PDA

View Full Version : Stiffed by Lee peppers list

Kim Bye
09-16-2013, 04:46 AM
I thought we could do this in a separate thread.

Kim Bye $500
Capnstabn $925
Wontonny $350
Dakraljic $600
The chicken $987
Q protectors $450
Poolrod $1700
Rick9005 $300
Anonymus $500
Jnf. $300
Frazee2c $400

Total as of 16.09 is: $6712

This list is compiled just from reading the two LP threads on the forum, if there is any one else that has been ripped off, please let us know.
If i incorrectly put any names on the list or amount owed please PM me or correct it by posting the correct status.

Birriards
09-16-2013, 05:26 AM
Some of these cuemakers have the best gig going... fulfill a few orders as promised, then get a bunch of people to send you money and drop off of the face of the earth.

What a shame.

Maniac
09-16-2013, 07:19 AM
Just curious if any of these customers that have been ripped-off attempted to collect their money back through legal procedures? If it was me that was getting ripped-off, I'd try any and every means possible to get my money back, even if it ended up costing more than I had invested in the cue, just out of principle.

I personally know one of the ripped-off customers, just haven't run into him lately at the pool halls.

Maniac

jockey
09-16-2013, 07:29 AM
i believe lee peppers passed away one or possibly two months ago.

Kim Bye
09-16-2013, 07:56 AM
If this is true, this tread is pointless and the moderators can remove it.
But let us first clarify this.
In the other LP thread the guy who bought Lee`s shop has come with some details, but he has not said how long since this was and when he last heard from Lee.

Can anyone verify Jockey`s information?

Ken_4fun
09-16-2013, 08:00 AM
If this is true, this tread is pointless and the moderators can remove it.
But let us first clarify this.
In the other LP thread the guy who bought Lee`s shop has come with some details, but he has not said how long since this was and when he last heard from Lee.

Can anyone verify Jockey`s information?

Actually if someone is owed money you need to make a claim against his estate, if he has passed away.

Ken

Kim Bye
09-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Actually if someone is owed money you need to make a claim against his estate, if he has passed away.

Ken

Yes Ken, that is correct, but it`s just too much hassle and if indeed Lee has passed away
I don`t think it is good taste to hassle his grieving family.
Had the sum been substansial i would go that route, but 500 bucks is money i can "afford" to loose.

mortuarymike-nv
09-16-2013, 08:18 AM
LOL
2 lee pepper threads in the main forum
1 in the for sale section
1 in the cue supplies
1 in ask the cue maker.
Damm has anyone thought of hiring a sky writer :deadhorse:

MMike

prewarhero
09-16-2013, 08:22 AM

Ken

There are significant limitations to this, not the least of which is the time since public notice (if there was one and a probate estate was opened- the time may have passed), there has to be the absence of a trust, was the debt owed by someone personally or a corporation, and not last and not least, there has to be assets to claim against.

Ken_4fun
09-16-2013, 08:23 AM
Yes Ken, that is correct, but it`s just too much hassle and if indeed Lee has passed away
I don`t think it is good taste to hassle his grieving family.
Had the sum been substansial i would go that route, but 500 bucks is money i can "afford" to loose.

That is called life.

If there is money owed, that is exactly why this is done. IMO, it isn't in poor taste it is just how it is done.

I am owed a cue or money from a cuemaker now and I will probably be going forward with legal action.

It isn't personal, its business.

If they had followed their end of the deal then nobody would have to go there.

You haven't done anything wrong, thinking you have is your first mistake. As far as $500 isn't a big deal, it was a big enough deal on the other side wasn't it? To me the door swings both ways.

Best of rolls,

Ken Strain

wjdsnipes
09-16-2013, 08:26 AM
Someone is paying his phone bills I called both of his numbers and they work I got 1 guy on the phone he said he was not lee. It sure sounded like him then he blocked my number from calling him . This was 2 days ago. Thanks Wesley.

wjdsnipes
09-16-2013, 08:28 AM
Lee Peppers #s
804-781-6650
804-937-4194

This is the numbers I have for him

Buster8001
09-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Lee was alive, at least he was, a month ago:
__________________________________________________ _________
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 2:13 PM
To: Redacted
Subject: Re: RE: cue

Josh
I would like to buy back the cue I made for you that you have for sale. I would only be interested in the butt and original shaft. if you can seperate the second shaft what price would you charge?

Thanks, Lee Peppers
__________________________________________________ ________

Josh

Kim Bye
09-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks Buster :)

rick9005
09-16-2013, 03:19 PM
He got me for $300.00.Not as bad some.

ARROWCRUSHER
09-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Lee was scamming us all with those raffle threads, I won one also and paid out extra for ivory, but I got tired of all his stories and him just showing pictures of cue parts in pictures. But after almost a year of that I told him over the phone I was comeing down that next day to see my cue then it got heated and he hung up on me. then after pm's which I have he refunded my money that I sent for ivory and and a sum towards the cue I was to recieve. He was running one to two raffles a month. I would be anxious to find out just how many people actually recieved a cue they won in his raffles :confused:,,,, He is nothing but a thief that had no manners and didn't know how to speak or treat anyone,,,Besides being a fraud,,:eek:

Kim Bye
09-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Lee was scamming us all with those raffle threads, I won one also and paid out extra for ivory, but I got tired of all his stories and him just showing pictures of cue parts in pictures. But after almost a year of that I told him over the phone I was comeing down that next day to see my cue then it got heated and he hung up on me. then after pm's which I have he refunded my money that I sent for ivory and and a sum towards the cue I was to recieve. He was running one to two raffles a month. I would be anxious to find out just how many people actually recieved a cue they won in his raffles :confused:,,,, He is nothing but a thief that had no manners and didn't know how to speak or treat anyone,,,Besides being a fraud,,:eek:

Yes he had raffles going all the time. When i ordered he had a 25% off or some such offer.
In my eyes this looks more and more like a deliberate scam.

Amazing looking Lambros you got Arrowcrusher :)

wontonny
09-16-2013, 04:01 PM
I'm out $350 from Lee. Sent payment on 8/27/2012 with a projected 8-10 month turnaround time. Last email reply was May 14, 2013 saying the cue was "being tapered". I have not received a cue.

brandoncook26
09-16-2013, 04:24 PM

I won one of the early raffles he did and I did receive a cue. I paid for some extras. The cue was ok but not fantastic. I sold it shortly after. I had paid a deposit on another cue for him to build, but after some back and forth he turned out to be a dick IMO and I asked for my money back. There was some issues that he wanted to charge more for the cue. I have him a picture of a cue and he quoted me a price. Later, he tried to charge more because of things I wanted that he "didn't see" in the picture. I told him he quoted me based on the picture.

I called him and we had it out on the phone. Shortly after that I got my money back. At the time, everyone was talking about how great he was and how good his cues were. I did not have that experience so I kept my mouth shut. Sorry that everyone got taken. I had a bad experience but I didn't lose anything from it.

ga9ball
09-16-2013, 05:30 PM
I thought we could do this in a separate thread.

Kim Bye $500
Capnstabn $925
Wontonny $350
Dakraljic $600
The chicken $987
Q protectors $450
Poolrod $1700
Rick9005 $300
Anonymus $500

Total as of 16.09 is: $6312

This list is compiled just from reading the two LP threads on the forum, if there is any one else that has been ripped off, please let us know.
If i incorrectly put any names on the list or amount owed please PM me or correct it by posting the correct status.

I think the OVER/UNDER Line is $50,000 Taken By Lee!
Glad l got away cheap.

daimion
09-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Lee has showed his true colors. Up until all these threads were posted about his poor practices he was checking the site nearly daily. He probably monitored them up until a member of the site told users how to check his login history through the iTrader and monitor his times on the site. Since then he hasnt logged in. I had a similar experience to brandoncooks. There are many other people who have not come forward on any of the threads and probably wish to remain anonymous. But you can add at least another 5k to your current total from what i have been told by other members suffering the same fate.

I owe nothing to lee and lee owes nothing to me. He reluctantly refunded my money in full.

jnf
09-16-2013, 07:07 PM
A year ago I ordered a Tad tribute and sent him $300. He promised delivery in 6 months. Then he said he was sick and not taking new orders. Since last spring I haven't heard a word and he has never returned emails or calls.

rjb1168
09-16-2013, 07:22 PM
What a scumbag, he needs some street justice.

Frazee2c
09-16-2013, 07:50 PM
My name is Tim Frazee, I gave Lee a $400 deposit about 11 months ago on a cue that was a 8 month wait.. I have all my emails we exchanged for poof..would whomever please add me to the list of ppl who got shafted.. Also if someone can please keep me updated on this situation..this experience on my first custom cue makes me rethink how to do business..

daimion
09-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Frazee, You and i share the same thoughts about custom cue builds thanks to Lee's shrewd business practices. But therein is a silver lining. I ended up hooking up with a great cue enthusiast named Jake Husley who frequents this site. Jake in no time at all restored my faith in the custom cue trade. If i told you of the interaction between Jake and I you wouldnt believe me. Albeit Jake and I have never met, I consider him a friend. And im sure no one could say a negative thing about him ever. Nothing but praise.

So i guess what i am trying to say is. Dont let an insufferable person like Lee ruin your thoughts and feelings towards the custom cue trade, for the people who genuinely show a passion that far exceeds the down trodden actions of a person like Lee make it a down right pleasure to be involved.

P.S. If you see this Jake, 3 cheers for you and those like you :)

dakraljic
09-17-2013, 12:27 AM
Here I am,again.I was banned from forum yesterday.However,if I wasn't bumping to often and writing this way this wouldn't become so popular topic and wouldn't cause such attention.So,yes I am sick of those who always want to find mitigating circumstances for thieves and scumbags.And there are a plenty people like that here on the forum.As I stated I am waiting the end of year and then I will be able to say was I scammed or not but from what I could see now from my point of view,I am not very optimistic.
Davor

boradriver
09-17-2013, 08:22 AM
this thing reminded me of my contact with Mr Peppers.

When raffles got shut down on here there was a discussion on having another site for them. Lee was very eager to have his site be the new home for them. He had a vote setup and demanded after the vote that everyone only use his site. He and I had some heated discussions on it on AZ and other places about it. It all seemed very odd at the time that he was so upset about another site being up and even demanded it be shut down.

Makes me wonder now if this was part of a bigger scam?

Now with all this being said someone has mentioned he died. No matter what he did I hope this is not true. If he is not then I hope he trys to make and effort to make things right.

Manoman2444
09-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Attorney General in Va.: Kim Cuccinelli, 900 E. Main St., Richmond, Va. Phone 804-786-2071. I suggest that the people scammed by him, start calling the office and reporting this. This was definitely a scam (raffle, etc.).

daimion
09-17-2013, 03:33 PM
There is another billiards site that Lee frequents. He was last logged in 2 weeks ago at 5:30 am. you must be a member to view the site. this is a privately owned site please treat the site, its owners and users with respect...

http://www.jimboarmy.com/phpbb3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=973

wjdsnipes
09-19-2013, 07:12 AM
I have talked to Doug on the phone and said he would finish my cue lee was building. For me. He was very nice and is caught in the middle of this mess. I told him just give me a price on what its going to be and we can go from their I don't expect him to work for free so I think anyone else with cues on order from lee should be ok . Doug was cool to talk to and feels real bad about this hole mess.

"Q" Protectors
09-19-2013, 07:22 AM
I have talked to Doug on the phone and said he would finish my cue lee was building. For me. He was very nice and is caught in the middle of this mess. I told him just give me a price on what its going to be and we can go from their I don't expect him to work for free so I think anyone else with cues on order from lee should be ok . Doug was cool to talk to and feels real bad about this hole mess.

Who is Doug? I understand this is who bought out Lee. I'd like to know what he has (if he has) any of my cue order.
Thanks.

Maniac
09-19-2013, 09:36 AM

People that ordered a cue from Lee Peppers wanted and paid for a cue to be made by LEE PEPPERS, not some guy named Doug. If Lee took peoples money for a cue to be built by HIMSELF and he is now out of the cue-making business and has sold all of his cue-building tools, then the only right thing to do is to refund any and all money he received from those prospective buyers. That is, unless they WANT some guy named Doug to build them a cue. To those who paid Lee upfront-in-full, it would not be right for them to have to pay another cue-maker MORE money to have their cue completed.

This whole scenario is such a shame and a mess!!!

Maniac

Johnnyt
09-19-2013, 09:51 AM
When are people going to learn not to buy or at least don't pay huge deposits from a one man shop? Also, most all of them never get the cue out in the time they said they would. Maybe they need to take 10 % off the cue for every month they are late. There has been over a 100 of these stories on AZ in the years I've been a member. How many more need to get burned before they get it? Johnnyt

Quesports
09-19-2013, 10:06 AM
People that ordered a cue from Lee Peppers wanted and paid for a cue to be made by LEE PEPPERS, not some guy named Doug. If Lee took peoples money for a cue to be built by HIMSELF and he is now out of the cue-making business and has sold all of his cue-building tools, then the only right thing to do is to refund any and all money he received from those prospective buyers. That is, unless they WANT some guy named Doug to build them a cue. To those who paid Lee upfront-in-full, it would not be right for them to have to pay another cue-maker MORE money to have their cue completed.

This whole scenario is such a shame and a mess!!!

Maniac

Your post seems to be a slam against Doug. I don't understand why you would do that he may very well be a nice guy just caught up in this mess innocently! I don't know him from Adam but I don't see what he has done to be spoken about like you have.

cuesblues
09-19-2013, 10:21 AM
When are people going to learn not to buy or at least don't pay huge deposits from a one man shop? Also, most all of them never get the cue out in the time they said they would. Maybe they need to take 10 % off the cue for every month they are late. There has been over a 100 of these stories on AZ in the years I've been a member. How many more need to get burned before they get it? Johnnyt

I agree, except it's not really a "one man shop" problem, as much as a problem with shops that rely on the interweb, specifically AZ Billiards, for the majority of their business.
This also includes cuemakers (assemblers) who get pumped-up on AZ, because some guys have a connection, and want to make a nice profit his cues.
There are many small one man shops out there that do not pull this crap.
As far as Lee Pepper is concerned, all you had to do is read some of his comments to realize what a jerk he is.
I've made many cue buying mistakes over the years, I still own about 150 and still like to buy cues, but I would of never ordered a cue from Lee Pepper.
The signs may not of been there that Lee was going to rip a bunch of people off, but there were definitely signs that he would be a jerk to deal with if there was a problem.
Lee was also unusually into that stupid raffle deal, which didn't seem normal for a legitimate cuemaker.

Maniac
09-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Your post seems to be a slam against Doug. I don't understand why you would do that he may very well be a nice guy just caught up in this mess innocently! I don't know him from Adam but I don't see what he has done to be spoken about like you have.

Absolutely NOT a slam on Doug at all. He probably does great cue work. He is probably a stand-up guy. He most definitely WAS caught up in this cluster-f*ck of major proportions. In fact, kudos to Doug for trying to help out with all of this. It's just that if people wanted Doug to build them a cue, they wouldn't have hired Lee Peppers to do it. The people that got ripped-off by Lee wanted a "Lee Peppers" cue.

Just a hypothetical example, if you ordered a Southwest cue, paid-in-full for it, then they went belly-up, would you want them to sell all their machinery to a cue maker named Jeremy, and have Jeremy build you the cue for the cost of a Southwest??? Not to mention having to pay Jeremy more money to finish it???

I don't think so.

Maniac (but I guess a cue from Doug is a LOT better than having nothing at all)

Cornerman
09-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Not that it matter nor does it have much to do with the meat of this thread, but every time I read the title, I think it says "Stuffed by Lee Peppers."

And then I get all hungry.

Freddie <~~~ off to the grocery store

whammo57
09-19-2013, 01:03 PM

The ultimate escape.... if it's any consolation..... he couldn't take it with him....

LOL
LOL

Kim

maha
09-19-2013, 01:10 PM
if doug bought cues that were in transition they were not his to buy or lees to sell. they belong to the customer that paid for them. so he should either send out to the customer what was worked on and or offer to finish to his ability for an agreed price.
doing that makes him legitimate and gets new customers from AZ

i was one of lees first customers and he did keep his word, although didnt do high quality work but acceptable for a new cuemaker. he obviously got behind on bills and sick and realized he couldnt finish and needed money so used the customers money for his personal. problems. now he doesnt seem to want to repay as he is out of the business. so it is off to the courts to decide. or forget it and move on for giving too much down payment.

dom_poppa
09-19-2013, 01:12 PM
I think if he declared bankruptcy, there is nothing you guys can do.

maha
09-19-2013, 01:14 PM
i think we need a thread that gets bumped that merely states what cue makers are on time and which are having problems without letting it denigrate into a bashing thread. this way customers can make informed decisions and if one goes under he doesnt get to take the whole community with him.

keeping the thread matter of fact with no glossing of makers and knocking just the facts or have the post deleted.

cuesblues
09-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Not that it matter nor does it have much to do with the meat of this thread, but every time I read the title, I think it says "Stuffed by Lee Peppers."

And then I get all hungry.

Freddie <~~~ off to the grocery store

My mother used to make an extra batch just for me to take home, and they were delicious.
I won't allow the cue assembling raffle-con Lee Pepper to tarnish the memory of my mother's stuffed peppers.
Now it's personal

Kim Bye
10-09-2013, 04:17 AM
Some interesting development in this case:
Dakraljic who is now banned just sent me an email. He contacted Lee peppers posing as a potential customer wanting to spend $1800 on a cue.
Well Lee took the bait and answered Dakraljic pretty fast, telling him that for $1800 he could indeed make him a cue...

For me this is the last piece of evidence i need against Lee Peppers. He is a fraudster and obviously not as sick as he has been letting on in his: Statement from LP custom thread.

The total is now around $7000, wich might be serious enough for the legal system to get involved, the problem is that I am not an American citizen and it is not practical for me to file this complaint.
If some of you have been scammed, does live in the US and even better in the same state or atleast close to Lee Peppers it would be great if you filed this complaint on our behalf.
I still have the emails between myself and Lee and the paypal reciept, i assume that is the case with the others who have been scammed too.

Kim

cuesblues
10-09-2013, 04:44 AM
Some interesting development in this case:
Dakraljic who is now banned just sent me an email. He contacted Lee peppers posing as a potential customer wanting to spend $1800 on a cue.
Well Lee took the bait and answered Dakraljic pretty fast, telling him that for $1800 he could indeed make him a cue...

For me this is the last piece of evidence i need against Lee Peppers. He is a fraudster and obviously not as sick as he has been letting on in his: Statement from LP custom thread.

The total is now around $7000, wich might be serious enough for the legal system to get involved, the problem is that I am not an American citizen and it is not practical for me to file this complaint.
If some of you have been scammed, does live in the US and even better in the same state or atleast close to Lee Peppers it would be great if you filed this complaint on our behalf.
I still have the emails between myself and Lee and the paypal reciept, i assume that is the case with the others who have been scammed too.

Kim

Lee "Never Too Dead To Steal" Pepper is obviously not that dead.
Let hear it from his cronies again, and maybe if we play it backwards it will have a different meaning.