PDA

View Full Version : The IPT Rocks !!!

MikeJanis
07-02-2006, 06:20 PM
After reading a lot of negative posts I just thought I would add my 2cents and say something nice from an inside the industry point of view.

The IPT Rocks !

For quite a long time the billiard community has longed for someone or some entity to sponsor pool and put some real money in our sport.
NOW WE HAVE IT and It's GREAT !

Thank You IPT, Kevin Trudeau, Mike Sigel, Deno Andrews and everyone behind the scenes that has worked hard to put the IPT together. I'm sure it wasn't easy but you did it and it's great.

The IPT has stirred up the pot. Some don't agree that it's good but believe me, IT IS GOOD.

In the last few months we have seen many new sponsors get interested in our sport, many old ones interested in getting back into it and the ones that are in it doing more to support it. It's AWESOME !

To the nay-sayers, give it a chance and just sit back and enjoy.

To the pro-IPT, sit back, enjoy and reap the benefits.

To sum it up. The IPT with it's HUGE prize funds and TV coverage is not only good for our sport it's GREAT !

Thanks,

Mj

PoolSleuth
07-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Someone love the IPT, and that is a Good Thing...

Timberly
07-02-2006, 07:48 PM
In the last few months we have seen many new sponsors get interested in our sport, many old ones interested in getting back into it and the ones that are in it doing more to support it. It's AWESOME !
Just out of curiosity... what new/old sponsors? Are they advertising during the televised event or sponsoring players? I only ask because I haven't seen the televised events nor any players since Valley Forge so I'm a little behind the times these days....

MikeJanis
07-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Just out of curiosity... what new/old sponsors? Are they advertising during the televised event or sponsoring players? I only ask because I haven't seen the televised events nor any players since Valley Forge so I'm a little behind the times these days....

Tims, the new sponsorships are not limited to the IPT. It's across the board. Other tours and events have received interest from new and returning sponsors. I expect this to increase with time as the IPT becomes more mainstream.

Just to give you small example. Look at the IPT's list of rooms that have or will hold qualifier events ( http://www.internationalpooltour.com/ipt_content/event_qualifiers/na_06_open_default.asp#world ). Some of the rooms including Jillians are new to hosting tournaments or returning from the past to regenerate the list of possible tournament venues.

The rooms are sponsors to events just like cue or table manufacturers.

Mj

john schmidt
07-03-2006, 04:29 AM
After reading a lot of negative posts I just thought I would add my 2cents and say something nice from an inside the industry point of view.

The IPT Rocks !

For quite a long time the billiard community has longed for someone or some entity to sponsor pool and put some real money in our sport.
NOW WE HAVE IT and It's GREAT !

Thank You IPT, Kevin Trudeau, Mike Sigel, Deno Andrews and everyone behind the scenes that has worked hard to put the IPT together. I'm sure it wasn't easy but you did it and it's great.

The IPT has stirred up the pot. Some don't agree that it's good but believe me, IT IS GOOD.

To the nay-sayers, give it a chance and just sit back and enjoy.

To the pro-IPT, sit back, enjoy and reap the benefits.

To sum it up. The IPT with it's HUGE prize funds and TV coverage is not only good for our sport it's GREAT !

Thanks,

Mj
well said mike,i totally agree.

pooltchr
07-03-2006, 04:39 AM
Mike,
I'm with you on that one! Maybe the IPT isn't perfect, and I will agree that KT may not have the cleanest background, but here we are all talking about the tour, watching KOTH every Sunday night, and getting ready for the biggest payout for a tournament in the history of the game.
Beats the heck out of anything RJR did with the old Camel tour!
They are going to stumble along the way, but I believe they have already done more for the game than anyone ever did in the past.
Steve

rackmsuckr
07-05-2006, 01:36 PM
I agree, thanks Mike for giving the IPT its due. :)