BHQ
07-07-2006, 07:10 AM
i just received this email from paypal
so accordind to paypal i'm screwed out of $25
if i would have paid $1000 or more???, then what? only recover $140.50

this is the post from a couple weeks ago about this lowlife *****
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=34934

Dear brent hartman,

We have completed our investigation into the claim detailed below.

It has been determined that the seller was at fault, and as a result, we
have recovered funds on your behalf. $140.50 USD has been credited to your
account. This is the maximum amount covered by eBay's Standard Purchase
Protection Program.If your claim was for more than the amount covered by eBay's Standard
Purchase Protection Program, the balance of the claim is due to you
directly from the seller. We will make our best effort to recover the
remaining balance from the seller on your behalf.
PayPal will also take appropriate action against the seller in this case.
Actions may include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or
termination of their account. PayPal uses a number of factors to determine
what type of action to take, including member complaints. Due to privacy
laws, we are unable to discuss the details of any action. We hope you
understand our policy, and that it ensures your safety when using PayPal.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details

Transaction Date: Jun 3, 2006
Transaction Amount: -$165.50 USD
Your Transaction ID: 2S1143354R823353X
Seller's Transaction ID: 2575469136396163H
Case Number: PP-178-125-066
Seller's Name: James Hogg
Seller's Email: shootersorangetx@yahoo.com

Sore_Aintya
07-07-2006, 07:16 AM
You still haven't been able to get in touch with this deadbeat?:(

PoolSleuth
07-07-2006, 07:17 AM
Personally Ii do not like Pal Pal after one GOOD SCREWING, no more Pal Pal for me....

jcrack_corn
07-07-2006, 07:18 AM
This is perfect, I've dealt with these SOB's before.....make copies of all of this stuff just to "have ready." Assuming this guy is in texas, you need to call the motor vehicle office and do a title search on his name, tell them you are a debtor. Put a lien on his car (or his house if he has one). You wont get any relief short term, but when he tries to sell either one, you will get paid (and you can get interest also, who cares if its a few pennies). You can also get research/fees paid to obtain his title info.

You are an official debtor man, find out if he has any assets. make it your life goal.

Dear brent hartman,

Protection Program.If your claim was for more than the amount covered by eBay's Standard

Transaction Details

BHQ
07-07-2006, 07:25 AM
there were a few guys that thought i got nasty with this guy over the three weeks he bullshitted me around
want nasty?

email to him today
i didn't use asterisks
az put those in

well, thanks man, appreciate it
i got ****ed out of $25 by you
paypal refunded me $140.50
some bullshit about that's the maximum i can recover

thepavlos
07-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Brent, like I mentioned before, if you used your credit card that is another source of resoluton.
Paul

ScottW
07-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Actually wouldn't he be a "creditor"? A debtor is the party that owes the debt.

Nostroke
07-07-2006, 09:00 AM

this is the post from a couple weeks ago about this lowlife *****
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=34934

Dear brent hartman,

Transaction Details

I'd be happy to get that much back. For $25 you learned alot and it will now be tough to screw you out of any REAL money in the future.

$25 is three packs of cigs in NY or 1/3 of a tank of gas. I just wish when i got screwed it was only $25.

ceebee
07-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Ebay is like a diode. The money goes in, but the care doesn't come out. It is definitely a one-way street for you & I, as far as Ebay is concerned. Their subsidiary, Paypal, duplicates Ebay's give-a shits...

I don't do business with PayPal anymore... they charge too much & there is NO real protection offered. I wish Mike would develop an auction for Pool Gear on this site, with an escrow department.

Gregg
07-07-2006, 09:19 AM
No offense, but I have heard of good, well meaning people getting burned for more than $25 dollars. I'd cut my losses, and forget about it.

Not that getting burned for even a dollar makes me happy, just pick your battles.

BHQ
07-07-2006, 09:43 AM
No offense, but I have heard of good, well meaning people getting burned for more than $25 dollars. I'd cut my losses, and forget about it.

Not that getting burned for even a dollar makes me happy, just pick your battles. yeah, i'm sure people have been burned for more than $25
my question is, is it always $140.50 they refund or is that some percentage they dreamed up
either way, why in the hell would anyone, including me NOW, even bother with buying anything more than $140 with paypal
i'm going to call paypal every single chance i get, pester the living shit out of them, email them 20 times a day. i'll do everything i can to get my $25 worth out of them

glfgd82
07-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Actually, when you put forth the "buyer complaint" thru paypal, it clearly states that paypal will get back as much of the original ammount MINUS a $25 service fee, this is new for them and that is where your $25 went.

BHQ
07-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Actually, when you put forth the "buyer complaint" thru paypal, it clearly states that paypal will get back as much of the original ammount MINUS a $25 service fee, this is new for them and that is where your $25 went. hey thanks for finding that. obviously i didn't see that. they mentioned that i have to get the $25 from the seller. YEAH RIGHT!!!!

Gregg
07-07-2006, 09:59 AM
yeah, i'm sure people have been burned for more than $25
my question is, is it always $140.50 they refund or is that some percentage they dreamed up
either way, why in the hell would anyone, including me NOW, even bother with buying anything more than $140 with paypal
i'm going to call paypal every single chance i get, pester the living shit out of them, email them 20 times a day. i'll do everything i can to get my $25 worth out of them

That's exactly what I would do, really. Give em' hell!

Nostroke
07-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Actually wouldn't he be a "creditor"? A debtor is the party that owes the debt.

Im not a lawyer but i wouldnt bet that Paypal declaring you are owed money makes you an official legal 'creditor' able to get liens etc.

zeeder
07-07-2006, 10:00 AM
I got burned for over $500! :( :(

glfgd82
07-07-2006, 10:00 AM
I just had to go thru the same thing and they took the $25 plus whatever other fees they took from the seller when I sent the money, so from the $230 I sent, I got back $175.25 which I consider a lesson learned.

Nostroke
07-07-2006, 10:04 AM
Ebay is like a diode.

Im sure if i knew what a diode was, I'd agree with you.
It's been a long time since science class.

Purdman
07-07-2006, 10:09 AM
I believe a diod is an electronic device, much like a transistor, that only allows electricity to flow one way. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Purdman

AuntyDan
07-07-2006, 10:12 AM

Not that getting burned for even a dollar makes me happy, just pick your battles.

The details of the program are here (http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/esppp-process.html). Basically the $25 is a fixed fee, so you always lose that. The coverage is only up to $200 anyhow, so anything above $200 you always lose, unless you have other kinds of protection through your Credit Card or PayPal. (Which claim to cover up to $1000 if you have used their Buyer Protection program, which requires you to pay from your bank account not your Credit card)

rackem
07-07-2006, 10:22 AM
The other guy on this guys negative list got screwed out of $800. My question is with this guys recent feedback why is he still an active member? That is the issue that EBAY should address. You should be thankful that you did get most of your money back. The cue did not appear to be a very good choice for conversion anyway. Think of this as a cheap education and Good luck in the future.

BHQ
07-07-2006, 11:16 AM
The other guy on this guys negative list got screwed out of $800. My question is with this guys recent feedback why is he still an active member? That is the issue that EBAY should address. You should be thankful that you did get most of your money back. The cue did not appear to be a very good choice for conversion anyway. Think of this as a cheap education and Good luck in the future.
i think it was well worth $152
considering most titlists go for $300 or more now
i wanted at the least to see the SOB

Irish634
07-07-2006, 01:17 PM
In this situation, you generally have to go through small claims court in the location of the seller. Given you are in Ohio and he/she is in Texas, and filing fees, etc. It's really not worth the hassle to go after the $25

A previous post mentioned putting a lein on his/her car or house. I don't think you can put a lein on his/her assets without a contractual agreement. But then again, I think the ebay auction in itself is a binding agreement.

Last time I got screwed out of a purchase, more than 95% of it back. It wasn't nearly the amout you guys have paid though.

Anyway, you did what you could. You left negative feedback and got your money back (minus the Paypal rip off fee). Plus you have warned all of us here at AZ about this guy.

Good luck on your next purchases.

CamposCues
07-07-2006, 01:25 PM
there were a few guys that thought i got nasty with this guy over the three weeks he bullshitted me around
want nasty?[/COLOR]

This is ironic. I bought a Titlist off Ebay from a guy a while back that I was going to convert. He had good feedback so I wasn't worried. I paid him instantly. It didn't show up after about a week so I contacted him through Ebay and left my number. He called and assured me it was on the way which was a blatant lie. It didn't show up for another week or two and I called and called him with no answer. I think I put in a claim with PayPal and even tried Square Trade I think and he finally called me back and told me he never had any intension of sending the cue. By that time like three or four people posted negative feedback on him and I contacted all of them and one guy had his address because he had sent a money order. He lived in Chicago and it so happens my brother and some of his buddies were in Chicago to watch a football game and do some partying. I had them suprise him at his apartment. Naturally he was shocked and probably a little worried about a possible bludgeoning so he handed over the cue. I was pumped. I should have had my brother ask him for the shipping charges while he was there. After it was all said and done the clown asked me to revearse my negative feedback I left him because i got the cue.

BHQ
07-07-2006, 01:27 PM
In this situation, you generally have to go through small claims court in the location of the seller. Given you are in Ohio and he/she is in Texas, and filing fees, etc. It's really not worth the hassle to go after the $25

A previous post mentioned putting a lein on his/her car or house. I don't think you can put a lein on his/her assets without a contractual agreement. But then again, I think the ebay auction in itself is a binding agreement.

Last time I got screwed out of a purchase, more than 95% of it back. It wasn't nearly the amout you guys have paid though.

Anyway, you did what you could. You left negative feedback and got your money back (minus the Paypal rip off fee). Plus you have warned all of us here at AZ about this guy.

Good luck on your next purchases. i'd rather beat it out of him

BHQ
07-07-2006, 01:29 PM
This is ironic. I bought a Titlist off Ebay from a guy a while back that I was going to convert. He had good feedback so I wasn't worried. I paid him instantly. It didn't show up after about a week so I contacted him through Ebay and left my number. He called and assured me it was on the way which was a blatant lie. It didn't show up for another week or two and I called and called him with no answer. I think I put in a claim with PayPal and even tried Square Trade I think and he finally called me back and told me he never had any intension of sending the cue. By that time like three or four people posted negative feedback on him and I contacted all of them and one guy had his address because he had sent a money order. He lived in Chicago and it so happens my brother and some of his buddies were in Chicago to watch a football game and do some partying. I had them suprise him at his apartment. Naturally he was shocked and probably a little worried about a possible bludgeoning so he handed over the cue. I was pumped. I should have had my brother ask him for the shipping charges while he was there. After it was all said and done the clown asked me to revearse my negative feedback I left him because i got the cue. do you have any brothers in texas??? :D what do they charge for "house calls"?

misterpoole
07-07-2006, 01:31 PM
I went through this back in May. PayPal came back short but it was more like $50 ($1700 cue). I called PayPal for an explanation and they said it was a mistake. The amount I was missing was the sellers fees and I should not have to pay that. They refunded the final amount immediately.
Call them.

CamposCues
07-07-2006, 01:34 PM
do you have any brothers in texas??? :D what do they charge for "house calls"?

Looks like the Huskers play A&M down there in November...I'll let you know if we get tickets to the game;)

BHQ
07-07-2006, 01:35 PM
i also withdrew my money from paypal except for $00.01
i have no intention of closing the account
my hope and satisfaction is that it eventually costs them more to maintain the account than i lost
there's more to the story
they screwed me out of $102 for 3 transactions that my bank charged me $34 each for
my acct is setup so that if there is nothing in the checking acct i use for paypal, my credit card is the back up
paypal sent three transactions back to my bank twice rather that divert to the credit card like they always have in the past
bank says it's paypals fault
paypal says it's banks fault
F*** 'EM both

misterpoole
07-07-2006, 01:40 PM
The details of the program are here (http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/esppp-process.html). Basically the $25 is a fixed fee, so you always lose that. The coverage is only up to $200 anyhow, so anything above $200 you always lose, unless you have other kinds of protection through your Credit Card or PayPal. (Which claim to cover up to $1000 if you have used their Buyer Protection program, which requires you to pay from your bank account not your Credit card)

The PayPal Buyer Protection plan is well worth the read. I got back $1700 (full refund) and I had used a credit card as payment. I have no complaints about PayPal. My complaints would be with the dirtbags on Ebay.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_pbp-outside

BHQ
07-07-2006, 01:44 PM
The Buyer Protection plan is well worth the read. I got back $1700 (full amount) and I had used a credit card as payment. I have no complaints about PayPal. My complaints would be with the dirtbags on Ebay.
i agree. but, he'll go on selling on ebay, as many others have. even if they kick him off, he'll just open a new acct and he's back in business.

misterpoole
07-07-2006, 01:49 PM
i agree. but, he'll go on selling on ebay, as many others have. even if they kick him off, he'll just open a new acct and he's back in business.
Nobody's forcing you to use Ebay. If you still want to use Ebay then the PayPal Buyer protection policy will assist you in making better decisions.
For example, buy from a seller that has at least 50 transactions.

BHQ
07-09-2006, 07:13 PM
his email to me tonight
Hello I am very sorry.I lost my grandmother then got a dwi and went to jail and just got out.You got paid 140 from paypal.What can I do to make you happy.Do you want the 25?I would sent the cue but I have to pay pal back that amount so that would not be fair either.Please let me know what you want and I'll make good of it.Thanks again and I am sorry

my reply
to be honest with you. i don't know if i can believe you or not. i've been thru this stuff once before with a guy. i bought every line and excuse he gave me and it ended up screwing me in the end. i bought something else already and i'm tapped out. that's why i was so pissed about paypal deducting $25. in my opinion the $25 should not come out of MY pocket. i did my part of the deal

BHQ
07-18-2006, 11:13 AM
In a message dated 7/11/2006 6:02:04 AM Eastern Standard Time, shootersorangetx@yahoo.com writes:
him: Cause I am in the hole with them cause of the cue.I am sending a usps money order if thats ok or maybe just cash in a card whatever you want.I am not doing this to make paypal happy just to do the right thing.
me: ok, that's cool. i understand

been a week already. nothing arrived yet. imagine that :rolleyes: