PDA

View Full Version : Owning A Pool Table

Davey
03-26-2003, 12:13 AM
Once again I'm wondering if you people can help me out. Is it a good idea for a person who is into pool get a pool table? I have a friend over here that has been playing for about 15 years and he has never owned a pool table. He said it was cause he was scared that if he got a pool table that he would get tired of the sport or bored of it. Any of you think this is right or...does having a pool table lengthen the experience of the sport?

Beavis
03-26-2003, 12:59 AM
If playing too much pool is a problem, he could always take a break. Having your own table is a great idea.

Hogman
03-26-2003, 08:20 AM
I have a pool table and I think its great. I also still go out to play, but the ability to try something new or practice whenever you want in your own home is great. You might get bored playing by yourself or practicing but you will never get bored playing other people.

Davey
03-26-2003, 09:03 PM
More opinions!! :D lol

Beavis
03-27-2003, 12:11 AM
Davey,

I know several Pros / Florida tour players, and they almost all have tables at home. Or a room they play free in. Time on the table will almost always pay off.

If theres room, you got the dough, get a table. You wont be sorry... till its time to move.

cheesemouse
03-28-2003, 08:58 AM
Davey,

Get the table and experience that warm fuzzy feeling...;) ;)

joe666
03-28-2003, 09:31 AM
I just got my tax return back.
I'm going table shopping this weekend!!

ceebee
03-29-2003, 10:38 AM
owning a Pool Table & using it is extremely valuable in learning to play the game well. Having your friends come by & play Pool is very nice indeed. I would do 2 things before buying a table. Make sure you have room for the right size Pool table & buy the kind of Pool Table that matches the Tables you compete on. If you play on several kinds, maybe an 8 Footer (nominal size for the 9-8-7 foot sized tabels) with some 860 Simonis & shimmed pockets will keep you fine tuned for most environments.
Don't buy CHEAP.. you won't be able to transfer your playing from a CHEAP BOUNCY Table to a good commercial Table.