PDA

View Full Version : Ballstar cleaner - how did I live without it?

SpeedStar
07-06-2006, 10:35 AM
I finally decided to spring for one of these and wow am I glad I did.
I have always been very picky about keeping my balls clean for cloth life and good playability. Up to this point I was doing it the old fashioned way, by hand, which sucks.

This thing has them looking like new in under five minutes.
I find myself even more picky now. Any marks from the pockets or chalk and in they go for a quick clean.

My only complaint is the method for applying the polish. You are supposed to squeeze the applicator nozzle through a plastic fitting on the front of the unit which lets the fluid wet the applicator pad inside. It does not take much fluid either. Unfortunately mine leaks. I have tried to get the pad to seal on the applicator nozzle but it will still leak and run down the inside of the canister.
This is more of a cleanup issue than a functional issue. It is my only gripe, but not too big of a deal.

Anyone with their own table, do yourself a favor get one of these.
I think you will be pleased with it.

NaClBandit
07-06-2006, 12:22 PM
What'd you pay? New or used? Source?

Thanks.

alpine9430
07-06-2006, 12:36 PM
I have been thinking about getting one of these units.
Which model did you buy (the Deluxe or the Standard Model)?

Thanks for the information...

DrCue'sProtege
07-06-2006, 01:00 PM
for $400 or so, i think i will just use a towel and some polish, thank you very much.

DCP

SpeedStar
07-07-2006, 06:26 AM
I got the standard model from Platinum. Their price is $399.

It seems like a high price, but I have little free time and perfect playing equipment is important to me. I would rather spend my time playing instead of cleaning by hand.

Snapshot9
07-07-2006, 06:31 AM
The one that applies the cleaner and polish automatically is the one to get.
There is no cleanup with it. I bought one for a friend's bar, and we had a Ball Cleaning Service for awhile for other bars and small Pool rooms (7 and less Pool tables).

It more than paid for itself.

Rich R.
07-07-2006, 07:00 AM
For just a little more money, you could have had a ball cleaner from Bludworth, and it takes the entire set of balls, including cue ball, all at one time. Put the balls in, spray it with the solution, turn the nob and walk away. It does a great job too. :D

http://www.bludworth.com/images/machines/cleaner.gif

As someone else said, I just don't have the time to sit and do it by hand. I tried the Mini-Buffer, but that just didn't do the job well and it took too long.
If you can swing the price, a ball cleaner is definitely the way to go. :D