PDA

View Full Version : CJ is the Man! Just ask him!

KoolKat9Lives
09-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Disclaimer: it takes a lot to p1ss me off.

CJ is coming. To N. Carolina. I offered a house for him, Mary Avina and Earl to stay. No response. Zilch.

I went to the two most prominent pool halls in Greensboro to offer up lessons and/or exhibitions in his behalf - got zilch from CJ. I pm'd CJ through out, and got zilch.

Mr Self Promotional is apparently above responding to his own requests. True colors?

Or maybe I should take my leather jacket off and not be the teacher. :mad:

BryanB
09-15-2013, 08:22 PM
He could be busy or away from the computer???
Not everyone lives on here

Blue Hog ridr
09-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Ah, The Leather Jacket is the Teacher.

There is only one Fonz. And don't forget it.

Maybe CJ is busy and will get back to you. Very nice of you to do that anyhow.

Who knows, sometimes a persons good will and best intentions aren't worth the trouble.

At least you know that you tried to something good and thats the main thing.

TimKrazyMon
09-15-2013, 08:25 PM

CJ is coming. To N. Carolina. I offered a house for him, Mary Avina and Earl to stay. No response. Zilch.

I went to the two most prominent pool halls in Greensboro to offer up lessons and/or exhibitions in his behalf - got zilch from CJ. I pm'd CJ through out, and got zilch.

Mr Self Promotional is apparently above responding to his own requests. True colors?

Daayyyyyummmmm!!!!

KoolKat9Lives
09-15-2013, 08:25 PM
He could be busy or away from the computer???
Not everyone lives on here

Even when he has posted mega times since? This is over weeks since he asked for assistance.

backplaying
09-15-2013, 08:27 PM

Trust me when I say he hasn't read your e-mails. If he had, you would have got a response even if he had other plans, he would have still responded with great appreciation.

chilli dipper
09-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Even when he has posted mega times since? This is over weeks since he asked for assistance.

Cj is not a hard read ... im just saying ;)

nobcitypool
09-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Given the hordes of sycophants, I wouldn't be surprised if his PM's and emails number in the hundreds per day. I've never met CJ, but if I had to hazard a guess, I doubt that he would totally ignore your messages had he had the chance to see them.

Birriards
09-15-2013, 09:09 PM
The snub is the teacher

rayjay
09-15-2013, 09:21 PM
lolol, that's funny right there. Trying to think of a reason why he wouldn't/couldn't respond and am having trouble coming up with anything other than that he missed it. Couple weeks of multiple communications though? Hard to understand.
:confused:

KoolKat9Lives
09-15-2013, 09:23 PM
The snub is the teacher

Well said Billiards. I knew I'd take some heat for posting this. And I did not post my OP without discussing it with significant others to check my sanity. Feel free to read between the lines...

Majic
09-15-2013, 09:26 PM

:) if wants to meet me tell em its an easy grand.

KoolKat9Lives
09-15-2013, 09:40 PM
:) if wants to meet me tell em its an easy grand.

Criminy Majic, getting you to pull a 5 dollar bill outta your super glued pocket is a Houdini act. ;) (But that shit eatin grin on your face is priceless, just ask the Lady)

TimKrazyMon
09-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Criminy Majic, getting you to pull a 5 dollar bill outta your super glued pocket is a Houdini act. ;) (But that shit eatin grin on your face is priceless, just ask the Lady)

first CJ, then Majic. Damn Matt, you're going after everybody today.

KoolKat9Lives
09-15-2013, 10:01 PM

I'm on a roll. Like butter. Majic is cool beans. CJ is a self aggrandizing ... Ohh never mind.

jimmyg
09-15-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm on a roll. Like butter. Majic is cool beans. CJ is a self aggrandizing ... Ohh never mind.

"Barzini is dead. So is Phillip Tattaglia. Moe Greene. Stracci. Cuneo. Today I settled all family business"

Well done Don Matt. :smile:

J

ENGLISH!
09-15-2013, 10:11 PM

Self aggrandizing individuals on AZB?

Noooooooo!

At least CJ is a former World Champion & one of the great gambling players.

I have at times gotten a couple of PM responses that seemed very much 'canned' as though someone else did a cut & paste.

I would imagine that he is a bit busy with the Earl Million Dollar Documentary etc.

I would be willing to bet that if he sees your communication he would respond in some way.

Best Wishes,
Rick

KoolKat9Lives
09-15-2013, 10:14 PM
"Barzini is dead. So is Phillip Tattaglia. Moe Greene. Stracci. Cuneo. Today I settled all family business"

J

That sounded kool jimmyg. Translation?

pt109
09-15-2013, 10:18 PM

It was the 'Moe Green' that gave me the clue.
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDUQuAIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbC1-6nDGRfc&ei=OJQ2Uvz9EMSe2gXaloHIAw&usg=AFQjCNGQMNscm7Jn45c_EUtWaQSYN3gE5Q&sig2=9F1tuYXyB8qa0NoO0_U9GQ&bvm=bv.52164340,d.b2I

KoolKat9Lives
09-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Self aggrandizing individuals on AZB?

Noooooooo!

At least CJ is a former World Champion & one of the great gambling players.

I have at times gotten a couple of PM responses that seemed very much 'canned' as though someone else did a cut & paste.

I would imagine that he is a bit busy with the Earl Million Dollar Documentary etc.

I would be willing to bet that if he sees your communication he would respond in some way.

Best Wishes,
Rick

He's seen our communications. Not in question. I'm a scorned lover apparently. :cool: (How many times have I called somedody out?)

NYC cue dude
09-15-2013, 10:31 PM

You went around telling everyone CJ was coming to town. Based on the things CJ posted, you tried to line things up for people who wanted either lessons or exhibitions. By not answering you, CJ made you look like a jackass in your local pool community? Am I right?

Doesn't matter if CJ got the messages or not. He asked the community for help. A member went out of his way for CJ. After a certain period of time passed, member's reputation was diminished.

Respect is the teacher. Not everyone has it.

jimmyg
09-15-2013, 10:32 PM

It's from the Godfather Matt. Michael just got through wiping out all of his "family's" enemies on the same day as his sister's son's baptism with him being godfather, he's speaking to his sister's husband who was a traitor and about to be killed also.

The Godfather didn't fool around, he deserved and demanded respect...Sound familiar Don Matt? :smile:

J

chilli dipper
09-15-2013, 10:33 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WkKZJVG5wTk/TRyHL4XKsAI/AAAAAAAC5oY/v56ddqAwOGc/s1600/Godfather001.jpg

jimmyg
09-15-2013, 10:38 PM
It was the 'Moe Green' that gave me the clue.
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDUQuAIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbC1-6nDGRfc&ei=OJQ2Uvz9EMSe2gXaloHIAw&usg=AFQjCNGQMNscm7Jn45c_EUtWaQSYN3gE5Q&sig2=9F1tuYXyB8qa0NoO0_U9GQ&bvm=bv.52164340,d.b2I

Yep, but here's the exact scene. Great... J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vZx7yF_a7M

KoolKat9Lives
09-15-2013, 10:39 PM
You went around telling everyone CJ was coming to town. Based on the things CJ posted, you tried to line things up for people who wanted either lessons or exhibitions. By not answering you, CJ made you look like a jackass in your local pool community? Am I right?

Doesn't matter if CJ got the messages or not. He asked the community for help. A member went out of his way for CJ. After a certain period of time passed, member's reputation was diminished.

Respect is my contention NYC. It goes both ways.

NYC cue dude
09-15-2013, 10:45 PM
Respect is my contention NYC. It goes both ways.

Completely. You have a valid grievance.

chilli dipper
09-15-2013, 10:50 PM
fool me once shame on you fool me twice ... well you know ending :)

KoolKat9Lives
09-15-2013, 11:16 PM
I'm not trying to defend my angst. But ask our AZBer Jaden how he enjoyed stopping by last week. Never met him, we had a blast on the table and I gave him a place to rest his head. He'd return the favor in a heartertbeat.

Toncam
09-15-2013, 11:58 PM
Yep, but here's the exact scene. Great... J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vZx7yF_a7M

This is the scene you should have put up.
By the way, i met Alex Rocco aka Moe Green. Hell of a nice guy, i had him going nuts by telling him some of the movies i had seen him in like The Friends of Eddie Coyle and Detroit 2000, he didnt think i was that old, lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM6y0n9wx5I

CJ Wiley
09-16-2013, 01:06 AM

I'm not sure what this is about, we're coming to North Carolina to interview Earl's ex wife (and a few other players that were at the Million Dollar Challenge) and have arranged lessons along the way. I haven't attempted to contact any pool rooms or anybody in Greensboro yet because our schedule is still being arranged.

There are several other people involved in the interviews so I'm waiting on verification before booking our travel route and now it appears we will be going though Atlanta.

I get a lot of emails on a daily basis so if yours was overlooked it certainly wasn't on purpose. I won't know until Tuesday when we will even be arriving in that area, although I do have some lessons booked in other cities also waiting for verification of dates.

The email I use for personal communication is thegameistheteacher@gmail.com and as far as I know I haven't received anything from anyone offering what you described. We have never considered staying anywhere or deciding on a pool room to play at until we make travel arrangements this week.

CJ Wiley
09-16-2013, 02:04 AM
Trust me when I say he hasn't read your e-mails. If he had, you would have got a response even if he had other plans, he would have still responded with great appreciation.

Yes, my friend, we've had several discussions through the last few months and I usually get back within 48 hours if I'm in town (I don't check my emails every day when traveling) - throughout the last year I've responded to thousands of questions and comments....I am human and miss some occasionally, and usually come across them weeks or even months later and respond at that time.

Right now I have 4486 emails in my inbox and I've deleted thousands.....this is just one account, I also have two other emails and the AZBILLIARDS one that has several hundred messages at this time

This is just what I'm dealing with and I do try my best to keep up although it's not possible to do perfectly. I spend several hours a day on the internet overseeing several web sites, three face book accounts and even post occasionally on azbilliards.....I will continue to answer any pool related question or comment at thegameistheteacher@gmail.com

az billiards
Folder Controls
Inbox contains 232 messages.
You have 431 messages stored, of a total 500 allowed.

Jump to Folder:

You have 10 confirmed and 0 unconfirmed private message receipts.

Previous | Next | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 297 298 299 300 | Show All | Select All Viewing Messages: 1 to 15 (4486 total)
Move Selected To: Transform Selected Messages:

JAM
09-16-2013, 02:21 AM

I'm not speaking on behalf of anyone here, other than to say that when I used to travel on the road to two, three, and four pool events a month, some folks graciously offered us a place to stay at their home, and we also were offered *free* hotel rooms and entry fees by various pool industry members. We turned these down -- or I should say I turned them down but with gratitude.

I am not saying anything untoward about your offer, as I know you made it out of the kindness of your heart, but sometimes it's best to have private quarters as well as not beholding to anyone who gives you something for "free," only to throw it in your face after the fact.

Maybe you and C.J. can hook up after the logistics are cemented. Best of luck to you and yours.

BTW, I wished you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY on your birthday, September 12th, and I never received a thank-you :eek:. Just saying. :grin-square:

Toncam
09-16-2013, 02:23 AM
CJ has always gotten back to me whenever i have asked him a question and i have asked a few. I know the guy has a lot on his plate and doesnt have to go out of his way to answer me but yet, he always does and if its a complicated question, he makes sure i understand the answer.
Now im a nobody to him, doesnt know me from Adam, but he has time for me and that shows a lot and im sure im not the only one he helps.

CJ Wiley
09-16-2013, 02:42 AM
I'm not speaking on behalf of anyone here, other than to say that when I used to travel on the road to two, three, and four pool events a month, some folks graciously offered us a place to stay at their home, and we also were offered *free* hotel rooms and entry fees by various pool industry members. We turned these down -- or I should say I turned them down but with gratitude.

I am not saying anything untoward about your offer, as I know you made it out of the kindness of your heart, but sometimes it's best to have private quarters as well as not beholding to anyone who gives you something for "free," only to throw it in your face after the fact.

Maybe you and C.J. can hook up after the logistics are cemented. Best of luck to you and yours.

BTW, I wished you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY on your birthday, September 12th, and I never received a thank-you :eek:. Just saying. :grin-square:

I haven't given much thought to where I will stay in a new city as a rule. When traveling on the road we usually made this a private matter, for reasons that you and Keith will understand. I don't carry the "gambling chips" like I used to so it's not an issue these days.....thank goodness. ;)

Generally when people offer to let me stay with them it does make me uncomfortable to make excuses.....I always presumed they were just being nice to offer and weren't really serious - especially if I've never met the parties involved, it's usually said in passing.

Maybe over the years I sometimes tune these things out, not to be unsociable, just not knowing what the proper response is besides "no thank you, your walls are too thin, I'm with a "screamer"....that's code for my dog barks really loud! LoL . :groucho:

iba7467
09-16-2013, 04:06 AM

Speaking of "free" offers, I would love to take you and KM to dinner while I'm in DC this week.

Eric.
09-16-2013, 05:03 AM

The teaching profession is really changing.

Eric >sorry, Ms. Crabtree

Pete
09-16-2013, 07:16 AM
CJ has always gotten back to me whenever i have asked him a question and i have asked a few. I know the guy has a lot on his plate and doesnt have to go out of his way to answer me but yet, he always does and if its a complicated question, he makes sure i understand the answer.
Now im a nobody to him, doesnt know me from Adam, but he has time for me and that shows a lot and im sure im not the only one he helps.

I second this. And am thankful that CJ is here...

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 07:44 AM
He's seen our communications. Not in question. I'm a scorned lover apparently. :cool: (How many times have I called somedody out?)

I hear you. As I said his personal communication with me has chilled too. Given some of the attacks launched my way I can understand him maybe wanting to distance himself.

Anyway, I learned a valuable approach from CJ.

In fact, other than a couple of tips from Fran Crimi, CJ's info is the only valuable info, for me, that I've seen from any instructor.

I look forward to any other insights that might flow from the complexities of CJ that are so simple & true.

Regards & Best Wishes,
Rick

PS I think we should appreciate the fact that CJ is here at all & hope he stays as long as he can. I understand that AZB has already driven off more than a few Pros.

KoolKat9Lives
09-16-2013, 09:53 AM

I "thanked" everyone that was gracious enough to wish me a Happy Birthday JAM. It meant something to me. Thank you in particular, That was a nice visitor board gesture. It brought a smile to my face.

KoolKat9Lives
09-16-2013, 10:08 AM
I hear you. As I said his personal communication with me has chilled too. Given some of the attacks launched my way I can understand him maybe wanting to distance himself.

Anyway, I learned a valuable approach from CJ.

In fact, other than a couple of tips from Fran Crimi, CJ's info is the only valuable info, for me, that I've seen from any instructor.

I look forward to any other insights that might flow from the complexities of CJ that are so simple & true.

Regards & Best Wishes,
Rick

PS I think we should appreciate the fact that CJ is here at all & hope he stays as long as he can. I understand that AZB has already driven off more than a few Pros.

CJ does provide some good content here. And my intent is not to drive him from AZ. But when I, and my AZ Lady go out of our way to assist, and CJ turns a deaf ear, after @ 6 communications responding to HIS help wanted - unappreciated... Flame away. Common courtesy, regardless of how many balls you can run. Lesson learned.

wahcheck
09-16-2013, 10:20 AM

I have emailed or pm'd CJ only twice, and both times he got back to me pretty quick; and I'm a nobody too. :)

chilli dipper
09-16-2013, 10:44 AM
CJ does provide some good content here. And my intent is not to drive him from AZ. But when I, and my AZ Lady go out of our way to assist, and CJ turns a deaf ear, after @ 6 communications responding to HIS help wanted - unappreciated... Flame away. Common courtesy, regardless of how many balls you can run. Lesson learned.

This would not sit well with me either, especially since you were doing a favor(s). The pool world has been shooting itself in the foot for decades, no reason for it to stop now... ijs

Scott Lee
09-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Rick...That just elevates what we say about MOST of those out there seeking information. You don't know what you don't know. There has been excellent information posted by at least a dozen (or more) instructors that has benefitted many here. We were posting here long before CJ showed up...some of us for 10 years or more. The fact that you can't see that...for you...just shows that you don't know what you don't know! :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Rick

KoolKat9Lives
09-16-2013, 10:47 AM
I have emailed or pm'd CJ only twice, and both times he got back to me pretty quick; and I'm a nobody too. :)

CJ enlisted help. I drove the area, spoke to hall owners, I networked with others, set up a platform to put $$$ in his, Mary's and Earl's pockets - I offered my house - everything but screaming sex, lol. If CJ takes the stance that he didn't have time to pay attention, so be it. The lesson is the preacher. Much in pool is behind the scene.

KoolKat9Lives
09-16-2013, 11:04 AM
This would not sit well with me either, especially since you were doing a favor(s). The pool world has been shooting itself in the foot for decades, no reason for it to stop now... ijs

I think most of us would give our right arm for the fellow man - IF we beleived. I'd do so for Johnny, regardless of what we perceived to be result. He is true IMO. This lesson taught me much. Sorry for my rant.

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Rick...That just elevates what we say about MOST of those out there seeking information. You don't know what you don't know. There has been excellent information posted by at least a dozen (or more) instructors that has benefitted many here. We were posting here long before CJ showed up...some of us for 10 years or more. The fact that you can't see that...for you...just shows that you don't know what you don't know!

Scott Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH! View Post

Rick

Sir,

For someone who so often critcizes the reading comprehension of others, you again display yours or...you display a willful decision to willingly neglect in order to distort...again!

Please read again my statement & note the part that I have bolded & highlighted in blue...specifically the words...FOR ME!

I did not say that other instructors do not have info that might benefit others. In my six(6) months on AZB before CJ came to the fore front, I read NO info by ANY instructor, yourself very much included, that offered anything in regards to playing the game that I did not already know that I could take to the table to help me in any way.

I know what I know & I know what I know about you. No one 'knows' what they do not 'know'. It seems to me that there are very many things that YOU do not know.

Since my 1st 6 months here I have taken some of CJ's points & a couple from Fran Crimi that has added to my game.

I hope you are happy in your new home in Florida. Are you retiring? I think that perhaps you should.

Best Wishes,
Rick

MahnaMahna
09-16-2013, 11:11 AM
It must really get tough when you have to keep so many arguments...er....uh..... I mean misunderstandings going in so many different threads at once.

Harumph

JAM
09-16-2013, 11:12 AM
I "thanked" everyone that was gracious enough to wish me a Happy Birthday JAM. It meant something to me. Thank you in particular, That was a nice visitor board gesture. It brought a smile to my face.

I was only kidding you about the birthday greetings. :grin-square:

If I may respectfully suggest that I think you may be misreading, misinterpreting, or not understanding fully what could have prevented C.J. from replying to you.

I am reminded of something that happened to me with another forum member, which is a wee bit similar in a way. :frown:

There was a female member of AzBilliards who was a regular poster here, like me. One year, Keith and I went to the Super Billiards Expo. We had not been together for a long time, but we were a couple, I guess you could say. :wink:

There was something going on at the Pro Arena at the SBE that prevented Keith from getting inside. It was like you had three checkpoints to show your ID before they would let you through. Meanwhile, they were calling Keith's name on the loud speaker that his match was up. We couldn't get to the doorway to the pro arena because of this hold-up with the ID and passes that were required. It was a TOTAL NIGHTMARE, speaking as a spectator, but it was worse for the player. We always get to a venue early, so Keith can practice, but with the lack of parking and then these three checkpoints, it took about 45 minutes to go through. :mad:

So this female AzB-er comes up to me to chat. It was the first opportunity we had to meet in person. She walked up to me, smiling, and began a conversation, and I just cut her off and said, "I have to go. I'm sorry."

Well, this female AzB-er never forgot it and gave me pure hell about it on and off the forum forever more, stating I was a snob to diss her in this manner. I wasn't trying to diss her, but there were other things going on that prevented me from talking to her.

Believe me, I'm probably one of the most friendliest peopel you'd ever want to me, and I can talk up a storm. :grin-square:

Anyway, that's my story for you to consider. This women misinterpreted me not wanting to interact with her and held it against me forever, and to this day, I'm sure she still thinks I'm a snob. :embarrassed2:

chilli dipper
09-16-2013, 11:14 AM
I think most of us would give our right arm for the fellow man - IF we beleived. I'd do so for Johnny, regardless of what we perceived to be result. He is true IMO. This lesson taught me much. Sorry for my rant.

no rant in my eyes! people on here are always looking for the "why,how,who" in the pool world and trying to figure out its decline. You just added a piece to the puzzle..ijs

JAM
09-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Speaking of "free" offers, I would love to take you and KM to dinner while I'm in DC this week.

That is so kind of you. I can't make it due to work obligations, but if you ever get back this way, I'll invite you over and cook you a home-cooked meal. I promise it won't be Shake-and-Bake chicken, either. I remember how the Midwest folks frowned on me when I mentioned that I was cooking Shake-and-Bake one night. :D

Lately, we've been pretty big on Australis Barramundi sea bass. I like it with sprouted germinated brown rice and sauted summer squash with sweet onions. Nice healthy meal! :smile:

How's that? :cool:

jay helfert
09-16-2013, 11:19 AM
That is so kind of you. I can't make it due to work obligations, but if you ever get back this way, I'll invite you over and cook you a home-cooked meal. I promise it won't be Shake-and-Bake chicken, either. I remember how the Midwest folks frowned on me when I mentioned that I was cooking Shake-and-Bake one night. :D

Lately, we've been pretty big on Australis Barramundi sea bass. I like it with sprouted germinated brown rice and sauted summer squash with sweet onions. Nice healthy meal! :smile:

What have you got against "Shake 'n Bake"? He was a helluva guy and damn good player, just ask the Ether. :grin:

JAM
09-16-2013, 11:27 AM
What have you got against "Shake 'n Bake"? He was a helluva guy and damn good player, just ask the Ether. :grin:

So true. :)

I actually really like Shake and Bake chicken. LOL

Here's a reference to "Shake and Bake" reminiscing about days gone by, before he passed. Edgar White smiles when asked about the old days and talks warmly of players like Luther Lassiter, Irving Crane, and Jimmy Caras. "I've got a lot of good friends and good memories of a lifestyle that few people are fortunate enough to experience," he says. "I had the luck to know the old greats as well as the new crop of superstars the sport has cultivated."

Here's the January 1981 National Billard News cover with Shake and Bake smiling from ear to ear after he won the Word 9-Ball Pro Am.

How he got his nick name, Edgar says, "A friend of mine, he's deceased now, gave me that nickname about 15 years ago, and it stuck...I was in Arlington, Virginia, in a money game, and I couldn't make a ball. My friend jumped up and yelled out, 'C'mon, shake and bake.' It got me back in stroke, and I ended up winning." :thumbup:

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 11:27 AM
CJ enlisted help. I drove the area, spoke to hall owners, I networked with others, set up a platform to put $$$ in his, Mary's and Earl's pockets - I offered my house - everything but screaming sex, lol. If CJ takes the stance that he didn't have time to pay attention, so be it. The lesson is the preacher. Much in pool is behind the scene.

I'm just curious. How would you have felt if after all that you did that CJ had PM'd you this past Friday & told you that, thanks much but his schedule has already been filled up & taken care of.

Best,
Rick

KoolKat9Lives
09-16-2013, 11:30 AM

Sometimes, Velvetta Mac and cheese works wonders. :grin-square:

(Tonight is Fresh Market's Rib Eye with sauteed, red wine soaked, mushrooms, onions, and green peps) De-rail - complete. :thumbup:

jimmyg
09-16-2013, 11:30 AM

No apology required KK9.

If, in fact, he received your PMs there is no excuse in the world why he couldn't PM you back, thanking you for your efforts and telling you that he had other plans. Not doing so was rude and unappreciative..

J

JAM
09-16-2013, 11:36 AM
Sometimes, Velvetta Mac and cheese works wonders. :grin-square:

(Tonight is Fresh Market's Rib Eye with sauteed, red wine soaked, mushrooms, onions, and green peps) De-rail - complete. :thumbup:

I love Kraft macaroni and cheese. I think it's better than Velvetta. :tongue:

Of course, I like Duke's mayonnaise. I'll bet you're a Kraft's or Hellman's kind of guy. :grin-square:

Keith's favorite cut of steak is the rib eye, but I'm partial to filet mignon. That red wine with mushrooms, onions, and green peppers sounds DREAMY! :cool:

What time is dinner? I ain't that far from Carolina. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

KoolKat9Lives
09-16-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm just curious. How would you have felt if after all that you did that CJ had PM'd you this past Friday & told you that, thanks much but his schedule has already been filled up & taken care of.

Best,
Rick

My reply? That phantom CJ reply would be incomplete. I went out of my way. But yes, it would have gone a long way. And a common courtesy would have been acknowleged.

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 11:40 AM
It must really get tough when you have to keep so many arguments...er....uh..... I mean misunderstandings going in so many different threads at once.

Harumph

:ignore:_______________:ignore:

KoolKat9Lives
09-16-2013, 11:43 AM
I love Kraft macaroni and cheese. I think it's better than Velvetta. :tongue:

Of course, I like Duke's mayonnaise. I'll bet you're a Kraft's or Hellman's kind of guy. :grin-square:

Keith's favorite cut of steak is the rib eye, but I'm partial to filet mignon. That red wine with mushrooms, onions, and green peppers sounds DREAMY! :cool:

What time is dinner? I ain't that far from Carolina. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

2402 Retriever Ln. You have 6 hours to get your sweet butt and Keith's not so sweet butt here. ;) The kitchen window is always open for good people. I love pool, and love good people even more.

pt109
09-16-2013, 11:45 AM

I used to bet on Edgar White...and staked him once also.
No matter how bad things were going, he had a smile that would light up the room.

One of my Joss shafts came from his playing cue.

KoolKat9Lives
09-16-2013, 11:56 AM
I used to bet on Edgar White...and staked him once also.
No matter how bad things were going, he had a smile that would light up the room.

One of my Joss shafts came from his playing cue.

Overt discrimination against albinos? I thought I was bad.... :grin-square:

Cdryden
09-16-2013, 12:04 PM

Rick

This statement made me curious. Were you meaning info that you paid for from them that was worthwhile or info that you got from here for free?

I only ask because to be fair to other instructors, you can't expect them to give away their knowledge for free. Why would any of us pay for lessons if a certified instructor was giving them away on this forum.

I'm sorry if I have misunderstood you, I haven't read the entire thread to be honest.

For me, I have gleamed several bits of useful information from a variety of people on this forum. Some who are instructors, some who are high level players and even some from total beginners.
(and if you don't think you can't learn something from beginners try teaching, you'd be amazed!)

shinobi
09-16-2013, 12:04 PM
I don't understand this thread.

The thread title is "CJ is the Man! Just ask him!"

but based on the complaint, even if I send him a message and ask him "CJ, are you the man?" 6 or 7 times, he won't reply :D

CJ Wiley
09-16-2013, 12:10 PM

We have plenty of time to answer hundreds of emails and pms a week regarding pool related topics. I do tend to ignore questions or comments that are not pool related so if someone suggests a certain pool room, restaurant or place to stay I may not respond.

I don't know for sure if Earl will be around, we may see him in New York - our mission (in North Carolina) is to interview his wife for the documentary.....I'm not sure how someone would try to book Earl to do something to make money when he may or may not be there. I certainly don't have anything to do with booking Earl, or giving anyone the authority to do so without his consent.

We have talked about meeting in Charlotte or Greensboro and I do have some lessons lined up along the way and will do more in Atlanta or Charlotte if anyone's interested.

I can be reached at thegameistheteacher@gmail.com for pool related questions or comments.

KoolKat9Lives
09-16-2013, 12:19 PM
We have plenty of time to answer hundreds of emails and pms a week regarding pool related topics. I do tend to ignore questions or comments that are not pool related so if someone suggests a certain pool room, restaurant or place to stay I may not respond.

I don't know for sure if Earl will be around, we may see him in New York - our mission (in North Carolina) is to interview his wife for the documentary.....I'm not sure how someone would try to book Earl to do something to make money when he may or may not be there. I certainly don't have anything to do with booking Earl, or giving anyone the authority to do so without his consent.

We have talked about meeting in Charlotte or Greensboro and I do have some lessons lined up along the way and will do more in Atlanta or Charlotte if anyone's interested.

I can be reached at thegameistheteacher@gmail.com for pool related questions or comments.

Ya know CJ.... Thanks for replying, albeit late. Do you remember the "Slap" pm? People tried to help you. People like me try to promote pool, If you ignore that, and you did, that's on both me and you.

CJ Wiley
09-16-2013, 12:25 PM
I don't understand this thread.

The thread title is "CJ is the Man! Just ask him!"

but based on the complaint, even if I send him a message and ask him "CJ, are you the man?" 6 or 7 times, he won't reply :D

Yes, I want to officially say I seldom respond to questions or comments that aren't pool related. Sometimes I do drift off into tennis, golf and martial arts topics, but they usually have some connection (in my mind at least) to pocket billiards.

I do owe a dept of gratitude from learning golf from Hank Haney and playing with Mark O'Meara ....Hank showed a lot of patience through the years and I'm lucky to have him share his knowledge and experience.....also the 1700+ lessons with Mark Ambrosio and other national instructors - teaching and learning martial arts has greatly enhanced my appreciation for the art of Pocket Billiards. 'The Game is the Teacher'

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/45528_750116615014377_399873832_n.jpg

CJ Wiley
09-16-2013, 12:27 PM
Ya know CJ.... Thanks for replying, albeit late. Do you remember the "Slap" pm? People tried to help you. People like me try to promote pool, If you ignore that, and you did, that's on both me and you.

No, I don't remember the "Slap" pm.....what is your name and/or email, that might help remind me.

KoolKat9Lives
09-16-2013, 12:35 PM
No, I don't remember the "Slap" pm.....what is your name and/or email, that might help remind me.

My name is KoolKat9Lives, the govmt knows me as Matthew T Thompson. I respond, you choose what fits your bill. I get it. Ball is in your court CJ.

CJ Wiley
09-16-2013, 12:37 PM

I found a PM from you, this is the only one I see, there's over 400 in my inbox.This is the exact copy of what was sent to me.......

KoolKat9Lives
Does it get any better?

KoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 100

Earl documentary - 08-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Not sure what content you're after for the doc, but if you're looking for people in this area to provide color to the story, let me know if you'd like my help.

M

RobertaAgnor
09-16-2013, 12:39 PM
2402 Retriever Ln. You have 6 hours to get your sweet butt and Keith's not so sweet butt here. ;) The kitchen window is always open for good people. I love pool, and love good people even more.

It's a lot closer for me, I'm on my way lol.

CJ Wiley
09-16-2013, 12:47 PM
I found a PM from you, this is the only one I see, there's over 400 in my inbox.This is the exact copy of what was sent to me.......

KoolKat9Lives
Does it get any better?

KoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond reputeKoolKat9Lives has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what content you're after for the doc, but if you're looking for people in this area to provide color to the story, let me know if you'd like my help.

M

Yes, this is the only PM I have received from you ....... :confused:

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 12:48 PM
This statement made me curious. Were you meaning info that you paid for from them that was worthwhile or info that you got from here for free?

I only ask because to be fair to other instructors, you can't expect them to give away their knowledge for free. Why would any of us pay for lessons if a certified instructor was giving them away on this forum.

I'm sorry if I have misunderstood you, I haven't read the entire thread to be honest.

For me, I have gleamed several bits of useful information from a variety of people on this forum. Some who are instructors, some who are high level players and even some from total beginners.
(and if you don't think you can't learn something from beginners try teaching, you'd be amazed!)

Let's see if I can go down the line.

I was referring to posts here on AZB.

If 'certified' instructors do not want to give any info for free then why does the Ask the Instructor sub forum exist & why do any of them respond to any questions any where else on this forum site?

Yes, I too have learned a few things from others on AZB that are not instructors, & that seems to be somewhat your point. I have learned more from them than any instructor with the exception of CJ & Fran Crimi.

With the exception of CJ Wiley, who is giving very much free info, & Fran Crimi, whom I also did not pay a dime, I have learned more useful info from a few fellow AZBers than I have from any instructor's posts on AZB. That is rather easy to do since I have basically learned nothing useful, for me, from them. Please keep that, for me, in mind. I have been playing for 47 years & with english all that time.

I have coached the major 3 sports from 5 years old to adults & golf @ middle school level, & was offered a job to teach tennis that I foolishly declined. I also have taught aspects of pool to many along the way.
I know that one can learn from any source. I am still learning, sometimes from my own mind. Does that count as learning or would that be more of a revelation.

I think if you will re-read your post with a totally open mind you may answer your own questions as well as mine.

Regards & Best Wishes,
Rick

KoolKat9Lives
09-16-2013, 12:52 PM

KoolKat9Lives
Does it get any better?

M

I'm not going to spend my time retrieving posts CJ. I can't retrieve PM's - it's not achievable - Bottom line is, my GF and I went out of our way to help you. Via PM or posts, our effort was there to keep you in the loop. Boo hoo it all you want, I call BS. And we are not the only ones calling BS. I don't look at you as a bad guy CJ, but maybe you'll hear a whisper.

CJ Wiley
09-16-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm not going to spend my time retrieving posts CJ. I can't retrieve PM's - it's not achievable - Bottom line is, my GF and I went out of our way to help you. Via PM or posts, our effort was there to keep you in the loop. Boo hoo it all you want, I call BS. And we are not the only ones calling BS. I don't look at you as a bad guy CJ, but maybe you'll hear a whisper.

No, the bottom line is this - the only PM you sent me...and it doesn't say anything about booking pool room exhibitions or staying with you in your house.....I don't know what to tell you, maybe you sent them to someone else by mistake. One thing's certain......I NEVER RECEIVED THEM! And I still don't know what your name is.

M

I have ALL my PMs from the last 2 months saved.

I"m not sure what your objective is, but it's not pool related.

KoolKat9Lives
09-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Feel free to expound upon why I just got 7 reps and 2 pm's from industry leaders as to your disposition? With that said, SERIOUSLY, you are a good voice for the industry. I admire what you do. I truly do CJ.

Common courtesy.

JAM
09-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Feel free to expound upon why I just got 7 reps and 2 pm's from industry leaders as to your disposition? With that said, SERIOUSLY, you are a good voice for the industry. I admire what you do. I truly do CJ.

Common courtesy.

Matt, with all due respect, please take this in the spirit I am trying to convey. Stating you receive reps and PMs about C.J. is not good form, whether you did or did not. You're better than that. Come on. :smile:

Can I still come over for dinner? We can eat at midnight. :thumbup:

Neil
09-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Rick...That just elevates what we say about MOST of those out there seeking information. You don't know what you don't know. There has been excellent information posted by at least a dozen (or more) instructors that has benefitted many here. We were posting here long before CJ showed up...some of us for 10 years or more. The fact that you can't see that...for you...just shows that you don't know what you don't know!

Scott Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH! View Post

Rick

Sir,

For someone who so often critcizes the reading comprehension of others, you again display yours or...you display a willful decision to willingly neglect in order to distort...again!

Please read again my statement & note the part that I have bolded & highlighted in blue...specifically the words...FOR ME!

I did not say that other instructors do not have info that might benefit others. In my six(6) months on AZB before CJ came to the fore front, I read NO info by ANY instructor, yourself very much included, that offered anything in regards to playing the game that I did not already know that I could take to the table to help me in any way.

I know what I know & I know what I know about you. No one 'knows' what they do not 'know'. It seems to me that there are very many things that YOU do not know.

Since my 1st 6 months here I have taken some of CJ's points & a couple from Fran Crimi that has added to my game.

I hope you are happy in your new home in Florida. Are you retiring? I think that perhaps you should.

Best Wishes,
Rick

I don't see where Scott distorted anything. He pointed out that many have benefited from instructors on here. The fact that you haven't can only mean a few things....either you are so knowledgeable about the game that you haven't seen anything you didn't already know, (and you have made a point of proving that not to be true many times on here. In fact, you have proven that one can play for decades and not even know the basics about the game by your posts) OR....you don't bother to actually read anything unless your favorites post it.....OR ...you are just plain unteachable because you think you know so much already.

By the way, figured out that TOI yet? Last I read, you were still loudly tooting it's great benefits, but still can't figure out how to do it.

For the life of me, I just can't figure out why anyone that has the vast amount of knowledge available to them on this forum would brag about not learning anything. Amazing, just amazing....:confused:

I know, I know.... you said you didn't learn anything from instructors.... that would have to include Bob Jewett and Dr. Dave. Care to explain how you knew everything they have posted on here before they posted it?? Especially since some of it even surprised them when they did the studies they have and discovered some commonly thought things were actually myths. hmmmm......

Oh... and if you want to call me out for a fight like you did another poster on here that called you on your B.S., here's the deal- you just get your butt on up here. I can't get down there because I have severe COPD. Severe enough that I can't even go with my wife to the hospital tomorrow for a surgery she is going to have, our son has to take her. And, I'm the same height as you, and only 145 pounds. Yes, I know you need some kind of handicap, so here's the deal.... you get up here, I'll set up the camera and record it and post a poll on how long it will take. I'm saying it will be over in less than 90 seconds once you get within 6' of me. You get to play the role you are so familiar with, that is, you will be the loser. :smile: Would like to say the "window is open", but I am on disability, but will bet what I can. Just thought I'd throw that out there now, since you like to threaten people that see you for what you are. I'm not threatening you at all, just making it clear that if you want to threaten me, then the door is open for you to try and back it up.

row21097
09-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Is this going to be on Angie's list too?

bert

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 02:37 PM
I don't see where Scott distorted anything. He pointed out that many have benefited from instructors on here. The fact that you haven't can only mean a few things....either you are so knowledgeable about the game that you haven't seen anything you didn't already know, (and you have made a point of proving that not to be true many times on here. In fact, you have proven that one can play for decades and not even know the basics about the game by your posts) OR....you don't bother to actually read anything unless your favorites post it.....OR ...you are just plain unteachable because you think you know so much already.

By the way, figured out that TOI yet? Last I read, you were still loudly tooting it's great benefits, but still can't figure out how to do it.

For the life of me, I just can't figure out why anyone that has the vast amount of knowledge available to them on this forum would brag about not learning anything. Amazing, just amazing....:confused:

I know, I know.... you said you didn't learn anything from instructors.... that would have to include Bob Jewett and Dr. Dave. Care to explain how you knew everything they have posted on here before they posted it?? Especially since some of it even surprised them when they did the studies they have and discovered some commonly thought things were actually myths. hmmmm......

Oh... and if you want to call me out for a fight like you did another poster on here that called you on your B.S., here's the deal- you just get your butt on up here. I can't get down there because I have severe COPD. Severe enough that I can't even go with my wife to the hospital tomorrow for a surgery she is going to have, our son has to take her. And, I'm the same height as you, and only 145 pounds. Yes, I know you need some kind of handicap, so here's the deal.... you get up here, I'll set up the camera and record it and post a poll on how long it will take. I'm saying it will be over in less than 90 seconds once you get within 6' of me. You get to play the role you are so familiar with, that is, you will be the loser. :smile: Would like to say the "window is open", but I am on disability, but will bet what I can. Just thought I'd throw that out there now, since you like to threaten people that see you for what you are. I'm not threatening you at all, just making it clear that if you want to threaten me, then the door is open for you to try and back it up.

Normally with my new found enlightenment I would not respond to you at all because you are not worth one minute of my time. You are only worth the few seconds that it takes to relay that I am ignoring you & probably not even that much

There is so much untruthfulness in your post that it would take me an hour or more to correct. That seems to be all that you can do now is create distortions through untruthfulness hoping that someone will read it & believe it, which some might. But others can certainly see the truth & what you really are.

It is amazing how Mr. Lee makes a post directed at me & then everyone comes from out of the woodwork.

I've learned my lesson & I'm not playing that 'gang' game of divide & conquer any more.

I'm sorry to hear about your COPD. Perhaps the smoke got n your eyes when you were reading the other thread as your portrayal is totally incorrect. But as I said distortions seems to be your favorite tactic if not now your only tactic.

I am sincerely sorry to hear about your COPD & your wife's surgery. I'll pray for the both of you & your whole family.

I'm done. Say what you want no matter how untruthful. You're back on ignore.

chilli dipper
09-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Matt, with all due respect, please take this in the spirit I am trying to convey. Stating you receive reps and PMs about C.J. is not good form, whether you did or did not. You're better than that. Come on. :smile:

Can I still come over for dinner? We can eat at midnight. :thumbup:

lol ... :) am I the only one who see's what happened here? ...I am not going to say anything though lol

MahnaMahna
09-16-2013, 02:43 PM
This post is just to let you all know that I am NOT going to get drawn back into responding to your post, which is wrong.

Thank you.

Neil
09-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Normally with my new found enlightenment I would not respond to you at all because you are not worth one minute of my time. You are only worth the few seconds that it takes to relay that I am ignoring you & probably not even that much

There is so much untruthfulness in your post that it would take me an hour or more to correct. That seems to be all that you can do now is create distortions through untruthfulness hoping that someone will read it & believe it, which some might. But others can certainly see the truth & what you really are.

It is amazing how Mr. Lee makes a post directed at me & then everyone comes from out of the woodwork.

I've learned my lesson & I'm not playing that 'gang' game of divide & conquer any more.

I'm sorry to hear about your COPD. Perhaps the smoke got n your eyes when you were reading the other thread as your portrayal is totally incorrect. But as I said distortions seems to be your favorite tactic if not now your only tactic.

I am sincerely sorry to hear about your COPD & your wife's surgery. I'll pray for the both of you & your whole family.

blah blah blah...you're distorting...blah blah blah... you're all ganging up on me...blah blah blah....I can't handle the truth, so you are back on ignore....blah blah blah....

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 02:52 PM
This post is just to let you all know that I am NOT going to get drawn back into responding to your post, which is wrong.

Thank you.

If I understand that correctly, I thank you again for another chuckle.

If this keeps up we might become friends. I know, I know, that is more than extremely unlikely.

Maybe that made you laugh.

Blue Hog ridr
09-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Sorry to hear about the COPD Neil.
I was just diagnosed with the same so know what it feels like.

I can attribute a good part of that to smoking but I believe the main culprit was working in grain bins that had been dusted with poison. That and unloading at terminals. I remember which day it was that I got the poison. I knew it was in there but it made me wonder how many other bins that I was in where the farmer didn't tell us. That one took me out for about a week. Looking back now, it was the start of where I am at now.

Dust masks just didn't do the trick. If I had have suspected, I would have purchased a better respirator.

My lungs seem to be ok but my air ways are closing up on me. I have a couple of bronchial dilators and so far seem to working not bad.

Anyway, good luck with that.

MahnaMahna
09-16-2013, 03:03 PM
If I understand that correctly, I thank again for another chuckle.

If this keeps up we might become friends. I know, I know, that is more than extremely unlikely.

Maybe that made you laugh.

And here we go, another misunderstanding. Damn Rick, you are one hard person to talk to.

Lots of your posts make me laugh. Last week, I laughed at a midget singing "I will survive" at a kareoke bar. You kinda remind me of her.

Neil
09-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Sorry to hear about the COPD Neil.
I was just diagnosed with the same so know what it feels like.

I can attribute a good part of that to smoking but I believe the main culprit was working in grain bins that had been dusted with poison. That and unloading at terminals. I remember which day it was that I got the poison. I knew it was in there but it made me wonder how many other bins that I was in where the farmer didn't tell us. That one took me out for about a week.

Dust masks just didn't do the trick.

My lungs seem to be ok but my air ways are closing up on me. I have a couple of bronchial dilators and so far seem to working not bad.

Anyway, good luck with that.

I've smoked for many years, but never had a problem until I overdosed on Isocyanate poisoning from foam insulation. That and attic insulating for a number of years did me in. Most days I can still get around some, right now I have a bad chest cold that just flat out incapacitates me until I get over it. Try and stay away from people with colds, and wash your hands a lot more than you used to. Your immune system will automatically be down because of the COPD.

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 03:15 PM
And here we go, another misunderstanding. Damn Rick, you are one hard person to talk to.

Lots of your posts make me laugh. Last week, I laughed at a midget singing "I will survive" at a kareoke bar. You kinda remind me of her.

Hey 5'9" is average height & I no longer have long hair nor wear silk shirts & bell bottom pants.

I prefer the 'Eye of the Tiger' theme song by the group Survivor from was it Rocky II or III

Madonna's You'll See sung by Shirley Bassey is good too.

jay helfert
09-16-2013, 03:21 PM
So true. :)

I actually really like Shake and Bake chicken. LOL

Here's a reference to "Shake and Bake" reminiscing about days gone by, before he passed. Edgar White smiles when asked about the old days and talks warmly of players like Luther Lassiter, Irving Crane, and Jimmy Caras. "I've got a lot of good friends and good memories of a lifestyle that few people are fortunate enough to experience," he says. "I had the luck to know the old greats as well as the new crop of superstars the sport has cultivated."

Here's the January 1981 National Billard News cover with Shake and Bake smiling from ear to ear after he won the Word 9-Ball Pro Am.

How he got his nick name, Edgar says, "A friend of mine, he's deceased now, gave me that nickname about 15 years ago, and it stuck...I was in Arlington, Virginia, in a money game, and I couldn't make a ball. My friend jumped up and yelled out, 'C'mon, shake and bake.' It got me back in stroke, and I ended up winning." :thumbup:

What a smile! No one ever smiled more broadly than the Shaker Man!

Ron Swanson
09-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Rick and Neil. For two people who constantly have each other on ignore, you don't half natter on.

Ron Swanson
09-16-2013, 03:31 PM
As far as CJ and this topic goes, if a man sends me six messages asking me to stay in his spare room, I'll find a hotel, thanks.

row21097
09-16-2013, 03:33 PM
As far as CJ and this topic goes, if a man sends me six messages asking me to stay in his spare room, I'll find a hotel, thanks.

exactly right!!!

MahnaMahna
09-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Madonna's You'll See sung by Shirley Bassey is good too.

I would revoke your Man Card, but you can't give up something you never had.

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 03:42 PM
I would revoke your Man Card, but you can't give up something you never had.

:ignore:_______________:ignore:

Now look what you made me do...

again.

:nono:

Neil
09-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Rick and Neil. For two people who constantly have each other on ignore, you don't half natter on.

I wasn't signed in, so ignore didn't work. :(

Lonestar_jim
09-16-2013, 03:55 PM

J

Luca Brasi was a dolt, but looked great getting choked out. Now Mosca was an old school bad ass. You know the type a real loner on the job. Il Duce was a real mean mofo flamethrower, but hard to really fear until the lead was flying. He looked like a kind grandfather.

I think I could have taken Moe Green.

iba7467
09-16-2013, 04:02 PM

Sounds great and thanks. Hate you can't make it this time. Enjoy those long work days.

PINKLADY
09-16-2013, 04:15 PM
@ CJ - perhaps my AVATAR will ring a bell...?

since AUG 10
- there were 2 houses offered; 1 vacant & 3 mls from the pool hall
- there were 2 pool rooms offered; 1 was where Earl played for years & other participating in Am Rotation
- there were numerous old-timers (me included) w/ stories of Earl for you to interview; per your request of me
- there was Earl's local protege available to interview; he won Am Rotation NC
- there were lessons lined-up; per your request
- there was $5K on-the-light for CJ v. KK9; stated in 2 threads

till you got this picture. then your PMs & texts ceased.

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 04:19 PM

since AUG 10
- there were 2 pool rooms offered; 1 was where Earl played for years & other participating in Am Rotation
- there were numerous old-timers (me included) w/ stories of Earl for you to interview; per your request of me

Hey,

That would make a good PM for CJ.

But what does the Pic do for for those of us who have never seen you are the gentleman.

Can you say what you mean in plain language?

Thanks,
Rick

PINKLADY
09-16-2013, 04:38 PM
Hey,

But what does the Pic do for for those of us who have never seen you are the gentleman.

Thanks,
Rick

i'm the one on the left.
and KK9's not gay.

chilli dipper
09-16-2013, 04:39 PM
Hey,

Thanks,
Rick

you know you stick your nose in "everything" and have at least 3 on going flame wars minimum at all times. You genuinely seem like an ok guy, but shit you can be one annoying dude :)

RobMan
09-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Time for a haiku? With apologies to Mahna!

This thread is bullshit

Like many on AZB

I read the whole thing.

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 04:54 PM
you know you stick your nose in "everything" and have at least 3 on going disputes minimum at all times. You genuinely seem like an ok guy, but shit you can be one annoying dude :)

I'll say it again.

You have a very interesting posting history given that you just joined last month.

I received a PM from an individual that got me back in on this thread.

Why is it that some feel that the forum belongs to them personally & it is their own private little playground & should ONLY be about what they PERSONALLY want.

If I annoy you, put me on ignore until Mr. Wilson notices you.

cleary
09-16-2013, 04:56 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsvtz33eAh1qkae66o1_500.jpg

fathomblue
09-16-2013, 04:57 PM
I attempt to correspond with CJ quite often. Sometimes it takes a bit to get an answer. When I do get something back from him, he has generally gone out of his way to give me pretty thorough responses.

There have been times where it was a few days or even a week, but I just don't get worked up about it at all because.....hell, he is/was/will be again, however you want to put it......a pro. Does that mean he's a better person than I am? No. I like to think I'm pretty damn good at what I do for a living too. I've had people call me up asking for advice and ".....how do I do this that and everything else.....". I help them when I can.

But, in this instance, I'm just a guy trying to get better at pool, seeing if I can bounce questions off of one of the greatest players the game has ever seen. Any chance I could do that with Josh Hamilton, Miguel Cabrera or Peyton Manning? How about Kobe Bryant? If pool has one thing going for it, it's accessibility to pro's/legends/instructors/streamers/tournament directors/association owners/you name it.

I know that he gets TONS and TONS of requests, questions, calls, emails, etc. pretty much every day.

He has his hands full with a documentary that's been years in the making, an amazing girlfriend/business partner (Mary Avina) that just happened to have gotten a cue line named after her at Meucci, so I'll ASSuME that they've had that on their plate, as well. He's put out at least 2 new DVD's in the past year or so. That had to take up a lot of time. I know they're also doing free seminars, in an attempt to revive the pool scene in Dallas. He gives lessons. He's participating here on AZ. Maintains his website, fills DVD orders, puts video clips on there, Facebook, YouTube and who knows where else. The guy has a lot going on.

Someone might say, "Yeah, but he's doin' all that to make money." Well, duh. We're all trying to make a living every day, aren't we? None of us want to live in a van down by the river.

I had the opportunity to meet CJ in Tunica and spent bits-to-chunks of time with him virtually every day for 11 days/nights. He's a straight shooter, on AND off the table. He pretty much tells it like it is and doesn't sugarcoat it. I, for one, appreciate that AND his sly sense of humor.

I'd say that if he says that he didn't see your emails, it's a fairly good sign that he never saw them. Perhaps, he saw one, got distracted and failed to follow up with it. The same thing happens to me at work occasionally. But, he says he only found one.....and what does he have to gain by lying about it?

I also know that when he travels, he IS hard to get ahold of. He also tends to travel with Mary and a really cute, lil pup nowadays, so perhaps he's been looking at finding a pet-friendly hotel? I have no idea, really.

Before I'm labeled a nuthugger, sure I admire CJ and LOTS of other pro AND non-pro players. But, when it comes down to it, once I've met them, sat and talked for a while, you realize that they're just people. Flawed. Not perfect. Trying to do their best. Some are better human beings than others.

But, we all put our pants on one leg at a time (que the video clip of someone jumping 2-legged at once into a pair of jeans to prove me wrong, cuz I'm sure someone's tried it)...........

As for CJ "being the man! Just ask him!".......yes, Carson carries himself with confidence. A lot of SUCCESSFUL athletes do. Some might say that is what separates "them" from the "rest of the pack". But, even in the way that he carried himself, he treated me like a friend when we met, and that was more than I was expecting. We had only traded online messages prior to that. There was even a few times that it seemed like he was seeking me out, just so we could get some table time together or just talk. That meant a lot to me. However, it would mean a lot to me that ANYONE would seek me out to play some pool together or chat, because that's just how I look at life.

Fire away at me if you like, as I have pretty thick skin, but I just feel the OP went about this the wrong way by the tone and context of this post. It could have been a simple, "Calling CJ Wiley, I have a question about your upcoming trip.....". I'd pretty much guarantee you would have gotten a response and little, if any, hell would have been raised.

BTW, I asked him recently as to what the biggest flaw he saw in my game. We had played for several, several hours over 3 sessions in Tunica. His simple response, "You lack confidence.".

Direct. To the point. Spot-on. If someone carries themselves a certain way, instead of berating them for it, perhaps one should ponder if they do that because they have a drive to be successful. There's definitely a difference between cocky and confident.

sfleinen
09-16-2013, 05:01 PM
you know you stick your nose in "everything" and have at least 3 on going flame wars minimum at all times. You genuinely seem like an ok guy, but shit you can be one annoying dude :)

It's a combination of severe OCD and some aspects of Rainman, all in one.

-Sean <-- "uh oh, time for Judge Wapner" (That should get his "omniscient overseer" barbs going! :p )

pt109
09-16-2013, 05:13 PM
CJ finally decided to head to KK9's place......
.....but there was a problem......

http://0.tqn.com/d/4wheeldrive/1/0/e/M/1/Matt_TX_85CJ7_1RR.jpg

Majic
09-16-2013, 05:19 PM
i'm the one on the left.
and KK9's not gay.

why are you two very nice people wasting your time with this guy. you have gone way above what most would do.......

Majic
09-16-2013, 05:20 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsvtz33eAh1qkae66o1_500.jpg

very good creary

lfigueroa
09-16-2013, 05:23 PM

Sorry to hear about the COPD and your wife's surgery. Good luck and best wishes on both, Neil.

Lou Figueroa
somebody waterboard
English

PINKLADY
09-16-2013, 05:24 PM
why are you two very nice people wasting your time with this guy. you have gone way above what most would do.......

are you wearing MY shirt?!?!

Majic
09-16-2013, 05:24 PM
are you wearing MY shirt?!?!

check out the chest.

Blue Hog ridr
09-16-2013, 05:38 PM
PT, I hope there wasn't any beer in that cooler. It would have been shaken up and unopenable for a while.

What a way to ruin a good Saturday. Foamy beer.

PINKLADY
09-16-2013, 05:44 PM
check out the chest.

check out MINE!

The Saw
09-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Lou Figueroa
somebody waterboard
English

We finally agree on something......

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 05:55 PM

Nope. Simply not worth it. I know why I was PMd & what brought up some questions.

I'm sure 'this guy' is omniscient like a few others on AZB & can figure it out for himself.

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Sorry to hear about the COPD and your wife's surgery. Good luck and best wishes on both, Neil.

Lou Figueroa
somebody waterboard
English

Lou,

Waterboarding me would still not make me politely say thank you to anyone that is telling untruths about me.

If you'll notice I too said that I was sincerely sorry regarding his COPD & his wife's surgery.

I watched my Dad die when I was 25 from smoking. I know where he is at, but that does not excuse distortions for his purposes & agenda.

Meet you at the rain barrel.

Best Wishes,
Rick

Sloppy Pockets
09-16-2013, 06:03 PM

Well, Mr. English, sir, that's because you've been playing this game at a high level for 47 years now, mostly using spin of every variety on every shot. How do you teach a dude anything if he already knows it all?

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 06:04 PM
We finally agree on something......

Please see post #116.

GreenFeltguy
09-16-2013, 06:06 PM
man, What is wrong with some people ? CJ'S is a very busy man and may go many days unable to give attention to all e-mails so please don't take it personally, I certainly wouldn't.

Majic
09-16-2013, 06:10 PM
check out MINE!

yea yea..........you got me.

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Well, Mr. English, sir, that's because you've been playing this game at a high level for 47 years now, mostly using spin of every variety on every shot. How do you teach a dude anything if he already knows it all?

Firstly, I personally would not teach 'a dude'.

But if the pupil does know more than the teacher, who should really be the teacher?

The one with a certificate that might actually know less.

A recently certified instructor was asking for help just a few short months ago.

I guess you would suggest that I or someone like me take lessons from him. I'd rather just have lunch & exchange ideas & see maybe who might learn from who.

You 'paper hero' worshippers have just swallowed too much Kool Aide.

Sorry I broke my resolution but I'm not playing the Gang Game.

Scott Lee, Neil, You, next will be either Sean or Tony or the new guy.

Maniac
09-16-2013, 06:26 PM
check out MINE!

Now this thread's starting to get somewhere ;)!!!

Maniac (pictures please)

KoolKat9Lives
09-16-2013, 06:43 PM
I'd like to think I've earned my keep here over the years. Take from this thread what you will.

CJ Wiley
09-16-2013, 06:44 PM

since AUG 10

I'm not sure what this is all about, we're only coming in town for 2 days at the most so there's no time for lessons and interviews etc. We're ONLY interviewing Earl's ex wife and doing some promotional pictures with Earl if he comes.

As far as these other things, I'm not sure what you're even referring to, here's the last PM I got from you and no, I didn't respond or call you, but I didn't understand what the point was.....something to do with Brooke Shields painting you have or something.....:confused:

You be the judge, here's the last PM I received in my inbox:

Wink Re: help?!?! are yŠll up? POOL promotion! - 08-27-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINKLADY
hey! i hate to bother you/yall. but i have an idea to promote POOL.
JA
and
Brooke.
wanted your input, as i totally RESPECT you, CJ.
call me?

W

CJ
this is burning a hole in my pocket!
and we're running out of time....
and i really want to help.
Matt's like: how is this PR for pool?

i don't know, you can spin it 50 different ways. but in sales, you find a way to bond. Johnny having this info would ENDEAR him to BROOKE....

Matt talked to Johnny last night & we know the shot he's going to do. and it involves her. so everything, is about BROOKE. - which is the Title of Nagel's pic. it's one of his top 5, ever. "Brooke".

JA: HEY BROOKE, YOU HAVEN'T CHANGED IN 20 YRS! LOOK FAMILIAR? (WHIPS OUT HIS PHONE W/ JPG)
and/or
IF YOU MAKE THIS SHOT, THEN YOU WIN THIS PIC (WHIPS OUT HIS PHONE)....

....and FatBoy's gonna have to BUY it off of me @ top-dollar.

Majic
09-16-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm not sure what this is all about, we're only coming in town for 2 days at the most so there's no time for lessons and interviews etc. We're ONLY interviewing Earl's ex wife and doing some promotional pictures with Earl if he comes.

As far as these other things, I'm not sure what you're even referring to, here's the last PM I got from you and no, I didn't respond or call you, but I didn't understand what the point was.....something to do with Brooke Shields painting you have or something.....:confused:
you be the judge, here's the last PM I received in my inbox:

don't be looking for business around here........you have gone and done it now.

KoolKat9Lives
09-16-2013, 07:03 PM
And the next PM you select to share will be ??? Nevermind the posts pumping you up. Not that an AZer has weight, BB taught us as much.

Lonestar_jim
09-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Not the language but the AZ forum member ! You've got 90 seconds then I'm going to bed.

You may want to change your number after English, Neil, Scott and everyone else calls.

CJ please edit out her number, LOL.

KoolKat9Lives
09-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Not the language but the AZ forum member ! You've got 90 seconds then I'm going to bed.

You may want to change your number after English, Neil, Scott and everyone else calls.

CJ please edit out her number, LOL.

Poor form. That was a PRIVATE message. I'm going to leave her crazy, sex filled messages. Maybe I'll get a response. Cause, after all, I'm all that.

MahnaMahna
09-16-2013, 07:11 PM
The weird PM is the teacher.

Birriards
09-16-2013, 07:16 PM
The weird PM is the teacher.

Legit

+1

Spimp13
09-16-2013, 07:22 PM
wow lol...got some good reading in, now I can go to bed! The sleep is my teacher...well when I get it at least.

KoolKat9Lives
09-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Legit

+1

+ 2

This thread has played upon me. It's not mine to say how another should act. I only know how I would be human.

His Boy Elroy
09-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Rick...That just elevates what we say about MOST of those out there seeking information. You don't know what you don't know. There has been excellent information posted by at least a dozen (or more) instructors that has benefitted many here. We were posting here long before CJ showed up...some of us for 10 years or more. The fact that you can't see that...for you...just shows that you don't know what you don't know! :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
Scott,
I tend to see eye to eye with Rick on most of his posts; nevertheless, I've read about your "Travelling college of pool knowledge" and I admire the concept. I don't see pool as a competitive activity anymore than jugglers see juggling as a competitive activity. Also, I'm a Chicagoan. I've read you're a native yourself. All I'll say is that the essence of the pool stroke can only be found ( and I'm not saying I've found it quite yet) by trying to perfect the center ball hit and by trying to perfect T.O.I. precisely the way C.J. Wiley teaches it. When you do both well then middle grounds start to emerge between the two extremes. Then middle grounds start to emerge between the middle ground and T.O.I and the middle ground and center ball. Then more middle grounds emerge in both directions and multiply. That's when the fun starts. I know these are the exact types of thoughts that might cause posters to think, "He doesn't know what he doesn't know." ...that's OK.

CJ Wiley
09-16-2013, 08:00 PM
Scott,
I tend to see eye to eye with Rick on most of his posts; nevertheless, I've read about your "Travelling college of pool knowledge" and I admire the concept. I don't see pool as a competitive activity anymore than jugglers see juggling as a competitive activity. Also, I'm a Chicagoan. I've read you're a native yourself. All I'll say is that the essence of the pool stroke can only be found ( and I'm not saying I've found it quite yet) by trying to perfect the center ball hit and by trying to perfect T.O.I. precisely the way C.J. Wiley teaches it. When you do both well then middle grounds start to emerge between the two extremes. Then middle grounds start emerge between the middle ground and T.O.I and the middle ground and center ball. Then more middle grounds emerge in both directions and multiply. That's when the fun starts. I know these are the exact types of thoughts that might cause posters to think, "He doesn't know what he doesn't know." ...that's OK.

You're getting the idea....when you master the TOI the whole game opens up a new dimensionhttp://cached.muellers.com/RS/SR/Product/46/dsd-25_R_14ed8018.jpg in not only ball pocketing, but position play as well.

This won't happen using "center ball," the essential thing is making the cue ball deflect slightly off course.....this teaches and aligns the subconscious to "real eyes" how to get into the zone......or otherwise called "Dead Stroke".

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 08:18 PM
CJ,

According to Manha Manha the day has been filled with misunderstandings.

Scott Lee said today, You don't know what you don't know.

Brilliant! Simply Brilliant!

What I do know & it seems that many don't seem to know is that the 'common' knowledge & the 'easy' way can usually only get one to 'common place' but hardly if ever get one past 'common place'.

I guess if 'common place' is all that one wants then the 'common' knowledge & the 'easy' way is fine for them.

Being common was never good enough for me.

Now what's this 'secret' hip movement of which you speak?

My back Dr. told me my hips were perfect but I'm sure you know things about the hips that a certified doctor does not know...
at least pool wise.

His Boy Elroy
09-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Let's see if I can go down the line.

I was referring to posts here on AZB.

If 'certified' instructors do not want to give any info for free then why does the Ask the Instructor sub forum exist & why do any of them respond to any questions any where else on this forum site?

Yes, I too have learned a few things from others on AZB that are not instructors, & that seems to be somewhat your point. I have learned more from them than any instructor with the exception of CJ & Fran Crimi.

With the exception of CJ Wiley, who is giving very much free info, & Fran Crimi, whom I also did not pay a dime, I have learned more useful info from a few fellow AZBers than I have from any instructor's posts on AZB. That is rather easy to do since I have basically learned nothing useful, for me, from them. Please keep that, for me, in mind. I have been playing for 47 years & with english all that time.

I have coached the major 3 sports from 5 years old to adults & golf @ middle school level, & was offered a job to teach tennis that I foolishly declined. I also have taught aspects of pool to many along the way.
I know that one can learn from any source. I am still learning, sometimes from my own mind. Does that count as learning or would that be more of a revelation.

I think if you will re-read your post with a totally open mind you may answer your own questions as well as mine.

Regards & Best Wishes,
Rick
Rick,
Alright. Here's where we might not see eye to eye. You say you've coached "the" three major sports. Could that possibly mean you folks in southern Louisiana don't believe the Chicago Blackhawks to be participants in a major sport? If so, shame on you folks!!!

jeffj2h
09-16-2013, 08:55 PM

The humor of this post is only surpassed by its wisdom. Good job, sir.

KoolKat9Lives
09-16-2013, 08:58 PM
You're getting the idea....when you master the TOI the whole game opens up a new dimensionhttp://cached.muellers.com/RS/SR/Product/46/dsd-25_R_14ed8018.jpg in not only ball pocketing, but position play as well.

This won't happen using "center ball," the essential thing is making the cue ball deflect slightly off course.....this teaches and aligns the subconscious to "real eyes" how to get into the zone......or otherwise called "Dead Stroke".

Exhibit A. Deflection.

BTW, I paypaled the unwatchable. Spare me my $2.95. I DO want to hear @ Earl's history. I think we all do. Work it,

CJ Wiley
09-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Scott Lee said today, You don't know what you don't know.

What many don't know is that the 'common knowledge' & the 'easy' way will not get them past 'common place'.

In fact, 'common knowledge' can only get one to common place, if that.

It was "common knowledge" that the world was flat at one time in history. "Common Knowledge" changes every 20 years or so.....back in the 80s the scientists were worried about "Global Cooling".....they probably will again by 2020. Pool should be no different.

http://km4meu.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/knowledge-without-action-credits-hiking-artist.jpg?w=268&h=300

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Rick,
Alright. Here's where we might not see eye to eye. You say you've coached "the" three major sports. Could that possibly mean you folks in southern Louisiana don't believe the Chicago Blackhawks to be participants in a major sport? If so, shame on you folks!!!

'Elroy',

In all of my 60 years & with all of the water in the area, no body of water has ever frozen over hard enough to skate on it.

So, you tell me where in Southern La. can you buy ice skates?

Actually I sold hockey skates when the New Orleans Brass was here.

I was the asst. mgr. of a sporting goods store called Play It Again Sports.

My LSU walk on son actually played roller hockey one year when he was young & he had to be taken off in an ambulance after he dove to save a break away & crashed head first into the cinder block wall.

He hates to lose even more so than I do.

When you play certain sports you have to be willing to die or you really should not be playing them. (I can imagine what that might bring out on this forum)

So I did not coach hockey but I sold hockey skates. But I'd bet that I could coach hockey. It's very similar to basketball.

Best,
Rick

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 09:41 PM
It was "common knowledge" that the world was flat at one time in history. "Common Knowledge" changes every 20 years or so.....back in the 80s the scientists were worried about "Global Cooling".....they probably will again by 2020. Pool should be no different.

http://km4meu.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/knowledge-without-action-credits-hiking-artist.jpg?w=268&h=300

CJ,

I think I was editing & adding when you posted this.

Please take another look at post #135.

Thanks,
Rick

backplaying
09-16-2013, 10:05 PM
I was only kidding you about the birthday greetings. :grin-square:

If I may respectfully suggest that I think you may be misreading, misinterpreting, or not understanding fully what could have prevented C.J. from replying to you.

I am reminded of something that happened to me with another forum member, which is a wee bit similar in a way. :frown:

There was a female member of AzBilliards who was a regular poster here, like me. One year, Keith and I went to the Super Billiards Expo. We had not been together for a long time, but we were a couple, I guess you could say. :wink:

There was something going on at the Pro Arena at the SBE that prevented Keith from getting inside. It was like you had three checkpoints to show your ID before they would let you through. Meanwhile, they were calling Keith's name on the loud speaker that his match was up. We couldn't get to the doorway to the pro arena because of this hold-up with the ID and passes that were required. It was a TOTAL NIGHTMARE, speaking as a spectator, but it was worse for the player. We always get to a venue early, so Keith can practice, but with the lack of parking and then these three checkpoints, it took about 45 minutes to go through. :mad:

So this female AzB-er comes up to me to chat. It was the first opportunity we had to meet in person. She walked up to me, smiling, and began a conversation, and I just cut her off and said, "I have to go. I'm sorry."

Well, this female AzB-er never forgot it and gave me pure hell about it on and off the forum forever more, stating I was a snob to diss her in this manner. I wasn't trying to diss her, but there were other things going on that prevented me from talking to her.

Believe me, I'm probably one of the most friendliest peopel you'd ever want to me, and I can talk up a storm. :grin-square:

Anyway, that's my story for you to consider. This women misinterpreted me not wanting to interact with her and held it against me forever, and to this day, I'm sure she still thinks I'm a snob. :embarrassed2:

You got it Jam!

smokey
09-17-2013, 01:24 AM

WOW - you are some piece of work...

do you think anybody takes you seriously?

here is what i said to you on an earlier post:

i find faults here with folks from time to time, and lord knows many have found faults of mine here and they were usually right on many counts. sometimes i lashed back but in time i realized they were almost always right in one way or another.

that did not mean i gave into the "Asylum" as the "Word You Chose", as i said they were right, not me. and actually i am the better for all i learned from your so called "Asylum".

i am sure you "Respect" those that are in Agreement with your general persuasion and thoughts. but i suggest you try reading into the thoughts of those that may not think as you do.

if i was given the task of sublimating a thought directly into your brain it would be the words on the building of the Oracle of Delphi: "Know Thyself".

that is first and foremost. and maybe one day you will find that to be true.

pls do not respond to me, i do not want to get into your game of words/attitude. i will not respond. this is just for your edification and maybe food for thought.

Good Luck!

all the best,
smokey

i can only speak for myself and for me; i wish you would 'go away' or learn, without that...
who needs you here?

yes, this is a forum, a place to gather for us who love pool, billiards, snooker, etc. but a place for friendship whether in [friendly] agreement or as [friendly] adversary, but "friendship".
a trait you do not possess.

Neil: imho let it go. you are playing into English's game of words/attitude.
it serves no purpose - Period.

English,don't talk big - show big.
if you want a 10 dime game i can arrange it. bring cash on the wire...
not with me a 'D' player but a sub for me.
let me know with either a Yes or No - Period.
as i said: put up or whatever...

all the best,
smokey

smokey
09-17-2013, 01:47 AM
you had good folks to help your trip to be more successful.

just a question CJ - did you ever FU anything?

is it possible that in this world you made a premature judgement and it was wrong?

all the best,
smokey

You be the judge, here's the last PM I received in my inbox:

Wink Re: help?!?! are yŠll up? POOL promotion! - 08-27-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINKLADY
hey! i hate to bother you/yall. but i have an idea to promote POOL.
JA
and
Brooke.
wanted your input, as i totally RESPECT you, CJ.
call me?

W

CJ
this is burning a hole in my pocket!
and we're running out of time....
and i really want to help.
Matt's like: how is this PR for pool?

i don't know, you can spin it 50 different ways. but in sales, you find a way to bond. Johnny having this info would ENDEAR him to BROOKE....

Matt talked to Johnny last night & we know the shot he's going to do. and it involves her. so everything, is about BROOKE. - which is the Title of Nagel's pic. it's one of his top 5, ever. "Brooke".

JA: HEY BROOKE, YOU HAVEN'T CHANGED IN 20 YRS! LOOK FAMILIAR? (WHIPS OUT HIS PHONE W/ JPG)
and/or
IF YOU MAKE THIS SHOT, THEN YOU WIN THIS PIC (WHIPS OUT HIS PHONE)....

....and FatBoy's gonna have to BUY it off of me @ top-dollar.

JAM
09-17-2013, 01:50 AM
This thread is like an AzBilliards World War III. There are personal vendettas and politics going on here, aside from the original intent of the thread between Matt and C.J. :eek:

To add insult to injury, there's even a recently banned member posting in this thread under their, yet again, new forum identity. If you're banned and come back to AzBilliards with a brand-new identity, at least attack somebody new and create a different writing style, to include word usage. I can smell a banned member posting in their first or second post. :o

First, there are a few pool peeps who do not like C.J. because of his stance on aiming and flamboyant style. Some pool peeps believe C.J.'s theories and strategies are wrong, and because of his ability to rise to the top so quickly after a long hiatus in pool, people are noticing C.J.; whereas, some others who have been in the pool world remain the same in popularity as far as their products and what they have to offer. That's number one.

Number two, Matt feels slighted that C.J. did not take the time to reply to him for his very kind offer. I just learned in this thread that Pink Lady must be Matt's girlfriend. She's jumping in the fray to support her man by verifying the veracity of what Matt wrote. I totally get the "Stand By Your Man" strategy on a forum. :D

So Matt and Pink Lady verify they did indeed contact C.J. with a very kind offer. That's how most people are down South. You don't see this kind of activity in other regions of the country as much as you do in Beautiful Dixie.

C.J.'s life is busier than most, to include numerous communications, both written, oral, and in person, as he's involved in several different pool projects simultaneously. Of course, he feels bad that he missed Matt's PMs. However, when confronted with it in the manner he was, which included numerous verbal kamakazis from the AzBilliards peanut gallery, he proceeded to provide his proof. He did acknowledge, however, that he may have overlooked or missed the PM to Matt.

Matt, you're a good man. We all know that. C.J., ignore the trolls, banned member posting, and jealous pool peeps and go on with what you're doing. I am reminded of a pool tournament I ran as the TD. I handed out the rules beforehand at the players meeting, but some of the competitors didn't like the rules and complained to me throughout the duration of the tournament. IOW, you can't please everybody, even when you do try to put your best foot forward.

Now, this AzBilliards civil war thing going on with English!, et al., shouldn't even be in this thread, but, hey, that's life at the AzBilliards ranch these days. Love it or leave it.

JAM <---leaves periodically for a sanity check :smilewinkgrin:

Ron Swanson
09-17-2013, 04:11 AM
lol ... :) am I the only one who see's what happened here? ...I am not going to say anything though lol

No, C.

The phrase "those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" comes to mind.

Ron Swanson
09-17-2013, 04:13 AM
It's a combination of severe OCD and some aspects of Rainman, all in one.

Are you talking about Rick or Champ?

Ron Swanson
09-17-2013, 04:14 AM
As for this thread, this place becomes more mental by the day.

sfleinen
09-17-2013, 04:32 AM
Are you talking about Rick or Champ?

Hmm... ya got me there. Good point! I was referring to Rick, but yes, newly-aliased Champ as well.

-Sean

justadub
09-17-2013, 04:36 AM
Hmm... ya got me there. Good point! I was referring to Rick, but yes, newly-aliased Champ as well.

-Sean

Look at you two, getting along in a thread :p

(OK, it was one one-sentence exchange. Still...heh heh)

ENGLISH!
09-17-2013, 05:18 AM
WOW - you are some piece of work...

do you think anybody takes you seriously?

here is what i said to you on an earlier post:

i can only speak for myself and for me; i wish you would 'go away' or learn, without that...
who needs you here?

yes, this is a forum, a place to gather for us who love pool, billiards, snooker, etc. but a place for friendship whether in [friendly] agreement or as [friendly] adversary, but "friendship".
a trait you do not possess.

Neil: imho let it go. you are playing into English's game of words/attitude.
it serves no purpose - Period.

English,don't talk big - show big.
if you want a 10 dime game i can arrange it. bring cash on the wire...
not with me a 'D' player but a sub for me.
let me know with either a Yes or No - Period.
as i said: put up or whatever...

all the best,
smokey

Smokey,

Go take a look at ALL of Neil's posts TO me & note in each thread that it is he that initiates the vial contact.

I have said nothing out of line to you. Why do you feel the need to attack me. To defend your 'friend' Neil.

He has a vendetta against me because I will not change my opinion to conform with his 'beliefs'. So many chime in without knowing all of the facts regarding why the bullies are trying to bully.

Why throw a $10,000 challenge at me to play an unknown player of your choice when I'm 60 years old, with a bad back, laid up at the moment & with an astigmatism in my shooting eye? What would that prove regarding any subject matter of any discussion here.

Does that make you feel all mocho.

Let me do the same to Neil & I choose CJ.

I could say more, but I think that is enough on that subject.

Now... are you another one way street guy. Do you too only want to throw crap & expect nothing to come back your way.

Go check out the lambasting that Neil gave 'Elroy' a while back when he dared to agree with me. I was a bit surprised that 'Elroy' had the gumption to post again given his nature. I'm proud of him for not allowing himself to be brow beaten down.

There are many on AZB that are mostly silent & do not post much if at all. In fact I am rather sure & would venture to say that most of AZB are part of the silent majority. And it is certainly understandable why. Because if you are not in one of the posting clicks with a shared interest or opinion, just look what you'll get. How long do you think AZB would survive if it consisted of only the regular posters?

For every one of my nemesis that post against me I have pages of green rep & only 4 reds, 1 each from Scott Lee, One of his students, Rufus a SPF instructor & Bob Jewett. Do you see a pattern on those 4 red reps. I have also received PMs by many that have said that the vial bullying is exactly why they don't post more or at all, or words to that effect as did some of the green reps. One not so frequent poster just came to my defense in Gene's champion thread because he 'real eyesed' that the facts were being distorted by taking my words out of context from the 'picture' at hand. Eyes are starting to open & their 'mouths' as well.

I may be the water in somes' oil, but there is much more water underneath the surface like 'Elroy' & the guy that came to my defense. They are just simmering beneath the surface until they boil over & spill out.

Best Wishes,
Rick

PS Believe it or not, I have taken your & others' advice & have been trying to implement it, but it is extremely difficult for me to sit silent when distortions & untruths are written about me... or others. I also do not take insults well & quite honestly I don't think that I should. That would only encourage such bad behavior.

Pushout
09-17-2013, 05:47 AM
11 friggin' pages in two days! Unreal!!

JAM
09-17-2013, 05:53 AM

And I'm sad to report that I was a no-show for the ribeye steak at Matt's place. :o

Spimp13
09-17-2013, 06:00 AM
Good morning, I'm rested and ready to read and maybe post a picture or two TBD. Good luck today to all parties.

ENGLISH!
09-17-2013, 06:01 AM
Duplicate, Sorry.

ENGLISH!
09-17-2013, 06:04 AM

That's what can happen when anyone 'attacks' anyone, right or wrong.

CJ is well liked by many & many of the ones that I know that do like him did not even show up here.

But Neil did & his distortions regarding me from another thread set off a whole other fire.

So...it's 11 pages with over 6,500 views. Is that not what AZB is really about. Viewing?

And I doubt that it's over, but hopefully it can turn toward a useful topic involving CJ.

What about that hip 'secret'?

Spimp13
09-17-2013, 06:17 AM

CJ is well liked by many & many of the ones that I know that do like him did not even show up here.

But Neil did & his distortions regarding me from another thread set off a whole other fire.

So...it's 11 pages & I doubt that it's over.

So...it's 11 pages with over 6,500 views. Is that not what AZB is really about. Viewing?

And I doubt that it's over, but hopefully it can turn toward a useful topic involving CJ.

What about that hip 'secret'?

Nevermind...Rick's double posting the same stuff.... GG thread.

JCIN
09-17-2013, 06:46 AM
The amount of batshit crazy in this thread has to have set a new bar.

Well played.

ENGLISH!
09-17-2013, 06:48 AM
Nevermind...Rick's double posting the same stuff.... GG thread.

I fixed it as best that I could before I saw your post.

Was a double Quote & a Dig really necessary for a Glitch?

But thanks for using my name. Does that mean that you're now my new best friend?

I know, I know, not an ice cubes chance in Hell.

Have a Good Day,
Rick

CreeDo
09-17-2013, 07:08 AM
We're leaving together,
But still it's farewell

http://i.imgur.com/PHHh3Ya.jpg

Spimp13
09-17-2013, 07:21 AM
I fixed it as best that I could before I saw your post.

Was a double Quote & a Dig really necessary for a Glitch?

But thanks for using my name. Does that mean that you're now my new best friend?

I know, I know, not an ice cubes chance in Hell.

Have a Good Day,
Rick

Im sure you are an ok guy, and I would have no problem being your friend as long as no interaction was required. Have a good day as well.

The Saw
09-17-2013, 07:35 AM
The amount of batshit crazy in this thread has to have set a new bar.

Well played.

This thread is the teacher. Nah ming???

PoolSharkAllen
09-17-2013, 07:55 AM

-Sean
So who is the newly-aliased Champ? aka Living Legend aka Primo and so many other aliases.

By the way, Hiya Champ! :) sup?

Sloppy Pockets
09-17-2013, 08:27 AM
So I did not coach hockey but I sold hockey skates. But I'd bet that I could coach hockey. It's very similar to basketball.

Agreed. They are practically the same game. Put an object through the opening of a net. Only thing different might be the shoes?:rolleyes:

Sloppy Pockets
09-17-2013, 08:36 AM

I guess I don't follow this dispute at all. Doesn't your current sig line state that you will be traveling to NC this week and are looking to book lessons? Is this another trip you are speaking of? Just curious is all.

Maybe I should stay out of this, even if it is on a public forum I like to visit.

Maybe this is why God invented popcorn.

ENGLISH!
09-17-2013, 08:39 AM
Im sure you are an ok guy, and I would have no problem being your friend as long as no interaction was required. Have a good day as well.

I'm not looking to start anything but that phrase of 'no interaction' seems out of place in a statement regarding friendship.

Is that a back handed implication of some sort?

If so, speak clearly. If not, forget that I asked.

So far the day has been fine. I hope yours has been as well.

But....It's early.

chilli dipper
09-17-2013, 08:47 AM
No, C.

The phrase "those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" comes to mind.

Yes, you are correct TheThiagor :)

Ghosst
09-17-2013, 09:10 AM
I haven't read any of this thread yet, but let me test my psychic powers:

Rick has posted numerous times about how he's a victim
Rick has sent out numerous barbs to instructors
Champ returned again
JCIN posted something short and funny
Someone has said, "the XXX is the teacher"
Someone asked if bonus ball was coming back
Someone said, "real eyesed"

How'd I score?

Tony_in_MD
09-17-2013, 09:21 AM
100 percent.

Champ returned again

How'd I score?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

CJ Wiley
09-17-2013, 09:35 AM
I guess I don't follow this dispute at all. Doesn't your current sig line state that you will be traveling to NC this week and are looking to book lessons? Is this another trip you are speaking of? Just curious is all.

Maybe I should stay out of this, even if it is on a public forum I like to visit.

Maybe this is why God invented popcorn.

Yes, our route for the trip is from Dallas to North Carolina and we've booked several clientes along the way. I'm going to Greensboro North Carolina for one purpose and that's to work on the Million Dollar Challenge Documentary by interviewing Lisa, (Earl's ex) and if Earl comes down we're going to get some pictures and play some golf.

There was some confusion and I believe we worked it out by PM last night with the parties involved. I understand they were trying to do some really good things by offering us a place to stay and some exhibition matches. We are just on a really challenging schedule starting on Sept. 20th and can't stay around that area for more than a day or two (and our time is booked up during those two days).

On my signature line I was communicating our route and we do have interest in Jackson Miss., Birmingham Al., Chattanooga Tn., Atlanta Georgia and Charlotte NC.....as well as Myrtle Beach and several places in Florida, but that will have to wait for another time.

We will be in these other Cities on various days before and after Sept. 20th and could still fit in a few hours of lessons if anyone's interested.

As far as responding to PM's and E Mails, I'm still answering 100% that are pool related and after double checking that's over 1000 this year on azbilliards alone....on Face Book it's closer to 2000 responses to pool related questions and comments.

The direct email to contact us for lessons, or anything pool related is thegameistheteacher@gmail.com

Play Well, The Game is the Teacher . com

GoSteelers
09-17-2013, 09:44 AM
Unless you know CJ personally, I can't imagine him accepting your offer.

I know I wouldn't. When I travel, I want to be in control. I wouldn't feel that way if I were being accomodated.

GoSteelers

Eric.
09-17-2013, 10:18 AM

Champ returned again

How'd I score?

I could use Powerball numbers for tomorrow...

Eric >please

8pack
09-17-2013, 10:41 AM

I know I wouldn't. When I travel, I want to be in control. I wouldn't feel that way if I were being accomodated.

GoSteelers

I dont think its about that.How about thanking the op for his offer or at least
acknowledging his offer.;)

Nine ... corner
09-17-2013, 11:16 AM
How about giving this whole thing a rest??? :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

fathomblue
09-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Soooooooo, we're all good, right?

If so, let's start a new thread that actually spreads some table knowledge.

CJ Wiley
09-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Soooooooo, we're all good, right?

If so, let's start a new thread that actually spreads some table knowledge.

When we get to the root of all issues we can see the human condition....not something to be judged to be "good or bad," to recognized as simply another piece to the life puzzle. I seem to work for the game, and it's not for monetary compensation, it's for things far more valuable.

Pool, for me, is also a microcosm of live in general with scenarios like "risk/reward", "win/win", "win/lose", "goal setting", "human nature tests", "structured rules", "honesty/dishonesty", "systems & controls", "capitalism", "money management", "socialism", "democracy", "social skills", compassion, understanding, problem solving, meditation, hand/eye coordination, calibrating people, gambling, drug/alcohol reality, reading road maps, understanding human behavior, giving is better than receiving, etc.

I've learned a lot about life, people, human tendencies, and especially myself playing and competing at pocket billiards (and other games/sports).

I'm told humans can learn life just living "life on life's terms," and I'm not sure it could be as well rounded and diversified as matching up and competing.

If you can survive in the challenging and often treacherous pool rooms you certainly have a head start on those that just learned in class room environments. Life is the greatest teacher and from certain vantage points, life is a game of sorts....it has all the same elements, like "risk reward" and understanding that what's obvious may not always be correct.

I'm not sure if I love pool, have a passion for it, or was just destined and born to play. Can any of us honestly answer that question? One thing's for sure, we've had "life experiences" that we could get no other way. 'The Game is the Teacher' CJ Wiley

real bartram
09-17-2013, 01:32 PM

GoSteelers

Go bengals

Blue Hog ridr
09-17-2013, 01:51 PM
I could use Powerball numbers for tomorrow.

Super 7 for me Bud.

I checked my account last night and I have no idea where that 2 mill went. Must have had fun this summer. Anyway, I could use a little extra now.

Beer is expensive in Canada.

Majic
09-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Go bengals

GO BROWNS..............yea yea, I know.

KoolKat9Lives
09-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Thank you for the PM CJ to my GF. Water under the bridge it is. Travel safe.

upindaklub
09-17-2013, 02:49 PM

GoSteelers

Don Liebes posted that the The Monk ( Tim Miller), was going to be at his fine facility Gate City Billiards in Greensboro to conduct an instructional workshop. CJ posted in the thread he was going to be in Greensboro with Earl working on the documentary in September and would try to stop by Gate City Billiards. Matt is known as, among other things, a pool ambassador of sorts locally and thought it might be a good idea to help CJ and his team schedule an exhibition etc., etc. while they were in town.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=332422

Don't know anything about private messages sent or received but Matt posted here he has two homes in Greensboro. The one he is not currently residing in was offered to CJ's team while they were in town. Matt knows the room operators in town and tried to get some activity lined up for CJ. While I don't know Matt personally he is well known and respected in Greensboro. Where this all went after the sincere and heartfelt offer of his spare home to CJ and his posse is another story.

http://www.gatecitybilliardsclub.com/index.php

Eric.
09-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Super 7 for me Bud.

I checked my account last night and I have no idea where that 2 mill went. Must have had fun this summer. Anyway, I could use a little extra now.

Beer is expensive in Canada.

The Powerball is supposed to be around 400mm USD (about $28.73 CAD). Can't you sneak across the border for that amount?

Eric

KoolKat9Lives
09-17-2013, 03:02 PM
Don Liebes posted that the The Monk ( Tim Miller), was going to be at his fine facility Gate City Billiards in Greensboro to conduct an instructional workshop. CJ posted in the thread he was going to be in Greensboro with Earl working on the documentary in September and would try to stop by Gate City Billiards. Matt is known as, among other things, a pool ambassador of sorts locally and thought it might be a good idea to help CJ and his team schedule an exhibition etc., etc. while they were in town.

Don't know anything about private messages sent or received but Matt posted here he has two homes in Greensboro. The one he is not currently residing in was offered to CJ's team while they were in town. Matt knows the room operators in town and tried to get some activity lined up for CJ. While I don't know Matt personally he is well known and respected in Greensboro. Where this all went after the sincere and heartfelt offer of his spare home to CJ and his posse is another story.

I definitley owe you a beer mystery man! Thanks for the kind words.

upindaklub
09-17-2013, 03:06 PM
I definitley owe you a beer mystery man! Thanks for the kind words.

When I bump into you over at Breakers Matt the cool pops are on me

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Breakers-Club-Sports-Bar-Greensboro-Quaker-Village/120260244657867?sk=info

jay helfert
09-17-2013, 05:20 PM
I hate it when they kiss and make up. It's just no fun anymore. :rolleyes:

Actually, CJ is one pretty sharp dude and he may almost know it all :wink:. On a personal level I'm glad to see him back in the pool world and trying to have an impact. He is the kind of guy who makes things happen!

Matt is truly one cool cat and he's really all that! He is one of the people I look for first at tournaments, just a lot of fun to be around and a true supporter of the game. If pool in the USA had a thousand Matts, wouldn't that be wonderful!

Actually pool in the USA probably has a thousand "Matt's" and they are the very guys to organize around. The ones who love the game, have some financial means to do things and the time to get involved. That's like the New York guys who put on the great 14.1 events and others (like BADI) who put their money where their mouth is. I have a heap of respect for people like this, who support our game and ask for little in return. Maybe just a little loyalty from the players who they are trying to help. Is that too much to ask?

I'm certain if CJ 'knew" Matt, he would go out of his way to at least meet him on his way through Greensboro. I'd like to think they will meet personally on this trip.

Don't worry Matt, if I'm ever down your way, I will take you up on your offer and maybe stay until the frig is empty. :)

lfigueroa
09-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Just a couple of quick thoughts here as someone who has traveled around and has met internet folks all over the country: KoolKat is a known guy here and not an unknown. And whether you'd stay at his house or not (for whatever reasons) you should acknowledge his offer and thank him for that and his honest efforts *based on your request* in his area on you behalf.

All over the country I've met many good folks, most of whom I'd never met face-to-face before. But we show up, and we play pool, go out to dinner, share drinks, stories, and good times.

IOW, you say, "Thank you." There's no other move.

Lou Figueroa

CJ Wiley
09-17-2013, 06:08 PM

Actually, CJ is one pretty sharp dude and he may almost know it all :wink:. On a personal level I'm glad to see him back in the pool world and trying to have an impact. He is the kind of guy who makes things happen!

Matt is truly one cool cat and he's really all that! He is one of the people I look for first at tournaments, just a lot of fun to be around and a true supporter of the game. If pool in the USA had a thousand Matts, wouldn't that be wonderful!

Actually pool in the USA probably has a thousand "Matt's" and they are the very guys to organize around. The ones who love the game, have some financial means to do things and the time to get involved. That's like the New York guys who put on the great 14.1 events and others (like BADI) who put their money where their mouth is. I have a heap of respect for people like this, who support our game and ask for little in return. Maybe just a little loyalty from the players who they are trying to help. Is that too much to ask?

I'm certain if CJ 'knew" Matt, he would go out of his way to at least meet him on his way through Greensboro. I'd like to think they will meet personally on this trip.

Don't worry Matt, if I'm ever down your way, I will take you up on your offer and maybe stay until the frig is empty. :)

I think you are the wisest of them all, Jay. If I knew Matt, or had ever met him, talked to him or knew anything personal (about him) it would have been a different story. My plans doing allow me to stay more than a day or two in Greensboro so there's not much "free time".....it's all about the documentary.

When someone's on line as much as I am there's certain things you just don't do and I have a list of them....it's mostly about safety and when I'm traveling with my girlfriend I am even more cautious. I've been known to carry a lot of "chips" '(in the past), so the road traveling takes on a different of circumstances for me....and my road partners.

It seems that Matt is a genuinely good guy and even with that fact in mind I would opt to stay at an undisclosed location when in North Carolina. This has absolutely nothing personal to do with him or anyone else.....it's just one of my personal guidelines. I rarely, if ever, let anyone know where I'm staying on the road.

When I was 18 in North Carolina with Omaha John I was robbed at gunpoint. The guy had a nylon over his face and put a loaded gun to my head and demanded all my money.

A car drove by and he ducked into the trees, at the same time I jumped up and ran, zig zagging into the bar and yelled at the bartender "GIVE ME A GUN....I JUST GOT ROBBED!!!....the bartender hesitated, then grabbed a pistol from behind the bar and handed it to me.....:eek:

I ran outside, ducked behind a rock barbecue pit and squeezed off thee shots into the trees where the mask man had stuck me up......there's a bigger story that goes with this, but that's one of the last times I was in North Carolina.

I know this story has nothing to do with going to North Carolina in this day and age....I'm just saying, I have guidelines from many years on the road, and I don't deviate from them under any circumstances. I've been stuck up at gunpoint on 3 other occasions, stabbed twice and had {a few} other "near death" experiences. 'The Road is the Teacher'

Lonestar_jim
09-17-2013, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=JCIN;4354283]The amount of batshit crazy in this thread has to have set a new bar.

Yes and new lows too. Like Jay said, why must they kiss and make up?

Anyhow to BHR, the beer is expensive if your drinking any Unibroue over the Labatts and Molson. Isn't the Carlsberg Canadian?

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2

KoolKat9Lives
09-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Just a thanks, but no thanks, would have sufficed CJ. I've had mixed emotions @ making this public. I take your "I get so many PM's" with a grain of salt. Perhaps it's true, in which case, I apologize. I know you are promoting pool, and I wish you and pool success. I genuinely do.

BTW, my appreciation to Jay and Lou for your posts. Working together in this dog eat dog biz forces people to choose who's on first and whom you hitch your wagon to...

Matt <-- been at gun point also over pool, more than once, in Philly, not NC, yet lol

CJ Wiley
09-17-2013, 06:32 PM

Again, this was very hospitable, but the issue is we'll only be in town a short period of time and we're completely busy with the documentary. We have a few places to stop along the way and going back {to give lessons} and do some "sight seeing". Mary's never been east of Tunica so she's looking forward to seeing more of the country.

We will still stop in the Gateway Billiards if there's any time, Mary Avina likes to play pool in new places. It appears that Gateway is a pretty nice place, however I've never been there and I'm not sure I've ever been in Greensboro. I played in Raleigh many years ago in a place called 'The Big Bad Wolf".....I played a sailor named "Ronnie" with a big anchor tattooed on his forearm.....at least that's how I remember it.

Maybe if we're ever in the area for more than a day or two we can arrange some extracurricular activities. I have someone wanting lesson in Myrtle Beach and I'm certainly temped to take Mary down there, it's a beautiful area...with lots of golf courses. :D

Toncam
09-17-2013, 06:40 PM
I've been stuck up at gunpoint on 3 other occasions, stabbed twice and had {a few} other "near death" experiences. 'The Road is the Teacher'

See how much fun you have had ? Why would anyone NOT want to live this life style ? Adventure at every turn ! :D

KoolKat9Lives
09-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Again, this was very hospitable, but the issue is we'll only be in town a short period of time and we're completely busy with the documentary. We have a few places to stop along the way and going back {to give lessons} and do some "sight seeing". Mary's never been east of Tunica so she's looking forward to seeing more of the country.

We will still stop in the Gateway Billiards if there's any time, Mary Avina likes to play pool in new places. It appears that Gateway is a pretty nice place, however I've never been there and I'm not sure I've ever been in Greensboro. I played in Raleigh many years ago in a place called 'The Big Bad Wolf".....I played a sailor named "Ronnie" with a big anchor tattooed on his forearm.....at least that's how I remember it.

Maybe if we're ever in the area for more than a day or two we can arrange some extracurricular activities. I have someone wanting lesson in Myrtle Beach and I'm certainly temped to take Mary down there, it's a beautiful area...with lots of golf courses. :D

Gate City Billiards has some awesome tables. GCIV's. Three of their 10 or so have extended Brunswick Superspeed rails, 4 1/8" pockets (thank Earl for that). The rails are livlier than a hopped up prom date.

Two are on web cam every open hour. www.gatecitybilliards.com As an olive branch, I'll give you the 7. You'll need it. ;)

CJ Wiley
09-17-2013, 06:43 PM
Just a thanks, but no thanks, would have sufficed CJ. I've had mixed emotions @ making this public. I take your "I get so many PM's" with a grain of salt. Perhaps it's true, in which case, I apologize. I know you are promoting pool, and I wish you and pool success. I genuinely do.

BTW, my appreciation to Jay and Lou for your posts. Working together in this dog eat dog biz forces people to choose who's on first and whom you hitch your wagon to...

Matt <-- been at gun point also over pool, more than once, in Philly, not NC, yet lol

Yes, the part of her PM about staying with her went right by my attention span.....I didn't know you two were a couple, as a matter of fact I don't think I've met either one of you personally.

There's thousands of people on this forum and many I've met and many I haven't - to keep track of all the "alias forum names" is too much for me to keep up with.......the Avatars that stick in my mind either use their own name or I know them personally.

Most of my personal interaction is on FaceBook where we know who we're talking to. Az Billiards is all about pool with me, I think I've made that pretty obvious over the last year or so. If someone wants to get ahold of me about pool related topics they can at thegameistheteacher@gmail.com or on FaceBook (https://www.facebook.com/CJ.WILEY7)

APA7
09-17-2013, 06:43 PM
OMG. Move on already, we get that U been jilted and R mad :( :o

KoolKat9Lives
09-17-2013, 06:50 PM
OMG. Move on already, we get that U been jilted and R mad :( :o

Consider it done Superman.

CJ Wiley
09-17-2013, 06:51 PM
See how much fun you have had ? Why would anyone NOT want to live this life style ? Adventure at every turn ! :D

Yeah, in my "road days" there was a LOT of money in gambling, however, there were also some dangerous situations occasionally.

I was also "jarred" a few times by people putting stuff in my drinks. They could shoot the stuff across the room with a hypodermic needle and hit a open bottle of beer. The stuff they used was brutal too, it was used to put women "out of it" during labor. Once you got this stuff in your system you would want to lose all your money....and never make a ball.

KoolKat9Lives
09-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Yeah, in my "road days" there was a LOT of money in gambling, however, there were also some dangerous situations occasionally.

I was also "jarred" a few times by people putting stuff in my drinks. They could shoot the stuff across the room with a hypodermic needle and hit a open bottle of beer. The stuff they used was brutal too, it was used to put women "out of it" during labor. Once you got this stuff in your system you would want to lose all your money....and never make a ball.

That's messed up. I on the other hand have been proficient in jarring myself at times. No assistance required. ;)

CJ Wiley
09-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Just a couple of quick thoughts here as someone who has traveled around and has met internet folks all over the country: KoolKat is a known guy here and not an unknown. And whether you'd stay at his house or not (for whatever reasons) you should acknowledge his offer and thank him for that and his honest efforts *based on your request* in his area on you behalf.

All over the country I've met many good folks, most of whom I'd never met face-to-face before. But we show up, and we play pool, go out to dinner, share drinks, stories, and good times.

IOW, you say, "Thank you." There's no other move.

Lou Figueroa

Wow, Lou, that sounds like a "Hallmark" Moment. :D

http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/motivational-poster-friendship-500x427.jpg

alphadog
09-17-2013, 07:37 PM
I think you are the wisest of them all, Jay. If I knew Matt, or had ever met him, talked to him or knew anything personal (about him) it would have been a different story. My plans doing allow me to stay more than a day or two in Greensboro so there's not much "free time".....it's all about the documentary.

When someone's on line as much as I am there's certain things you just don't do and I have a list of them....it's mostly about safety and when I'm traveling with my girlfriend I am even more cautious. I've been known to carry a lot of "chips" '(in the past), so the road traveling takes on a different of circumstances for me....and my road partners.

It seems that Matt is a genuinely good guy and even with that fact in mind I would opt to stay at an undisclosed location when in North Carolina. This has absolutely nothing personal to do with him or anyone else.....it's just one of my personal guidelines. I rarely, if ever, let anyone know where I'm staying on the road.

When I was 18 in North Carolina with Omaha John I was robbed at gunpoint. The guy had a nylon over his face and put a loaded gun to my head and demanded all my money.

A car drove by and he ducked into the trees, at the same time I jumped up and ran, zig zagging into the bar and yelled at the bartender "GIVE ME A GUN....I JUST GOT ROBBED!!!....the bartender hesitated, then grabbed a pistol from behind the bar and handed it to me.....:eek:

I ran outside, ducked behind a rock barbecue pit and squeezed off thee shots into the trees where the mask man had stuck me up......there's a bigger story that goes with this, but that's one of the last times I was in North Carolina.

I know this story has nothing to do with going to North Carolina in this day and age....I'm just saying, I have guidelines from many years on the road, and I don't deviate from them under any circumstances. I've been stuck up at gunpoint on 3 other occasions, stabbed twice and had {a few} other "near death" experiences. 'The Road is the Teacher'

Careful with these stories CJ.The last guy from Texas talking like this is no longer recognized as Vanilla Ice!:D:p:rolleyes::D

CJ Wiley
09-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Careful with these stories CJ.The last guy from Texas talking like this is no longer recognized as Vanilla Ice!:D:p:rolleyes::D

Are you saying "QUEEN" already told this story? :shrug:

I had Vanilla Ice play in my club CARSONS LIVE in Dallas and he brought the whole family in to watch. He grew up a couple miles from there and his crew was "countryfide".....;)

He put on the Hard Rock show he had to start doing, but did do the original ICE ICE BABY......gotta admit that's a heck of a song....too bad he "borrowed" it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_T6BsOX4CfxA/S9QTS7RZfyI/AAAAAAAAAvI/U0jZs_U753k/s320/Vanilla_Ice_-_Ice_Ice_Baby+REMIX+PACK+STEMS+PNG.png

Toncam
09-17-2013, 11:51 PM

Oh i believe you all right. I been in more than a few heists myself in the gambling business back home, best you can hope for is they are pros who arent the nervous types or strung out.

smokey
09-18-2013, 12:26 AM
wow...

what a great post: P E R F E C T
tks...

all the best,
smokey

lfigueroa
09-18-2013, 05:17 AM
Wow, Lou, that sounds like a "Hallmark" Moment. :D

Saying "thank you" shouldn't be a Hallmark Moment for anyone.

Lou Figueroa

PINKLADY
09-18-2013, 06:00 AM
Saying "thank you" shouldn't be a Hallmark Moment for anyone.

Lou Figueroa

Lou - we're good.

CJ - thank you.

ENGLISH!
09-18-2013, 09:46 AM
So...after over 200 posts & nearly 10,000 views, what made it all good or don't we all get to know?

10,000 views certainly seems to have made it 'public'.

upindaklub
09-18-2013, 11:41 AM
So...after over 200 posts & nearly 10,000 views, what made it all good or don't we all get to know?

10,000 views certainly seems to have made it 'public'.

Rick, if you have to ask you need to re-read the whole thread, lol. For the record the home Matt graciously offered up to team CJ was his starter mansion. Matt is now comfortably ensconced at his estate overlooking Lake Brandt. CJ's team would have been comfy and safe at Matts mansion. Since it is part of matts territory his crew provides 24-7 security for VIP guests. If an an honored guest in Greensboro like CJ had any issues while in NC those issues would become Matts issues. And then they would fear you

ENGLISH!
09-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Rick, if you have to ask you need to re-read the whole thread, lol. For the record the home Matt graciously offered up to team CJ was his starter mansion. Matt is now comfortably ensconced at his estate overlooking Lake Brandt. CJ's team would have been comfy and safe at Matts mansion. Since it is part of matts territory his crew provides 24-7 security for VIP guests. If an an honored guest in Greensboro like CJ had any issues while in NC those issues would become Matts issues. And then they would fear you

I did read the thread. I did not see where the accommodations or security where ever the issue.

It appears to me that a lack of communication was the issue.

For some reason CJ did not either accept nor declined the offer & feelings were hurt.

That apparently has been resolved but how so is the question.

What happened to make all okay?

It certainly was not okay when this thread was started & I'm sure those two mansions were not built since the start of the thread.

ribdoner
09-18-2013, 12:01 PM
I did read the thread. I did not see where the accommodations or security where ever the issue.

For some reason CJ did not either accept nor declined the offer & feelings were hurt.

It certainly was not okay when this thread was started & I'm sure those two mansions were not built since the start of the thread.

am sure they'll tell all if you keep asking

upindaklub
09-18-2013, 12:07 PM

Rick, the offered "guest house" is the mansion. Matt's lake estate is quite a bit more lavish. Anything for the Pink Lady, don't you know

sfleinen
09-18-2013, 12:33 PM
For those that attend conference calls for work, etc., the following may remind you of a couple posters here in this thread:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zbJAJEtNUX0

-Sean

jay helfert
09-18-2013, 12:40 PM

I told Matt to put that damn nylon stocking away! :eek:

On another note, CJ I can just see you hunkered down behind the bar-b-que pit squeezing off a few rounds. I bet you're a good shot too! I wouldn't want you aiming one my way. You have a scary track record though, with FOUR armed robberies and two stabbings. You're very high on the list of pool players I've ever known. You may be tied with James Christopher. Nice distinction huh. I had a much better record, escaping two robbery attempts (three counting the guys who tried to rob me while I was sleeping in my car). As Efren would say, I got lucky!

PINKLADY
09-18-2013, 12:47 PM

On another note, I can just see you hunkered down behind the bar-b-que pit squeezing off a few rounds. I bet you're a good shot too! I wouldn't want you aiming one my way.

after all, CJ is from TX.
but so am i.
and i trained Matt.
:smile:

KoolKat9Lives
09-18-2013, 12:50 PM

CJ recently apologized via a PM to PinkLady. It's acceptable enough for me. I may have taken it a bit far. I don't know. I really don't. Turning the page.

jay helfert
09-18-2013, 12:53 PM

I think that stuff was horse tranquilizer. I was with Jimmy (Reid) when he got a dose. He didn't want to quit, but I literally pulled the cue out of his hands and told everyone in the room (in a loud voice), WE'RE DONE!

KoolKat9Lives
09-18-2013, 12:54 PM

You're reall a funny guy mystery man. When you finally emerge from the woodwork in Greensboro I'm gonna give you a noogie. Thanks for the levity and support. :thumbup:

CJ Wiley
09-18-2013, 01:00 PM

I'm not sure who my "team" is, I'm only traveling with my body guard Mary Avina so she can protect me from all the scary Greensboro people.

........Let's get the facts straight, I'm coming into Greensboro for a day to interview someone....I will sleep in my car as usual and eat at McDonalds if I can just scrape up enough money with my favorite sign....I want to thank everyone in advance for your $1.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XU9x8G7khv0/SkJcZz-H_YI/AAAAAAAAGGY/__ZQWlVfcwo/s1600/ItaysWorld_Homeless_Signs_07.jpg CLICK PICTURE TO SEE WHERE TO SEND MY DOLLAR (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgrKlLkd_Bc)

upindaklub
09-18-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure who my "team" is, I'm only traveling with my body guard Mary Avina so she can protect me from all the scary Greensboro people.

........Let's get the facts straight, I'm coming into Greensboro for a day to interview someone....I will sleep in my car as usual and eat at McDonalds if I can just scrape up enough money with my favorite sign....I want to thank everyone in advance for your $1.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XU9x8G7khv0/SkJcZz-H_YI/AAAAAAAAGGY/__ZQWlVfcwo/s1600/ItaysWorld_Homeless_Signs_07.jpg CLICK PICTURE TO SEE WHERE TO SEND MY DOLLAR (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgrKlLkd_Bc)

Don't underestimate the scary Greensboro folks. I once witnessed Earl having to use his cue as a light saber/samurai sword to get out of a tight jam on the mean streets of Greensboro. Besides with your propensity to attract thugs with weapons on the road a little extra backup is always prudent.

ENGLISH!
09-18-2013, 01:28 PM
'I'll bet you $5, $10, or $20.00 I can tell you where you got those shoes'

Used to be a favorite in the French Quarter.

After the bet is confirmed with the hand shake the answer is given.

'You got them on your feet'

:wink:

upindaklub
09-18-2013, 01:47 PM
'I'll bet you $5, $10, or $20.00 I can tell you where you got those shoes'

Used to be a favorite in the French Quarter.

After the bet is confirmed with the hand shake the answer is given.

'You got them on your feet'

:wink:

That line was used in the flick Poolhall Junkies

CJ Wiley
09-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Don't underestimate the scary Greensboro folks. I once witnessed Earl having to use his cue as a light saber/samurai sword to get out of a tight jam on the mean streets of Greensboro. Besides with your propensity to attract thugs with weapons on the road a little extra backup is always prudent.

Don't worry about me, my bodyguard Mary Avina can beat up any "thug" in Greensboro....I'll bet on that.

http://www.bestcelebritypic.com/uploads/6/2/5/6/6256560/3546502_orig.jpg

PINKLADY
09-18-2013, 01:54 PM

it all depends on whether "we like you"....

upindaklub
09-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Don't worry about me, my bodyguard Mary Avina can beat up any "thug" in Greensboro....I'll bet on that.

http://www.bestcelebritypic.com/uploads/6/2/5/6/6256560/3546502_orig.jpg

"I ran outside, ducked behind a rock barbecue pit and squeezed off thee shots into the trees where the mask man had stuck me up......there's a bigger story that goes with this, but that's one of the last times I was in North Carolina".

If Tom Cruise is unavailable for the next Mission Impossibe it appears you could handle the role quite well CJ. Like Tom no doubt you can do your own stunt work as well.

PINKLADY
09-18-2013, 02:04 PM
"I ran outside, ducked behind a rock barbecue pit and squeezed off thee shots into the trees where the mask man had stuck me up......there's a bigger story that goes with this, but that's one of the last times I was in North Carolina".

If Tom Cruise is unavailable for the next Mission Impossibe it appears you could handle the role quite well CJ. Like Tom no doubt you can do your own stunt work as well.

i guess the statute has expired?

upindaklub
09-18-2013, 02:07 PM

On another note, CJ I can just see you hunkered down behind the bar-b-que pit squeezing off a few rounds. I bet you're a good shot too! I wouldn't want you aiming one my way. You have a scary track record though, with FOUR armed robberies and two stabbings. You're very high on the list of pool players I've ever known. You may be tied with James Christopher. Nice distinction huh. I had a much better record, escaping two robbery attempts (three counting the guys who tried to rob me while I was sleeping in my car). As Efren would say, I got lucky!

Jay, I bet you are right and that CJ is a good shot with a hand gun. I am thinking he uses an aiming system to insure accuracy? TOI baby

CJ Wiley
09-18-2013, 02:13 PM
I think that stuff was horse tranquilizer. I was with Jimmy (Reid) when he got a dose. He didn't want to quit, but I literally pulled the cue out of his hands and told everyone in the room (in a loud voice), WE'RE DONE!

It's may be a horse tranquilizer, all I know is it has a LOT of bad side effects.

http://cdn.motinetwork.net/demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/1103/side-effects-funny-medicine-drugs-demotivational-posters-1299390516.jpg

CJ Wiley
09-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Jay, I bet you are right and that CJ is a good shot with a hand gun. I am thinking he uses an aiming system to insure accuracy? TOI baby

Actually I use "Kentucky Windage" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdRLfO9CU2U).

upindaklub
09-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Actually I use "Kentucky Windage" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdRLfO9CU2U).

line from Platoon?

CJ Wiley
09-18-2013, 02:21 PM
from Platoon?

You'll have to click on the Kentucky Windage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdRLfO9CU2U) link to find out.....

Blue Hog ridr
09-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Platoon and Kentucky Windage. Lets see if I remember this one.

They were sitting around playing cards. Someone took a pull from a bottle of jack or whatever Bourbon it was and the guy said, " A little Kentucky windage Sarg".

Not that I have a good memory, just that I watched Platoon about 40 times.

upindaklub
09-18-2013, 02:38 PM

They were sitting around playing cards. Someone took a pull from a bottle of jack or whatever Bourbon it was and the guy said, " A little Kentucky windage Sarg".

sub LT for Sarg and your spot on mate.

CJ Wiley
09-18-2013, 02:39 PM

You have a great memory sir......the kentucky windage technique is the first "aiming system" I ever heard of from the legendary "Omaha John".....one of the world's greatest bar players.

http://www.deuceofdavenport.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Charlie-Sheen-Platoon-4.jpeg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIxOhpfWuW0)CLICK PIC

KoolKat9Lives
09-18-2013, 02:41 PM
snip...

That's more than fair since I emptied out your liquor cabinet while Ming was tearing me a new one on your old Diamond. ;)

Are you going to The US Open? Hope to see you there (although something tells me you aren't going......) How @ Mosconi? I know you can't miss this one! We might have a little pull at the Mirage if you're interested. We're trying to get TWheels + in an adjoining suite with us, and maybe a group rate for the US side. Hehehe. Maybe you and Fatboy can share a bed. ;) I don't know how Pinky pulls off what she does in Vegas, but let's just say bribery, cleavage and arm twisting is involved. :grin-square:

PINKLADY
09-18-2013, 02:43 PM
You'll have to click on the Kentucky Windage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdRLfO9CU2U) link to find out.....

that looked surprisingly like my Mini-14!

Majic
09-18-2013, 02:52 PM

thanks Tim,

probably was the cycle.

CJ Wiley
09-18-2013, 05:02 PM

Yes, back in the road playing days we had to shoot straight....in more ways than one.

That incident in North Carolina happened at a place called SHARKY'S...and the owner, Sharky was quite a character.

One time when he was playing Tony Fargo, he dogged the 9 Ball, then calmly pulled out a pistol and SHOT IT OFF THE TABLE!!!....

Tony, known for his cool demeanor, reportedly looked at Sharky and said "Nice Shot!".....'The Road is the Teacher'

Put_upor_shutup
09-18-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm lost..So somebody sum it up.

In gettin that someone offered cj a place to stay and cj declined and now we have hurt feelings??:(

Am I close

CJ Wiley
09-18-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm lost..So somebody sum it up.

In gettin that someone offered cj a place to stay and cj declined and now we have hurt feelings??:(

Am I close

That day our plans changed due to a third party, and the schedule was delayed by three weeks. I still haven't made hotel arrangements because I always wait until the last minute.....old habits are hard to break.

We actually never declined, just forgot about it and never responded back.

His Boy Elroy
09-18-2013, 07:55 PM
So C.J.,
As I recall a few months ago I wrote a post where I asked who the girl was in your dvd's who was banging in balls while wearing a red dress. As I recall, I believe I said somerhing to the effect that I thought there was nothing more beautiful in life than watching a perfectly executed pool stroke. I think I then said that beauty turned into nirvana when the person executing the perfectly executed pool shot was a beautiful girl in a red dress. Uhhh...As I recall, I think I then offered to pay you $49.95 if you would produce for me a DVD with the girl in the red dress banging in balls for an hour...FOR GOD'S SAKE! SHE'S YOUR GIRLFREIND!!! I don't know how many times I've said this, but you folks might see a new poster one of these days who calls himself "His Dog Astro."

CJ Wiley
09-18-2013, 09:10 PM
So C.J.,
As I recall a few months ago I wrote a post where I asked who the girl was in your dvd's who was banging in balls while wearing a red dress. As I recall, I believe I said somerhing to the effect that I thought there was nothing more beautiful in life than watching a perfectly executed pool stroke. I think I then said that beauty turned into nirvana when the person executing the perfectly executed pool shot was a beautiful girl in a red dress. Uhhh...As I recall, I think I then offered to pay you $49.95 if you would produce for me a DVD with the girl in the red dress banging in balls for an hour...FOR GOD'S SAKE! SHE'S YOUR GIRLFREIND!!! I don't know how many times I've said this, but you folks might see a new poster one of these days who calls himself "His Dog Astro."

That's ok, she looks pretty good in a green dress too....and deadly with a pool cue. She just went over 2,000,000 views on her You Tube pool video - www.maryavina.com

http://www.bestcelebritypic.com/uploads/6/2/5/6/6256560/5056353_orig.jpg

And I highly recommend her new line of MEUCCI Custom Cues - The Golden Knight Series .... They are just coming out this month, here's a "sneak preview".

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1235218_510718952344105_674590172_n.jpg

ENGLISH!
09-18-2013, 09:41 PM
I hope there is one named 'The Avina Angel'.