PDA

View Full Version : Welcome aboard Liz

Timberly
07-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Take it all with a grain of salt. ;)

nineballcc
07-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Awesome! Welcome aboard Liz! For those of you who don't know her - she's a nice lady and a real trip to hang out with at tournaments!!

alinco
07-07-2006, 07:59 PM
And you play jam up, Liz :D

Andy

Nostroke
07-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Welcome Liz.

I still think the most memorable tournament match i ever watched was your win vs Kim Shaw after being down 6-1, in Binghamton a week or two after she won the National Amateur

When it was 6-1, you started trying to get her on 3.

I'm saying to myself like the jerk I am.What's the point, you 'll never win anyway. Well you won that game and i dont thnk you missed another ball the rest of the set. Your focus never waivered. You played some great safes, and ran out each attempt including the last game on a tough table for the victory 7-6. You also won my highest non-revocable respect as you know.

Great to have you on board.

Eydie Romano
07-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Welcome Liz!

It's always great to have new blood here! :D

Eydie

Barbara
07-08-2006, 06:51 AM

Welcome to JPNEWT's 2003 POY and winner of the inaugural WPBA Invited Spots for 2004.

Never underestimate Liz "The Giant Killer" Ford!

Barbara

Snapshot9
07-08-2006, 07:29 AM
aboard - A little bit of heaven and a little of hell .... lol

Hal
07-08-2006, 07:52 AM
I must confess that I've never heard of you. That doesn't matter though. Welcome anyway. I'll be sure and read up on you.

Barbara
07-08-2006, 08:09 AM
I must confess that I've never heard of you. That doesn't matter though. Welcome anyway. I'll be sure and read up on you.

Maybe you'd recognize her maiden name - Schwartzreich.

Barbara~~~one TD who's thankful for the name change:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

hilla_hilla
07-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Hi Liz!!!

You gave me the 8 and drilled me in San Diego. Glad to see you on this thing:)

hilary

lizford
07-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Thank you for the hearty welcome everyone! Sorry I didn't respond sooner but I was waiting for my account to be activated.

I thought I was just going to keep lurking along.. Thanks Timberly for outing me ;)

Those of you I know (timberly, cc, nostroke, hilla, andy, barbara),
thanks for the kind words. Thank you for introducing yourselves: Snapshot9, Hal and Eydie.

liz

p.s. nostroke is my hero

Voodoo Daddy
07-11-2006, 09:18 AM

Welcome, you have tremendous talent and your a joy to watch <seen you at the Hard Rock two weeks back>.

p.s. NoStroke isnt my hero but I like his hat :D

vagabond
07-11-2006, 09:29 AM

Her face looks familiar . I think I knew(?) her since she was a kid from portland, OR.
Wellcome to the board Liz.

lizford
07-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Her face looks familiar . I think I knew(?) her since she was a kid from portland, OR.
I did live in pdx from 1993 to 2001. How do you know me vagabond?

Liz

p.s. thanks for the uplift voodoo daddy

Nostroke
07-11-2006, 09:35 AM

WTF? have you lived everywhere at some point?

Really- Is there any 300 mile radius in this country where you havent lived or spent significant time? You outed yourself but you are still a mystery to me.:)

Timberly
07-11-2006, 10:39 AM
You outed yourself but you are still a mystery to me.:)
LMFAO, I thought the exact same thing... even when we know who he is, we still don't know who he is. :D

Liz, Vagabond is a very sharp dressed gentleman that follows women's pool quite closely and is also quite an accomplished player himself. If memory serves me correctly, he doesn't play competitively anymore because of failing eyesight but he still loves to be involved in all things pool.

:)

pharaoh68
07-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Thank you for the hearty welcome everyone! Sorry I didn't respond sooner but I was waiting for my account to be activated.

I thought I was just going to keep lurking along.. Thanks Timberly for outing me ;)

Those of you I know (timberly, cc, nostroke, hilla, andy, barbara),
thanks for the kind words. Thank you for introducing yourselves: Snapshot9, Hal and Eydie.

liz

p.s. nostroke is my hero

Hey Liz-

You may not remember me. You came into Diamond Jim's once in upstate New York and gave me the last two on the tight pocket table. It was a lot of fun playing you as you shoot really well and are a helluva challenge.

Come on back anytime. I'm usually there on weekends and at least once or twice throughout the week.

...And Davey (Nostroke) is my hero too!

-Brian

quitecoolguy
07-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Hey there Liz

Welcome to the forum...as mentioned before i havnt heard of you as well..which i will fix with a quick google of you name..and some phone calls..but glad to have you here and if your ever heading to VA pm and i would be happy to give ya the tour of the town...

vagabond
07-11-2006, 09:10 PM
LMFAO, If memory serves me correctly, he doesn't play competitively anymore because of failing eyesight but he still loves to be involved in all things pool.

:)
Timberly,
U have always been kind & nice to me and u are nice once again to me by saying ``failing eye sight``.In actuality I am legally blind in one eye,feeble and old f$$t.Thank u kimberly.:cool:

Ummagumma
07-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Hello, Liz. Welcome to the board. I saw you when you were at Lincoln City last year.

You used to be from Portland, Oregon? Whereabouts if I may ask? I used to live there for 3 years in the Raleigh Hills area, near Beaverton, and about 30 minutes walking distance to Washington Square mall. It sure rains a lot there! Even more than Seattle. And if not that, then it certainly rains harder.

Jude Rosenstock
07-11-2006, 10:55 PM
WTF? have you lived everywhere at some point?

Really- Is there any 300 mile radius in this country where you havent lived or spent significant time? You outed yourself but you are still a mystery to me.:)

I knew it. I'm calling her "Gypsy" from now on. I'm sure she'll be thrilled!

sarahrousey
07-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Hey Liz, I'm glad you finally decided to post here. You belong at the bottom of the main page with the rest of the pros...hint hint.

See you in a couple weeks.
Sarah

Nostroke
07-12-2006, 08:03 AM
I knew it. I'm calling her "Gypsy" from now on. I'm sure she'll be thrilled!

No that was for Vagabond, Liz has not seen nothing compared to him.

allie
07-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Hi Liz! Welcome and have fun. There's a lot of really great people here.

I'll see you in Peoria!

Alice

CrownCityCorey
07-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Hello Liz! Welcome.

I believe you and I share page 54 of last months BD. Nice to make your aquaintance.

lizford
07-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Hello, Liz. Welcome to the board. I saw you when you were at Lincoln City last year.

You used to be from Portland, Oregon? Whereabouts if I may ask? I used to live there for 3 years in the Raleigh Hills area, near Beaverton, and about 30 minutes walking distance to Washington Square mall. It sure rains a lot there! Even more than Seattle. And if not that, then it certainly rains harder.
I moved there in 1993 to go to Reed College in SE. I lived in woodstock area and then just west of downtown for a while. I played sometimes at hot shots over near where you lived. I moved to NYC in 2001. Did we meet when you lived in pdx?

Liz

lizford
07-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Hello Liz! Welcome.

I believe you and I share page 54 of last months BD. Nice to make your aquaintance.
I thought we looked pretty good! Just mho...

lizford
07-13-2006, 08:38 AM
Hey Liz, I'm glad you finally decided to post here. You belong at the bottom of the main page with the rest of the pros...hint hint.

See you in a couple weeks.
Sarah

Hi Liz! Welcome and have fun. There's a lot of really great people here.

I'll see you in Peoria!

Alice

Thanks ladies!
See you soon.

Liz

Steve Lipsky
07-13-2006, 09:05 AM
Liz, you're a big asset to the New York pool scene... you've got a lot of heart and are a real student of the game, always looking to learn or help.

It'll be nice having you on the forum...

- Steve

iralee
07-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Liz, you're a big asset to the New York pool scene... you've got a lot of heart and are a real student of the game, always looking to learn or help.

- Steve

I agree - Liz is very solid and has a great attitude. Welcome, Liz.

-Ira

...wondering why the three of us don't have cool nickname signons like everyone else...

Ummagumma
07-13-2006, 11:14 AM
I moved there in 1993 to go to Reed College in SE. I lived in woodstock area and then just west of downtown for a while. I played sometimes at hot shots over near where you lived. I moved to NYC in 2001. Did we meet when you lived in pdx?Liz

LOL no, when I lived in Portland, I think you were still a toddler. I lived there from 81 to 84, going to a boarding school for my sophomore through senior years. I've heard good things about Reed.

lizford
07-13-2006, 12:41 PM
...wondering why the three of us don't have cool nickname signons like everyone else...

I, for one. have no qualms about posting under my real name. I recently changed it after getting married. All the bad, shameful and/or embarassing stuff I did was under my maiden name, so I think I'm ok. Give me some time and I'll probably have to change it again. :)

Liz

lizford
07-13-2006, 12:44 PM

- Steve

Thanks steve. btw.. do you know any good proctologists who can remove the your wife's foot from my butt? She stuck it up there pretty good when we played last night..

vagabond
07-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks steve. btw.. do you know any good proctologists who can remove the your wife's foot from my butt? She stuck it up there pretty good when we played last night..

I now like (plutonic) u more than ever.:cool: