PDA

View Full Version : BCA - From The Horse's Mouth

ABR
01-16-2014, 08:19 PM
Was a great TAR podcast tonight - props and thanks to Justin and the crew.

I guess I should probably talk about our show too? :cool:

Tonight's show will feature BCA CEO Rob Johnson, explaining their stance on many of the issues that the pool world is facing. Don't shoot the messenger.

We'll also hear from "The Oracle" - Mark Cantrill and his new travel segment :D

Mary Ann speaks with Steinway Billiards owner Manny Stamatakis

And of course we cant forget NYC Grind's sassy lassy, Alison Fischer along with JT.

I got a little distracted with the TAR podcast, so my apologies for running a little late.
The show should be available for listening at 10pm central, or shortly thereafter.
Mr. Bond is gonna have my head on a platter so I'm gonna make like banana and split.

- Pete

itsfroze
01-16-2014, 08:48 PM
Has anyone been able to find this weeks show, as all I'm seeing is the show from
Jan. 9th on their home page?

bfdlad
01-16-2014, 11:31 PM

Tonight's show will feature BCA CEO Rob Johnson, explaining their stance on many of the issues that the pool world is facing. Don't shoot the messenger.

And of course we cant forget NYC Grind's sassy lassy, Alison Fischer along with JT.

I got a little distracted with the TAR podcast, so my apologies for running a little late.
The show should be available for listening at 10pm central, or shortly thereafter.
Mr. Bond is gonna have my head on a platter so I'm gonna make like banana and split.

- Pete

First of all "The Oracle" All roads lead to Rome as a wise man once said :) It's growing on me Pete "The Oracle" Sounds way fancy too.
Anyway, Itsfroze here is the link http://www.americanbilliardradio.com/

JAM
01-17-2014, 02:48 AM
Oh, man, these are EXCELLENT topics. I can't wait to listen to this. I have to get jobs out today, but I wil be listening to this particular ABR broadcast by tonight. Great cast of interviewees. Bravo!

itsfroze
01-17-2014, 04:23 AM
Is the BCA obligated to send players to the World Games every four years?

I don't know the answer, but I am hoping the answer is yes.
Only because other wise it doesn't make sense to me.

I thought I followed Pool fairly closely and I for one didn't know the
World Games were every four years until I looked it up.
I had a feeling just from the name that there was no money involved.
I wonder is it just me or did everyone know who won the 2013 version.
I think I would have semi guessed it was Appleton because I sort of
remembered that but I certainly wouldn't have wagered on it.
I also didn't know there were three disciplines, Snooker, Billiards and Pool.

So my obvious question is unless the BCA is obligated to send four players every
four years to the World Games by being the North American arm of the WPA,
Why send struggling Pro Players to a tournament where they can't earn any
money even if they win. That seems even a worst prospect than knowing you
have to finish in the top four to make a few dollars?

pooler
01-17-2014, 05:03 AM
Is the BCA obligated to send players to the World Games every four years?

I don't know the answer, but I am hoping the answer is yes.
Only because other wise it doesn't make sense to me.

I thought I followed Pool fairly closely and I for one didn't know the
World Games were every four years until I looked it up.
I had a feeling just from the name that there was no money involved.
I wonder is it just me or did everyone know who won the 2013 version.
I think I would have semi guessed it was Appleton because I sort of
remembered that but I certainly wouldn't have wagered on it.
I also didn't know there were three disciplines, Snooker, Billiards and Pool.

So my obvious question is unless the BCA is obligated to send four players every
four years to the World Games by being the North American arm of the WPA,
Why send struggling Pro Players to a tournament where they can't earn any
money even if they win. That seems even a worst prospect than knowing you
have to finish in the top four to make a few dollars?

Well, I am not sure if those "Struggling Pro Players" realize that the World Games is, regardless, the most prestigious event in non-Olympic sports Worldwide.
And, for instance: anyone who listened to Darren Appleton's interviews must have noticed how exciting he sounded about winning last year's Games in Cali and how important it was on his list - even though there was no money for the win.
Seems that different Pro Players have different "Priorities" :cool: :yikes: :shakehead:

On the occasion:
Next World Games are in 2017 in the City of Wroclaw, Poland.
Here are links to the official Webpage and Facebook, unfortunately not much info in English there :(
http://worldgames2017.pl/english/
https://www.facebook.com/The.World.Games.2017.Wroclaw

itsfroze
01-17-2014, 05:57 AM
I like to listening to your show and I am very glad you are doing this ABR show. I was excited when I saw you were having someone from the BCA on last night.
for me that is where my excitement ended however. In fact I was so annoyed by what I heard or what I didn't hear might be putting it better, that I turned the show
off after that segment.

I wish I had heard at least one tough question or even a tough follow up question when an answer was less than illuminating.
He said they spend a lot of money on rule books and they are about to put out a new one after a rules committee meeting of the WPA that they sit on.

Another question I still don't know the answer to is if the WPA puts out a rule book why can't the BCA just piggy back on that one, do they have to spend a lot money
putting out their own. If the BCA and WPA rules aren't the same them make them the same. I think they should be anyway so there could be consistency throughout
the World.

I see no reason for this big expense why have an actual rule book at all? Everybody has a computer or smart phone these days. Can't they just have
the rules available on line? They even said they have a rule app now.

When asked what he thought was the main problem, he said something like well I don't use the word problem. What word do you use then is he simply
going to keep passing over the word problem until he can jump right to the word catastrophe.

I can only recall him using the word Pro player once in the entire interview, was it just me or did it seem to anyone else like it did to me, that he was
making a concentrated effort to not say Pro player. All I kept hearing was we support play, I've never heard pool referred to as play in all the years I've been around the game.

In all fairness maybe he was using the word play over and over as a way of getting himself ready for the day there won't be any PRO PLAYERS left,
and he figured now was a good time to prepare because it shouldn't be far off!

I wonder how much their new rule app cost? Is that a money maker for the BCA? Or is that a waste of money? I don't know.

He says he doesn't pay much attention to what people say about the BCA because he knows how hard they work for Pool. I find when organization is doing a good job with something good things are said, no? Maybe he should listen. If he listened to what is being said maybe they wouldn't think they are doing such a bang up job. All I ever read on their press releases is what good things they are doing, a lot of back slapping and giving of awards to each other. Frankly the last release that I read they were fawning over some great new idea, and it didn't sound great at all. in fact it was so great that I can't even remember what it was.

I didn't hear one question about selling the BCA pool league that could have helped them raise money to put on a tournament or tournaments per year.
He did however say they don't have the money to put on tournaments right now but they would like to in the future.

Perhaps a good question would have been weren't you making money off of the BCA league and do you think it was a wise decision to sell the league in
the first place. Or how is the BCA planning on making more money if they want to put tournaments on in the future but can't afford to now.

I do remember when pressed a little he finally said not that they would approach the players but if the players want to approach them about forming a players ass.
they would listen. Again it seems to me that they as the BCA should be the ones approaching the players about forming a players association.

He also said he thinks that acting out hurts the players and the sports image. LOL next he said he hadn't really thought about any wording or how the wording
should be, REALLY?

Well I guess now that I think about it that does make sense since you aren't trying to get a players association formed so the Pro players are under under the BCA.
Wait that makes no sense what so ever. Why wouldn't you being trying to reach out to the Pro players and get a players association formed under the BCA and set some standards as to what acting out is or is not acceptable. Especially sense you stated you thought acting out hurt the players and Pools image. Those seem to be two contradicting statements to me.

I just follow and love this sport as I'm sure many of you do also. These are the things that jumped out at me and my opinions.

Again I am glad that ABR show is on and you are trying to do something good for Pool! Just maybe put a segment like this on last, so more people listen the whole show.
This is way to long oh well, not your show, what I wrote.

Kid Dynomite
01-17-2014, 07:32 AM
I like to listening to your show and I am very glad you are doing this ABR show. I was excited when I saw you were having someone from the BCA on last night.
for me that is where my excitement ended however. In fact I was so annoyed by what I heard or what I didn't hear might be putting it better, that I turned the show
off after that segment.

I wish I had heard at least one tough question or even a tough follow up question when an answer was less than illuminating.
He said they spend a lot of money on rule books and they are about to put out a new one after a rules committee meeting of the WPA that they sit on.

Another question I still don't know the answer to is if the WPA puts out a rule book why can't the BCA just piggy back on that one, do they have to spend a lot money
putting out their own. If the BCA and WPA rules aren't the same them make them the same. I think they should be anyway so there could be consistency throughout
the World.

I see no reason for this big expense why have an actual rule book at all? Everybody has a computer or smart phone these days. Can't they just have

When asked what he thought was the main problem, he said something like well I don't use the word problem. What word do you use then is he simply
going to keep passing over the word problem until he can jump right to the word catastrophe.

I can only recall him using the word Pro player once in the entire interview, was it just me or did it seem to anyone else like it did to me, that he was
making a concentrated effort to not say Pro player. All I kept hearing was we support play, I've never heard pool referred to as play in all the years I've been around the game.

In all fairness maybe he was using the word play over and over as a way of getting himself ready for the day there won't be any PRO PLAYERS left,

I wonder how much their new rule app cost? Is that a money maker for the BCA? Or is that a waste of money? I don't know.

He says he doesn't pay much attention to what people say about the BCA because he knows how hard they work for Pool. I find when organization is doing a good job with something good things are said, no? Maybe he should listen. If he listened to what is being said maybe they wouldn't think they are doing such a bang up job. All I ever read on their press releases is what good things they are doing, a lot of back slapping and giving of awards to each other. Frankly the last release that I read they were fawning over some great new idea, and it didn't sound great at all. in fact it was so great that I can't even remember what it was.

I didn't hear one question about selling the BCA pool league that could have helped them raise money to put on a tournament or tournaments per year.
He did however say they don't have the money to put on tournaments right now but they would like to in the future.

Perhaps a good question would have been weren't you making money off of the BCA league and do you think it was a wise decision to sell the league in
the first place. Or how is the BCA planning on making more money if they want to put tournaments on in the future but can't afford to now.

I do remember when pressed a little he finally said not that they would approach the players but if the players want to approach them about forming a players ass.
they would listen. Again it seems to me that they as the BCA should be the ones approaching the players about forming a players ass.

He also said he thinks that acting out hurts the players and the sports image. LOL next he said he hadn't really thought about any wording or how the wording
should be, REALLY?

Well I guess now that I think about it that does make sense since you aren't trying to get a players ass. formed so the Pro players are under under the BCA.
Wait that makes no sense what so ever. Why wouldn't you being trying to reach out to the Pro players and get a players ass. formed under the BCA and set some standards as to what acting out is or is not acceptable. Especially sense you stated you thought acting out hurt the players and Pools image. Those seem to be two contradicting statements to me.

I just follow and love this sport as I'm sure many of you do also. These are the things that jumped out at me and my opinions.

Again I am glad that ABR show is on and you are trying to do something good for Pool! Just maybe put a segment like this on last, so more people listen the whole show.

I agree with you! No questions on joining the U.S. Olympic Committee? no questions on WHERE the money from the sale of the pool league went??? Seems, they wanted the sale and adding two players to the BCA committee would have under mind the sale! The organization clearly lost its way to go from owning a league that generated money and funds to an entity strapped for cash and broke just a few years after the big sale!

KD

PINKLADY
01-17-2014, 07:42 AM
....I do remember when pressed a little he finally said not that they would approach the players but if the players want to approach them about forming a players ass.
they would listen. Again it seems to me that they as the BCA should be the ones approaching the players about forming a players ass.

....Well I guess now that I think about it that does make sense since you aren't trying to get a players ass. formed so the Pro players are under under the BCA.
Wait that makes no sense what so ever. Why wouldn't you being trying to reach out to the Pro players and get a players ass. formed under the BCA and set some standards as to what acting out is or is not acceptable. Especially sense you stated you thought acting out hurt the players and Pools image. Those seem to be two contradicting statements to me....

well good-morning-to-me! coffee & smut talk!
general concensus @ Mosconi, was that Boyes has the best ass. (in his tight little English tailored stretchy GQ pants) and Dennis has the biggest biceps. (i know, cause i broke my thumbnail off backwards on it)

Mr. Bond
01-17-2014, 08:03 AM
Be sure, I would have loved to ask many more, and much 'harder' questions, but, also keep in mind that he doesn't have to answer anything. Interviews are tricky like that, ask the wrong question and click.......dial tone.

Nonetheless, I'm glad that the Q&A is making you think. And I HIGHLY recommend - that if you have something on your mind, a burning question, by all means either call or email Mr. Johnson, or one of the board members, and ask them.

That is the real point of all this - THINK - and then take action. If everyone who visits this forum spent a fraction of the effort that they do to post here, applying pressure, in the form of asking the right questions, perhaps the BCA or any other person or organization may feel the need to respond in kind with action. Maybe they are out of touch and need a wake up call? Maybe they believe that nobody cares?

Whatever the case, too many times, those who raise hard questions are looked at as troublemakers when in reality, it is they who actually care the most.

:cool:

Oh and by the way - LOL - speaking of coffee talk, someone asked me about this.....
I kinda slurred the words a little on the show - Mike needs to get back on the HORSE, not whores ! LMAO

bfdlad
01-17-2014, 10:59 AM
off after that segment.

the World.

should be, REALLY?

Well I guess now that I think about it that does make sense since you aren't trying to get a players ass. formed so the Pro players are under under the BCA.
Wait that makes no sense what so ever. Why wouldn't you being trying to reach out to the Pro players and get a players ass. formed under the BCA and set some standards as to what acting out is or is not acceptable. Especially sense you stated you thought acting out hurt the players and Pools image. Those seem to be two contradicting statements to me.

Come on, don't sit on the fence say what you mean :)

StraightPoolIU
01-17-2014, 11:17 AM
I found the talk about the rule book interesting. They spend money on putting one out. That's fine, but it begs a couple of questions. Who uses their rules or rule books? The BCA Pool Leagues have their own book of rules and decisions. The WPA puts their rules online (Which should be redundant to BCA rules anyway). Every tournament plays by a different rule set that is given out before the tournament is played. What is the point? Why bother?

leto1776
01-17-2014, 11:30 AM
well good-morning-to-me! coffee & smut talk!
general concensus @ Mosconi, was that Boyes has the best ass. (in his tight little English tailored stretchy GQ pants) and Dennis has the biggest biceps. (i know, cause i broke my thumbnail off backwards on it)

Do you ever add anything to a thread? Never seen someone who posted on a forum as much as you, purely for the attention.

I found the talk about the rule book interesting. They spend money on putting one out. That's fine, but it begs a couple of questions. Who uses their rules or rule books? The BCA Pool Leagues have their own book of rules and decisions. The WPA puts their rules online (Which should be redundant to BCA rules anyway). Every tournament plays by a different rule set that is given out before the tournament is played. What is the point? Why bother?

I think the point is to try to standardize the rules. Unfortunately, there's no enforcement of this standardization, and tournament directors just do what they want.

I use the book myself for my tournaments, though I do modify the 8-ball rules a little to make them more familiar to the local players. It also helps to have a real definition when explaining standard called shot.

StraightPoolIU
01-17-2014, 11:39 AM
I think the point is to try to standardize the rules. Unfortunately, there's no enforcement of this standardization, and tournament directors just do what they want.

I use the book myself for my tournaments, though I do modify the 8-ball rules a little to make them more familiar to the local players. It also helps to have a real definition when explaining standard called shot.

Of course you're right. The lack of standardization is the problem, but if standardization is the endgame what are they doing to achieve it other than putting out another rule set? Truthfully the lack of enforcement of standardization in rules ultimately comes from their lack of legitimacy as a rule making body. Rule making/governing bodies in other sports don't double as trade organizations. They actually stick to their original mission of protecting and growing the game. This is will remain the case until something else takes up that mantle.

leto1776
01-17-2014, 12:07 PM
Of course you're right. The lack of standardization is the problem, but if standardization is the endgame what are they doing to achieve it other than putting out another rule set? Truthfully the lack of enforcement of standardization in rules ultimately comes from their lack of legitimacy as a rule making body. Rule making/governing bodies in other sports don't double as trade organizations. They actually stick to their original mission of protecting and growing the game. This is will remain the case until something else takes up that mantle.

You're right. Either a new organization needs to be formed (and that takes a lot of cheddar, and how to get that goes beyond the scope of this post), or a house cleaning of the BCA board needs to be done.

Mr. Bond
01-17-2014, 12:37 PM

I think it would be fine if they did both ( trade and "play" ) if they could do both effectively, because at least at one point they did do both effectively. But, as Rob mentioned, several unfortunate elements all came together at once, rendering them more or less helpless when it comes to certain functions.

As an example, the professional pool activities and support have all but ceased, not because they wanted it to, but because they had no choice. No money, no support for pro pool. And to make matters worse, the pro players have all but abandoned the BCA as well, because they also had no choice but to fend for themselves, so to speak.

But that situation, which is completely reversible, believe it or not, was actually made worse, with the players attempting, via Charlie Williams' half-baked idea of creating their "own" player association and creating a new pseudo- points system. It has done nothing but drive the players further into the ditch and fragment the existing system.

And, to add insult to injury, the BCA (Ivan Lee specifically) was consulted when this new players association was formed, and (probably against his better judgement) Ivan graciously gave them a ton of good advice about how to properly execute their plan, which they expeditiously and thoroughly ignored, obviously to their own detriment, and where did it get them?

Here. Which is nowhere.

I guess the male pros needed to learn their lesson the hard way. But at the end of the day, also as Rob and Ivan have both stated, they (BCA) are perfectly willing to work with them if they chose to do so. And at this point I don't see why they don't. Are there hurdles? Hell yes. But both parties have everything to gain and nothing much left to lose.

Working with the BCA or not, the men should take a few lessons from the WPBA and start over, with their own source of income, instead of waiting for the world to feed them, or standing on the corner with a lemonade stand, or marching around with protest signs wondering why "nobody loves them" anymore.

Then of course you have the rogues; who "don't need no stinking badges" and would rather sit in their own feces than stand up and do something about their own future..

Blame the BCA? It sure seems to be popular, but are they really the cause, or the victim? Blame the players? It sure seems to be popular, but are they the cause or the victim?

Ask the BCA what they are doing in the pool world and at least they have an answer, albeit a short one. Ask the players what they are doing in the pool world and what will their answer be?

bfdlad
01-17-2014, 12:55 PM

Although am not a player and maybe my opinion means zero, I am in favor of standardizing. Rules are one thing equipment is another. It is so hard to standardize equipment. Pocket size, cloth?

StraightPoolIU
01-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Although am not a player and maybe my opinion means zero, I am in favor of standardizing. Rules are one thing equipment is another. It is so hard to standardize equipment. Pocket size, cloth?

I'm absolutely in favor of standardizing rules. It would absolutely make it easier for everyone. Players. Tournament Directors. Fans. One of the things that always puzzled me about pool is why every tournament has different rules. I've never understood it. I would think tournaments would want to eliminate confusion over the rules as much as possible as a practical matter. Largely I believe it's due to the fact that I stated previously. There is no organization in pool with enough legitimacy or gravitas to make rules that everyone accepts prima facie. Equipment standards are different. Some standards could be set by rule makers i.e. what is legal and not legal equipment, but other standards and setups would probably have to come from a Tour organization. For example the USGA and R&A set the rules of golf and deem equipment legal. The PGA Tour sets up the courses in regards to length, rough height, green speed, etc.

bfdlad
01-17-2014, 01:34 PM
I'm absolutely in favor of standardizing rules. It would absolutely make it easier for everyone. Players. Tournament Directors. Fans. One of the things that always puzzled me about pool is why every tournament has different rules. I've never understood it. I would think tournaments would want to eliminate confusion over the rules as much as possible as a practical matter. Largely I believe it's due to the fact that I stated previously. There is no organization in pool with enough legitimacy or gravitas to make rules that everyone accepts prima facie. Equipment standards are different. Some standards could be set by rule makers i.e. what is legal and not legal equipment, but other standards and setups would probably have to come from a Tour organization. For example the USGA and R&A set the rules of golf and deem equipment legal. The PGA Tour sets up the courses in regards to length, rough height, green speed, etc.

Again, although in favor of standardizing I think at this point only rules could be done. equipment would maybe lose events. Example, Lets say I have 25k to add to tourney but that's all. I have to hold it at a pool room and that room has Larger pockets than the rules allow. We can't expect pool rooms to change their pocket size at their cost. So what do you do? Not have the event? I may be wrong but it is not easy to get everyone to pay to have equipment comply.

leto1776
01-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Again, although in favor of standardizing I think at this point only rules could be done. equipment would maybe lose events. Example, Lets say I have 25k to add to tourney but that's all. I have to hold it at a pool room and that room has Larger pockets than the rules allow. We can't expect pool rooms to change their pocket size at their cost. So what do you do? Not have the event? I may be wrong but it is not easy to get everyone to pay to have equipment comply.

I agree that more than simple table standards (length, width, height etc) opens a big can of worms. "Oh, the only location currently available to you has 4 1/2" pockets instead of pro 4 1/4" pockets? Sorry, we can't sanction your event." Man, that would be instNt money lost.

bdorman
01-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Standardization is great, until you run face-first into the reality of it actually harming those it was intended to help.

Equipment is a perfect example as those who have mentioned pocket size explained.

But "playing rules" need to be flexible too. "All-ball fouls" or "Cue-ball fouls only" ? All-ball is fine for pros and semi-pros, but it would kill the amateur game. Open Table, or Play What You Make? Let the league decide what rule suits its customers best.

itsfroze
01-17-2014, 04:21 PM
Be sure, I would have loved to ask many more, and much 'harder' questions, but, also keep in mind that he doesn't have to answer anything. Interviews are tricky like that, ask the wrong question and click.......dial tone.

Nonetheless, I'm glad that the Q&A is making you think. And I HIGHLY recommend - that if you have something on your mind, a burning question, by all means either call or email Mr. Johnson, or one of the board members, and ask them.

That is the real point of all this - THINK - and then take action. If everyone who visits this forum spent a fraction of the effort that they do to post here, applying pressure, in the form of asking the right questions, perhaps the BCA or any other person or organization may feel the need to respond in kind with action. Maybe they are out of touch and need a wake up call? Maybe they believe that nobody cares?

Whatever the case, too many times, those who raise hard questions are looked at as troublemakers when in reality, it is they who actually care the most.

:cool:

Oh and by the way - LOL - speaking of coffee talk, someone asked me about this.....
I kinda slurred the words a little on the show - Mike needs to get back on the HORSE, not whores ! LMAO
---------------------------------------------
(Answer to first bold part at top)
If you asked MR. BCA guy tough questions and he wouldn't answer or even worse he hung up. That would be fine, because there it would be for all to see he's not the right guy for the job!!!

(Answer to second bold part)
Mr. Bond not trying to be a wise *ss but, you had him on the phone and didn't apply any pressure at all by asking the right questions? Imagine the cheers you would receive from this forum, and I for one would have been up front cheering the loudest.

"Maybe they believe nobody cares" as you say, that might be right if they're talking to each other there at the BCA. But then I don't think that line would start with maybe it might instead would read like this. "Definitely they believe nobody cares"

Why would I say that, well let me see maybe because the BCA guy said he doesn't pay any attention to what people say. That is because, why? if I was working hard everyday for the betterment of Pool and thought I was doing a good job. I would definitely want to see if people were noticing or if they were mentioning things that could be done that had possible been overlooked at the very least.

However if I was just there trying make the fat that much fatter, selling off money making leagues, handing out plaques, and slapping my like minded buddies on the back, well then hell no I wouldn't want to pay any attention to what people were saying either.

Because it may sound like what is written above, so I'd just keep my head in the sand remember to not use the word problem ever, because that might draw attention.
Go on about my day to day business pretending the BCA gives a c**p about the Pros. All the while knowing that actions speak louder than words, just hoping no one notices
that the word side of the equation way out weighs the action side.

If I was working hard for the betterment of Pool everyday, as he says the BCA does and the Pool industry was shirking for probably the last ten years.The Pro game getting close to the point of hardly existing. I would think it's time to stop working so hard and start working smarter.

StraightPoolIU
01-17-2014, 04:46 PM

Yeah sorry I was trying to say I agree with you. My point was that standardized equipment only becomes feasible once there is a theoretical powerful tour organization that can put on it's own events with it's own equipment. Say for example a 32 man tour that holds it's events on 4 to 6 tables that would go from event to event.

Also I think rules standardization is overall more important to the health of the game than equipment standards. As for whether certain rules would ruin the game for amateurs I disagree. People would adapt if everyone was playing one rule set. Also, as a practical matter certain rules that are in effect in tournaments could be adjusted where appropriate in informal competition. In other words most people don't call 3 seconds/defensive 3 seconds in pickup games, people allow mulligans on the golf course, etc.

itsfroze
01-17-2014, 04:55 PM
Question for the BCA, THAT I DON'T THINK THEY WANT TO ANSWER

Didn't you sell the BCA Pool league because the APA complained that for you (the BCA) trade association to run and own the the BCA league was a conflict of interest?
So you sold the money making league.

That said,

You (The BCA) being the governing body for Pool in North America (under the WPA umbrella) wouldn't it have made sense to keep the money making BCA league
as those monies could have gone to funding Pro tournaments. Which you say you want to do, but you now have no money to do?

I find it hard to see how wearing both caps affords you the ability to do the best job for both the Pro Players and the Industry people.
Sadly it appears to me and I think a lot of others that you (The BCA) has decided to your best job for the industry people and dam the Pro Players.

Fine then work for the industry people and let go of the part where you're the governing body for Pool in North America. As the above shows you cannot do a fair and
just job for both, it also shows which side you have chosen as your actions speak very clearly. Much more clearly than you words I'm afraid.

The BCA being the governing body for Pool in North America of coarse sounds good and gives the industry side more clout, so of coarse you don't want to let that go.
Your track record however has proven that you can't steer two ships at once and keep them both on coarse ! In fact one is sinking at this very moment !

Johnnyt
01-17-2014, 04:59 PM
The BCA can't help pro pool out right now, but they want to hold on to those points because there not political. :eek:. Johnnyt

nb92
01-17-2014, 05:02 PM

- Pete

You should have JAM call in and do the interview with the BCA guy.... LOL... That would epic!

Kid Dynomite
01-17-2014, 05:04 PM
You should have JAM call in and do the interview with the BCA guy.... LOL... That would epic!

Lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

nb92
01-17-2014, 05:11 PM

- Pete

Ok... the BCA is completely irrelevant to the future of pool ... maybe an organized boycott of members in the association would get someone's attention and apply some pressure to do something. Otherwise they are a trade organization, nothing more.

itsfroze
01-17-2014, 05:20 PM

I would definitely tune in for that, as she would do a great job!

PS. They might have to have a medic standing by for the BCA guy.

Scott Lee
01-18-2014, 06:30 AM

- Pete

Pete...Don't forget about the One Minute Pool Instructor tips! :grin-square:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

JAM
01-18-2014, 06:33 AM
I would definitely tune in for that, as she would do a great job!

PS. They might have to have a medic standing by for the BCA guy.

:grin::grin::grin:

I'm actually pretty strong when it comes to choosing my words carefully on the record. ;)

Scott Lee
01-18-2014, 08:27 AM

- Pete

Scott Lee

Mr. Bond
01-19-2014, 09:26 AM

Scott Lee

Sorry about that Scott - I really like the instructional tips.
I'm wondering if the listeners wouldn't enjoy 'table maintenance' tips as well?