PDA

View Full Version : AZ GOLD MEMBERSHIP for Sellers and all that ENJOY AZ

kvinbrwr
01-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Jerry started a thread in the For Sale Forum requesting that those that sell on AZ to voluntarily (what a great place) pay the pittance required to upgrade their membership to Gold status. It seems a small thing to ask (again voluntarily and asked in the nicest possible way) to help support the site sellers make money off of. It also seems that folks that don't sell might want to chip in as a way of thanking the site for being a place we like to hang out in.

Jerry's thread met with much success, lots of guys saying "thanks I did it" and sporting the Silver and Gold thing you do when you first sign up. Then the thread degenerated (as threads often do here) to a slap-fest between a couple of guys demanding their right to think the way they do and a bunch of guys trying to tell them how to think. Jerry has now turned that thread into a sticky and I think we all know that means about 10% of the views it would get otherwise.

So I'm asking, if you sell here at all, pay AZ the respect it deserves and sign up for a Gold membership. If you enjoy the site at all, even if you don't make any money here, please consider it.

If you don't think its a good idea, that's cool with me, just please prove it by not signing up.

Thanks

Kevin

Tittyhooked
01-17-2014, 04:44 PM
I read Jerry's thread and have followed it since. Jerry is not asking too much of frequent sellers to become Gold members. In fact, I don't think it would be asking too much if people who visit this often to become Gold members. I also think that Jerry should offer a Platinum membership. I personally have sold items on this site however, I do not plan on selling anything in the near future. Irregardless, I visit this site daily and will be financially supporting this awesome web site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Hog ridr
01-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Not an unreasonable request Kevin. Specially for people that do more than one sale on occasion.

There were a couple of sellers here that used the sale Forum for their personal use and advertising for their web sites.

When the new Sale Rules kicked in some time ago, poof, they were gone. Thats ok cause neither of them contributed to any other Forum anyway. It was just a big use.

I decided to go Gold just because of all the time spent on line, the majority is spent on AZ and I have gotten both a lot of very useful info plus enjoyment by being here.

The Machinery and Ask the Cue Maker was worth a ton. I might be able to join all my text files and write a small book.

kvinbrwr
01-17-2014, 04:52 PM
Not an unreasonable request Kevin. Specially for people that do more than one sale on occasion.

There were a couple of sellers here that used the sale Forum for their personal use and advertising for their web sites.

When the new Sale Rules kicked in some time ago, poof, they were gone. Thats ok cause neither of them contributed to any other Forum anyway. It was just a big use.

I decided to go Gold just because of all the time spent on line, the majority is spent on AZ and I have gotten both a lot of very useful info plus enjoyment by being here.

The Machinery and Ask the Cue Maker was worth a ton. I might be able to join all my text files and write a small book.

I thought his request was beyond reasonable. I get that not everyone thinks like me and that's what makes the world go round (although it would be a way better place if everyone DID think like me, or better still, if I ran things), but it was way fun watching Jerry's request meet with success and if there is anyone else out there that would consider ponying up, I wish they would.

TomHay
01-17-2014, 04:55 PM
I will pay for a Gold Membership once a moth for worthy posters, least I can do for all the great threads in here.

Tittyhooked
01-17-2014, 04:57 PM
Just paid and instantly got my Gold status. Looks like I am Golden.

kvinbrwr
01-17-2014, 04:58 PM
I will pay for a Gold Membership once a moth for worthy posters, least I can do for all the great threads in here.

The Tom Hay post of the month award. First guy you do it for will win some MONSTER JB one-off case in the AZ give-way and everyone will be all "give the case to Hay" and the
guy who won the case will be "who?"

kvinbrwr
01-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Just paid and instantly got my Gold status. Looks like I am Golden.

Sweet. It kinda twinkles when you are silver AND gold.

I don't remember how it exactly worked in The Hunger Games, but I think i should get an extra JB case raffle try for every member that goes gold in this thread.

$TAKE HOR$E
01-17-2014, 05:05 PM
I did the gold membership today, had it once before and just never renewed it. What Jerry is asking for is very fair indeed to those that benefit from the WFS section....but, it's also just as beneficial to any member really. Just the added message part is worth $3 a month. I can't count the number of times I have deleted messages that later on I would have liked to been able to look back on.

kvinbrwr
01-17-2014, 05:06 PM
I did the gold membership today, had it once before and just never renewed it. What Jerry is asking for is very fair indeed to those that benefit from the WFS section....but, it's also just as beneficial to any member really. Just the added message part is worth $3 a month. I can't count the number of times I have deleted messages that later on I would have liked to been able to look back on.

Beauty. Looks good on you.

Allen Brown
01-17-2014, 05:10 PM
I've never sold a thing here, but I have bought a few things. I love this place and I don't want to see it go away. I get a lot of enjoyment in the evenings, after work, coming on here and spending time with "family". I upgraded today when I got home.

kvinbrwr
01-17-2014, 05:14 PM
I've never sold a thing here, but I have bought a few things. I love this place and I don't want to see it go away. I get a lot of enjoyment in the evenings, after work, coming on here and spending time with "family". I upgraded today when I got home.

Yeah its a great place and if you hangout here at all its a great deal to go Gold.

Bavafongoul
01-17-2014, 05:19 PM
I read Jerry's thread and frankly, it made me feel like I was taking advantage of the Forum.
Honestly, at Christmas time, I gave a homeless guy I've seen at a Burger King a $20 gift card.

The Forum Gold Membership costs $2.91/mth (annualized)......$.68/wk........Less Than 10 Cents Per Day.

I really can't imagine how almost AZer couldn't somehow figure how to cover the added "cost of only ten cents/day".
I became gold yesterday and it was really long past due.

Johnnyt
01-17-2014, 05:24 PM
Jerry shouldn't have to ask sellers to go gold. It's just the right thing to do for them. I've said in the past that I would never buy anything from a seller of billiard stuff no matter how good the deal is. Johnnyt

kvinbrwr
01-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Jerry shouldn't have to ask sellers to go gold. It's just the right thing to do for them. I've said in the past that I would never buy anything from a seller of billiard stuff no matter how good the deal is. Johnnyt

He doesn't have to ask. Its his site. He could tell everyone they have to, but he didn't.

You have to give the guy credit for that. Its really why it is such a great place.

FairladyZ
01-17-2014, 05:29 PM
I just paid up for a year, even though I do not sell here or plan to sell. I know first hand how expensive it can be to keep a site like this alive and above boards....I own 2 100K member boards myself. I'm only too happy to contribute, this is a great site.

CPB614
01-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Kevin,

Great Post. Great site...small price to pay for the friendships, info and knowledge...

Kevin

kvinbrwr
01-17-2014, 07:08 PM
Kevin,

Great Post. Great site...small price to pay for the friendships, info and knowledge...

Kevin

Kevin

Thanks. That is no kidding. Name the subject regarding pool and the absolute final word expert is here on AZ and willing to talk about it.

Thanks again

Kevin

kvinbrwr
01-17-2014, 07:10 PM
I'll show that Dean a thing or two about pimpin'

NO PICS of a GOLD MEMBERSHIP.

Just buy it and you will be able to tell your kids kids about it.

CPB614
01-17-2014, 07:12 PM
Kevin

Thanks. That is no kidding. Name the subject regarding pool and the absolute final word expert is here on AZ and willing to talk about it.

Thanks again

Kevin

Truth..I have gotten so much info, and so many answers, not just any answers, answers that have helped me out immensely.

Glad this site is here....

Kevin

mortuarymike-nv
01-17-2014, 07:25 PM

No one had to ask me, I had no problem being a paid member from the first cue I listed. I always felt that was the least I could do.

But I get the feeling some of these guys are so cheap they steal tip's off table :thumbup:

MMike

Maxx
01-17-2014, 07:43 PM
Selling, who's selling?

I guess that I just won't buy from somebody that has a bunch of sales here but is too cheap to support the place.

Blue Hog ridr
01-17-2014, 08:40 PM
But I get the feeling some of these guys are so cheap they steal tip's off table

Hey, I take my folding needle nose pliers to the bar. Where do you think I get all my Le Pros from. I steal the tips and then get paid to re tip the bar cues. A guys gotta eat ya know.

Maxx, with the amount of people, sellers that have purchased a Gold, I think that just about anyone that hasn't bought a Membership, would be almost ashamed to work the Sale Forum without one. Thats if they work the Forum on a regular basis.

If a person just wants to sell one cue or prospect a trade on a cue, should they feel obligated to buy a Gold just for one transaction. If they make a habit out of it, I am sure that someone will say something to them.

Maxx
01-17-2014, 08:54 PM
........ If a person just wants to sell one cue or prospect a trade on a cue, should they feel obligated to buy a Gold just for one transaction. ........

Nope, but it seems like the majority of the sales are from dealers or flippers. I would say that if sombody has a link to other cues for sale in the signature then they are cheaper than a guy pops tips off just to get a little exrtra cue repair work! :)

TATE
01-17-2014, 09:40 PM
Jerry started a thread in the For Sale Forum requesting that those that sell on AZ to voluntarily (what a great place) pay the pittance required to upgrade their membership to Gold status. It seems a small thing to ask (again voluntarily and asked in the nicest possible way) to help support the site sellers make money off of. It also seems that folks that don't sell might want to chip in as a way of thanking the site for being a place we like to hang out in.

Jerry's thread met with much success, lots of guys saying "thanks I did it" and sporting the Silver and Gold thing you do when you first sign up. Then the thread degenerated (as threads often do here) to a slap-fest between a couple of guys demanding their right to think the way they do and a bunch of guys trying to tell them how to think. Jerry has now turned that thread into a sticky and I think we all know that means about 10% of the views it would get otherwise.

So I'm asking, if you sell here at all, pay AZ the respect it deserves and sign up for a Gold membership. If you enjoy the site at all, even if you don't make any money here, please consider it.

If you don't think its a good idea, that's cool with me, just please prove it by not signing up.

Thanks

Kevin

Hear, hear!

Billy yard
01-18-2014, 01:03 AM
I have never sold....maybe one day. But I do enjoy the sight enough that it is worth being Gold. Yep just did it... Thanks for post or I may have missed out. Great site!

PINKLADY
01-18-2014, 01:33 AM
well aren't you just an AZB whore? ;)
you are buckin' for that JB case, aren't you?

good for you! VERY GOOD THREAD!

i finally bit the bullet a month ago. it was midnight, and i was tired of spending most of my time managing my maxed PM box. i had been meaning to go GOLD for months. done.

it's only $36 dollars....

and for all of yŠll SELLERS - this is called "bird-dog" money. i'm surprised it's not mandatory for yŠll. if you can't afford $3/month, then....

bullshooter69
01-18-2014, 02:46 AM
I jusr went and paid my Gold membership. I have been intending to for a while. I bought the yearly. Thanks AZ Billiards I guess im a junky im on here everyday.

Jerry Forsyth
01-18-2014, 05:41 AM
Thank you all so very, very much. This will let us bring you so much more stuff. I hope to see you all at the Derby and I do sincerely hope that fortune smiles upon you.

My toast to you:

"May I live a thousand years
and all of you a thousand plus one minute
that I may never suffer a moment's time
that does not have all of you in it."

Best Wishes,
Jerry

Brian_08
01-18-2014, 06:41 AM
I have to say, I've been a lurker here for quite some time, and have just recently began posting. I must say that this site has been the most help for my game and entertainment while deployed than any other. I have no speculations of selling on this site ( don't own any cues anyone would want lol) but I have NO problem paying for a year gold membership. It's the least I could do to help out such a great site.Best of luck Jerry. Thanks for such a great site.

JAM
01-18-2014, 06:45 AM
I have to say, I've been a lurker here for quite some time, and have just recently began posting. I must say that this site has been the most help for my game and entertainment while deployed than any other. I have no speculations of selling on this site ( don't own any cues anyone would want lol) but I have NO problem paying for a year gold membership. It's the least I could do to help out such a great site.Best of luck Jerry. Thanks for such a great site.

Thank you for your service. :smile:

Jerry Forsyth
01-18-2014, 06:53 AM

Brian,

Afghanistan! Man, I really appreciate you. Do you guys have a table over there? If so, what do you need? Cues? A new set of Aramith balls? Chalk? DVD's of great play? Tell me what you need and give me a mailing address to send it. I am sure a few phone calls can get me whatever you need. Don't be shy! Just ask.

-AZB and friends.

Cuebuddy
01-18-2014, 07:01 AM
Brian,

Afghanistan! Man, I really appreciate you. Do you guys have a table over there? If so, what do you need? Cues? A new set of Aramith balls? Chalk? DVD's of great play? Tell me what you need and give me a mailing address to send it. I am sure a few phone calls can get me whatever you need. Don't be shy! Just ask.

-AZB and friends.

Very cool offer to help, Jerry! I met you for a couple of minutes last month on the elevator in the Mirage. I just bought a case from JB so it is your generosity that inspired me to go gold.

Thank you also Brian_08!!!

Brian_08
01-18-2014, 07:27 AM
Brian,

-AZB and friends.
Thanks for the offer Jerry, Man that really touches deep... We don't even have a table out here worth mentioning lol..... I wouldn't send my cues out here regardless lol... They aren't worth much ( considering what is for sale on here all the time lol) BUT they were all made for me by guys not making cues anymore in my area lol..... I wouldn't even know what to ask for to even consider taking you up on your EXTREMELY generous offer. Dvds of great play is an awesome thought.. If any of you guys are in the Virginia area during march I will be taking a trip up to Diamond Biliards and Q masters for a couple days and would love to meet some of the people that I have looked up to for answers on this awesome page. Have a blessed day guys. And thanks again for the VERY VERY generous offer Jerry. You have a PM sir.

Maxx
01-18-2014, 07:38 AM
Thank you all so very, very much. This will let us bring you so much more stuff. I hope to see you all at the Derby and I do sincerely hope that fortune smiles upon you.

My toast to you:

"May I live a thousand years
and all of you a thousand plus one minute
that I may never suffer a moment's time
that does not have all of you in it."

Best Wishes,
Jerry

Seems like a successful campaign!

KoolKat9Lives
01-18-2014, 07:53 AM
Ain't no way I'm paying to go Gold since I only post once a minute. ;)

The doors that AZB has opened for me are too many to list. The people I have met, the friendships I have forged, the knowledge I have gained... AND Mr Howerton gave us a free T shirt at The Cup - eat your heart out Trampsteamer!

AZB is pure Gold!

kvinbrwr
01-18-2014, 08:33 AM
well aren't you just an AZB whore? ;)
you are buckin' for that JB case, aren't you?

good for you! VERY GOOD THREAD!

i finally bit the bullet a month ago. it was midnight, and i was tired of spending most of my time managing my maxed PM box. i had been meaning to go GOLD for months. done.

it's only $36 dollars....

and for all of yŠll SELLERS - this is called "bird-dog" money. i'm surprised it's not mandatory for yŠll. if you can't afford $3/month, then....

I think it was before your time here but Manwon dubbed me a Cue Pimp and now that that market has softened a bit, I'm just a pimp in general. Matter of fact, if you are looking for work? (times are tough)

Yes I aim to win a case. My luck is so darn strong I'm looking to get as much competition involved in the drawing as I can, sorta to even things out.

Thanks

Kevin

Jerry Forsyth
01-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Brian sent me a PM with a very few very modest requests. Brian, it goes out to you on Monday. Thank you for representing our country.

TheCueHunter
01-18-2014, 09:33 AM
Brian sent me a PM with a very few very modest requests. Brian, it goes out to you on Monday. Thank you for representing our country.

I would also like to send some rare DVDs of pool matches if possible..

Thanks for your service, you are a TRUE hero

Brian_08
01-18-2014, 09:35 AM
Thank you for offering up such a big help. You sir, get it. It's not WHAT you have or offer, it's WHO offers it, HOW they offer it and the way in which it is perceived. You are a class act gentleman and I applaud you sir.:thumbup::thumbup:

pogmothoin
01-18-2014, 09:36 AM
I too enjoy visiting the site daily and if it helps keep things going I'm in too. :thumbup:

justadub
01-18-2014, 09:41 AM

Good on you, too.

Thank you, Brian! Stay safe

Celtic
01-18-2014, 09:48 AM
editted out, was not my intent to muddy up the thread.

kvinbrwr
01-18-2014, 09:52 AM
Some members who make money using AZB as their selling platform refused to pay for the gold nembership (a tiny fraction of what this site brings them) and instead used the thread as their soapbox.

I personally wont buy anything from a non-gold seller who clearly uses AZB like a lease free storefront.

Would that be the very same soap box which you are now using?

I'm sure the fear of the loss of your business considering your 1 transaction in 11 years as a member will force those recalcitrant sellers right into line.

Brian_08
01-18-2014, 10:07 AM
Good on you, too.

Thank you, Brian! Stay safe

Thank you all. The generosity that has been extended on this thread is overwhelming. The real thanks and praise should be saved for the men and women in uniform though. THEY are the ones whom we owe EVERYTHING. I'm merely a civilian contractor attempting to do my part. God bless and may all of you receive blessings 10 fold that which you have offered unto me.

SC02GTP
01-18-2014, 10:33 AM
This is one of the few bright spots left for pool and pool players. Gold membership cost is nothing to pay considering what you get in return. I plan on staying Gold for as long as I am a member here.

Brian_08
01-18-2014, 10:35 AM
This is one of the few bright spots left for pool and pool players. Gold membership cost is nothing to pay considering what you get in return. I plan on staying Gold for as long as I am a member here.

I agree wholeheartedly. :thumbup:

FairladyZ
01-18-2014, 10:45 AM
Yes sir. Even though I'm still considered a 'noob' around here, this is the first forum I haven't been bored or annoyed with within 24 hours of joining....besides the fourms I own of course. This is a great site, for a great game (which I stink at these days), and the community here seems very tight. I'm happy to contribute in any way I can.....being a few bucks and some witty & insightful posts. :D

PINKLADY
01-18-2014, 10:47 AM
this is really a cool thing - flip through all pages & see who have just gone GOLD! especially the new members from BRONZE, to GOLD.

we're sitting here laughing, that for the entertainment aspect alone, we should be paying $36/DAY.... (we're also picturing Kevin in a purple pin-striped suit w/ a 2-foot feather coming out of his big-ass hat)

kvinbrwr
01-18-2014, 10:56 AM
this is really a cool thing - flip through all pages & see who have just gone gold! Especially the new members from bronze, to gold.

We're sitting here laughing, that for the entertainment aspect alone, we should be paying $36/day.... (we're also picturing kevin in a purple pin-striped suit w/ a 2-foot feather coming out of his big-ass hat)

Pimp Cup!!!!

OK you are looking to hire a rep for some line of BS furniture. Its down to me (should be the clear front runner) and Dean. You set us up a show room and ask us to make our presentations. I bring out the biggest, highest backed, most ornate arm chair and raise it it on a platform, sweeping my ermine robe out of the way as I sit and with great drama and fanfare refer to the remaining pieces as my *****es (rhymes with switches).

Dean comes out, aghast you have provided him samples and immediately demands the curtain comes down so he can sell just by his admittedly impressive personae.

Who do you hire?

PINKLADY
01-18-2014, 02:48 PM
Pimp Cup!!!!

OK you are looking to hire a rep for some line of BS furniture. Its down to me (should be the clear front runner) and Dean. You set us up a show room and ask us to make our presentations. I bring out the biggest, highest backed, most ornate arm chair and raise it it on a platform, sweeping my ermine robe out of the way as I sit and with great drama and fanfare refer to the remaining pieces as my *****es (rhymes with switches).

Dean comes out, aghast you have provided him samples and immediately demands the curtain comes down so he can sell just by his admittedly impressive personae.

Who do you hire?

you're gonna have to get in line behind KK9
(we do it in solid gold or silver, too)

kvinbrwr
01-18-2014, 02:51 PM
you're gonna have to get in line behind KK9
(we do it in solid gold or silver, too)

He be pimpin

Oh and arranging to send a Gold Star for your old man to smack on your forehead for knowing your inventory. That's, of course, a huge key to sales. I was talking to a cue dealer the other day about a cue (17K!!!!) and asked him if he had it in his possession and he was all "I think so".

I was all, WELL DO YOU THINK YOU COULD CHECK ??????????

No Gold Star for him.

LOL

Kevin

Bavafongoul
01-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Any readers that haven't stepped up and gone gold yet......remember it costs less than 10 cents a day.
Think about it......howd'ya spend your money today and do ya think another dime would make a difference.
Well, probably not with you but with the Forum it can when a lot of AZers step up and become "gold".

10 cents per day...........Come on..........and you also get a chance to win stuff too.

Matt B.

kvinbrwr
01-18-2014, 06:32 PM
Any readers that haven't stepped up and gone gold yet......remember it costs less than 10 cents a day.
Think about it......howd'ya spend your money today and do ya think another dime would make a difference.
Well, probably not with you but with the Forum it can when a lot of AZers step up and become "gold".

10 cents per day...........Come on..........and you also get a chance to win stuff too.

Matt B.

Considering that AZ is "open" 24 hours a day, that means a membership costs you less than 1/2 a cent an hour.

Gotta love the reduction to the ridiculous close.

JonTravisTaylor
01-18-2014, 08:36 PM
I'm golden now baby!

jayrox
01-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Just signed up for the yearly Gold membership! I haven't sold anything (yet), but am always on here looking for a deal. Kept meaning to sign up for gold, but never seemed to remember to. The past couple threads were just what I needed to complete the process.

Jason

TWOFORPOOL
01-24-2014, 05:15 PM
Ok. I give. I just bought my gold membership for a year! I get so much from this site that I feel you have to help out!

victorl
01-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Was meaning to do it for a while now and finally did it. Thanks to Jerry and all for your hard work in keeping AZB up and runnin for all us ingrateful bangers!

metallicane
01-24-2014, 08:43 PM

Thanks

Kevin

Right on Kevin and I hope you get your Gus back too.

Cue-Z
01-24-2014, 09:12 PM
I have had a paid membership here on AZB since I found out about them in 2008.
Once the Gold Memberships started....I got mine right away!!
I sell on this site every once in a while.....Buying a membership is just the right thing to do!