PDA

View Full Version : Is it a Dufferin, or FAUX Dufferin

PoolSleuth
07-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Ran accross some inexpensive Sneaky Pete that have what looks like the Dufferin Maple Logo, but they do not say Dufferin. The say Ontario? Are there Dufferins or Clones???? Look like a jointed house Q.

pdcue
07-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Ran accross some inexpensive Sneaky Pete that have what looks like the Dufferin Maple Logo, but they do not say Dufferin. The say Ontario? Are there Dufferins or Clones???? Look like a jointed house Q.

I have 6 Dufferin Sneakys still in the plastic shipping sleeves,
they are virtually indistinguisible from the house cues
EXCEPT, the maple leaf logo and Duff sig is Green instead of red

Dale Pierce

Varney Cues
07-08-2006, 05:01 PM
I've seen these cues. They are not Dufferin cues and are very poor quality. If you want a "beater" cue ...pm me...I have lots of scraps/trade ins, etc.
KV

dacue
07-08-2006, 05:04 PM
They are not Dufferin cues. A knock off from China or some other eastern country. They are junk I bought 2 cues and both where crap, and I got them cheap!
dacue

PoolSleuth
07-08-2006, 06:53 PM
They are not Dufferin cues. A knock off from China or some other eastern country. They are junk I bought 2 cues and both where crap, and I got them cheap!
dacue

Thanks for the warning..:)

rackem
07-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Just a note people. Dufferin is now owned by Lucasi. New Dufferins are now made in China not Canada. From what I understand all of Dufferins manufacturing equipment was shiped to China.

X Breaker
07-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Actually, Dufferin was sold to a Chinese factory so they are now owned by the Chinese and is operated out of China. They are still using the same name but the design of their cues are totally different.

You could be looking at a "real" Dufferin manufactured by the new Dufferin factory in China.

Richard

Varney Cues
07-08-2006, 10:35 PM
You could be looking at a "real" Dufferin manufactured by the new Dufferin factory in China.

Richard
Nope...I've seen these cues. They say "Ontario" and are complete junk. They've made 1pc house cues that I've seen for years.

Unknown
07-09-2006, 02:51 AM
i bought a cheap dufferin knock off i went to play right away and the thing wouldnt even screw together properly so i tried taking it apart but it wouldnt come apart, so i returned it within an hour.

PoolSleuth
07-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Just a note people. Dufferin is now owned by Lucasi. New Dufferins are now made in China not Canada.

That is TRUE...:mad: