PDA

View Full Version : My positive news has been released.

bfdlad
09-17-2013, 09:46 AM
This is going to help me do more positive things for the game of pool, not only do I get to do what I have already been doing but I get to work with the future of pool and juniors coming up. This is already making me busier than ever but I al loving every minute of it. Check it out.

http://www.str8-shots.com/mark-cantrill-joins-str8-shots/

JAM
09-17-2013, 09:53 AM
This is going to help me do more positive things for the game of pool, not only do I get to do what I have already been doing but I get to work with the future of pool and juniors coming up. This is already making me busier than ever but I al loving every minute of it. Check it out.

Congratulations, Mark! This looks very exciting! :clapping::clapping::happydance::happydance:

That is uncanny the similarity of names: Mark Griffin (BCAPL/CS) and Marc Griffiths (Str8 Shots), and then your name is Mark too. :grin-square:

justadub
09-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Very cool, Mark.

Congrats

bfdlad
09-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Congratulations, Mark! This looks very exciting! :clapping::clapping::happydance::happydance:

That is uncanny the similarity of names: Mark Griffin (BCAPL/CS) and Marc Griffiths (Str8 Shots), and then your name is Mark too. :grin-square:

I think that its just that everyone is trying to make their MARK on the industry :)

Quesports
09-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Yes, Congratulations! Best Wishes for a successful and fulfilling future for you and pool! Lord knows we need as much good news as we can get..

oldzilla
09-17-2013, 10:07 AM

Positive , INDEED !!!

:groucho:

Johnnyt
09-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Congrats Mark. Looking forward to all the good things coming. Johnnyt

stljohnny
09-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Super awesome!!! Can't wait to see what the future holds! :) :)

bfdlad
09-17-2013, 02:42 PM

Hope So JAM

fathomblue
09-17-2013, 02:45 PM

Soooooo, you're sayin' that if I change my first name to Mark (or at least close to it), I can finally get a great gig in the industry?

I'll be your huckleberry! Or should I say "markleberry"? :grin:

pool101
09-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Good news Mark! If I can help let me know.
Mark

KoolKat9Lives
09-17-2013, 02:56 PM

It took me a couple years to differentiate between the internet Marks. But once you speak with Mark C, well, let's just say English TWheels is a bit different than most. Crazier and funnier than all get out. In a good way! Best of rolls on your new venture Mark!

Blue Hog ridr
09-17-2013, 03:47 PM
Congratulations Mark. All that hard work and time has paid off. Now you can make the rest work for you.

You know what THEY say. "THEY" are always soooo smart. Opportunities don't disappear, they just go to someone else. This is your time.

So whats first on the agenda. Extended hours for Happy Hour and cheaper beer prices?

See, I'd make a lousy pool rep but a better liquor rep.

Tramp Steamer
09-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Excellent! Keep up the good work. :)

bfdlad
09-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Congratulations Mark. All that hard work and time has paid off. Now you can make the rest work for you.

You know what THEY say. "THEY" are always soooo smart. Opportunities don't disappear, they just go to someone else. This is your time.

So whats first on the agenda. Extended hours for Happy Hour and cheaper beer prices?

See, I'd make a lousy pool rep but a better liquor rep.

Holy Crap, you called it, we must have a leak in the ranks :) Thanks man I can't help but think Chili Cookoff :)

Blue Hog ridr
09-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Somehow I figure that the idea of a Chili Cook Off isn't dead just quite yet. I am sure that you will figure a way to incorporate that into the new years agenda.

But, its blasphemy to have a Chili contest sans beer.

PINKLADY
09-18-2013, 06:15 AM
!! CONGRATS !!

but more importantly - if you serve your "special" chili before the matches, it'll make for better entertainment....

bfdlad
09-18-2013, 10:37 AM
Not sure why I brought up the Chili Cookoff it was staring to go away :)

Mr. Bond
09-18-2013, 10:41 AM
It's too bad you don't live closer mark, my cookoff is coming up real soon!
But then again, I'm guessing you get enough heat down there as it is :cool:

ENGLISH!
09-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Congratulations!

When can I win my next free feed of this time CJ playing Buddy Hall or Mike Sigel, or the top Young Gun playing SVB, with a spot of course.

Just kidding.

Congratulatons again & Best Wishes,
Rick

PINKLADY
09-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Not sure why I brought up the Chili Cookoff it was starting to go away :)

cause you knew i would, if you didn't! we are NEVER going to let you live it down. just wait till you're rich & famous - and we disclose your infamous archived thread!

:smile:

Blue Hog ridr
09-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Mark, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the Chili Cook Off idea.

Now with your new job, it may be easier to incorporate it into your yearly agenda.

There is nothing wrong with coming up with new ways to promote the game of pool.

You have a pocketful of ideas, try one and if it doesn't fly, you reach in and grab another idea.

Just because one idea doesn't work doesn't mean it was a bad idea. Maybe just bad timing etc.

Maybe you can have a Chili Cook Off along side a pool tournament where some or all of the proceeds go to a worth while charity in the area.

This way, the players are competing at the table and in the kitchen. Spectators buy the chili and the proceeds help someone. It is also another way to get a designated
charity involved with coming out to a pool hall.

It gets a bit more exposure and hopefully everyone wins a little.

There is always more than one way to skin a cat. Now that you are in the position that you are in, you have the ability to make things fly a little easier.
Just reach in the old bag of tricks and pull something out.

PINKLADY
09-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Mark, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the Chili Cook Off idea.

Now with your new job, it may be easier to incorporate it into your yearly agenda.

There is nothing wrong with coming up with new ways to promote the game of pool.

You have a pocketful of ideas, try one and if it doesn't fly, you reach in and grab another idea.

Just because one idea doesn't work doesn't mean it was a bad idea. Maybe just bad timing etc.

Maybe you can have a Chili Cook Off along side a pool tournament where some or all of the proceeds go to a worth while charity in the area.

This way, the players are competing at the table and in the kitchen. Spectators buy the chili and the proceeds help someone. It is also another way to get a designated
charity involved with coming out to a pool hall.

It gets a bit more exposure and hopefully everyone wins a little.

There is always more than one way to skin a cat. Now that you are in the position that you are in, you have the ability to make things fly a little easier.
Just reach in the old bag of tricks and pull something out.

are you encouraging him w/ his chili cookoff?

i'm kidding, and Mark knows it. ;)

BHR - great ideas! and great support! anything's possible!

sjm
09-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Congratulations and good luck in making the most of this opportunity.