PDA

View Full Version : Best day/time for weekly tournament??

bubble_cream
09-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Just wondering what others opinion is in regards to having
Small local tournament, what day and time is working
Where u play pool out of?

Currently here in Winnipeg the local 9ball tourney runs
Sundays @2pm but lucky to get 8 players.
I seem to remember going to Chris's Billiards in Chicago
On a Friday night and playing in a decent sized 9ball
Tourney.

Thanks for any input.

Jaden
09-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Just wondering what others opinion is in regards to having
Small local tournament, what day and time is working
Where u play pool out of?

Currently here in Winnipeg the local 9ball tourney runs
Sundays @2pm but lucky to get 8 players.
I seem to remember going to Chris's Billiards in Chicago
On a Friday night and playing in a decent sized 9ball
Tourney.

Thanks for any input.

To get people into pool rooms on slow nights/days.

A Sunday afternoon, monday night and Saturday tourney are the most common I've run into.

It's gonna greatly depend on the venue. They avoid league nights, and busy nights typically, Friday and Saturday nights come to mind, but even that will rely heavily on the typical clientele and area.

It all comes down to whether it's good business or not.

I think people tend to forget that most decisions in order to keep those things around have to be good/sound business decisions.

Jaden

Baxter
09-14-2013, 07:30 PM
Our room has a weekly 9-ball tournament every Saturday at 1pm, and a weekly 8-ball tournament on Wednesdays at 7pm. The Saturday tournament is double elimination race to 5/3, and Wednesday nights are single elimination race to 3. Monday nights are an in-house handicapped 8-ball league.

ctyhntr
09-15-2013, 05:25 AM
Who's paying for table fees? If the poolhall is hosting it for free, then you may have to work around their schedule, meaning their least busiest nights.

Goldcues
09-15-2013, 05:44 AM
For me, and many other players that I am aware of, having a regular life with job and family means I look for the Friday night or weekend events. Those are basically the only ones I can apply myself to fairly, without taking time off from work.