PDA

View Full Version : Jayson Shaw USA Mosconi Cup?

kagewest
10-28-2015, 07:01 PM
He married an American girl so he is a legal US citizen. He should be able to play for the USA as a captions pick. He won turningstone why is he not on the USA'S points list?

Joe_Jaguar
10-28-2015, 07:11 PM
He married an American girl so he is a legal US citizen.

You might want to research that :embarrassed2:

kagewest
10-28-2015, 08:46 PM
You might want to research that :embarrassed2:

Well I would ASSume she is an American girl her father owns a pool room in the north east.

Buster Jones
10-28-2015, 09:24 PM
Marriage may, or may not get you to get a green card. Nothing is guaranteed. But it doesn't get you citizenship. You need to live here with green card for so many years. Then apply. Nothing is guaranteed.

spartan
10-28-2015, 09:27 PM
OP should watch that Gerard Depardieu- Andie Macdowell movie "Green Card" :)

Lonestar_jim
10-28-2015, 10:00 PM
OP should watch that Gerard Depardieu- Andie Macdowell movie "Green Card" :)
He did bed her in that one near the end, right ?

Wait did they have a bar table in that flic ? [emoji51]

spartan
10-28-2015, 10:13 PM
He did bed her in that one near the end, right ?

Wait did they have a bar table in that flic ? [emoji51]

He did. Not sure about that bar table
But the moment that got her hooked on him was my favorite scene - that piano scene, hilarious and very well done
They don't make such good romance movies anymore :D

Grantstew
10-29-2015, 01:42 AM
Hands off, he's Scottish!!

How many US players in last 8 winners side in the Open? Not augering well for the Mosconi is it, I can see why you're clutching at straws ;)

Colonel
10-29-2015, 02:02 AM
Hands off, he's Scottish!! ;)

In the brackets here on AZB they show a British flag next to his name.

Too soon?

7forlife
10-29-2015, 02:21 AM
wow, talk about reaching. Next they are going to ask for Mika and Thorsten to play then say that Darren can't live here and play for there.
Seems like there's little faith in the American players, but then again the OP is not clear of citizenship by marriage so i'm not sure if he counts. I bet you they won't naturalize a player and put on their team.

It's USA vs EUR, has some faith in your people and stop trying to recruit. What they need to do is pick a team and stick with it for a while and stop changing the players and the chemistry every year

anbukev
10-29-2015, 02:36 AM
There are instances where siblings would play for different countries in the World Cup.

http://www.sportskeeda.com/football/brothers-twins-fifa-world-cup

Grantstew
10-29-2015, 03:22 AM
There are instances where siblings would play for different countries in the World Cup.

http://www.sportskeeda.com/football/brothers-twins-fifa-world-cup

Usually it's africans who have migrated to Europe and then they have the choice of two nations. Shola Ameobi played for England at all the youth levels, never made it to the main team, and then played for Nigeria when they came calling instead.

corvette1340
10-29-2015, 04:25 AM
The OP doesn't speak for the majority I can assure you.

Keith Jawahir
10-29-2015, 07:06 AM
Jayson has stated on his FB page that if he can't get into the Europe side of the Mosconi cup, he's more than willing to play for team USA.

OLD NO 9
10-29-2015, 07:50 AM
Wait a minute this did this

voiceofreason
10-29-2015, 09:13 AM
Jayson has stated on his FB page that if he can't get into the Europe side of the Mosconi cup, he's more than willing to play for team USA.
:grin-square::grin-square::grin-square::grin-square::grin-square:

Think I could be in contention for a spot based on the last few years performances

sarahrousey
10-29-2015, 09:53 AM
If it only took marriage to be a citizen, the population of the US would skyrocket! You have to go through a years long process to get legal US resident status (2 years with the first one, then more meetings, paperwork, money to maybe be approved for the 10 year resident status). I think it's 5-10 years before you can become a citizen.

There are a lot of players from Europe that now have legal resident status and there are a handful that have dual citizenship and have become citizens. I can think of Ewa Laurance, Kelly Fisher, Thorsten Hohmann, Karen Corr, Julie Kelly and I'm sure there are some others that have gone as far as getting citizenship. I'm not sure of the Mosconi Cup requirements about playing for one team or the other when you are a citizen of both a European nation and the USA.

actionplayer
10-29-2015, 11:39 AM
He married an American girl so he is a legal US citizen. He should be able to play for the USA as a captions pick. He won turningstone why is he not on the USA'S points list?

worst post ever
to clear up if you marry someone you are not a citizen
therefore he is not on the US points list

hes freaking scottish born and bred so let it die