PDA

View Full Version : Straight pool Break and Run

jeffmohl
07-04-2006, 08:09 AM
I ran across an instruction site which I have forgotten how to locate but it suggested there is a "league" or competition you can join with a scoring system for a game you play alone and then record on the net.

Is anyone familiar with this and can you lead me to the site? When I did view it the site appeared to be under revision and was not displaying fully.

Scottster
07-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Hi Jeff,
Welcome to AZ.
A few games come to mind. "Q-skill", "Fargo", and Equal offense.

In q-skill, you rack all 15, break and start running out. The first 10 balls are random with point values of 1 point, but the last 5 are in rotation and have a point value of 2 per each pocketed ball. Once you miss you stop, tally your points then rerack.
Each "Session" consists of 10 racks. After all 10 racks you ad your totals up and check your rating.

(I will update later with the chart I have.)

Fargo is played almost the same, except you choose when to start pocketing balls in rotation for 2 point values.

"Equal Offense" I cant remember much about it so hopefully someone else will chime in.

StraightPoolIU
07-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Let me see if I can get this right. In Equal Offense each player starts the inning by breaking the balls wide open...if you scratch it's ok...and then spot all the balls made and take cueball in hand behind the headstring. There is a maximum ball limit for each inning (usually 20) and it's played just like straight pool. The player shoots until his inning ends or he hits 20 then the balls are reracked for a break again. After each player has played 10 innings you tally up the scores.

bud green
07-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Try here for internet equal offense:http://www.tourboard.com/ieo/start.html

jeffmohl
07-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Thanks a bunch. I am new at these forums. Equal offense sounds like the one I am interested just so I can get a handle on a good handicap for my skill level.

seiyaryu55
07-04-2006, 12:09 PM
I think this is the site yur talking about?:

http://www.breakandrunleagues.com/

Irish634
07-04-2006, 02:05 PM
Try here for internet equal offense:http://www.tourboard.com/ieo/start.html

Is this still active? It looks like nothing has been done since the late 90's.

Better yet, is there interest in this type of internet league? I know its on the honor system but it looks like fun. How many AZers would be willing to do something like this? Leagues and/or tourneys?

hobokenapa
07-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Let me see if I can get this right. In Equal Offense each player starts the inning by breaking the balls wide open...if you scratch it's ok...and then spot all the balls made and take cueball in hand behind the headstring. There is a maximum ball limit for each inning (usually 20) and it's played just like straight pool. The player shoots until his inning ends or he hits 20 then the balls are reracked for a break again. After each player has played 10 innings you tally up the scores.

That's it. I believe there are Equal Offense threads out there. I've done it a few times, it keeps you focused.

Bob Jewett
07-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Is this still active? It looks like nothing has been done since the late 90's.
No longer active. It required someone to set up the time and date and be able to update the website. The last part could be automated more easily now.