PDA

View Full Version : please help identify "J" cue

poolguppy
01-17-2014, 04:39 PM
I waa killing time in euegene today waiting for an appointment, so stopped by a nearby thriftstore to wonder around. Found a soft cue case, opened it up and low and behold the cue inside wasnt fiberglass . Its a sneaky pete style, has double silver rings in the joints and butt. And is only marked by a big plain capital J. Has a nice feel to it, decently heavy so decided it would make a nice break cue. did a little searching on my phone while waiting for this appointment still but couldnt find a plain J cue. I bet itll be easy for some one , would be much appreciated!

TheNewSharkster
01-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Can you take a picture with your phone and post it?

poolguppy
01-17-2014, 05:20 PM
Afraid i cant get my phone to communicate, hit choose file and nothing, ill do it from my computer tonight

William
01-17-2014, 06:09 PM
Until you get the picture, where is the J at?

worktheknight
01-17-2014, 06:18 PM
Could be an old Joss N1 as seen in this brochure.

poolguppy
01-17-2014, 06:40 PM
The J is in the butt cap, its a black butt with the J being white, and the font is the exact same as is typed, no cross or bar at the the top of the J. And its wrapless 4pt cue

poolguppy
01-17-2014, 11:33 PM
sorry if the pics are a little big. To my amazement i got home and put it together, and its perfectly straight, the tip if rock hard which i dont like but it feels like a decent shooter, much like my custom

cue fix
01-18-2014, 12:10 AM
May be an early cue made by Dave Jones. He usually uses a DJ, but maybe not at the start.

poolguppy
01-18-2014, 11:59 PM
did some searching of old DJ cues and short of contacting him directly i couldn't find any plain J cue from him. any other suggestions? my curiosity is getting the better of me about it! the tip feels like a rock hard 30 year old one, tried shaping it but its mushroomed out and not going easy, probably have it replaced then make it my traveler, leave my good cue at home. I have found a few older jacobys with near identical silver rings but none identified by a plain J

poolguppy
02-11-2014, 03:09 PM
anyone? bueller? ....bueller?