PDA

View Full Version : >*>*> Please help me find the rest of this Video - $300 Reward <*<*<

macneilb
01-12-2014, 08:47 PM
Hey guys, I put this in the Wanted/For Sale Section, but I hope maybe there is someone here on the Main Forum that can help me locate a video of a match my dad.

I know this a bit of an odd request, but I was wondering if anyone here knew where to find, had a copy, or knew who to contact to find a video of one of the matches from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5FFarEzSQs&list=HL1389584549&feature=mh_lolz It's from the 1994 Challenge of Champions on ESPN. The 1994 Brunswick Pro Am took place at the same event and my dad is the one playing Tom Storm, his name is Blaine MacNeil. He passed away last year and I don't have any videos of him, so it would mean alot to be able to find a copy of one of his matches. I know it's a bit of a longshot, but I will gladly pay $300 to anyone here who might have a copy buried somewhere, or who knows someone who might and can get a hold of it. I truly appreciate any help.

Thanks again, Brett MacNeil.

Here's the video (my dad's match was a clip shown in a match between Okumura vs. Ortmann in the Challenge of Champions on ESPN)

Here is the link to the original thread in the Wanted/For Sale Section: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=347993. One member has told me he has the video, but wants $500 for a copy :frown:. I don't like posting things like this in the Main Forum, however this truly means alot to me and I hope you guys can understand why I am.

Neil
01-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Hey guys, I put this in the Wanted/For Sale Section, but I hope maybe there is someone here on the Main Forum that can help me locate a video of a match my dad.

I know this a bit of an odd request, but I was wondering if anyone here knew where to find, had a copy, or knew who to contact to find a video of one of the matches from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5FFarEzSQs&list=HL1389584549&feature=mh_lolz It's from the 1994 Challenge of Champions on ESPN. The 1994 Brunswick Pro Am took place at the same event and my dad is the one playing Tom Storm, his name is Blaine MacNeil. He passed away last year and I don't have any videos of him, so it would mean alot to be able to find a copy of one of his matches. I know it's a bit of a longshot, but I will gladly pay $300 to anyone here who might have a copy buried somewhere, or who knows someone who might and can get a hold of it. I truly appreciate any help.

Here's the video (my dad's match was a clip shown in a match between Okumura vs. Ortmann in the Challenge of Champions on ESPN)

Here is the link to the original thread in the Wanted/For Sale Section: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=347993. One member has told me he has the video, but wants $500 for a copy :frown:. I don't like posting things like this in the Main Forum, however this truly means alot to me and I hope you guys can understand why I am.

Have you tried finding the guy your dad was playing and see if he has a copy of it?

RussPrince
01-12-2014, 09:15 PM
One member has told me he has the video, but wants $500 for a copy :frown:I don't think I'll ever understand how some people can have zero compassion for others. Wtf happens to these people that they get this way? If I had a copy I'd be asking for your address and paying for shipping to get it to you. Wtf is wrong with some people?

Straightpool_99
01-12-2014, 09:56 PM

Joe_Jaguar
01-12-2014, 10:18 PM

Is the youtube clip you posted different than the clip shown during the match between Okumura and Ortmann? So you are looking for a copy of the Okumura match, or are you looking for some full version of the pro am match someone may have shot? I think I have that challenge of champions match somewhere on VHS.

prewarhero
01-12-2014, 10:20 PM
I truly doubt this guy actually has the match. If he does than he is a sick individual and I feel really sorry for him and his soul.

I will also offer this up= if anyone has it, I will offer them a trade for anything in my collection of videos. I have some RARE stuff and one of the largest collections. I am sorry I don't have this one, and I asked some others that I know to collect and they don't either.

flyrv9
01-12-2014, 10:26 PM
Have you tried contacting ESPN? I'm pretty sure they have an archive of all their broadcasts. Under the circumstances, I don't see why they wouldn't provide you with a copy.

macneilb
01-12-2014, 10:51 PM
Have you tried contacting ESPN? I'm pretty sure they have an archive of all their broadcasts. Under the circumstances, I don't see why they wouldn't provide you with a copy.

I emailed them twice and called the contact number twice, unfortunately with the same result both times. They do not release or sell copies of their programs :(. Here is the email I sent, as well as the reply:

--------------- Original Message ---------------

To whom it may concern,

Hello, my name is Brett MacNeil. I am writing in regards to video clip of a billiards match from the 1994 Brunswick Pro Am. The video clip was from a match between Tom Storm and Blaine MacNeil, who is my father. The video clip of their match was shown on the 1994 Challenge of Champions which was shown on ESPN.

I am writing this is in hope that since there was a short clip of my father's match shown during the Challenge of Champions, there might be a full copy of my father's match recorded. I only have the short clip, however if there is a full copy of his match I would be incredibly grateful to be able to purchase or order a copy. My father passed away last year, so it would mean alot to myself and my family to be able to have a copy of one of his matches.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Sincerely,
Brett MacNeil

The reply:

Dear Brett,

Thank you for contacting us.

ESPN, Inc. does not release or sell copies of its programming or promos.

You can also check out our TV listings at www.espntv.com to see if the program will be replayed. Please note schedule information is subject to change.

For additional fan service, be sure to follow the ESPN Fan Central team @ESPN_FanCentral (http://twitter.com/ESPN_FanCentral) and like their Facebook page at http://www.Facebook.com/ESPNFanCentral

Sincerely,

Brandon
ESPN Viewer Response

arps
01-13-2014, 06:22 AM
^it's a copy-paste response. they did not even recognize how important this video is to you. :(
i suggest following them on twitter and FB, then re-post your request there. let's see how "social media" will respond to this. good luck.

shanesinnott
01-13-2014, 06:46 AM

Idea.....I don't know who promoted the 1994 Challenge of Champions event but I am guessing it was Matt Braun. I would suggest contacting him. If he doesn't have a copy of it I would presume he could be able to pull some strings and get you a copy of it. I don't have contact info for Matt Braun but I do have contact info for Gregg Hovey who has now taken over the reigns of producing the Billiards International events from Matt Bruan. PM me for Gregg's info if no other member here has direct contact info for Matt Braun. Good luck in your quest, I hope you find the video.

FYI, I just googled "Challenge of Champions Matt Braun" before hitting submit on this post and the following number for Matt came up: 860-379-8414 (don't know if it's still good but worth a shot)

Celtic
01-13-2014, 08:14 AM
One member has told me he has the video, but wants $500 for a copy :frown:.

Holy smokes that is weak...

<Edit> that guy is probably also a scammer and does not even have the actual complete video of your fathers match. You will likely get the Ortmann match with the clip you already have and the guy will then keep your money and you will never get a response from him again. For $500 I would ultimately pay it if it were me IF the guy actually had the match but I would want screen shots from the match of your father that were not seen on the short clip to prove that he actually has the additional footage. The guy is a HUGE weasel though for trying to squeeze you like that, hopefully karma comes back on him for it.

Celtic
01-13-2014, 08:23 AM
^it's a copy-paste response. they did not even recognize how important this video is to you. :(
i suggest following them on twitter and FB, then re-post your request there. let's see how "social media" will respond to this. good luck.

Yeah, that response was almost as weak as the one on this forum. "We are not going to give you the video of your dead father so you can have something to remember him by. Please like us on Facebook though!!!" Idiots...

I would definitely go to social media, join their Facebook page, and repost this request and post that email and reply to their main page. Once thousands of people/fans see it on facebook I am guessing someone a little higher up the ESPN foodchain will see it, see what an ignorant bunch of douchenozzles they look like by refusing to get you the video, and will change their tune and get you that video so they can look like heroes on Facebook.

Companies know the power of social media and love to get people onto their pages, BUT with that popularity and large group of people following them any negative publicity that hits those pages needs to be dealt with in a very positive manner by them or the social media benefits blow up in their faces.

PETROBOY
01-13-2014, 09:33 AM
I hope you find a copy of this, it will be a great memory to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Lonestar_jim
01-13-2014, 10:26 AM
$500 copy....

"This makes me very angry, very angry indeed!!! "
- Marvin the Martian

Best of wishes to you getting the video.

macneilb
01-13-2014, 10:30 AM
Have you tried finding the guy your dad was playing and see if he has a copy of it?

I tried finding Tom Storm on facebook and googling his contact info. I couldn't find either :frown:. If anyone has either, I would truly appreciate any info so I could try to contact him

Is the youtube clip you posted different than the clip shown during the match between Okumura and Ortmann? So you are looking for a copy of the Okumura match, or are you looking for some full version of the pro am match someone may have shot? I think I have that challenge of champions match somewhere on VHS.

That clip is the same as the one shown during the Ortmann vs. Okumura match on ESPN, that is the match I got the clip from from. I'm looking for the full version of the ProAm match which I *hope* someone has a copy of. I believe it must have been filmed if someone could cut clips from it to play during the Ortmann vs. Okumura match on ESPN. I just really hoping someone has a copy :o

itsfroze
01-13-2014, 02:13 PM
Back on the front page !

hang-the-9
01-13-2014, 02:19 PM
I tried finding Tom Storm on facebook and googling his contact info. I couldn't find either :frown:. If anyone has either, I would truly appreciate any info so I could try to contact him

That clip is the same as the one shown during the Ortmann vs. Okumura match on ESPN, that is the match I got the clip from from. I'm looking for the full version of the ProAm match which I *hope* someone has a copy of. I believe it must have been filmed if someone could cut clips from it to play during the Ortmann vs. Okumura match on ESPN. I just really hoping someone has a copy :o

If it was just cut into another broadcast match, probably the only people to have what you are looking for are the ones that recorded it. Did they ever show the full Pro-Am matches on TV? I don't think they did, maybe filmed a few minutes of them. When I was at a few of the C.O.C. they had two tables setup outside of the main table in the TV arena for the Pro-AM and I don't recall seeing any TV setups at those tables. They probably dragged a camera over to catch a few shots of the tables to splice into the show.