PDA

View Full Version : my team won the state champ.

wakuljr
07-04-2006, 03:08 AM
i play in the southern nevada pool league, my team played in the champ. match. 3 rounds, 5 players play three games. yes, it is handicapped, my team had to give 10 points per round.........kinda made it hard..lol. well, it all came down to my game. i had to win, 10 points, while keeping my opponet to 4 balls or less, 3 to tie, 4 to win. yes, he is breaking, has the ability to break and run. made a ball on the break, the made 2 more. missed the next shot to win everything. OK, i say to myself...lol. this is on a 7 footer, bar league. walked around the table many times, and just looked and looked and looked, then suddenly i saw the out, but i must start with a combo in the side, not to hard of a shot really. then i followed the lines i saw and the next thing i know.........i am out of line on my last ball. wasn't a bad thing, just meant i play the 8 in the corner insted of the side. i am a big table player, there are no long shots on a bar box....lol. so i shot my last ball, cue ball goes 2 rails just like he knew where he was going, and stopped nicely about a diamond up from the head rail and about 3/4 diamond from the side rail. 8 was 1/8 diamond up from the side pocket and it and the cue ball dead nuts straight in. my back hand shook for a second, went to basics, did a perfect stop shot, no, i didn't rifle it in, but shot a nice med. stroke, watched the 8 roll in and drop. my team attacks...LOL, barely able to get my $1200 schon on the table so it won't get broke..LOL. so, i won the game that helped my team win the state title. here's the kicker......it was the only game i won out of 5 games i played. anyways, just thought i would share. thanks

Timberly
07-04-2006, 05:24 AM
i i won the game that helped my team win the state title. here's the kicker......it was the only game i won out of 5 games i played. anyways, just thought i would share. thanks
Looks like you're a good clutch hitter! Congrats on winning the game & the championship, it's a great feeling. :)

rackmsuckr
07-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Way to go!!! It is so hard to keep it together under pressure, but you did it. Keep up the good work!

frankncali
07-06-2006, 02:20 AM
Nice going!!
I know it must feel good getting that win when you did.
Congrats and enjoy it .......thats why we play