PDA

View Full Version : Action on the home front

jay helfert
01-13-2014, 10:40 PM
Dennis Orcollo and Carlo Biado arrived yesterday from Manila. First things first and they hit the table immediately for some practice, finally calling it quits at like 4 AM (7 PM Manila time). In the morning they got up, went to breakfast and brought back enough food to feed an army. I will be eating good this week!

Mika decided to come by for a little warm-up session with Dennis. They decided to start out with a little cheap One Pocket, Race to Three for some pocket change. Started out all fun and games, but pretty soon it was getting intense. These guys are both champions and both WANT TO WIN! First set went 2-2 in games and 7-7 in ball count in the final game. Doesn't get much closer than that. They must have played 15-20 minutes on that last ball before Dennis finally made it. That set took over two hours. They played three more sets before calling it quits with Dennis coming out on top.

Some pretty good practice, maybe six hours worth. I sweated parts of it as I went about my daily chores. I will try to post a photo on here if I can. Two warriors at work! Mika just broke here, got a couple of balls and now Dennis is looking at his options.

PoolBum
01-13-2014, 10:54 PM
Cool report. Thanks Jay.

KoolKat9Lives
01-13-2014, 11:16 PM
Thanks for sharing Jay, you lucky sob!

How long are you steering these champs around LA?

And hey, what happened to your pinball machine that had all the dvd's underneath?

RED LITE
01-13-2014, 11:31 PM
Thanks Jay.

What's that "CSI" check blow-up on the wall?

RL

real bartram
01-14-2014, 03:06 AM
Dennis Orcollo and Carlo Biado arrived yesterday from Manila. First things first and they hit the table immediately for some practice, finally calling it quits at like 4 AM (7 PM Manila time). In the morning they got up, went to breakfast and brought back enough food to feed an army. I will be eating good this week!

Mika decided to come by for a little warm-up session with Dennis. They decided to start out with a little cheap One Pocket, Race to Three for some pocket change. Started out all fun and games, but pretty soon it was getting intense. These guys are both champions and both WANT TO WIN! First set went 2-2 in games and 7-7 in ball count in the final game. Doesn't get much closer than that. They must have played 15-20 minutes on that last ball before Dennis finally made it. That set took over two hours. They played three more sets before calling it quits with Dennis coming out on top.

Some pretty good practice, maybe six hours worth. I sweated parts of it as I went about my daily chores. I will try to post a photo on here if I can. Two warriors at work! Mika just broke here, got a couple of balls and now Dennis is looking at his options.

Jay I'll take 9 7 from orcollo at dcc
But it won't be a prac set

Fast Lenny
01-14-2014, 03:17 AM

Bartram stepping up. 9-7 is not much weight.

IamCalvin06
01-14-2014, 04:25 AM

:confused: when does he ever step down ;) . 9-7 is not much weight might be the famous last words of many backers.

Black-Balled
01-14-2014, 04:51 AM
we are gonna have to think about calling Bart 'almond joy'.
2 big nutz.

SCCues
01-14-2014, 05:15 AM
Great post, two champions hitting a few on your home table!

DAVE_M
01-14-2014, 05:53 AM

"Nut up or shut up" as they say.

You already know this, but giving up a ball in one hole can go either way. Unlike giving up a ball in 9/10ball.

I've seen guys out run the nuts giving up 10-5 or more and I've seen the same two guys play 9-7 and it go the other way.

Either way, it would be an awesome streamed match!

justadub
01-14-2014, 05:55 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Black-Balled again.

:rotflmao1:

Ken_4fun
01-14-2014, 05:59 AM
Bartrum cracks me up.

One of my favorite players because he has so much heart.

Go get em Chris!

Ken

metallicane
01-14-2014, 07:03 AM
Thanks for sharing. Must have been a fun hang out day.

Go get 'em Chris.

jay helfert
01-14-2014, 07:08 AM
Thanks Jay.

What's that "CSI" check blow-up on the wall?

RL

That's Dennis' check from the U.S. Open One Pocket last year. I tried to cash it but no luck. :o

jay helfert
01-14-2014, 07:12 AM
Thanks for sharing Jay, you lucky sob!

How long are you steering these champs around LA?

And hey, what happened to your pinball machine that had all the dvd's underneath?

The Pool Sharks machine is gone. It was in the way. Now I have Ms. Pacman out in my new guest house by the jacuzzi. I'll show u next time your out this way.

jay helfert
01-14-2014, 07:15 AM
Tell them I will take 13-5 and drive down from the Bay Area. Race to 8 for $1000

Jesse you're relentless. I like that about you, but c'mon 13-5! Try not to be such a nut artist. The right game is more like 9-5 and 10-6 and that's close. You forgot I saw you play and I clocked your game. Dennis gives me 8-5 when we practice and I win games. Okay? He's good but he's not superman!

RunOut Apps
01-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Good stuff Jay, Looking forward to this weekend. Safe Travels

watchez
01-14-2014, 12:34 PM

Don't F With The Pinoys