PDA

View Full Version : Two Top California Players matching up

Tom In Cincy
06-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Yesterday a '10 ahead' match for 5 (edited I fat fingered a 6 by mistake) figures started and after 4½ hrs. the older player was up one game. Both players reached 4 ahead during play and lost the big MO.
They are using the Pro Cup cue ball and when they use their stroke, the Pro Cup ball reacts just like the red circle.
Rail bird population was around 50 at one point, but never less than 20+.
There was mention of quit at 6am this morning if neither were close to the 10 ahead figure and taking a 12 hour break and resuming at 6pm tonite.

I left early (had to be at work this morning) and don't know if either of them made the goal by 6am.

When I know more, I'll up date.

frankncali
06-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Yesterday a '10 ahead' match for 6 figures started and after 4½ hrs. the older player was up one game. Both players reached 4 ahead during play and lost the big MO.
They are using the Pro Cup cue ball and when they use their stroke, the Pro Cup ball reacts just like the red circle.
Rail bird population was around 50 at one point, but never less than 20+.
There was mention of quit at 6am this morning if neither were close to the 10 ahead figure and taking a 12 hour break and resuming at 6pm tonite.

I left early (had to be at work this morning) and don't know if either of them made the goal by 6am.

When I know more, I'll up date.

Come on Tom quit being a tease ;)
Who are the guys?
6 figures!!!!! Thats serious jellybeans

Thanks for sharing

Tom In Cincy
06-30-2006, 09:47 AM
Come on Tom quit being a tease ;)
Who are the guys?
6 figures!!!!! Thats serious jellybeans

Thanks for sharing

Frank... you know the latest woofers in the state. 9 Ball...no way could it be 1P.

StevenPWaldon
Tony and Ernesto at it again?

sharandrew
watching a big match and the players were not the story!!!!!!

Williebetmore
06-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Yesterday a '10 ahead' match for 6 figures .

Tom In ?Cincy?,
Are you sure it wasn't 5 figures? We have matches here occasionally for 10K, but I have NEVER seen a match for 100K (sounds like an old Detroit match-up).

Tom In Cincy
06-30-2006, 09:53 AM
watching a big match and the players were not the story!!!!!!

If you knew these two players, their story hasn't changed in 5+ years for the younger and 20+ for the older.

GREAT shot making ability, postion play near perfect, safety play, breaking, stringing racks (3 to 4 at a time) and while I was watching, they kept quiet and took a break maybe once an hour.

JoeyInCali
06-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Kim vs Tony?
Thnx Tom.

StevenPWaldon
06-30-2006, 09:57 AM
I figured Chohan had to be involved, and I'd bet the KD is Davenport, yup.

Kim vs Tony?
Thnx Tom.

Tom In Cincy
06-30-2006, 09:57 AM
Tom In ?Cincy?,
Are you sure it wasn't 5 figures? We have matches here occasionally for 10K, but I have NEVER seen a match for 100K (sounds like an old Detroit match-up).

Correct... my keyboard has the 6 key way too close to the 5 key... and I have FAT fingers and I'm not a good editor of my own typing...

Thanks for catching this HUGE error...

and BTW, on other forums my alias is SactownTom. I moved to Sacramento in 2003 from Cincinnati (hence the Tom In Cincy handle). Work related move.

frankncali
06-30-2006, 09:59 AM
Thanks

Now I know. Should be entertaining.
Thanks and keep us updated if you can

Williebetmore
06-30-2006, 10:13 AM
and BTW, on other forums my alias is SactownTom. I moved to Sacramento in 2003 from Cincinnati (hence the Tom In Cincy handle). Work related move.

T,
I knew that (I lurk on CCB), I just like using the question marks.

Thanks for the report. We only occasionally get the big money matches here, but I ALWAYS enjoy seeing them.

PROG8R
06-30-2006, 11:36 AM
I hate to be the idiot here, but did I miss something? I can't find the names on here anywhere. Is it a secret match?

sixpack
06-30-2006, 11:39 AM
Correct... my keyboard has the 6 key way too close to the 5 key... and I have FAT fingers and I'm not a good editor of my own typing...

Thanks for catching this HUGE error...

Is it on to continue tonight? Might have to journey up there.

Cheers,
RC

Deadon
06-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Tony Chohan and Kim Davenport, 9 ball, 5K , 10 ahead. Back and forth, after about 5 hours Kim took it down. They talked about matching up again next week.

Mike

Playsome
06-30-2006, 02:38 PM
I was wondering when Kim was going to go get that money that Tony advertised for that challenge match. I doubt Kim will try him in 1p though! Way to go for Kim though, he seems to have come out of his eye problems well. Kim plays 9b awfully well and has the heart to go with his skill, Tony definately has his work cut out for him if they play again........Marc

Southdakotakid
06-30-2006, 04:20 PM
If anybody see kim tell him he is guaranteed 10,000 a set in south dakota. just what i did to tony chohan. and please tell him to send a private message through southdakotakid. :cool:

Playsome
06-30-2006, 05:06 PM
That would be a fun match to watch sdk...I've made a few bucks betting on you in Reno and Vegas, not sure who I'd take on a neutral table...On a barbox I'd have to go with the sdk! ............. Marc