PDA

View Full Version : playing badly

fasted71465
09-15-2013, 12:54 PM
I have been playing about 25 years and I took a few years off. I started back about 4 months ago and after about 6 weeks I was hitting them as well as I was before any breaks. Now I am playing the speed I played at when I was 14 years old. Slumps are all in your head and I am not confident in myself right now and feel uncomfortable at the table. I fell I need about a two week break but I set my table back up when I started back and it is hard to stay away. I tend to get on my table to prove to myself I can play. I went from a b player to an d player.

Dunnn51
09-16-2013, 06:35 AM
Wow ! When I was playing at 14 , I didn't have a care in the world concerning pool. Never had much money either. :frown:

PRACTICE,............. and more still. Get in tournaments, play $$$ games ! You have to feel comfortable playing under "the heat." Imma world-beater on my table. Playing under the heat is a different story altogether, and the only way to over-come it is to play that way.

Best 2 ya ! :smile:

FranCrimi
09-16-2013, 06:42 AM
I have been playing about 25 years and I took a few years off. I started back about 4 months ago and after about 6 weeks I was hitting them as well as I was before any breaks. Now I am playing the speed I played at when I was 14 years old. Slumps are all in your head and I am not confident in myself right now and feel uncomfortable at the table. I fell I need about a two week break but I set my table back up when I started back and it is hard to stay away. I tend to get on my table to prove to myself I can play. I went from a b player to an d player.

Slumps are sometimes just in your head but not always. Sometimes you're doing something fundamentally wrong that just spirals you downwards into this abyss that you can't seem to climb out of.

Start from the beginning. Go down a checklist of fundamentals to make sure you haven't picked up a bad habit without realizing it. If you don't have a checklist, then now would be a good time to create one.

scottycoyote
09-16-2013, 02:04 PM
ive found everytime i go from shooting great to not good, i have let my fundamentals slip. Its almost like i start making all my shots so i dont have to do all the things (preshot routine, aiming, etc) that i was doing before because its just going to go in automatically....WRONG!

try keeping a pool log when you are shooting good, reference back when you shoot bad