum to play some. They finally meet up in Columbus while VinDoom is teaching his Aim of Doom lessons to locals. After getting destroyed by RealBartrum, he meets a girl and offers to take her on the road as Fast Eddie did for him.

Final scene
While doing laundry because of bedbugs in a sleazy motel, something falls out of the girls pocket. It's a picture of the girl and her mother.....Carmen!!

Fade to black.....

CocoboloCowboy
09-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Wear a NEW Black T-shirt.
http://rlv.zcache.com/grave_of_vincent_van_gogh_grave_of_made_by_remy_o_ tshirt-rbed4bd42db5f4e529be4f5d4fff39662_va6lr_512.jpg

pt109
09-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Vincent had a successful road career, bought and sold a pool hall...
....and founded the Super Billiard Expo....

...and gave the Cardiac Kid the opportunity to become a champion.

Blue Hog ridr
09-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Vince would go on to run a chain of car washes

Then a couple of pool bums cleaned him out of quarters. He went broke and Carmen left him.

He became fat and balding and spent his days drinking heavily, eating Cheezies while watching porn and masturbating. Eventually ended up suffering from orange dick disease.

Was rescued by long time friend, Vinnie Barberino and joined the Church of Scientology.

Now Vince spends his evenings masturbating in his back yard while star gazing and waiting for the Mother Ship.

True Story.

sjm
09-15-2013, 08:25 PM
I believe Vincent would be very wealthy, having scored his fortune selling a popular line of T-shirts with "Vince" written on the front and "Everyone's Doing It" on the back.

blah blah
09-15-2013, 09:21 PM
Vincent has grey hair, a pot belly, and is one of the more annoying old gamblers/ railbirds at the local pool room. He does something slick and possibly shady but with easier hours as a day job- loan collector, repo man, used car salesman, book maker... One day a young man walks in and introduces himself as his son, that Vincent never knew he had.

Kid is in trouble and going nowhere in life. He needs his dad's help on a very immediate issue, and while solving that, long term Vincent decides to try to teach the kid all of the lessons he wished he'd learned earlier on. In return, the kid knocks some of the irritating shortsightedness out of old Vincent.

That's all I've got- I'm trying to continue the story and leave room for the next generation, too.

michael4
09-16-2013, 07:28 AM
Vince has made a good living over the years by opening a martial arts studio focusing on the pool cue as a weapon

(((Satori)))
09-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Vince has made a good living over the years by opening a martial arts studio focusing on the pool cue as a weapon

Is it a coincidence that that is a Filipino art?

the kidd
09-16-2013, 09:28 AM
If real life he be dead.

ChicagoRJ
09-16-2013, 10:23 AM
He'd be an APA 5 in a few leagues....cause he knew how to "dump"' and getting a free trip to Vegas every year, and just enough money to buy video games....

WildWing
09-16-2013, 02:45 PM
He would have failed at whatever as he couldn't help but show his ass, as Eddie noted.