PDA

View Full Version : What is your pool nickname and why?

brizglace
07-04-2006, 02:09 PM
What is your pool nickname and why?

Many people call me "Speedy Gonzales" or "Speedy" because I play very fast.
Arriba! Arriba! Ándale! Ándale! Are you ready for another game? :eek:

Barbara
07-04-2006, 02:30 PM
My pool name is "Dances With Boti".;) :rolleyes: :eek:

Barbara

whiteoak
07-04-2006, 03:34 PM
"fish" and "mark" seem to come up a lot by people discussing playing me.Go figure?M.S.

PoolSleuth
07-04-2006, 03:41 PM
CRAZYMAN because I do Crazy Stuff, and am a Practical Joker... Like putting BIG Boxes of Condoms in Old Folks shopping Carts at Wal-Mart....

DelaWho???
07-04-2006, 05:04 PM
I'd like to be known as the moyle......but marathon man fits the bill

McCue Banger McCue

travis trotter
07-04-2006, 05:08 PM
all you have to do is look at my avatar and you know what my handle is:)

thanks

powderburner
07-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Mullet. :D

From the days when shark meant good player. :eek:

poolhall maven
07-04-2006, 05:24 PM
"amazingtrace" because my name is tracy.
phm

Koop
07-04-2006, 07:34 PM
I think mine is "You suck" based on what my opponents say.

hobokenapa
07-04-2006, 08:22 PM
"Darth" (as in Vader) seems to have stuck for me. It can be traced back to the first Mosconi Cup in Hoboken when the American Captain did a Star Wars style movie trailer depicting Darth Edmonds (my surname) and his evil empire. Then when it was my match, the Euro team all sang along the Vader tune 'da da da-da da da-da da da-da' ...

Onemoreyouth
07-04-2006, 08:24 PM
when i get older they'll call me brownie....

my last name is brown.... small town... everybody calls whoever the oldest living brown is brownie.....

right now thats my grandpa

Cheez Dawg
07-04-2006, 09:07 PM
I have been labeled "Boomer" by a couple of couple of guys I play tournaments with.
They say it's because of my break.

skins
07-04-2006, 09:19 PM
the story why i'm called "skins" is a short one so here it goes. when i was a boy i used to play football with my freinds and one day, as we were playing, the ball actually started comming apart at the seams and i decided to totally "skin" the football. that earned me the name as skin. i'm called "skinS" now because, not only did the people that hung out in the hall i played at know this but also embelished on it when they saw i would play $100 a rack 9 ball. it was ironic that golf had a "skins" game that was about big money and i think this is where it came from. i stopped playing for money soon after that and the name just stuck.

StraightPoolIU
07-04-2006, 09:22 PM
If I've ever had one it's either been Smitty or the newer "four letter". I tend to sometimes work in expletives at the pool table the way others work in clay or oils.

Mystick Cue Fan
07-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Tony Little or Little Weasel.......One of my best friends and Cue maker Frank Bruce calls me littlist weasel of them all. They call me Tony little because when I go to Tournaments there is already like 3 tony's and one of them has my last initial. So I can't even be Tony C. Because he's a well know pool player. So they call me Tony little. How's that one.

Tony "Little"

matthew
07-04-2006, 11:13 PM
hack, sucker, mark, unfortunately it's never moneybags.

MyraCurfs
07-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Mine is chickenshit, because i always miss the winning ball!

metallicarokerx
07-04-2006, 11:42 PM
im known as "little a" because im 6"5 and im only 16

JoeyInCali
07-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Road Kill.

It's George Old Owner
07-05-2006, 01:04 AM
guess y my nick is It's George..no prizes tho..

Johnnyt
07-05-2006, 01:36 AM
I don't play anymore because of health reasons. When I played in NY I was "Rabbit" or "Wet Head." In Florida I was "JT" or "JohnnyT"

AZE
07-05-2006, 04:18 AM
****** *** **** **** ***** ****** ***** *** *** and ****** but that's only on days when they feel bad for me.

Matt_24
07-05-2006, 04:55 AM
This one player in my room named T-Bone (yes, this is his nickname...and nobody knows his real name that I know of) always calls me one of two things:

Matlock (guess he thought it was a funny derivation on my name, and it is funny when he says it).

or

Straight Shooting Bully

A guy in FL used to call me Chucky all of the time, because I think he had me confused with someone else....and I never bothered to correct him because I found it entertaining. These are the only nicknames I've ever had. Nothing cool. LOL

Jerry Yost
07-05-2006, 06:07 AM
ATM - Because I'm where you go to get the cash!

JayBates
07-05-2006, 06:15 AM
a few of the regulars call me silent assasin....they think im a pool god which im totaly not...they just suck :)

stick8
07-05-2006, 07:19 AM
I have been called {stick] as long as i can memember, started when i took up pool at 15 yr all the guyes called me stick, now my son is called stick, as is my grandson, a generations on sticks--- but i put a nick name on one of players that play in my pool room--- i call him volcher[spell] i tell him he is circling around looking for dead meat- wont play anyone that playes well . STICK:D :D :D :D :D

Snapshot9
07-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Had 3 or 4 in 44 years of shooting, but 'Snapshot' was given to me by Skeet Bushor, publisher of the Indianapolis Billiard News and tournament director at that time. He liked to give out handles to most of the better
players, and when I beat Brian Groce in the finals of a qualifier tournament
(on 8 foot tables), he gave me my current nickname.

Here in Wichita, some were calling me 'Scott the Shot', but we have another Scott here that plays well, Scott Brown, and they were calling him that too, so I have kind of gone back to 'Snapshot' more.

pawnmon
07-05-2006, 07:23 AM
My pool handle is "Six". I'm missing two fingers from each hand.

Cory in DC
07-05-2006, 07:51 AM
A bit OT, but this is one of the funnier nickname threads I've ever seen: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=14173

I don't have a nickname, but I'm working on it. All I have to do is (1) get a lot better, and (2) find a guy named "Cory" who shoots worse than me and convince him to hang out at the same pool halls I do. That way people will need to give me a nickname.

Cory

Double-Dave
07-05-2006, 08:07 AM
I´m pretty good at banks, my first name is Dave hence:

Double-Dave

It started when I banked the last three balls against a friend of mine. I kept calling the double, my friend did the rest by adding my first name.

The other one is OBD which stands for one ball Dave. This has nothing to do with my pool-skills however.

3RAILKICK
07-05-2006, 09:11 AM
THE CURSE

If it can go wrong, it will.

But then, there's no cure for stupid.

catscradle
07-05-2006, 09:34 AM
What is your pool nickname and why?

Many people call me "Speedy Gonzales" or "Speedy" because I play very fast.
Arriba! Arriba! Ándale! Ándale! Are you ready for another game? :eek:

I have none :(, but I suspect it wouldn't be complimentary if I did. :D

metal5d
07-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Mine is lucky bastard.......

ironman
07-05-2006, 10:23 AM
im known as "little a" because im 6"5 and im only 16

What the hell is it going to be when you grow up?

ironman
07-05-2006, 10:26 AM
The Clown refers to himself as "SWIPE"! He says that everytime he matches up, they swipe their debit card right up the crack of his butt.

ShaneS
07-05-2006, 10:31 AM
'American Psycho'. Go figure.;)

PoolSharkAllen
07-05-2006, 11:00 AM
The guys I play with think I'm a pool shark since I'm so hard to beat. :)

metallicarokerx
07-05-2006, 01:00 PM
What the hell is it going to be when you grow up?

probably "big a"

cueandcushion
07-05-2006, 03:30 PM
I think that the whole nickname culture in pool is great. It adds a lot of personality to our game. I don't have a nickname...(to my face anyhow) but I think its kind of funny that some people love their nickname...some dont. Some people THINK their is one thing...but behind their back it is something different. Some people WANT a nickname and some want it changed. I am sure some men dont like being called "little" Jimmy after they are grown up. Makes the ladies think his nickname is for something completely different. One guy quit coming into our pool room because of his nickname. He went from being "drunk" to "DUI" to "DWI"....he still drinks everyday...just not with us.

One of my favorite nicknames lately is a guy that used to be called "little Jake" ..after he lost several of his teeth in a fight..they called him Jake-O-Lantern....CLASSIC!!!

They only "nickname phrase" that anyone called me was something like "Hes the guy with expensive cues that can't play" ...lol. Which I cannot debate.

My nickname is probably just "that a**hole" when I am not present. It's okay.
My dog still likes me...:)

rackmsuckr
07-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Mine is Wonder Woman, go figure. :rolleyes:

Now being replaced with The QUEEN!

DavidMNienow
07-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Mine is Glamour Dave because when I'm not spending time making glamour shots at the pool table, I'm spending my time taking glamour shots of my hot model clients.

Captain Dan
07-06-2006, 12:11 AM
As the name suggests, Captain Dan. Also known as the Big 'Un, as I'm 6'2" and 300+lb.

Daniel

BillyKoda
07-06-2006, 06:10 AM
"Trophy Boy" all because I won the local American Legion trophy my very first year (some guys been trying for 10 years they tell me). It is the ugliest trophy on the face of the earth and they just won't let me forget about it.

BK

Ktown D
07-06-2006, 08:45 AM
Big D. I am big and my name starts with D.
Pretty clever huh?

Eagleshot
07-06-2006, 09:00 AM
The Glove - People at the pool room made fun of me for weeks when I started wearing it

Nanchez - A friend of mine is a local player named Alberto Juan and they thought it was funny to make my name sound Mexican

Supernanchez - From time to time I wear a Superman T-shirt & see above

johnnychokesalot - Obvious

Bye - Obvious

Hector Martinez - My road name

hi-lighter
07-06-2006, 09:02 AM
they call me A$$h0le because I am the king of 3 foul...:)

Snorks
07-06-2006, 09:38 AM
One guy is ATM because everytime he plays, he goes to the ATM to get the other guy his money.... Nevermind, that might be me.

highrun55
07-06-2006, 10:20 AM
When I was young it was "Great Scott" as in my last name and in my local bar when I use to drink, called Marsh Creek Tavern, it was "m.c. fats".
Now that I have my pool room and work all by myself they call me what else but "the houseman"

Williebetmore
07-06-2006, 10:55 AM
As a teenager it was always "The Emperor", because I was the "emperor" on the baseball team kangaroo court from Little League to college (breakup may have noticed I have always had a penchant for picking on the less gifted).

Now everyone who checks out AZB is calling me Williebetmore (go figure), because, of course, it is the first thing any good pool player asks when he sees my pool game.

hippiepool
07-06-2006, 11:00 AM
As a teenager it was always "The Emperor", because I was the "emperor" on the baseball team kangaroo court from Little League to college (breakup may have noticed I have always had a penchant for picking on the less gifted).

Now everyone who checks out AZB is calling me Williebetmore (go figure), because, of course, it is the first thing any good pool player asks when he sees my pool game.
you can probably guess mine ....ask at a.p. billiards

satman
07-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Had 3 or 4 in 44 years of shooting, but 'Snapshot' was given to me by Skeet Bushor, publisher of the Indianapolis Billiard News and tournament director at that time. He liked to give out handles to most of the better
players, and when I beat Brian Groce in the finals of a qualifier tournament
(on 8 foot tables), he gave me my current nickname.

Here in Wichita, some were calling me 'Scott the Shot', but we have another Scott here that plays well, Scott Brown, and they were calling him that too, so I have kind of gone back to 'Snapshot' more.
Would have been at the Billiard Cafe? I haven't seen Skeet but once I think since that place closed up. I won one of those Open tournaments he ran there. Waldo got 2nd and Steve Oaks got 3rd.

My pool team calls me CRASH, because I bump into balls when playing shape.

ScottR
07-06-2006, 01:21 PM
My pool name is "Dances With Boti".;) :rolleyes: :eek:

Barbara
Every time I almost get it put out of my mind, you go and remind me . . . :( :p

"Little Scott" or something derogatory. :rolleyes:

Barbara
07-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Every time I almost get it put out of my mind, you go and remind me . . . :( :p

"Little Scott" or something derogatory. :rolleyes:

My Indian name is "Doesn't Spill Martini No Matter How Filled It Is".:cool: :D

Barbara

ShootingArts
07-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Gamblers call me Santa Claus, danged if I know why. I ain't fat or jolly and I never wear red. One of life's little mysteries . . .

Hu

juegabillar
07-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Buddy Hall Jr., when I had my red beard.....nowadays they call me "El Presidente."

pollux
07-06-2006, 10:42 PM
evil tongues refer to me as 'cowboy' due to my propensity for weird combos instead of easy shots, rather than my instroke cowboy case...

i still like it, though. :)

RickBrazil
07-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Hey Cory; Im sorry about that guy, now, that my jaws are less sore and i quit laughingmy brazilianass off; I admit that was REALY FUNNY.
Congrats.
Rick

RickBrazil
07-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Ok now lets see, the capitain of my team call me [I]Brazilian Rabbit , and is a cute little nick...... I guess is because i just cant stay the F**K down after my shots...:o

sicbinature
07-07-2006, 12:35 AM
I have a friend here in Dallas who is still pretty much completly unknown, and he plays lights out. Everyone who knows who he is calls him Godstroke. Just about the best name i have ever heard. Me, dont have one yet.

Randy Bailey
07-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Beatle, my lsst name is Bailey, as in funny papers, Beetle Bailey. A friend of mine called me that about 45 years ago. he spelled it BEATle because I had BEAT a few players in the pool room. Beatle.........

Gerry
07-08-2006, 03:59 AM
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/dd-players.html

you can go to the above link and see the names, and nicknames of the players where I played/worked up north. Mine is real easy to find. :D

Gerry

Colin Colenso
07-08-2006, 08:45 AM
I wanted to come up with a nickname for myself, something other than 'choker' or 'cracker' that seems to get dumped on most players at some time or other :p as the IPT requests players submit an alias.

jsp suggested 'the calculator' and I thought it was pretty appropriate as I'm a kind of physics / analytical nerd and the 'nomme de guerre' kind of resonates alliterally with my name Colin Colenso :o (Thanks Mum and Dad for the cool name :rolleyes: ...:p)

It seems a bit pretentious to many, creating an alias, but what the hay, such is marketing right? It's kind of expected that pool players in the biz have some kind of nickname, and I'd rather not wait until someone dubbs me the umpteenth 'Thunder from Down Under' or some other supercillious or overused moniker.

Colin 'The Calcul8r' Colenso:cool: ...:o ...:D

Nostroke
07-08-2006, 09:00 AM
I wanted to come up with a nickname for myself, something other than 'choker' or 'cracker' that seems to get dumped on most players at some time or other :p as the IPT requests players submit an alias.

jsp suggested 'the calculator' and I thought it was pretty appropriate as I'm a kind of physics / analytical nerd and the 'nomme de guerre' kind of resonates alliterally with my name Colin Colenso :o (Thanks Mum and Dad for the cool name :rolleyes: ...:p)

It seems a bit pretentious to many, creating an alias, but what the hay, such is marketing right? It's kind of expected that pool players in the biz have some kind of nickname, and I'd rather not wait until someone dubbs me the umpteenth 'Thunder from Down Under' or some other supercillious or overused moniker.

Colin 'The Calcul8r' Colenso:cool: ...:o ...:D

Yeah poor Earl -stuck with that lame ass the pearl thing and poor anyone named Eddie.

Gravy Davey or vice versa-I was just deemed that for no reason that i know of. I was Tri State Dave for awhile because of my constant pool travels but it faded out in favor of the former. We had an older guy at my original pool room who loved nicknames and once a newcomer had been tagged, he made sure that everyone used it. That was a bit unusual.

Fast Lenny
07-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Mine is Fast Lenny because sometimes i shoot too fast well i do it alot and the name i had in recent months from the guys at Gallery is Lenny the Lock, because if i am betting its "usually" a lock up game with the %s in my favor.:D

Cane
07-15-2006, 05:24 AM
Some people call me Cane, because I make custom Split Cane Fly Rods and some call me "The Real Bankin' Bob". There's a local who declared himself "Bankin' Bob" a couple of years ago. He challenged me to some cheap short rack banks and lost 6 straight sets. When I banked the last ball in the last set, he got out of his chair, reached out with his cue shaft, touched me on each shoulder and said "I dub thee the REAL Bankin' Bob". We remain friends, but he won't play banks with me anymore. By the way, we have now renamed the Old Bankin' Bob... he's now known as ATM.

Later,
Bob

Mike_Mason
07-15-2006, 09:48 AM
I never had a nickname...but once when I had just finished beating Nicky Vlahos a game of straight pool for twenty dollars...he flipped the twenty on the table and said 'there you go, Ace'...that sounded pretty good to me.