PDA

View Full Version : Hijack a pool thread

Lonestar_jim
09-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Why do so many members here start crap in a thread that has nothing to do with them and it is simply a cut and paste of the last flame war from the previous hijacked thread?

And would the usual suspects care to chime in without flaming each other?

:banghead:

MahnaMahna
09-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Hello, welcome to the internet.

prewarhero
09-16-2013, 09:07 PM
Why do so many members here start crap in a thread that has nothing to do with them and it is simply a cut and paste of the last flame war from the previous hijacked thread?

I hereby claim this thread in the name of bonus ball. (Insert rant here)

Toncam
09-16-2013, 09:15 PM

Impossible, cannot be done under any circumstances.

cuesblues
09-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Why do so many members here start crap in a thread that has nothing to do with them

If these people couldn't start flame wars they would go the pool hall and shoot the place up.
Countless poolplayers have had their lives spared because of this forum.

backplaying
09-16-2013, 09:37 PM
Speaking of coffee. I have went to Red Diamond and think its much better than Folgers or Maxwell House!

CJ Wiley
09-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Speaking of coffee. I have went to Red Diamond and think its much better than Folgers or Maxwell House!

I heard Mrs Olsen could beat Jean Balukas because she perfected the touch of inside coffee technique.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-l2C8nYmCV0/Rb1iColQ2oI/AAAAAAAAABY/nojGyM_CPS0/s400/Folgers.jpg

ENGLISH!
09-16-2013, 10:36 PM

I'll just make this post so perhaps you can see.

Some disputes go back for nearly a year or maybe more.

I could perhaps put an end to a few future derailments if I could force myself to knuckle under & do what a few bullies want me to do.

But that would not be honest so I will not be doing it.

Take a look at a couple of the last ones & see who initiates the derailing actions.

Sometimes it is not so obvious but with a little 'history' knowledge or hindsight it should be apparent.

Now this thread will not be derailed as it is the topic at hand.

So you have basically created a no holds barred.

I won't be participating past this post even though I am fairly sure that many untruths & distortions & quotes out of context to twist the truth will be expressed.

Best Wishes to You,
Rick

336Robin
09-17-2013, 12:31 AM
I heard Mrs Olsen could beat Jean Balukas because she perfected the touch of inside coffee technique.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-l2C8nYmCV0/Rb1iColQ2oI/AAAAAAAAABY/nojGyM_CPS0/s400/Folgers.jpg

I think the best way to recruit New Players to the sport is first apply the Touch of Inside Coffee Technique then stand on you head in front of the pool room and flail your legs wildly....works every time.

Lonestar_jim
09-17-2013, 06:11 AM
Impossible, cannot be done under any circumstances.

Maybe you're wrong or they haven't replied in flame fashion yet because it's too early.

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2

Lonestar_jim
09-17-2013, 06:17 AM
I believe I was a participant in the coffee derail thread as well. It seemed like the hijack had merit, regardless of whether the insulated party was innocent or not. No one wants to stand before an internet court. Maybe I should derail the "man" thread with a shot of espresso.

I didn't know Mrs. Olson had been touched there in many years. :eek:

JAM
09-17-2013, 06:17 AM

Pleasant Morning Buzz is *THE* best coffee on the planet, bar none. :cool:

desi2960
09-17-2013, 06:31 AM
do anyone of you know when the next star wars movie will be out, can't wait

JAM
09-17-2013, 06:36 AM
do anyone of you know when the next star wars movie will be out, can't wait

Gosh, I sure don't.

I've been hooked on HBO's Boardwalk since it came back on the air for the new season. Michael Shannon is a strange bird. I saw him in another movie, "Chrystal," in which he played a completely different character. He also made an appearance on the Jimmy Fallen Show. He's so unusual.

Somebody on AzB suggested I watch the movie "13," which features Michael Shannon, so I did.

Man, that was one strange movie. I mean really, really strange. :eek:

voiceofreason
09-17-2013, 06:36 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/445e9e3e26ccdf8ce9380658f044e3fa/tumblr_mky23oiTiz1rblqp8o1_250.gif

Island Drive
09-17-2013, 06:40 AM

I look at it as those people in the pool room you'd never socialize with or even consider becoming friends with because their character and their ways are not appreciated in life pretty much anywhere, so they come here to talk because NO ONE ELSE will give em the time of day.

Lonestar_jim
09-17-2013, 07:17 AM
I look at it as those people in the pool room you'd never socialize with or even consider becoming friends with because their character and their ways are not appreciated in life pretty much anywhere, so they come here to talk because NO ONE ELSE will give em the time of day.

I hope it isn't as you describe.

Folks do tend to clear a room quite effectively when they open their mouth.

I think a slight majority of the daily posters on this forum belong here and the other 49% need a governor installed on their carburetor.:thumbup:

Lonestar_jim
09-17-2013, 07:30 AM

Sounds a lot like your name on here:

Great coffee, but he's not really at the retail level at all.

sfleinen
09-17-2013, 07:33 AM

For a store-bought brand, it sure is good. Certainly beats "Folgers" and "Maxwell House." (Heck, even Chock Full O' Nuts beats them two.)

But hey, when the rest of the country thinks Olive Garden is "good Italian food," you have to reset your expectations that people know good coffee or food when they experience it. ;)

-Sean

Tramp Steamer
09-17-2013, 07:36 AM

By-the-way, has anyone heard anything about Gabe Owen, lately? :smile:

CreeDo
09-17-2013, 07:39 AM
Some guys have not learned to Let It Go™.

It's a major attitude adjustment that is wonderful when it finally sinks in.
It took me years to discover it. When I did, it was like... not giving a shit, but in a positive way.
Not caring that someone was wrong on the internet (http://xkcd.com/386/). Not caring that they refuse to
acknowledge my valid points, or just see reason. Being able to shrug when they act like a smug asshοle,
and walk away when they toss some little potshot.

For some people, it will always feel like losing and failure to allow someone to get the last word,
to be wrong (or differently-right), or to let some tiny insult slide. They just automatically react with
little voluntary thought. Like someone lobs a grenade at them and says "catch!" and they just reach out
instead of running the other direction.

I feel sorry for people living with this damaged mindset, they don't realize how much it lowers their
quality of life away from the keyboard.

Tramp Steamer
09-17-2013, 07:57 AM
By-the-way, has anyone heard anything about Gabe Owen, lately? :smile:

Nope? Hmmm. :)

pooladdiction
09-17-2013, 08:01 AM
Is bonus ball coming back??!!

JAM
09-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Some guys have not learned to Let It Go™.

It's a major attitude adjustment that is wonderful when it finally sinks in.
It took me years to discover it. When I did, it was like... not giving a shit, but in a positive way.
Not caring that someone was wrong on the internet (http://xkcd.com/386/). Not caring that they refuse to
acknowledge my valid points, or just see reason. Being able to shrug when they act like a smug asshοle,
and walk away when they toss some little potshot.

For some people, it will always feel like losing and failure to allow someone to get the last word,
to be wrong (or differently-right), or to let some tiny insult slide. They just automatically react with
little voluntary thought. Like someone lobs a grenade at them and says "catch!" and they just reach out
instead of running the other direction.

I feel sorry for people living with this damaged mindset, they don't realize how much it lowers their

Excellent words of wisdom. :)

Have to spread some more green around before I can rep you again. :wink:

BTW, recognizing banned members, multiple identities, and trolls is also something one should take into consideration before replying.

CreeDo
09-17-2013, 02:27 PM
Excellent words of wisdom. :)

Have to spread some more green around before I can rep you again. :wink:

BTW, recognizing banned members, multiple identities, and trolls is also something one should take into consideration before replying.

Thanks Jam ^^.

I think you're right, I feel like our mods could help fix some of these ongoing
pissing contests and grudge hijackings, and also spot the various multiple accounts
who have sprung up. Wilson and other will ban pretty freely but must be manually alerted,
I don't think they're reading most posts every day.

row21097
09-17-2013, 02:42 PM
I walked into my pantry the other day and it occurred to me this was everything and old monkey like me could ask for.

Tony_in_MD
09-17-2013, 02:44 PM
I like the Walmart brand of coffee myself.

For a store-bought brand, it sure is good. Certainly beats "Folgers" and "Maxwell House." (Heck, even Chock Full O' Nuts beats them two.)

But hey, when the rest of the country thinks Olive Garden is "good Italian food," you have to reset your expectations that people know good coffee or food when they experience it. ;)

-Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Tony_in_MD
09-17-2013, 02:51 PM

I believe some define their life with the keyboard. You know the type who are online 8 to 15 hours a day. It is like a drug and they have to get a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

CJ Wiley
09-17-2013, 07:24 PM
I think the best way to recruit New Players to the sport is first apply the Touch of Inside Coffee Technique then stand on you head in front of the pool room and flail your legs wildly....works every time.

Never underestimate the "Touch of Inside" Coffee Technique (TOICT), it's one of the secrets of the Kahuna Indian......they used Kona Coffee for the most intense training.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/13/3b/96/133b961e4b00192db5608ec64acfb906.jpg

Lonestar_jim
09-18-2013, 11:36 PM
I walked into my pantry the other day and it occurred to me this was everything and old monkey like me could ask for.

Try putting a shot of vodka in a cup of via. You may quit them both!

Johnnyt
09-19-2013, 04:31 AM
Give me Kona coffee any day. Johnnyt

dorabelle
09-19-2013, 04:36 AM
Coffee is so bad for you.
Coffee makes people crazy.

336Robin
09-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Never underestimate the "Touch of Inside" Coffee Technique (TOICT), it's one of the secrets of the Kahuna Indian......they used Kona Coffee for the most intense training.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/13/3b/96/133b961e4b00192db5608ec64acfb906.jpg

Well my parents went to Hawaii and brought some back and gave me a couple pounds so I take it work.....and I was somewhere there wasn't a pot so I make shifted a pot out of Styrofoam cups, a filter and hot water from a hot shot heater. I was working the floor with particularly culinary young lady so we made the coffee together and we get this coffee made together and we sit back to enjoy. She took a drink of that heavenly brew about the same time as me and she looks over at me and says....boy I just became your Coffee Ho....Well the touch of Inside Coffee Technique found a home! Been a fan ever since Kona! Kona!

Now what's this about an Indian? lmao!

CJ Wiley
09-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Coffee is so bad for you.
Coffee makes people crazy.

Are you sure you're not talking about coffee colonics?

http://ak-static.scoopon.com.au/scpn/deals/main/36000/36659_1.jpg

Lonestar_jim
09-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Definitely TOI.:eek:

CJ Wiley
09-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Definitely TOI.:eek:

Touch of Insides? :rotflmao1:

RPope
09-20-2013, 02:35 PM
I hear that coffee fertilized with panda dung is quite delicious.

~Pope

alphadog
09-20-2013, 02:37 PM
After a week in the hospital a man, who could only lie on his stomach,asked the nurse
for coffee.She siad let me check with the doctor.
She returned and said you can have only 1 cup.Since you have to stay on yous stomach
we are going to give you a 1 cup enema.
As the coffee enema starts,the man yells stop. The concerned nurse asks is it to hot?
No the man replies,you must have forgot the sugar,it isnt sweet enough.:grin-square:

LuckyStroke
09-20-2013, 03:17 PM
I hereby claim this thread in the name of bonus ball. (Insert rant here)

I dispute your claim and claim this thread in the name of uhh…uhh…a bad deal.…uhh…with uhh…YOU!!! You have my cuecasepaypalcreditcardinncorrectshippingdamaged… aw hell I don't have the energy

pt109
09-20-2013, 06:21 PM
I went to the 'test' forum....
...they gave me an F....:angry::embarrassed2::rolleyes:

YubaCushion
09-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Jamaican blue mountain coffee, the best.