PDA

View Full Version : Richmond, VA folks?

ScottW
07-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Hey gang -

So it appears that I'm going to be in the Richmond, VA area around mid-September - taking my dad up there for his last WWII army division reunion.

I'm hoping I'll have time to scoot out and shoot some pool while I'm there, after he's crashed for the night.

We'll be at a hotel right near the river - here's a Google Maps link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=100+South+12th+Street,+Richmond,+Virginia+23219&ie=UTF8&om=1

Any suggestions on a good place close by? And if anyone's up for having me along, that'd be fine too. :D

I know it's still months away but this is on my mind so I'm posting now. Nyah. :P

Timberly
07-07-2006, 09:48 AM
I was just there 2 weeks ago.... you're 7 miles from The Playing Field which is where I ended up going. Decent tables, nice bar, pretty good food, and nice people.

Playing Field
7801 W Broad St, Richmond, VA
7.7 mi NW - (804) 755-7700

Here's the link of pool rooms close to your hotel...
Edit - for some reason it won't work. Go to the map you posted and in the right hand corner click on "Find businesses". When the screen changes up top, enter Billiards in the box titled "what". (the street address of your hotel should be there already)

Here's the link to the thread I had going two weeks ago... lots of input from people knowledgeable of the area.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=34805&highlight=Richmond

scottycoyote
07-07-2006, 10:59 AM
mid september, wont the us open be going on in chesapeke? you might wanna scoot up there

Brian in VA
07-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Hi Scott,

Depending on when you're coming and what nights you're looking to hook up, I may be able to meet up with you. Looks like your hotel is down in Shockoe Bottom and there is also a beer place / restaurant with tables on the upper floor that aren't too bad. Probably not a bad walk from where you're staying.

PM me with dates and a phone number and I'll send mine to you if you're interested.

I think the US Open is the end of the month, first week of October.

Brian in VA

NotYou
07-07-2006, 01:37 PM
If you're looking for action of any kind, go to side pocket. It's also going to be closer to where you're staying. If not, playing field is just down the road from there. They would be your next best bet. If you're interested in playing some when you get here, PM me.

ScottW
07-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Brian & NotYou,

Plans are to be there the weekend of Sept. 15th. I'm not after 'action' i.e. gambling, just would like to meet some like minded folks and shoot some friendly pool. :)

It's still a while off - I'll get in touch again when its a lot closer.

Thanks guys!

ScottW
09-14-2006, 09:25 AM
Well my trip to Richmond is looming - picking up my dad from his assisted living crib and heading up tomorrow (Friday) morning. We'll be there Fri/Sat/Sun nights.

I'd love to get out at least one evening, after Dad's crashed for the night, and shoot some balls around with a local or two.

So drop me a PM if you're game. Again, I'm at the Omni on South St.:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=100+South+12th+Street,+Richmond,+Virginia+23219&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=14&ll=37.54063,-77.434902&spn=0.025726,0.085487&iwloc=A

so anyplace close by (walking distance would be great!) will do fine :D

quitecoolguy
09-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Hey there if im not mistaken the Apa will be hosting the Tricup at the playing field...I will be there sat morning playing but would love to shoot some.. I wont be hard to miss large Black male with a orange shirt on that has a flaming skull on the back with nine ball for eyes that has a saying "Dont Fear the Man... Fear the Game" :)

my cell is 804-350-1077 give me a call if your there on this sat

Tony

ScottW
09-14-2006, 06:53 PM
I'll be spending the days looking after my dad, and looking to go shoot some in the evenings.

I'll take your cell # with me though. :)

ScottW
09-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Hi Scott,

Depending on when you're coming and what nights you're looking to hook up, I may be able to meet up with you. Looks like your hotel is down in Shockoe Bottom and there is also a beer place / restaurant with tables on the upper floor that aren't too bad. Probably not a bad walk from where you're staying.

I'm guessing the place you mentioned is the Richbrau (if I have the name right)? I'll be there Saturday evening for a 'progeny mixer' - here for a WWII army division reunion, and the mixer is for the kids of the vets ('kids' being relative - most are middle aged themselves by now).

I'll probably be looking to do something Sunday night as well, and may well end up going back to this joint again.