PDA

View Full Version : Shot Clock at US Open

watchez
10-29-2015, 01:25 PM
Why is there only a shot clock on the TV table? Why would you run a tournament with different rules depending on what table you are playing on?

And I believe during Shuffs match on the TV table the shot clock wasn't even on. While a friend of mine pointed out that a Japanese player had the shot clock violation called against him.

Joe_Jaguar
10-29-2015, 01:56 PM
Why is there only a shot clock on the TV table? Why would you run a tournament with different rules depending on what table you are playing on?

And I believe during Shuffs match on the TV table the shot clock wasn't even on. While a friend of mine pointed out that a Japanese player had the shot clock violation called against him.

They don't even have consistent rules on a table. The shot clock wasn't even on during the first match on Accu-Stats today, Daz v VanDeBerg. The commentator said it is not on because it isn't a "full production" match. Just dumb. Haven't even paid attention during the second and third match at the shot clock but don't believe it was on during either.

sciarco
10-29-2015, 01:58 PM
for a US OPEN should've been prepared a lot better.

9andout
10-29-2015, 02:35 PM
for a US OPEN should've been prepared a lot better.
Agreed!
I would've worked the clock!

Johnnyt
10-29-2015, 02:45 PM
I'm sure when to use clock is by Accu-Scat, so match goes on one DVD. No refs, no clocks on the other tables. Always follow the money for the answer. Johnnyt