PDA

View Full Version : Problems With Accu Stats PPV Stream

Kickin' Chicken
10-30-2015, 06:44 AM
Yesterdays (Thu) stream was pretty bad, freezing, choppy and eventually just went dead and stayed that way during the last match.

At one point, Jerry F said they were having bandwidth problems at the hotel.

Any updates from Accu Stats on whether this might get fixed for today's action?

best,
brian kc

curacao2
10-30-2015, 06:51 AM
You would think they would have a backup internet link. (even a portable hotspot with enough bandwith would do)

meister2u
10-30-2015, 07:51 AM
They say they have back up service and the hotels internet was weak..(read the final four post on main page top)...well I dont wanna be the devils advocate...but shouldnt you have checked out all of these issues before you even went live on the first day??

Who is the IT guy and its easy to blame the hotel but these internet issues should not be a problem deep into the streaming of any ppv event....customers have a right to be upset and disappointed!!!

BeiberLvr
10-30-2015, 08:08 AM
Lay off the complaints guys. Otherwise oldzilla might give you red rep

Joe_Jaguar
10-30-2015, 09:45 AM

'Zilla is real scary :rotflmao1:

HelloBaby-
10-30-2015, 09:53 AM
Talking about karma lol. He was mentioning Kozoom's problem with the provider at the last w9bc with comments like they got paid alot of money and they sucked. Well, I plan to watch the final day so hopefully they will fix it.

marknyc
10-30-2015, 11:15 AM

Red rep for giving feedback on the quality of a product / service that people are paying for? I certainly hope not.

This week's stream hasn't been great quality - from the distracting mic hum to choppy video, it hasn't been up to what it should have been. If people are being flagged rep points for being honest, it sure is a sad day for the Accu-stats folks (who are usually fine people).

JB Cases
10-30-2015, 12:25 PM
it was bad last night. thought it was on our end.

shinobi
10-30-2015, 01:07 PM
You would think they would have a backup internet link. (even a portable hotspot with enough bandwith would do)

I agree. If your business is live streaming a backup link is a no-brainer.

A portable hotspot wouldn't have enough bandwidth to serve all customers but it doesn't have to. It only has to have enough bandwidth to deliver the stream to an offsite server that in turn streams that broadcast to the masses.

ie: Hotspot -> Accustats headquarters proxy streaming server -> Customers

fishless
10-30-2015, 03:55 PM
How was / is the stream today, I'm just getting home and contemplating getting it again but not if I'm going to be frustrated.

Thanks in advance.

couldnthinkof01
10-30-2015, 03:59 PM
How was / is the stream today, I'm just getting home and contemplating getting it again but not if I'm going to be frustrated.

Thanks in advance.

You dont want to miss barrys speech, should be classy!