PDA

View Full Version : Canadian 9-ball championships

JIGS
07-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Just thought I would let everyone know that the Canadian 9-ball championships are taking place right now.
Brackets can be seen at http://www.snookerline.com/results/0506/Can/cs906.htm

TannerPruess
07-01-2006, 03:58 PM
Just thought I would let everyone know that the Canadian 9-ball championships are taking place right now.
Brackets can be seen at http://www.snookerline.com/results/0506/Can/cs906.htm
Thanks! I was looking around for these. :cool:

karambolista
07-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Where can I find the brackets for this tournament?

kyle
07-01-2006, 11:32 PM
The brackets are on the link provided by jigs, a pdf version can be found athttp://www.csns.ca/ too bad theres no webcast this year.

karambolista
07-02-2006, 01:26 AM
The brackets are on the link provided by jigs, a pdf version can be found athttp://www.csns.ca/ too bad theres no webcast this year.

Thanks a lot.

DaveK
07-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Thanks JIGS, much appreciated ! Too bad the Saskatchewan boys didn't fair that well. Jason K seems to be a no-show, Fabian loses to Brad Poorman (both from Regina, Poorman won the Sask 9 Ball) early in the B side, then Poorman looses. Bummer :(

Dave

JIGS
07-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Now if my info is correct,this is what I heard about the finals..... I apologize if it isn't... :)

Mens final: Alain Martel vs. Brady Gollan
Women's final: Nathalie Jacob vs. Naomi Williams
Junior Champion: John Morra

JIGS
07-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Congrats to Brady and Naomi... our new Canadian 9-ball champs!!

recoveryjones
07-03-2006, 01:39 AM
It's great to see a local BC boy like Brady Golan win.Also local Mike Vidas continues to play well winning 6 matches before narrowly losing 9-8 to Alain Martel who once finished Top 4 in a WPC.Mike is playing real great pool lately.
RJ

karambolista
07-03-2006, 02:41 AM
Congrats to Brady and Naomi... our new Canadian 9-ball champs!!

Does that mean that they get to represent Canada in this year's 9-ball World Pool Championship?

Terry
07-03-2006, 06:36 AM
Thanks JIGS, much appreciated ! Too bad the Saskatchewan boys didn't fair that well. Jason K seems to be a no-show, Fabian loses to Brad Poorman (both from Regina, Poorman won the Sask 9 Ball) early in the B side, then Poorman looses. Bummer :(

Dave
Hi Dave, Jason won his first two matches on the A-side before losing 11-8 to Brady, he then won his first match on the B-side before losing 9-6 to Orme. Jason is a good player but I find he gets distracted at big tournaments because I think his focus is on the side action. I thought he had a really good shot at winning the world juniors this year in Austria, jhe was shooting great and made it to the quater finals without a loss. The quarter finals is where the single elimination rounds kicked in. I'm sitting there and I see all the players out on the tables warming up but I don't see Jason. I tell John Morra to go check his room as they were staying in the same room and sure enough he's there sleeping because he was up all night. Jason gets to the tables with only enough time to shoot a couple of balls before the matches start. He was missing some easy shots that he hadn't missed the whole tournament and ended up losing to Hijikata of Japan 11-8 but he did make some money but I feel it was at the expence of a chance for the world junior crown.

DaveK
07-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Hi Dave, Jason won his first two matches on the A-side before losing 11-8 to Brady, he then won his first match on the B-side before losing 9-6 to Orme. Jason is a good player but I find he gets distracted at big tournaments because I think his focus is on the side action. I thought he had a really good shot at winning the world juniors this year in Austria, jhe was shooting great and made it to the quater finals without a loss. The quarter finals is where the single elimination rounds kicked in. I'm sitting there and I see all the players out on the tables warming up but I don't see Jason. I tell John Morra to go check his room as they were staying in the same room and sure enough he's there sleeping because he was up all night. Jason gets to the tables with only enough time to shoot a couple of balls before the matches start. He was missing some easy shots that he hadn't missed the whole tournament and ended up losing to Hijikata of Japan 11-8 but he did make some money but I feel it was at the expence of a chance for the world junior crown.

I'm not sure we're speaking of the same Jason. I was refering to Jason Kishayineu, a young fellow from Saskatoon. His first round is posted as an 11-0 loss to Jared Amyot, while in the second round he is marked "w/o" and his opponent advanced. I'm thinking he was a no-show.

Dave

Dave

Terry
07-03-2006, 09:13 AM
Dave, sorry about that, your right the Jason I was talking about is from Manitoba and got my provinces mixed up.