PDA

View Full Version : Pay-It-Forward AzB Giveaway!

DAVE_M
01-14-2014, 10:44 AM
As a follow up to the previous thread, found here (Click Me!) (http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=348176), I am paying it forward by giving away what has become the holy grail of AzB and a 9/10ball magic rack! If you haven't checked out the previous thread, I'd appreciate it if you took a look. The members and team at AzBilliards are one of a kind.

Updates:
*The magic rack has shipped and is on it's way to me. I'll post a new picture when it arrives.*
*Lowered post count to 100 to encourage more posts*
*Magic Rack is in and will be put together with the patch ready to ship to the winner*

Here's what's up for grabs:
One stick on AzB patch (new style)
One 9/10 Magic Ball Rack

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7381/11950683906_54ee8f78a3_n.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7449/11949853425_46c0aec60c_n.jpg

Here's what you have to do:
- Post a picture of your cue or cues (If you need help, there are plenty of members that will assist you)
- Tell us where you are from
- Let us know how you plan to pay it forward (optional)

Who can enter:
- Can be Gold or Silver members (I strongly encourage becoming Gold)
- Must have a minimum of 100 posts on the forum

Here's how it works:
Giveaway will run through February 1st!
Must meet the criteria above and post in the thread.
I will put the post numbers in a random number generator.
If it picks a number and your post does not meet the criteria, I will get another number.

*I understand times are hard and not everyone can pay it forward, but if possible don't hesitate to do so!*

Happy New Year and Good Luck!

Rackemep
01-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Youre a good man Dave...

I'm Shaun from Kingman AZ.
If I win I'll pay forward the magic rack and a mystery gift...
http://i43.tinypic.com/6ef.jpg

PickPocket
01-14-2014, 01:01 PM
From Salt Lake,

Playing cue: Mostly Huebler's, Moon, or my Universal.
Case: 2x4 Ron Thomas (Most used)

I do what I can to promote pool locally, I'm certainly not the biggest fish in the sea, and Utah isn't really a "Player's" 1st stop, but I see no reason why that CAN'T change! :thumbup:

I'm a Member of the BCA since 2006, I was a member of APA when they were here.
I'm currently looking to Join / NAPA.

I've helped bring a healthy flow of players to our local weekly tournaments, and am also active member in our "In-House Pool League".

I'm always looking for ways that I can get involved more, and help promote our sport!
Hence I love my AZB!

I'm also on the road to becoming an (Less then armature currently) Cue Smith, and my dream is to one day have a shop, that I can design and build my own cues in the classic traditional style.

If I won, I would pay if forward with the Magic Rack, a NEW Piece of PRED CHALK, and a couple New 13.5mm Triangle Tips!! :thumbup:

Blue Hog ridr
01-14-2014, 02:36 PM
I've been hinting for an AZB case patch for some time now.

Rackem is a new poster here and would like one too. He pmed me on it.

As much as I would like one, if I won it, I would pay it forward to him and keep bugging the owners for one for myself.

DAVE_M
01-14-2014, 09:11 PM
I've been hinting for an AZB case patch for some time now.

Rackem is a new poster here and would like one too. He pmed me on it.

As much as I would like one, if I won it, I would pay it forward to him and keep bugging the owners for one for myself.

If I had extra, I'd send them to everyone. It's great promotion! I had a group of guys asking me about it tonight.

I'm surprised with this being up for nearly 12 hours and so few responses. I guess people don't like free stuff! lol

victorl
01-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Great idea, I'm in!

My name's Vic, I live in Tokyo Japan. I currently play with a big-pin Hoppe-style Tad cue.

I'd be willing to pay forward a Medium Brown Kamui tip, a mini-book of trick shots (produced by Mezz Japan), and used copy of "Pleasures of Small Motions" (good book about the mental side of pool).

Cheers,
Vic

DAVE_M
01-15-2014, 07:28 AM
Keep 'em comin!

DAVE_M
01-17-2014, 06:15 AM
I'm surprised there have only been 3 posts.

DallasHopps
01-17-2014, 09:06 AM
My name is Dallas, and I play with a BCM 6 point cue that I bought while waiting for my custom Navy career cue to be finished. The Navy cue was made by John Nemec and plays great, but I don't want it subjected to the rigors of pool hall life. Surface and Aviation Warfare pins are inlaid, with a coated wrap made from my dress blue uniform and a medallion of the ship's seal inlaid in the bumperless butt. Engravings are my rank, rate, ship' seal again, and John's logo.

I play on my home table, and when I can make it out I go to Grady's in Lexington, SC to play in tournaments and gamble. I'm terrible at both.

My paying forward will be the Magic Rack as I have one already, and a box (2 pieces) of Blue Diamond chalk.

DAVE_M
01-20-2014, 08:18 AM
To the front page!

I have the magic rack in and it's brand spankin new!

DAVE_M
01-22-2014, 02:30 PM
Bump for others to see.

If the winner chooses to, I will have a separate giveaway for the magic rack, most posters have said they would pay it forward regardless.

Rackemep
01-23-2014, 10:56 AM
Dave I'm withdrawing from the contest....Thanks for doing such a cool giveaway!!!!

DAVE_M
01-23-2014, 02:34 PM
Will do.

With only 3 entries, I wish I had a patch to donate to each person.

PINKLADY
01-23-2014, 03:17 PM
i've been watching this, and i think it's an AMAZING idea! i haven't posted, cause - AS MUCH AS I WANT THAT AZB PATCH - we don't need any supplies. and i couldn't think of anyone whom we know, that couldn't personally afford same. so i didn't want to take advantage. albeit, supporting the idea!

it JUST hit me. cause i was going to recommend that Magic Rack as giveaway. KK9 - is THE ONLY ONE IN GREENSBORO, NC - who has one. they keep it for him behind the bar. fist fights have almost broken-out, over whether Magic Racks are better....

but it's "his". no one can use it, unless he's in the game. so....
- pic below is as good as it gets - it's 10 degrees & my stupid cue is outside in the trunk.
- Break Time & Gate City Billiards @ Greensboro, NC; Marietta Billiards @ ATL
- i would give the Magic Rack to our pool hall, for others to learn its advantages

(and i'm putting the AZB patch on my case!)

DAVE_M
01-29-2014, 04:03 PM
bump for the rest of the week.

RobMan
01-29-2014, 05:02 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/30/a3y8u5u9.jpg

Rob's the name. Primarily play out of MBC in Marietta, GA. Mostly play with my 25+ year original beat up McD D-19.

I have a Magic Rack and not really into patches, so I would pay forward the MR to Pinklady for her pool hall use and the patch to BHR cause he wants it and I enjoy his posts for the most part!

So actually, there is nothing for me to win here! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

DAVE_M
02-01-2014, 09:15 AM
My name is Dallas, and I play with a BCM 6 point cue that I bought while waiting for my custom Navy career cue to be finished. The Navy cue was made by John Nemec and plays great, but I don't want it subjected to the rigors of pool hall life. Surface and Aviation Warfare pins are inlaid, with a coated wrap made from my dress blue uniform and a medallion of the ship's seal inlaid in the bumperless butt. Engravings are my rank, rate, ship' seal again, and John's logo.

I play on my home table, and when I can make it out I go to Grady's in Lexington, SC to play in tournaments and gamble. I'm terrible at both.

My paying forward will be the Magic Rack as I have one already, and a box (2 pieces) of Blue Diamond chalk.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!

Cdryden
02-01-2014, 10:07 AM

DallasHopps
02-01-2014, 05:35 PM
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!

I'll PM shipping info, and will post a new Pay-it-forward thread soon. I'm certain I can scrounge up some additional useful items to include as well.

Thanks!

DAVE_M
02-01-2014, 07:09 PM
I'll PM shipping info, and will post a new Pay-it-forward thread soon. I'm certain I can scrounge up some additional useful items to include as well.

Thanks!

Awesome! This would be great to keep going on AzB!!!

Rackemep
02-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Agreed!...I have seen P.I.F. threads on a couple of my fly fishing forums do really well...The way they run it is you can claim the Item thats up for grabs but in turn you have to put up and item to pay forward. Obviously you have to use some moral common sense. (dont claim a cue thats up for grabs and put up a single piece of masters chalk as your offering)... Its a great way to help each other out and also puts that old gear thats just collecting dust in the closet back in the hands of someone who needs it....