PDA

View Full Version : Pool in Mongolia

breakup
07-07-2006, 04:23 PM
A friend just returned from an extended tour of Mongolia. This photo was taken in Ulaanbaatar a major city. She said outside pool tables are very common there. Just thought it was a cool photo.

Nostroke
07-07-2006, 04:39 PM
A friend just returned from an extended tour of Mongolia. This photo was taken in Ulaanbaatar a major city. She said outside pool tables are very common there. Just thought it was a cool photo.

Judging by his lack of pool etiquette knowledge, I'll play the guy in white some. The rest got no action.

I agree-cool pic.

PoolSleuth
07-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Photo look like a TYPICAL Mexican Border Town with Pool Table outdoors...

GADawg
07-07-2006, 06:37 PM
You can see this in every smaller town in China. A small town here is anything under 3-4 million people. They just cover them with plastic if it rains.

Nostroke
07-07-2006, 06:45 PM
You can see this in every smaller town in China. A small town here is anything under 3-4 million people. They just cover them with plastic if it rains.

How long can a regular indoor table survive like that? What about wind, rain at night? They cover them adequately and diligently every night?

And that cloth looks pretty good too.

Here in the US, even a table in a World Championship isnt safe from the elements and that isnt the only time ive seen an indoor table rained on.

Ronoh
07-07-2006, 10:32 PM
I'd like to play the guy on crutches, because he has more etiquette than they guy in the white shirt.

The guy on crutches knows how to play pool and got beat up because of it... from what I see of that town.

Judging by his lack of pool etiquette knowledge, I'll play the guy in white some. The rest got no action.

I agree-cool pic.

:eek:

GADawg
07-08-2006, 09:53 AM
How long can a regular indoor table survive like that? What about wind, rain at night? They cover them adequately and diligently every night?

And that cloth looks pretty good too.

Here in the US, even a table in a World Championship isnt safe from the elements and that isnt the only time ive seen an indoor table rained on.

In most places they cover them pretty diligently if they are expecting bad weather. Several layers of plastic tied around the legs. I have only played on an outdoor table here one time and it was far from ideal in terms of condition and being level. On the other hand, in most places which have these conditions, there is no other choice and the people there have never played on anything else.

pete-biker
07-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Nice pic and just proves that it's not that easy to find a place without pool if you're not too picky about conditions to play.

Hal
07-08-2006, 10:13 AM
The guy on the left looks like he has a 2x4 case on his back. I'll put him in the box against the guy in the white. 11 ahead for $11.00

pete-biker
07-08-2006, 10:23 AM
The guy on the left looks like he has a 2x4 case on his back.

It can as well be M72LAW in a special case:D