PDA

View Full Version : US troops makes a difference in Iraq.

ATH
07-01-2006, 03:07 AM
As a non us citizen here in Europe i just want to say that i think the US troops does a great job.

jason
07-01-2006, 05:37 AM
Thank you for the kind word ATH and thanks to all U.S. service men and women. Hopefully they will all be out of there soon.

chuchu1604
07-01-2006, 06:35 AM
Maybe you should post this in NON RELATED POOL ....

ATH
07-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Of course, I'm terribly sorry i just wanted to show my support.

stroke
07-01-2006, 11:50 AM
The troops are doing very well. It's Bush who screwed up by invading a country on false pretenses. We need those forces in Afghanistan because the Taliban is STILL THERE!

Your vote can kill you.....

StraightPoolIU
07-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Thank you for your kind words especially just prior to Independence Day. Mr. Wilson, do you think it would be possible to move this to the Non Pool Related forum however before it turns into a political discussion.

worriedbeef
07-01-2006, 05:08 PM
the us troops have my backing, indeed all the forces there do. and i for one also believe them to be there for a good cause as well, and don't blame the world's troubles on bush.

Zims Rack
07-02-2006, 06:48 PM
As a Veteran and a spouse of current Active Duty wife....Thanks! It's not too often that we hear a "Thank You"! God Bless the world!

Zim

stroke
07-02-2006, 07:23 PM
the us troops have my backing, indeed all the forces there do. and i for one also believe them to be there for a good cause as well, and don't blame the world's troubles on bush.

They are in Afghanistan for a "good cause" but not Iraq. Saddam ruled with an iron fist which kept islamic radicals at bay. Since the illegal invasion, Iraq has become a terrorist haven. It has also stretched US troops way to thin and the insurgents ping pong between Iraq and Afghanistan at will. Now US troops are stuck in a Vietnam like war, where it's impossible to tell the enemy from a friend. Even when the enemy is surrounded, politics keep US troops from cleaning them out for fear of creating civilian casualties. This happened in Talifar (spelling). The US military had the enemy completely surrounded and was ready to attack when they got orders to wait until the civilians could leave. Well, the insurgents left with them and escaped. This is a strategy for disaster.

memikey
07-03-2006, 02:51 AM
I am a long term British resident of one of the friendlier and more moderate Middle East countries.In the last 2 years I have had a requirement to visit Iraq for civilian work/business related reasons on average about 2 days per month.I have no connection whatsoever to the military.

I don't want to enter the debates on the validity of the reasons given for the invasion of Iraq or the wisdom of attempts to impose democracy in an environment in which democracy is not necessarily the most appropriate political solution.

However,contrary to the many biased reports that you see of the deteriorating plight of the ordinary Iraqi citizen I do want to take this opportunity to categorically assure you from first hand on the ground evidence of my own eyes that their circumstances in the regions that I visit have steadily improved since the post-invasion clear up commenced.That is in no small part due to the hard work,bravery and dedication of troops of many nationalities,in particular American and British.They have their faults and bad apples,as does any collection of human beings,but in general their conduct and achievements in Iraq are deserving of praise and these servicemen should be considered a credit to their country,family and friends.