PDA

View Full Version : 600k a month rent, but nice pool table

hang-the-9
01-11-2014, 07:21 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/31/5a/88/315a8884d3c24285bed7002260ac233a.jpg

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2013/02/godfather_horse_headjfk_honeymoon_house_renting_fo r_600k.php

Banks
01-11-2014, 07:30 PM
For that much, you'd think they would leave enough room between the table and fireplace.

hang-the-9
01-11-2014, 07:52 PM
I wonder why so many people here say that upper income people aren't interested in pool? Maybe because they don't know any upper income people?

I think they are more interested in owning a pool table than actually playing, pool table = affluence. It's like owning a horse or a $10,000 purse. No woman buys a purse over $50 because it's an amazing purse. They are bought because it's an amazing price and people will go "oooo wow you have an expensive purse".

A big pricy house is not completed without a pool table and a home theater room.

I was just shopping for a new car and drove a Camry, was as smooth as my wife's uncle's Lexus. Yet one is $10,000 more so it can be shown off hehe.
BTW, we ended up with an Accord, wife liked the Camry but I ended up talking her into the Accord (yay for me, it at least feels like a drivable car instead of driving a mattress that the Camry was).

hang-the-9
01-11-2014, 07:57 PM
For that much, you'd think they would leave enough room between the table and fireplace.

It comes with a special pool butler that puts out the fire each time you have to shoot from that end.

Johnnyt
01-11-2014, 08:47 PM
I wonder why so many people here say that upper income people aren't interested in pool? Maybe because they don't know any upper income people?

Years ago a lot of high income/rich people had pool table like that in their homes. Today...not so much. They are too busy on the go to waste their time playing pool for hours. time is money to them and they are smart enough to know there is no money in pool. Business deals are made on the golf course today...not over a pool table anymore. Johnnyt

ChicagoRJ
01-11-2014, 08:54 PM
I think they are more interested in owning a pool table than actually playing, pool table = affluence. It's like owning a horse or a $10,000 purse or an expensive cue. No woman buys a purse over $50 because it's an amazing purse. They are bought because it's an amazing price and people will go "oooo wow you have an expensive purse".

fixed that for ya :)

RussPrince
01-11-2014, 09:52 PM
well a house like that could prob accommodate 100 people, so for just 6K a person you could all party like kings for a month

pt109
01-11-2014, 11:48 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/31/5a/88/315a8884d3c24285bed7002260ac233a.jpg

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2013/02/godfather_horse_headjfk_honeymoon_house_renting_fo r_600k.php

The end rail near the fireplace is gonna bank different than the other end rail.
.....and the cues are going to dry out in that rack.

I worry about these things
:embarrassed2:

KCRack'em
01-12-2014, 12:20 AM
I wonder if they allow pets.

SCCues
01-12-2014, 04:55 AM
The end rail near the fireplace is gonna bank different than the other end rail.

If you can afford to live there, it's no big deal to them.

Black-Balled
01-12-2014, 07:01 AM
Years ago a lot of high income/rich people had pool table like that in their homes. Today...not so much. They are too busy on the go to waste their time playing pool for hours. time is money to them and they are smart enough to know there is no money in pool. Business deals are made on the golf course today...not over a pool table anymore. Johnnyt

I certainly am neither rich, nor do I live in a rich area, but when I have gone to my daughter's friend's birthday parties, I have been shocked by how many families around me have pool tables.

They don't care about 'pool', I am sure.

Kickin' Chicken
01-12-2014, 07:33 AM

turn the table 90 degrees (maybe the light, too), get the cue rack relocated away from the fireplace, maybe a small brass-colored wall hanging with a trident theme where the cue rack was.

that'll be $1250 for the consult, please. thank you.

best,
brian kc

Nostroke
01-12-2014, 07:39 AM

.............Ugly

doitforthegame
01-12-2014, 08:12 AM
I think they are more interested in owning a pool table than actually playing, pool table = affluence. It's like owning a horse or a $10,000 purse. No woman buys a purse over $50 because it's an amazing purse. They are bought because it's an amazing price and people will go "oooo wow you have an expensive purse".

A big pricy house is not completed without a pool table and a home theater room.

I was just shopping for a new car and drove a Camry, was as smooth as my wife's uncle's Lexus. Yet one is $10,000 more so it can be shown off hehe.
BTW, we ended up with an Accord, wife liked the Camry but I ended up talking her into the Accord (yay for me, it at least feels like a drivable car instead of driving a mattress that the Camry was).

Totally agree with this assessment. Had a big WTF moment the other day in the Wanted/For Sale section. A pool cue was being offered that was nothing more than a sneaky-pete with an implex joint. But it was offered for the low price of $3250....because it was from one of the "Oh my God! You have one of his cues!" cuemakers. As Sean Penn's character Sgt Ed Welsh said in the THE THIN RED LINE "Property......it's all about property."

9andout
01-12-2014, 08:20 AM

I was just shopping for a new car and drove a Camry, was as smooth as my wife's uncle's Toyota. Yet one is $10,000 more so it can be shown off hehe.
Fixed that!

krupa
01-12-2014, 09:17 AM

Give RKC a permanent, live-in job as "tablekeeper" (much like an old-school groundskeeper). Whenever you want to play, just ring the bell and have Glen replace the rail. As for the cues, have a cue-maker share a room with RKC; he can make you a new cue, while Glen is putting on the rail.

Some people just don't know how to spend money. :rolleyes: