PDA

View Full Version : Overkill - Level I

Blackjack
05-26-2003, 08:27 AM
This drill consists of 3 levels. This is the first level. Levels II & III are featured in Lessons in 9 Ball. Good luck

twiztid_cue
05-27-2003, 12:51 PM
if there is lessons like this throughout the whole book you can count me in on a copy. Im glad you got to make the book the way you wanted it.

Blackjack
05-28-2003, 10:10 AM
The book is filled with diagrams of drills just like this one. I'll let you know when it is ready.

Bluewolf
05-28-2003, 10:52 AM
David,

That is a very pretty picture. I do think that I understand it. When the ball goes into the rail and back off, are you using centerball? What ball speed? or does that change?

Can stop a ball dead in the table where I want it or get it to roll forward where i want it or back up where I want it but pretty horrible at controlling the action off the rails. Only a beginner at position.

Laura

Bluewolf
05-28-2003, 10:55 AM
Sorry for asking dumb questions. now I see low left. i do not understand the rotation what that means. I will have to show it to my husband, then he can explaiin it and show it to me.

Laura

twiztid_cue
05-28-2003, 12:23 PM
from the way it is setup in the picture it looks like he is talking about starting with the 1 ball and ending with the 9. so the rotation would be 1 through 9 in numerical order. at least that is what im thinking.

Bluewolf
05-29-2003, 04:28 AM
An instructor told me that the drill was too hard, that I was not good enough to do it without getting real frustrated.:(

Laura

jjinfla
05-29-2003, 06:19 AM
An easier version would be to take ball in hand after each shot. Then you can see where you really should have positioned the CB. I would suspect that even A players will have trouble with this drill. Doesn't make the drill bad - just hard.

tshot
05-29-2003, 08:18 AM
If it's a hard drill, wouldn't that be the whole point of the thing? Give you something to practice to improve your game?

twiztid_cue
05-29-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by tshot
If it's a hard drill, wouldn't that be the whole point of the thing? Give you something to practice to improve your game?

I aggree

Zims Rack
05-29-2003, 12:00 PM
Blackjack- I've been reading many posts from this Forum lately and I must give credit where credit is due. You have created some of the most challenging drills I have ever seen and tried. I have tried a few of your drills that have been posted in the past and am still working on them to this day. The drills keep my mind and stroke in shape, even though I am unable to complete them, I still give it my all without getting too frustrated. I can't wait to get a copy of your book. I would also like to work a business deal with you if that is possible. Contact me when the book is available and maybe we can talk. Thanks again Blackjack...Zim

AzHousePro
05-29-2003, 01:02 PM
Here here. Blackjack and his posts are a great addition to the site. Thanks again David.

Mike

jjinfla
05-29-2003, 03:34 PM
As for Blackjack's drills the only one that I am really any good at (can complete) is the side pocket drill. That doesn't mean that I don't try them or like them, just that I don't have the skill it takes to complete them without cheating. Some I get farther than others. Some I get out of line right away. I like the two rail draw to center drill. But learned the shot in Steve Campana's book. And usually get the 1st 4 balls before I have to cheat and adjust CB position. But it is satisfying to be able to cut all 7 balls into the pocket. I just have never been able to get position on the 8. And it is pointless to cheat at that point. LOL Jake

Snapshot9
05-29-2003, 05:01 PM
Sorry to disagree with your drill, but the CB position for the 2 ball looks to have too much of angle for the CB to follow the dotted line for shape on the 3 ball.
I spin the cue ball quite a bit, but that angle going to the end rail does not look possible with the angle you have on the 2 ball.

Blackjack
05-29-2003, 06:17 PM
Scott,
The dotted line is to give a general idea of where to get position. Below is how the drill will appear in the book.

Bluewolf
05-29-2003, 09:59 PM
David,

I really like your diagram. I am just learning shape. Do you have some easier diagrams for somewhat like me?

Laura

Blackjack
05-30-2003, 11:33 AM
This one here is very basic, Laura. I have several more that are more geared for your level that I will send to you.