PDA

View Full Version : Martin Kiaman

PIRANHA
01-14-2014, 07:05 AM
I made a shirt with all known pool players on it , but would like
to get the picture of Martin Kiaman "Omaha Fats", I can not find it,
The one were he's eating a hot dog. I'll have the shirt in Derby City,pretty cool.
Thanks, Les :

freddy the beard
01-15-2014, 06:28 AM
The one were he's eating a hot dog. I'll have the shirt in Derby City,pretty cool.
Thanks, Les :

I dont have the hot dog one but here is one out of my book, The Encyclopedia of Pool Hustlers.

Beard

His name is spelled, Kaiman.

macguy
01-15-2014, 07:57 AM
Thanks, Les :
Do you have any pictures of the shirt in progress? Omahe Fats was kind of a disgusting guy. He wore the same clothed for days at a time with evidence on his tee shirt of every meal he had eaten. I beat him playing 9 ball and he did everything he could to not pay me. He wanted to play some one handed for double or nothing. I finally got paid when I agreed to pay the table time. If you remember at tournaments they used to have a special table time when you were gambling as much as $10 per player per hour.. I got stuck for like $60.00 in table time. Unfortunately much of the table time consisted of Omaha Fats talking to anyone who would listen.

PIRANHA
01-15-2014, 05:15 PM
That's Marty,i'll take some pic and post, thanks

ironman
01-16-2014, 12:00 AM
I dont have the hot dog one but here is one out of my book, The Encyclopedia of Pool Hustlers.

Beard

His name is spelled, Kaiman.
It is hard to argue with you, he was rather digusting at times, but funny as hell often too.
Having lived in Denver for about 30 years I knew Marty well. Deep down he was a kind soul but he could rub many afr the wrong way.
Wid World of Sprts came to Denver back in the 79's to tpe Marty shooting a one handed spot shot. He showe in pleated slacks wing tipp shoes and a white t ahirt with about days of meal all over it. He was asked to pput on a clean shirt and he drove to K Mart, bought an new white t- shirt and wwas ready to go. He then lined up and it took 23 takes for him to pocket the ball
The picture of him eating the hot dog was taken in Jonhnston City about 1970.
He was a character to say the least and I well understand not many found him as amuusing as I did.

Island Drive
01-16-2014, 06:02 AM
Oh I did, I found em entertaining.... first saw this man @ Janscos Show Bar in Johnston City IL late sixties, when the Hippie kid Won one of the three years I attended/played during college. I was just as amazed seeing that Denver was his place of choice to live, tho he tried his best to be a mini Fat Man. Marty was so infatuated with Minnesota Fats/Rudolph, he idolized that man and Fatted off his thunder best he could, which got him known as the ''I'm the best one handed player in the world'' jibberish statement, where he actually had some game in one hole At. Plus he came out of the Depression eras hustlers, so he was still an effective Fringe small time gambler, but if when he got food, money or action, his Smile was Priceless and those ThicK eyebrows, boy the LOOK they could erupt was the BEST. He was NOT a bad person, slob, pool player, scuffler, laid down the lemon twenty four seven/YES. Pass the mustard please, and I'd like to play you sir some twenty dollar one pocket, In the air ;))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))