PDA

View Full Version : watching live stream on android tablet question

DJordan816
01-18-2014, 12:14 PM
I have an android tablet and when I try to watch live streams it says I need flash player. when I try to get flash player it says it isn't supported by my device. what do I do?

ScottK
01-18-2014, 09:43 PM
Try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKJxjVn6wM0

trob
01-19-2014, 03:54 AM
If it's live your trying to watch you will have to download the u stream app. If it's not on u stream your kind of screwed. Android users gave apple shit because they didn't want to allow flash because it's junk but android must have realized it to because they took it out of there operating system also lol

ScottK
01-19-2014, 05:26 AM
If it's live your trying to watch you will have to download the u stream app. If it's not on u stream your kind of screwed. Android users gave apple shit because they didn't want to allow flash because it's junk but android must have realized it to because they took it out of there operating system also lol

Android users "gave Apple shit" because Apple doesn't give you a choice. Flash is just one example. However, Android does give you the choice to install Flash... even now that it is no longer in the Play store.

He isn't "kind of screwed." If Flash is what he needs to view the content he's trying to watch, he can install it.

kaznj
01-19-2014, 05:48 AM
Scott how do you get it if it is not in the app store?

Maxx
01-19-2014, 07:20 AM

You can manually install it, just goggle "install flash on android".

I think this is the tutorial that I used:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061194

Basically you are installing the last available flash version for android. You can then use it with a browser like firefox. I don't believe that chrome will support a flash plug-in, so I just use firefox for streams.

I didn't look at the you tube link above, it is probably something similar.

(((Satori)))
01-19-2014, 07:25 AM
You can download puffin browser from the app store. It will play flash videos or streams.

ScottK
01-19-2014, 10:41 PM

Adobe has the APK available for download on their site.

Download the correct file for your version of Android, in your Settings, under Security, check the box for Unknown Sources. This will allow you to install APKs which are not from the Google Play store. Then, install the APK you downloaded from Adobe.

Once you have it installed, go back into your settings and uncheck the "Unknown Sources" box.

Flash will work with the standard Android browser. Personally, I suggest not loading Flash content by default in the browser settings. You'll get a placeholder graphic indicating there is Flash content and you can choose to load it by touching the placeholder.

trob
01-20-2014, 02:31 AM
Android users "gave Apple shit" because Apple doesn't give you a choice. Flash is just one example. However, Android does give you the choice to install Flash... even now that it is no longer in the Play store.

He isn't "kind of screwed." If Flash is what he needs to view the content he's trying to watch, he can install it.

I don't think he needs to anymore...I watched the strickland match without going to the app. Maybe u stream finally went to html5?