PDA

View Full Version : Another Cuemaker passes today

jmurphy
01-15-2014, 10:38 PM
Richard Smithlin lost his battle with Cancer at about 1am this morning.
Richie was a good guy and a heck of a cuemaker. He will be missed by his extended family here in Las Vegas. :frown:

worktheknight
01-16-2014, 06:44 AM
Sorry to hear of the loss, best wishes to the family

Mark Griffin
01-16-2014, 08:10 AM
Damn I hate to hear that.
I liked Richard - he was a good guy.

He had a good heart.

RIP mr. Smithlin.

Mark Griffin

Standbykid
01-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Sad news. Sorry to hear it.

-J

cueaddicts
01-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Didn't know him but sorry to hear of your loss.

blackwidows
01-30-2014, 11:14 PM
I met Richard A few months ago. He repaired several cues I have including some of my Palmers. Although he was in failing health he was more than happy to work on my cues. The last ones repaired were just before Christmas. I hadn't talked to him since then. I tried calling him about a week ago with no reply. I checked and that's when I learned of his passing. My deepest condolences to his family. I would like to get in contact with the family or whoever is handling his estate for I left some cues with Rich for a build. I would like to pick them up. Please contact me with any information. Thanks, Rick Jenkins 702-843-4978

cardiac kid
01-31-2014, 05:57 AM
Jim,

Me and Jerry stopped by Richie's shop while I was in Vegas earlier this month. Joe isn't sure what Richie's family is going to do with his shop and equipment. Sure hope they allow Joe to continue on. The shop is filled with pool memorabilia, unfinished cues and a GC 9' that looks like it hasn't been played on for years.

RIP Richie.

Lyn

bountybuddy
02-01-2014, 06:17 PM
I didn't know Richard but I am very sorry to hear of his passing. My condolences to his family and friends.