PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Elephant Wraps...?

samsarakid24
01-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Does anybody know a Safe & Easy way to Clean a Elephant Wrap installed on a cue without damaging it...?

My Dilemma is that I have a Elephant Ear wrap installed on a Custom Cue that
I managed to get Talc powder on like an Idiot and it has left a white film on the wrap that I cant seem to remove. I dont want to damage the wrap or use something that will discolor it in the cleaning process.

Any Help with this is Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks.....Paul

lfigueroa
01-14-2014, 04:26 PM
Does anybody know a Safe & Easy way to Clean a Elephant Wrap installed on a cue without damaging it...?

My Dilemma is that I have a Elephant Ear wrap installed on a Custom Cue that
I managed to get Talc powder on like an Idiot and it has left a white film on the wrap that I cant seem to remove. I dont want to damage the wrap or use something that will discolor it in the cleaning process.

Any Help with this is Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks.....Paul

I have two Ginacues with elephant ear wraps. I don't use talc, but I would think that if you just took a slightly moist paper towel and gently rubbed it down you'd be fine.

Lou Figueroa

Blue Hog ridr
01-14-2014, 04:27 PM
Elephants roll around in the mud and spray themselves with water. Doesn't seem to hurt their ears.

I don't think you would go wrong with going to a shoe repair shop and getting a bottle of Exotic Leather cleaning and conditioning solution.

Feibings makes a good one. I use it on my boots. It cleans and makes the scales nice and pliable.

As far as something you have around the home, I would try a couple of things but wouldn't suggest it to you or anyone in case that it went South on you.

Its perfectly safe to use a damp cloth on linen as long as you don't over do it and dry it quickly.

HawaiianEye
01-14-2014, 04:29 PM
I saw Tarzan once wash his elephant in the river and it came out fine. :)

WildWing
01-14-2014, 05:33 PM
Leather conditioner. It's animal hide, no matter how you look at it.

rayjay
01-14-2014, 06:25 PM
I bet some talc gets in between the textures, try a very lightly damp toothbrush followed by a dry toothbrush followed by a rough towel.

jazznpool
01-14-2014, 07:54 PM
I would suggest having the wrap gently blown off with an air nozzle and then applying (by pump spray) a stingy mist of Lexol leather cleaner/ conditioner after the non-wrap part of the cue has been taped off with low tack blue tape to protect the finish. I'd then take a dry paper towel and tamp the wrap to absorb any excess cleaner/ conditioner and then let it air dry for a few hours after removing the tape. YMMV. GL.

Martin