PDA

View Full Version : Player From Croatia At The Cup

Johnnyt
09-17-2013, 03:39 PM
The older one of the pair took a dozen strokes with his cue before he hit even a 4' shot and boy was it a wobbly stoke. Johnnyt

dakraljic
09-17-2013, 03:46 PM
What guy from Croati???Do you know his name since I am from Croatia myself and there are no so many players overhere so I should know him.What did he actually do???
Davor
:smile::smile::smile:

voiceofreason
09-17-2013, 03:47 PM
First time on TV, first time at the finals, first time representing your country...

Pick your reason...

voiceofreason
09-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Hrvatska Stranka Prava!

DaveK
09-17-2013, 03:50 PM
The older one of the pair took a dozen strokes with his cue before he hit even a 4' shot and boy was it a wobbly stoke. Johnnyt

A 4 foot shot is not that trivial.

Dave

NYC cue dude
09-17-2013, 03:52 PM
A snooker convert. Stance, stroke, the way he lined up over the shot, all tell tale signs of a snooker player.

sjm
09-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Ivika Putnik was his name, I seem to recall, and yes, he sure was slow.

pro9dg
09-17-2013, 03:59 PM
His name is IVICA Putnik.
He is a monster player for THE CASH.

fathomblue
09-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Ivika Putnik was his name, I seem to recall, and yes, he sure was slow.

Ivica Putnik is actually how it's spelled, tho I didn't see the player that you're referring to.

He's a slow, methodical player, so that fits the profile of who you're talking about. Ivica is from Croatia.

Very tall, lean and lanky. I'd say, maybe 6'5" or in that neighborhood. I'm only 5'5" or thereabouts, so once someone gets over 6', they all look alike to me. :rolleyes:

He has a very long, drawn out break shot. I timed it and it took about 28 seconds every time. Almost to the absolute second. He can absolutely OBLITERATE the rack, but had a hard time keeping it on the table or avoiding a scratch in the side. After that, he could play pretty strong.

Watched him match up with Richie Richeson in the Tunica action room, so with a lot of people watching that, he's a known quantity among the action players.

Don't want to knock his action, so that's all I'll say. He's no SVB. He's no banger.

P.S. I talked to him at length in Tunica on a couple of occasions and he's EXTREMELY NICE, despite his intimidating look. Actually very approachable. One thing I remember him saying is that.....in 5 years or so, we should be looking to Poland, for a contingent of young, strong players to hit the scene. He claimed that there were already 4-5 Polish youths in the pool programs over there, in the 14-18 year old range, that could have finished in the top 16 at the Southern Classic for 9B. :eek: