PDA

View Full Version : my dvd of 245 with commentary

john schmidt
06-14-2006, 12:47 PM
I just got dvds made of me running 245 on 4.5 inch pockets .Ithen put commentary with it to explain my thoughts.I think people will find it useful for improvement and fun to watch.since i had no experience doing something like this im happy with how it turned out.the price is 35 dollars which includes shipping currently available in the U.S. only. if interested please send check or money order to the following address:
John Schmidt
7333 pine forest rd lot 37 pensacola fl 32526

Andrew Manning
06-14-2006, 01:07 PM
That sounds like it would be both entertaining and educational. I can't buy one right now because I'm moving shortly and sort of holding my breath to make sure all the checks clear for costs associated with that.

But once you sell out these 30, I'd suggest you make a bunch more copies and keep taking orders. I'll buy one from your next batch if you make one. If I ever ran 245 on tight equipment, I know I'd want to make some profit from it!!!

-Andrew

9BallBust-O
06-14-2006, 01:13 PM
John Schmidt -

I left you a message on ur phone .... plus sent you a PM.

Andrew Manning
06-14-2006, 01:19 PM
For that matter you should send one to Billy Incardona. I recently borrowed from a friend accu-stats' video of a Sigel-Varner match from the 2000 US Open 14.1. I guess Sigel had taken some time off the game at that point, and had played you in his first match of the tournament, and the match I was watching was his second.

Anyway, Incardona kept talking about how the Varner match was his first real test in a long time, pointing out that although he had played a match before it, "John Schmidt is not exactly a household name", and "playing a Nick Varner is a much better test of his best 14.1 game than playing against a John Schmidt".

Now I was watching this in 2006, knowing that you've run over 400 balls, and that nobody is the favorite against you when you're playing your best straight pool, and wondering whether Billy remembers saying that. I think it would be funny if you sent him a 245-ball run on tough equipment from "some unknown kid named John Schmidt".

-Andrew

Samiel
06-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Great! This would definitely be something I'd be interested in. Money orders only?

bruin70
06-14-2006, 02:01 PM
say,,,,after you guyz buy one, give us a review :):):)

rackmsuckr
06-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Hi John,

You might want to bring some to the IPT next month. I for sure will buy one and I'll pay you cash there. Now if you could do a video on how to run 245 racks of 8 ball in a row. :rolleyes: :p

Leil gay
06-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Congatulations on getting it on tape, i tried in Akron for hours and just ran alot of 60s, 70s, 80s now people can buy the highest run ever taped that's171/2 racks way to go John!!!

StevenPWaldon
06-14-2006, 03:12 PM
I'll take one. I also sent a PM. I'll send out a money order tomorrow morning.

SW

Marop
06-14-2006, 03:26 PM
say,,,,after you guyz buy one, give us a review :):):)

Got mine directly from John this past weekend at Jakes in Pasadena. Very entertaining and informative, a must have if your a 14.1 player/fan. 245 on tighter pockets than the World Championships in less time than Hohman ran 174.

StevenPWaldon
06-14-2006, 04:09 PM
World Championships had 4.5" pockets as well.

Got mine directly from John this past weekend at Jakes in Pasadena. Very entertaining and informative, a must have if your a 14.1 player/fan. 245 on tighter pockets than the World Championships in less time than Hohman ran 174.

dmgwalsh
06-14-2006, 08:41 PM
sent you a pm. I'm in.

Jerry OC
06-14-2006, 09:06 PM
pm sent....

ShootingArts
06-14-2006, 09:34 PM
John,

Sent you a PM with a question.

Thanks,
Hu

sprons
06-15-2006, 07:33 AM
does anybody know how to send a money order from europe? i'm not familiar with this payment method, but I would like a dvd

JDog_1
06-15-2006, 08:04 AM
John,
You should try to post a sample clip of a few minutes on youtube so people can get an idea of the quality before shelling out the $35. I'm sure some of the resident computer nerds on AZB could help you do that.
J

dmgwalsh
06-15-2006, 08:21 AM
John,
You should try to post a sample clip of a few minutes on youtube so people can get an idea of the quality before shelling out the $35. I'm sure some of the resident computer nerds on AZB could help you do that.
J

I, for one don't need a sample.

John Schmidt running 245 is enough for me. The commentary is icing on the cake.

Williebetmore
06-15-2006, 08:36 AM
I, for one don't need a sample.

John Schmidt running 245 is enough for me. The commentary is icing on the cake.

Well, it's easy to see who the straight pool fanatics on the board are.

I'm with DMG. If the commentary had no video, and was accompanied only by stick figure/crayon drawings, then DMG and myself would still be on board.

To the non-fanatics, I can only say, "straight pool nuggets are precious and few, you'd better pick them up if you see them lying on the ground." You DO NOT say, "damn, that nugget looks a little dirty, I think I'll leave it lying there on the ground."

john schmidt
06-15-2006, 10:41 AM
i am flattered that people want to see the video and thanks for the kind words. its not accu stat quality but the camera is at a good angle and you can see and hear me great so i think its useful.i would love to show a sample but i have no idea how . maybe someone would give me advice.

TannerPruess
06-15-2006, 10:46 AM
i am flattered that people want to see the video and thanks for the kind words. its not accu stat quality but the camera is at a good angle and you can see and hear me great so i think its useful.i would love to show a sample but i have no idea how . maybe someone would give me advice.
Send me 12 free copies and I will upload a sample on the computer. Just kidding!

Do you have the video on your computer so you can use some video editing program to cut out a clip?

frankncali
06-15-2006, 11:04 AM
I will take one.

Are you still in SoCal? If so maybe I can just see you somewhere out here.
If not I will send a money order.

I will send a PM to you as well
Frank

nrsnyder
06-15-2006, 11:06 AM
John,
I sent my money order out today. Looking forward to it.

Timberly
06-21-2006, 10:29 AM
does anybody know how to send a money order from europe? i'm not familiar with this payment method, but I would like a dvd

the price is 35 dollars which includes shipping currently available in the U.S. only. if interested please send check or money order to the following address:
John Schmidt
5633 Trevino Dr.
Milton, FL 32570

John, I didn't see this post until Shane posted his comments thread... I just wanted to say Congrats on this accomplishment, job well done! I can't wait to see it! :)

akaTrigger
06-21-2006, 11:47 AM
I just got dvds made of me running 245 on 4.5 inch pockets .Ithen put commentary with it to explain my thoughts.I think people will find it useful for improvement and fun to watch.since i had no experience doing something like this im happy with how it turned out.the price is 35 dollars which includes shipping currently available in the U.S. only. if interested please send check or money order to the following address:
John Schmidt
5633 Trevino Dr.
Milton, FL 32570

Hi John,

I literally just started playing straight pool (only had 3 practice sessions). I'd love to see this DVD, however, I just saw this thread (and the review from Shane). Do you have some copies left so I can order one?

Thanks,
Melinda

SpeedStar
06-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi John, this sounds great. Do you have Paypal by any chance?

Cuebacca
02-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Mr. 400.... I was going to order one of these online, but then I thought maybe you make more off it when we order straight from you. If so, is the info below still current?

the price is 35 dollars which includes shipping currently available in the U.S. only. if interested please send check or money order to the following address:
John Schmidt
5633 Trevino Dr.
Milton, FL 32570

MexPoolPlyr
02-24-2007, 03:13 AM
Got my copy from Platinum Billiards 2 days ago. Great service BTW. Awesome tape. Highly recommended. Already noticed improvement. Thx John. Oscar Dominguez

Hal
02-24-2007, 04:56 AM
You will need to purchase an international money order at your post office.

I bought my dvd from a fellow Az'er. I haven't watched it yet but plan to soon.

COLLECTION GURU
03-09-2007, 08:46 PM
John Schmidt
5633 Trevino Dr.
Milton, FL 32570

I HAVE PURCHASED 2 COPIES OF THE DVD AS WELL AS MR. SCHMIDT RUNNING 100+ AT THE DERBY CITY CLASSIC THIS YEAR. BOTH OF THEM ARE WELL WORTH THE MONEY AS UNLESS YOUR NAME IS WILLIE, YOU WILL LEARN SOMETHING.

I AM LEAD TO BELIEVE THAT MUCH OF JOHN'S TALENT CAME FROM THE STRICT WORM DIET DANNY D. PUT HIM ON TO IMPROVE HIS EYESIGHT.

nmihiylov
03-12-2007, 06:35 PM
All;
If you haven't purchased this DVD do so. I purchased mine shortly after last year's Straight Pool Tournament in New Jersey, and I found it extremely interesting and learned a lot about "strategy" and shot selection from it.

The DVD is well worth the price and I would highly recommend this for players at all skill levels.

If you are more interested in learning about straight pool than in a professionally filmed video...this is the DVD for you. This was filmed by John using a video camera set from a some-what overhead field of vision. There is only one little bad spot in the DVD where there must have been a little electrical interference. This in no way detracts from the content or enjoyment of this DVD.

Great Job John, and what a spectacular run!

nick

COLLECTION GURU
03-12-2007, 07:38 PM
While you don't know me, i am a guru. (self proclaimed) I bought 2 copies of the tape and the quality is quite good; 1 or 2 blips but if you want to see movie quality, go see Color of Money. If you want to watch straight pool and learn, buy the dvd.

JimS
03-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Got my copy of this dvd today and had time to watch only bits & pcs but it looks to be very good. I'm sure I'll get many hours of good study from watching John.

Somebody help him get set up with a paypal account.

COLLECTION GURU
03-13-2007, 10:21 PM
I HAVE PURCHASED 2 COPIES OF THE DVD AS WELL AS MR. SCHMIDT RUNNING 100+ AT THE DERBY CITY CLASSIC THIS YEAR. BOTH OF THEM ARE WELL WORTH THE MONEY AS UNLESS YOUR NAME IS WILLIE, YOU WILL LEARN SOMETHING.

I AM LEAD TO BELIEVE THAT MUCH OF JOHN'S TALENT CAME FROM THE STRICT WORM DIET DANNY D. PUT HIM ON TO IMPROVE HIS EYESIGHT.

Do you people read these things? John, can you elaborate on the worm diet that Efron uses taught by Danny? Does it help both eyes or just the dominant eye? Do you put anything on them like mustard, hot sauce, ketchup, etc.?

How much did you improve after beginning this program?

Andrew Manning
03-14-2007, 05:23 AM
Do you people read these things? John, can you elaborate on the worm diet that Efron uses taught by Danny? Does it help both eyes or just the dominant eye? Do you put anything on them like mustard, hot sauce, ketchup, etc.?

How much did you improve after beginning this program?

Are you serious? Here, maybe this will help, culinarily speaking:

http://www.amazon.com/How-Fried-Worms-Thomas-Rockwell/dp/0440421853/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/102-8746243-8475352?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173874909&sr=8-2

:rolleyes:

-Andrew

jdr
04-11-2007, 09:09 AM
I just got my DVD yesterday and watched it as soon as I got home. Like everybody else on the board has said, if you don't have this DVD, you need to order it. John gives great commentary and has some interesting insights (i.e. like that straight pool can put the pressure on, even when you are playing by yourself.)

I think it's one of those things that straight pool beginners like me need to watch 20 times just to learn half the things that can be learned from this video. (And, unlike Pool Hall Junkies, I can probably watch 20 times, no problem.)

mnorwood
04-11-2007, 02:57 PM
I bought it months ago. Have watched and learned alot from it. Everyone who enjoys straight pool needs to "BUY" the dvd not copy it. If john makes some money maybe he would have an incentive to make more videos. If I see it on youtube I will do what I can to have it pulled.

To john thanks for the dvd.

Regards,
Marcus Norwood

COLLECTION GURU
04-14-2007, 06:52 PM
For that matter you should send one to Billy Incardona. I recently borrowed from a friend accu-stats' video of a Sigel-Varner match from the 2000 US Open 14.1. I guess Sigel had taken some time off the game at that point, and had played you in his first match of the tournament, and the match I was watching was his second.

Anyway, Incardona kept talking about how the Varner match was his first real test in a long time, pointing out that although he had played a match before it, "John Schmidt is not exactly a household name", and "playing a Nick Varner is a much better test of his best 14.1 game than playing against a John Schmidt".

Now I was watching this in 2006, knowing that you've run over 400 balls, and that nobody is the favorite against you when you're playing your best straight pool, and wondering whether Billy remembers saying that. I think it would be funny if you sent him a 245-ball run on tough equipment from "some unknown kid named John Schmidt".

Andrew:

Spot on: It was the following match when i heard Sigel bad mouth John that prompted me to buy the Sigel/Schmidt tape. While both players played poorly for them, the slimy way Sigel badgered "Mr. 30 at the time" demonstrated why Sigel became a buddy with Trudeau. From that point on, I followed Mr.400's career and enjoy his talent and class. Look forward to meeting him at the BCA Vegas tourny.

BWP

-Andrew

botched this up

Irish634
04-18-2007, 01:39 PM
I sent the check for my copy last week. I am anxious to watch it and I am sure I'll learn a lot.

JIMMY L
04-18-2007, 09:23 PM
We would like to get a copy do you take paypal? Thanks

TheBook
04-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Bought the DVD direct for John. Could have got it cheaper??? Just wanted John to get all the money. Sent him a check. Few days later I got it. Finally played it after having a few weeks. Took it to a friends house to watch since he was laid up from a operation. Got to the 6th rack and it froze. My friend tried to get it playing but it wouldn't register. Got home and it seemed to play ok. He must have a cheap DVD player.

My only complaint is there is no index or menu. You have to FF to get to the place you want.

From what I have seen of it there are some good tips and advice. Some things that look like luck are very well planned out. Will also help in a close 8 ball rack.

Totally unrelated but was watching John in the Texas Hold Em Pool and couldn't believe that he missed that 9 to win it all.

Irish634
04-19-2007, 08:35 AM
We would like to get a copy do you take paypal? Thanks

PM John. From some of the posts in this thread, I don't think he does accept paypal.

jgpool
04-19-2007, 02:42 PM
I PM'd John the other day to see if the DVDs were still available. He said yes and gave me a different address from the one in the first post of this thread to mail the check to. I sent a check yesterday. Can't wait.:confused:

Irish634
04-24-2007, 07:04 AM
All;
If you haven't purchased this DVD do so. I purchased mine shortly after last year's Straight Pool Tournament in New Jersey, and I found it extremely interesting and learned a lot about "strategy" and shot selection from it.

The DVD is well worth the price and I would highly recommend this for players at all skill levels.

If you are more interested in learning about straight pool than in a professionally filmed video...this is the DVD for you. This was filmed by John using a video camera set from a some-what overhead field of vision. There is only one little bad spot in the DVD where there must have been a little electrical interference. This in no way detracts from the content or enjoyment of this DVD.

Great Job John, and what a spectacular run!

nick

Agreed. And could not have said it better myself.

John: Thanks for sharing your thoughts in the commentary and helping all of us learn about the game. You're right, the shot that ended it would have ticked me off too! LOL :D

Regards,
Craig

DavidHaynes
04-24-2007, 01:21 PM
I ordered the dvd last week and it arrived today.

Looking forward to watching it tonight.

thanks for making this available John.

David Haynes