PDA

View Full Version : Insidepool: Suck It Up & Open It Up ! ! !

Kickin' Chicken
01-16-2014, 12:10 PM
After two nights of *many* customers missing these two legends going at it for possibly the last time, I think Inside Pool OWES it to its frustrated viewers to open it up if that will make it watchable.

For me (and I know many, many others), the first 2 nights were completely unwatchable with constant freezing.

I was on just long enough last night during the halfway break to hear Alvin say: "so we have 1 viewer in the chat who says he's got a perfect feed so this isn't my fault."

I know Alvin busts his ass and is a very dedicated young man but that statement is not only wrong, it's insulting.

He has to, or at least should, understand how important this match was for the multitude of efren and earl fans to see live.

I say if it will make the freeze go away, then open it up and don't deny us the enjoyment of at least seeing the day 3 10 ball.

Am I off base here?

best
brian kc

ralphe
01-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Well, that would be great for sure.
I was only able to watch the first night, 8-ball. my stream was pretty good and no freezing.
Then I could not watch last night and hoped for a replay. But I can not log in.
Hope it works out later tonight.

j_zippel
01-16-2014, 12:16 PM
My stream worked the first night but last night it was hit and miss, It cut out twice and missed about 6 racks. I think it should be streamed FREE tonight, if it isn't i'll never purchase anything that inside pool streams.

metallicane
01-16-2014, 12:21 PM
They need to step up to the plate for sure.

PhoenixVA
01-16-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm glad that Inside Pool is offering this service, I think it's great. However, I missed the first hour or so last night, and came in about the halfway point, I think. After that, the feed was fairly decent for me, so much so that I took an HDMI cable and hooked my laptop to my 52" TV in my living room and watched the rest. Am I going to ask for a refund or free time? Nah, I don't think so. I'm not saying it's wrong to do that, but if I didn't see any of it, I would simply email them and express my displeasure about the situation, and tell them to donate the money towards better equipment, more manpower, or whatever else they need to do for the future to make sure it doesn't happen again. I will, however, be a little hesitant to buy any more matches until their reputation gets better.

PINKLADY
01-16-2014, 12:25 PM
so what you're saying, is - i should head to the liquor store in preparation?

bdorman
01-16-2014, 12:28 PM
I think a free stream tonight is the only way they can recover (and post all matches on youtube ASAP).

Any revenue they (IP, the tournament, etc) expected from the PPV is gone. I mean, how many people will buy a 1-day pass for tonight's event? The only thing to do at this point is recover what bit of your reputation you can.

BTW, Alvin is a hard worker (and I don't think we'd have free IP streams if Calvert didn't have him), but don't take anything he says seriously. The mouth works before the mind has a chance to think.

Sloppy Pockets
01-16-2014, 12:28 PM
Well, I already paid for the whole three days, so it wouldn't be self-serving for me to agree that the rest of this epic event should be streamed for free. I really don't give a crap about the money, or if I paid and everybody else gets to watch for free. It's just that it's too important of a match to be ruined by the way its been handled.

It's like Woodstock. The early ones bought tickets, the rest got in for free, but everybody enjoyed themselves.

I say cut open the fence and let them in.

watchez
01-16-2014, 12:31 PM
You are asking an organization that has a repeated history of taking money for their magazine subscription and then never providing the magazines purchased to their customers, to give you a free stream for an issue they had with that?

I have a nice bridge in New York I'll sell you. Been in my family for years.

dudlock
01-16-2014, 12:32 PM
My stream worked the first night but last night it was hit and miss, It cut out twice and missed about 6 racks. I think it should be streamed FREE tonight, if it isn't i'll never purchase anything that inside pool streams.

Well, I won't put it to them exactly in that way, but if they did do a free stream tonight, I swear before God, I will send in at least a $10 or more contr to them and watch more stuff down the line, for sure

j_zippel
01-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Well, I won't put it to them exactly in that way, but if they did do a free stream tonight, I swear before God, I will send in at least a $10 or more contr to them and watch more stuff down the line, for sure

You're right, would just be nice for them to credit people tonights match who bought a 3 day package and stream for free for the people who got the short end of the stick. The chat was packed pull of people complaining and frustrated

CreeDo
01-16-2014, 02:28 PM
I don't expect them to provide a free stream.
I just expect them to provide a working stream.

Ten bucks is nothing, I'm perfectly happy to pay that.
We'd pay quadruple that if the races were a little longer and it was a TAR event.
I just need to get the product I paid for.

I can sympathize if this is their first time using this provider, and the provider dropped the ball.
I can see them getting blindsided by it the first night and scrambling to catch up.

But the provider apparently gave insidepool the power to fix broken logins and passwords.
So if that's within their power, it's also within their power to get multiple employees (including, say, Alvin)
to do that grunt work. Don't stick one guy with 200 names and passwords to fix, and then it takes
him 2 hours to get through them all. Get 2 or 3 people on it.

And open up the gate several hours before the match. Encourage as many people as possible
to login as soon as possible, so they can see if they're gonna have issues.
Try to resolve those issues before the match starts.

iusedtoberich
01-16-2014, 02:36 PM
I agree with the OP. I paid all 3 nights. Day 1 was fine. Day 2 was completely unwatchable.

I really think it has to do with the ppv provider. When they switched to the free stream, I was fine.

I don't care if others who did not pay (and never did intend to pay) get to see the stream for free. I, however, paid, and deserve to see the stream. If that means opening it up so it's run on Ustreams reliable service, then I'm all for it. I'm not going to feel cheated if it's free for everyone, yet I paid. I WILL feel cheated however, if I paid and can't watch!!!!!!!

Mikjary
01-16-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm glad that Inside Pool is offering this service, I think it's great. However, I missed the first hour or so last night, and came in about the halfway point, I think. After that, the feed was fairly decent for me, so much so that I took an HDMI cable and hooked my laptop to my 52" TV in my living room and watched the rest. Am I going to ask for a refund or free time? Nah, I don't think so. I'm not saying it's wrong to do that, but if I didn't see any of it, I would simply email them and express my displeasure about the situation, and tell them to donate the money towards better equipment, more manpower, or whatever else they need to do for the future to make sure it doesn't happen again. I will, however, be a little hesitant to buy any more matches until their reputation gets better.

I think this is a sensible approach, although I don't have any history with them or the magazine.

Best,
Mike

Kickin' Chicken
01-16-2014, 06:33 PM
so the pre-game warm ups by both earl and efren wend perfect then once the match started, so did the dreaded freeze.

So what does this tell a non-tech-savvy fellow like me?

It tells me that they can broadcast live fron Steinway just fine...

BUT

whatever it is that they are changing in order to do the ppv stream, causes problems like the freeze every 5-10 seconds. And when it freezes, it doesn't come back on until a refresh and re-login are performed.

translation:

3 nights of unwatchable pool.

shame on you, Inside pool.

best,
brian kc