PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdam Billiards & Bar's Summer League

Jude Rosenstock
05-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Guys, Amsterdam Billiards & Bar Summer League registration is going on right now. We boast the strongest league in the country (Team Nine-Ball) and have league for all levels of play. If you have any questions, please contact me at the club (212.570.4545). Win a trip to Las Vegas, the Bahamas or win a custom-made cue!

Jude M. Rosenstock
League Director

twiztid_cue
05-21-2003, 02:06 PM
Do you have a website and how much is it to join it might be worth me taking a ride to the city every week.

bruin70
05-21-2003, 05:28 PM
the amsterdam site is quite ordinary and gives you only basic info. my suggestion is that you drop by both the east and west clubs, and take in the enviroment.

both have 6 hour "power plays" from noon to six, when you can rent a table for $20plus for the whole time. if they are in a particularly generous mood, maybe you can explain your vist and get them to transfer half the time to the other room......i said MAYBE. :):)

Jude Rosenstock
05-22-2003, 03:22 AM
To answer your questions and to clarify the first response, the league registration is $35 and there's a $12 weekly green fee. Pros that played last season include Mika Immonen, George SanSoucci, Tony Robles, Kim Shaw, Tiffany Nelson, Sharon Weiss, Romana Dokovic, Liz Schwartzreich and Jennifer Barretta. There is also a plethora of regionally recognized talent that include the likes of Steve Lipsky, Jonathan Smith, Christopher Lynch & Nicholas Schulman.

Although I do recommend visiting both the East and West clubs, the league I am referring to is held on the Eastside. It's the same club that is host to all of our ESPN televised events. Our Powerplay specials run daily at all times so if you plan to visit for a while, I strongly recommend you take advantage of them. Based on two players, we're arguably the cheapest room in the city with the highest standards for equipment. We boast 30 Brunswick Crown IIIs at both locations. At the Eastside club, all of our tables are equipped with Simonis cloth and Centennial balls and the cue-balls and cloth are changed frequently.

We have leagues for all levels of play and the prizes are quite generous. If you're simply looking to improve your game or if you're looking for the highest level of competition league-play has to offer, Amsterdam Billiards in New York City is definately a place you should visit. I'm also one of the managers there so look for me if you stop in. I can definately arrange for you to take advantage of a powerplay at both clubs for the same price.

Prices are Per Table (not per person) and can be used for up to 4 people.

PowerPlays at the Eastside Location:
Weedays (Sunday Night through Friday Day):
12pm to 6pm $22
6pm to 9pm $24
6pm to 10pm $29
9pm to 12am $27
10pm to 3am $24

Weekends (Friday Night through Sunday Day):
11am to 6pm $29
6pm to 9pm $24
8pm to close (any three hour period) $33

Also, League Players are given a 50% discount (based on hourly rate) when they play after their league match has concluded.

Jude M. Rosenstock
League Director
Manager
cue_control@yahoo.com

poolmouse
05-22-2003, 03:31 PM
:: There is also a plethora of regionally
:: recognized talent that include the
:: likes of ...

Add Danny Barouti to the list. You might also want to add that the great Gino plays regularly on table 8 on the West Side.

:)
Poolmouse

Jude Rosenstock
05-23-2003, 04:32 AM
Danny Barouti is one of our most beloved regulars however, I don't recall him participating in any of our leagues (though I could be very wrong). I didn't mention him because as far as I know, he doesn't plan on playing in our leagues this season though he may very well change his mind (then again, he might not). But, as far as contributing to the room's potent line-up, Danny is regarded as one of the Northeast's top straight-pool players and has reached heights only the game's greatest masters have attained.

Jude M. Rosenstock

twiztid_cue
05-23-2003, 07:25 AM
So from what you posted it seems like league play is not schedualed for just one day out of the week.

pooljunkie73
05-24-2003, 12:01 PM
With shooters like that it isn't a league,it's a pro tour!I wish i lived in New York.To get better you have to play better players,don't get much better than those players.

Jude Rosenstock
05-24-2003, 07:29 PM
It's by far a "pro tour". There are plenty of amateurs in the league, however, I'd say that the average player will break-n-run once every other set. However, we do have several different leagues. This is our strongest but we do have others for people that are beginner and intermediate players.

Jude