PDA

View Full Version : Mosconi Cup Format Change?

JimGinPhx
10-29-2015, 10:06 AM
With Asia and the Philippines having so many world class players, maybe it's time to change the format to a 4 team event.
U.S.A. , Europe, Asia and the Philippines.

ChicagoJoe
10-29-2015, 10:08 AM
dont think talent is why america and europe play...

Zphix
10-29-2015, 10:13 AM
With Asia and the Philippines having so many world class players, maybe it's time to change the format to a 4 team event.

Might as well just give the title to the Philippines once a year then.

:thumbup2:

Kris_b1104
10-29-2015, 10:15 AM
Yay a new and refreshing topic...

july9x
10-29-2015, 10:43 AM

Very close but this is more appropriate and doable:

U.S.A
Europe
China (including Taiwan)
and Philippines

Asia can't be a team because there are gonna be only Chinese and Filipino players. The only other Asian country I can think of could provide some good candidates is Japan (but not good enough for a whole team - 5 or more players)

So either USA vs Europe or those 4 teams I think it will be good.

pro9dg
10-29-2015, 11:40 AM
Just forget it.
IT AINT NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN

THIS IS PROBABLY THE MOST BORING SUBJECT THAT KEEPS TURNING UPON THIS SITE

King T
10-29-2015, 11:50 AM

U.S.A
Europe
China (including Taiwan)
and Philippines

Asia can't be a team because there are gonna be only Chinese and Filipino players. The only other Asian country I can think of could provide some good candidates is Japan (but not good enough for a whole team - 5 or more players)

Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia could all field a team that could compete.

King T
10-29-2015, 11:52 AM
Might as well just give the title to the Philippines once a year then.

:thumbup2:

I think your right. There may be some competitive rounds, but at the end of the day, I agree with you, Philippines all day.

hg2357
10-31-2015, 07:41 AM

U.S.A
Europe
China (including Taiwan)
and Philippines

China is China, Taiwan is Taiwan. Taiwan has its own flag and President.

bral
10-31-2015, 08:08 AM

And after we get all the countries to participate, we could call it, I don't know, maybe the World Cup! ...

BRussell
10-31-2015, 08:19 AM
And after we get all the countries to participate, we could call it, I don't know, maybe the World Cup! ...

That's right. Matchroom has other events with other countries, and maybe they'll add more if it's financially feasible. But the Mosconi Cup is what it is and has a long history.

HelloBaby-
10-31-2015, 08:52 AM
Mosconi Cup will never change. They even refused to add Canada to make it NA vs EU, they said they wanted to keep the tradition.

I would like to see a team of double Ko, Jung Lin, Yu Lun, and Kevin Cheng vs EU though. Sorry US but I don't think they can provide a equal match-up.

Maybe we turn back to Charlie to make it happen hehe

Fast Lenny
10-31-2015, 08:55 AM
They have world cup of pool for stuff like that. I think going from USA to North America or The Americas vs Europe would be better. Then we could get Alex, Morra, Klatt and some others involved. They have a whole continent and we have a country. :cool:

Mousa
10-31-2015, 09:03 AM
Isn't that the reason they are making the King's Cup, which starts in 19 days in Manila if I remember correct?

Mousa
10-31-2015, 09:04 AM
Reyes, Bustamante, Ko Pin Yi and Pin Chun

vs

Immonen, Appleton, Ouschan and I'm forgetting the last one! Maybe Hohmann?

pro9dg
10-31-2015, 10:18 AM
Reyes, Bustamante, Ko Pin Yi and Pin Chun

vs

Immonen, Appleton, Ouschan and I'm forgetting the last one! Maybe Hohmann?

Does anyone really care who wins. Great players one and all. But it would be better to replace Albin with Jayson Shaw and market them as The European Expats. Then they might have a chance of developing a fan base.

Donny Lutz
11-01-2015, 05:44 AM
China is China, Taiwan is Taiwan. Taiwan has its own flag and President.

Hey, most Americans cannot even find China on a map, let alone do they know that Taiwan is not part of China. Even many pool writers confuse Taipei with Taiwan.