PDA

View Full Version : Nice Kick here

hang-the-9
01-15-2014, 11:28 AM
I'm sure many have seen that Efren kick where he goes between two balls that barely had enough room though them, found a bit similar kick by Shane here http://youtu.be/2pApSsQmgK0?t=40m51s

Scott Lee
01-15-2014, 11:47 AM
Sweet kick...and naturally he makes the 7 AND gets shape on the 5! LOL Thanks for sharing!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

mel_smOg
01-15-2014, 12:54 PM
what a shot, wow

arps
01-15-2014, 01:43 PM
not sure if he's following a kick diagram, but if you simplify it, that should have been a 1-rail kick.

hang-the-9
01-15-2014, 01:47 PM
not sure if he's following a kick diagram, but if you simplify it, that should have been a 1-rail kick.

To go one rail he'd have to stretch and shoot over the 8 that is almost frozen to the cueball.

He may have gone 2 rails by hitting right bellow the side pocket.

staypuff578
01-15-2014, 01:55 PM
Phenominal kick, SVB never fails to impress.

Scott Lee
01-15-2014, 01:55 PM
arps...The 3 rail shot was far more likely to be accurate in hitting the 5...both for the reason Hang the 9 mentioned, and also because when you kick one rail, you have to be very careful about accidental sidespin. With 3 rails you can make it pretty easily either way. SVB played it correctly (duh!)...LOL

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Cdryden
01-15-2014, 01:59 PM
To go one rail he'd have to stretch and shoot over the 8 that is almost frozen to the cueball.

He may have gone 2 rails by hitting right bellow the side pocket.

Yeah, that's kinda the way I felt too. The one rail seems easier until you factor in the stretch for a right handed player. Plus I like the angle that the cue ball takes on the 3 rail shot.

Besides, it SVB, ain't no hill for a climber.

CreeDo
01-15-2014, 02:09 PM
Shane's an animal. A rabid kicking animal.

arps
01-15-2014, 02:19 PM

Of course no one would do that. I was referring to kicking it to the side rail.

@Scott, for a 1-rail kick on the left side, you'd probably have to put spin on purpose. a player of shane's caliber can put english easily and more accurately, and hit the object ball even if another ball is almost frozen to the cueball. that is why i was thinking if he was following a 3-rail kick diagram, probably to make the shot more natural for him.

Spimp13
01-15-2014, 02:30 PM
That's an easy hit....just might take me a few tries at it :D

hang-the-9
01-15-2014, 04:03 PM
Of course no one would do that. I was referring to kicking it to the side rail.

@Scott, for a 1-rail kick on the left side, you'd probably have to put spin on purpose. a player of shane's caliber can put english easily and more accurately, and hit the object ball even if another ball is almost frozen to the cueball. that is why i was thinking if he was following a 3-rail kick diagram, probably to make the shot more natural for him.

Which side rail? The 8 ball was blocking any sort of shot to there, the cueball was directly behind it.

arps
01-15-2014, 04:42 PM
^ i think the balls are apart and not frozen together, and both are not exactly behind each other (not parallel to the side rails). you can see that at 40:30 on Raj's shot. i'm not 100% sure about this because of the camera angle but i think a 1-rail kick is possible.

hang-the-9
01-15-2014, 09:04 PM
^ i think the balls are apart and not frozen together, and both are not exactly behind each other (not parallel to the side rails). you can see that at 40:30 on Raj's shot. i'm not 100% sure about this because of the camera angle but i think a 1-rail kick is possible.

If it was he would have done it, it's a lot easier than what he did. There was no way to kick at it except to go uptable. If there is space between them, it's about a millimeter, no way to get past the ball unless he hit a masse shot.