PDA

View Full Version : 70's palmer cue

lsabado
07-05-2006, 09:58 PM
I need your help guys, I'm in the market for a palmer cue with the clear window on the butt sleeve. I know someone who is selling their Palmer. My question is, How do they play, do they have a stiff hit, and do you recommend using it or just keeping it as a collection? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

TATE
07-05-2006, 10:17 PM
The only way to know for sure how it plays is to try it out. I have quite a few Palmer's and they vary quite a bit in playing characteristics. Generally, Palmer's do not feel like a stiff cue. They have a neutral feel and tend to carry the weight more in the butt section. I like the way most Palmers play, but the ebony cues tend to be heavy and forward weighted.

In terms of collectibility, again there are some models that are very collectible, but others are pretty common.

Why don't you check out my website, http://www.palmercollector.com to see if you can identify your friend's cue. I can give you an idea of market value for most models.

Chris

Pizza Bob
07-06-2006, 05:32 AM
You da' man, Chris!

Adios,

Pizza Bob

TATE
07-06-2006, 07:25 AM
You da' man, Chris!

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Hi Bob, let's get together soon!

Turns out the Palmer that Mr. Isabado is looking at is a 2nd catalog Model "D" from about 1970. That's a Tilist conversion Palmer.

The "D" was the most popular window cue with veneered points ever made. The Titlist based Palmers are among my favorite playing cues.

Chris

poolhall maven
07-06-2006, 08:12 AM
Isabado--Tate is the MAN when it comes to Palmers! He is an expert so take whatever advice he gives you. He was very helpful to us a few months ago when we wanted to sell a Palmer. It was a pleasure doing business with him.
PHM

Curt
07-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Tate, A friend of mine has a Palmer Limited "H" Series. How does that play? and what can you tell me about it? Thanks